Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winterfresh
Sep 11, 2004

Pro.
This. Is. Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNC_UUrBYbQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:perfect:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Please don't post my videos

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

this video can summed up as "lol security forces and lol SERE"

everything about the rabbit was hilarious

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

iyaayas01 posted:

this video can summed up as "lol security forces and lol SERE"

everything about the rabbit was hilarious
Yeah it has everything. Dumb enlisted, giving up a reasonable good job for a shot at a cool guy job, failing out of that school more or less immediately, and being shocked that you end up getting screwed at the end of that.

I especially liked the part where the SERE candidate assumed someone else would make sure there weren't dangerous animals in the training area.

e: forgot to mention the tech school marriage

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Goddamned enlisted bingo. Wonder what the interest rate on his Camero was.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
He probably got like $700 cash back!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was thinking it wasn't so bad when he was talking about how TIs are passive aggressive idiots. Then the rest of the video happened. Failed to make the best of the situation to any degree, and still publicly crying about it years later in his anime decorated room.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

As soon as he mentioned SERE, I knew he was going to get weird about the bunny.

"This organization that once nuked hundreds of thousands of human beings into ash had this a new member that accidentally didn't kill a bunny properly and it ran around in pain for a few minutes."

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008
I'm jealous of the guy with that sweet contract to supply all of those rabbits.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I do think think I could kill a ribbit. Unless they had starved me for a few days and it was all I had to eat. You know, like they do in sere school.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

I had the second rabbit in sere school. It pissed on me. I had no trouble killing it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
holly boops failed hard at killing the rabbit

my element made the kid who owned a pet rabbit as a kid do the job. best choice, one hit, no problems

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
How hard is it to smack a rabbit in the head with a rock? Or hell palm its head, grab its ribcage, twist.

The really funny part is when someone hasn't seen the rabbit kettlebell swing, or the knifeless push-and-squeeze method.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

The really funny part is when someone hasn't seen the rabbit kettlebell swing, or the knifeless push-and-squeeze method.

I still laugh a little bit whenever I see this picture.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Terrible Robot posted:

I still laugh a little bit whenever I see this picture.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Going through CST, there was a girl in my element who hesitated right as she brought the log down on the rabbit's head. The blow was hard enough to crack the skull, but not break the neck. I had to kill the poor thing to stop the screaming.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've shot rabbits before, but I'd be a little uneasy about killing one with my bare hands. If need be I'd of course get it done though.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Lazy Reservist posted:

Going through CST, there was a girl in my element who hesitated right as she brought the log down on the rabbit's head. The blow was hard enough to crack the skull, but not break the neck. I had to kill the poor thing to stop the screaming.

You don't kill animals in CST :confused:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

I've shot rabbits before, but I'd be a little uneasy about killing one with my bare hands. If need be I'd of course get it done though.

I caught one in a snare once when i was a kid. I just snapped the neck by twisting the head like the cap on a coke bottle. It's real easy I'm sure you'd be fine

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Holy poo poo :lol:

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
Classmate from tech school made tech first try, he also made staff first try in 2013. Dude is going places.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

lite_sleepr posted:

You don't kill animals in CST :confused:

CST aka "SERE Light" at the Academy. In the mid 90s they did away with the resistance and escape portion after allegations of sexual assault during the resistance phase. So it was watered down to just survival and evasion.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Kpro posted:

Classmate from tech school made tech first try, he also made staff first try in 2013. Dude is going places.

Pretty soon he'll be a Chief and never have to do anything besides yell at people wearing jackets inside or having a slightly too long haircut

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

The FHP + "Do more with less" is killing us. How do I get rid of it? Run for Congress?

In the meanwhile, the solution is clearly to block leave requests, and hot-pit every day.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 23, 2016

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Just hold it upside down by its back legs, making sure they don't touch each other, THAT is what makes them freak out otherwise they stay calm. Club the base of the skull with a stick in a downward motion. Goal is to pop the spinal cord at the base of the skull, instant death. But you actually have to hit it, if you puss out like the person described in Airman of the Year's video yeah you just hurt the thing and it becomes unhappy.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Lazy Reservist posted:

CST aka "SERE Light" at the Academy. In the mid 90s they did away with the resistance and escape portion after allegations of sexual assault during the resistance phase. So it was watered down to just survival and evasion.
Yeah, who could have forseen that letting 21-year-olds play the role of sadistic prison guards with 19-year-olds as their prisoners would go poorly.

The Sheriff Jake
May 8, 2006
I saw a guy OC spray a racoon once on post. That is as close as rabbits go for security forces.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
AFPC missed a packet of TSgt Tests. :laffo:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

whatspeakyou posted:

AFPC missed a packet of TSgt Tests. :laffo:

lol you have a link? This would be the second time in two boards they've hosed this up.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Well, that explains why I don't have a posted WAPS score.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:wtc:

Does AFPC deal with anything like an ORI? Because it's painfully clear they literally cannot do their mission. If flying wings were this incompetent, we'd have planes falling out of the sky or hitting each other daily.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Dominoes posted:

The FHP + "Do more with less" is killing us. How do I get rid of it? Run for Congress?

In the meanwhile, the solution is clearly to block leave requests, and hot-pit every day.

You don't get rid of it. You accept that this is the life you chose.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Shalhavet posted:

Well, that explains why I don't have a posted WAPS score.

You really should talk to your shirt about that man.

EDIT: No link, just a few people I know getting e-mails from their leadership about it. Also I see it has propped up on Reddit now. Number of people not having WAPS scores loaded and this was apparently the issue AFPC sent back.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 24, 2016

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008
It turns out my husband doesn't have kidney stones after all. After a week of codeine-infused waiting around, they decided his X-rays were misunderstood and instead he just messed up his back and was constipated. :tinfoil:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Holy poo poo LOL

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
If I did my math right (lol retard enlisted) I think I made $385 for 12 days at Maxwell. I think it's the most I ever made on a TDY.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
SECAF's cracked the code: additional duties are what's killing morale and retention!

a) lol

b) glad it only took her over two years in the seat to figure this one out

c) yet another example of total eyewash. Almost all the additional duties that suck up large amounts of time are poo poo that has to get done, either because it's important (UDM, Security Manager, DTS, GPC cardholder, facility manager) or because it's managing compliance with statutory/Big Blue requirements (UTM, Safety, SAPR). Since this is a "let's get rid of stuff that doesn't make sense*" initiative and not a "let's look at a reorg to actually get you the right amount of people to do the job" initiative, they're only going to get rid of poo poo that doesn't "have" to get done...which means they're only going to get rid of the poo poo that doesn't take up that much time to begin with.

* Unless someone on Air Staff thinks it's important, in which case get bent

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean yeah squadrons and wings wasting a bunch of manhours on completely retarded mandatory volunteer events because of required volunteer bullets is extremely stupid, but for the addditonal duties that need doing, in a perfect world whatever unit would just have extra guys so that extra load on top of whatever primary job isn't a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like for example wing command posts are typically required to also have someone serve as the wing SORTS manager. But that's a job that takes all day, monday through friday (in a large wing), in a career field that somehow manages to stay undermanned even with AFPC manning number fuckery. Pushing it off onto someone else won't really help the root problem there.

• Locked thread