Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's such a bizarre choice but I'm looking forward to it.

Maybe they'll make Ward a Ghost Rider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can only imagine ghost rider looking like poo poo considering tv cgi

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Considering how lovely their SFX look this should be hilarious.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe it will be the Ruins version

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just confirmed, Gabriel Luna will be playing Robbie Reyes.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

X-O posted:

Just confirmed, Gabriel Luna will be playing Robbie Reyes.

He's 33, which is odd given that the character is 18 or so in the comics, but I guess that's TV for ya.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Maybe Ward can be like a demon or ghost or something

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
No, no you aren't going to trick me into watching AoS again.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Cardboard Box A posted:

Maybe Ward can be like a demon or ghost or something

The door is busted wide open for that now. But I am kind of sad that Ghost Rider will probably be wasted on this show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So i guess ghost rider will not be one of the seventy cameos in infinity war

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

site posted:

So i guess ghost rider will not be one of the seventy cameos in infinity war
He'll just be CG so they won't have any issues with actors or whatever.

Bonus if they pull this but with Thanos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I don't think I could handle another Inhuman-focused season.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

The Kingpin/Wilson Fisk is not an interesting character to me, and I don't really want to see more of him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cardboard Box A posted:

He'll just be CG so they won't have any issues with actors or whatever.

No, I mean because he's on aos he won't be in a movie

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

site posted:

No, I mean because he's on aos he won't be in a movie
Why is that?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Because the movie side of Marvel doesn't pay attention to the TV side at all and it's overseen by Ike Perlmutter who was forced out of the film side by Kevin Feige. AOS bends over backwards to try and fit itself into the continuity of the movies, but the movie division doesn't give a gently caress about AOS. There is pretty much zero chance anything happening on AOS will even affect the Inhumans movie if it ever gets made.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

I can only imagine ghost rider looking like poo poo considering tv cgi

Robbie is a little different in that he doesn't look like he has a skull for a head and they could do it with a mask.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this? posted:

Robbie is a little different in that he doesn't look like he has a skull for a head and they could do it with a mask.

What 616 books is Robbie originally from? I only know him from secret wars ghost racers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All New Ghost Rider.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this? posted:

All New Ghost Rider.

Cool I'll have to check that out

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dacap posted:

Because the movie side of Marvel doesn't pay attention to the TV side at all and it's overseen by Ike Perlmutter who was forced out of the film side by Kevin Feige. AOS bends over backwards to try and fit itself into the continuity of the movies, but the movie division doesn't give a gently caress about AOS. There is pretty much zero chance anything happening on AOS will even affect the Inhumans movie if it ever gets made.
What would stop them from using Ghost Rider if they wanted to INFINITY WAR though? From what you say it sounds like the TV division has no say in the movie division, so they couldn't overrule the movie division from doing whatever they want with GR.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I'm not saying they couldn't, but they likely wouldn't even if it was just out of Feige's spite for Perlmutter. Maybe they'd acknowledge the Netflix shows, but in general the TV division is kind of in it's own separate bubble.

It's like how if there's a movie prequel tie-in comic it's written around the movie, but the movie wouldn't directly reference events in the comic that aren't on film. AOS is just a companion piece that may as well be out of continuity.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Cardboard Box A posted:

What would stop them from using Ghost Rider if they wanted to INFINITY WAR though? From what you say it sounds like the TV division has no say in the movie division, so they couldn't overrule the movie division from doing whatever they want with GR.

Nothing is legally stopping them, but the movie side seems to currently hold the position of "we don't really give a poo poo about the TV projects." People on the TV side have expressed interest a few times now while the movie side has shown negative interest, basing off of interviews of both sides. For example, when asked, the people behind Civil War admitted to not knowing anything about what was going on in AOS, which makes it pretty clear that AOS has absolutely no seat at the table when Feige road mapping MCU projects.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Really, they could still use Johnny Blaze. The All-New Ghost Rider was a brand-new character that is almost completely unrelated to the original.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Nothing is legally stopping them, but the movie side seems to currently hold the position of "we don't really give a poo poo about the TV projects." People on the TV side have expressed interest a few times now while the movie side has shown negative interest, basing off of interviews of both sides. For example, when asked, the people behind Civil War admitted to not knowing anything about what was going on in AOS, which makes it pretty clear that AOS has absolutely no seat at the table when Feige road mapping MCU projects.

They didn't know because TV shows take less time to produce than movies. They have no idea where characters from TV will be when they actually release the movies, which is why it's difficult to put them in the movies. Whereas the TV shows know what's going to happen in the films, so they can easily write that into an episode.

I think they can include TV characters in movies, but it would be cameos and probably filmed very close to release.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Super Dan posted:

Really, they could still use Johnny Blaze. The All-New Ghost Rider was a brand-new character that is almost completely unrelated to the original.

True.

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah, and even the Netflix shows and AoS barely acknowledge each other outside of minor Easter eggs, despite being produced by the same division of Marvel.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

They didn't know because TV shows take less time to produce than movies. They have no idea where characters from TV will be when they actually release the movies, which is why it's difficult to put them in the movies. Whereas the TV shows know what's going to happen in the films, so they can easily write that into an episode.

I think they can include TV characters in movies, but it would be cameos and probably filmed very close to release.

The vast difference in production schedule is certainly part of it, but the screenwriters of Civil War outright said, during a set visit in the summer of 2015, that they were completely unaware of the Inhuman fish oil stuff on SHIELD. As in, they hadn't even heard about it until an interviewer brought it up.

It's still possible that the films will eventually reference the TV side through Easter eggs or even minor cameos, but it's definitely less likely than it was before the Feige/Perlmutter split.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah, cameos are tricky because of the different schedules, but there is no actual reason a TV show can't be roadmapped the same way the movies are, especially considering many TV shows have already done precisely that. The fact that the people writing Civil War knew absolutely nothing about there being a big Inhuman storyline in AOS means that there is absolutely no connection between the creative elements of the TV and Movie teams. If the TV stuff were actually part of the MCU, the big Inhuman storyline is something that would have been planned in advanced, especially since they were also planning to do an Inhumans film at the time.

We already know that Kevin Feige is running the show on the movie side and has things plotted out years in advance, so the fact that the people who were tasked with kicking off the next phase of the MCU and also having to provide a launchpad for the sudden arrival of Spider-Man were never filled in on what was going in AOS clearly means that Feige and company could not possibly give less of a poo poo of what was happening there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

The vast difference in production schedule is certainly part of it, but the screenwriters of Civil War outright said, during a set visit in the summer of 2015, that they were completely unaware of the Inhuman fish oil stuff on SHIELD. As in, they hadn't even heard about it until an interviewer brought it up.

Yes, they said that because they were too busy doing the screenplay of Civil War. It wasn't "lol we don't give a poo poo!" like people portray it, it's "we haven't watched it because we were focused on Civil War."

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

It's still possible that the films will eventually reference the TV side through Easter eggs or even minor cameos, but it's definitely less likely than it was before the Feige/Perlmutter split.

But Inhumans weren't mentioned in Civil War. Hell, SHIELD was barely mentioned except in reference to Winter Solider. So why would they even ask about what's going on?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Yes, they said that because they were too busy doing the screenplay of Civil War. It wasn't "lol we don't give a poo poo!" like people portray it, it's "we haven't watched it because we were focused on Civil War."

That's not the way the MCU works. The writers don't just write what ever they want. Feige has the overall storylines roadmapped in advance and they have to fit their screenplay to match what the MCU is doing. The writers didn't know about AOS because AOS is not a part of that raodmap in anyway. It has nothing to do with them being busy.

notthegoatseguy posted:

But Inhumans weren't mentioned in Civil War. Hell, SHIELD was barely mentioned except in reference to Winter Solider. So why would they even ask about what's going on?

Because it was a given that AOS was going to have a cross over episode, so people asked if the sudden arrival of large amounts of powered people would play into the Civil War storyline.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

That's not the way the MCU works. The writers don't just write what ever they want. Feige has the overall storylines roadmapped in advance and they have to fit their screenplay to match what the MCU is doing. The writers didn't know about AOS because AOS is not a part of that raodmap in anyway. It has nothing to do with them being busy.

Because it was a given that AOS was going to have a cross over episode, so people asked if the sudden arrival of large amounts of powered people would play into the Civil War storyline.

quote:

Anything about the registration act won’t be as much of a big deal but at the end of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,,” we now have the fish oil that will clearly be awakening Inhumans…

MARKUS: It sounds like a good show that I should watch. I have to confess, having come here, I’ve seen no TV since I got here in April. One, I haven’t seen any of “Game of Thrones,” and I haven’t seen the vast majority of this season of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,.” There’s fish oil?

McFEELY: Is there really fish oil? What are you talking about?

What happens is…

McFEELY: Perhaps we shouldn’t spend this valuable time [crosstalk] doing that.

MARKUS: The binge will be happening soon. Answer to your question, there is fish oil all over this movie.

http://collider.com/captain-america-civil-war-screenwriters-interview/

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
How's AoS been lately? I love Robbie Reyes and I'll watch season 4 for him, should I be hype or should I get ready for mild disappointment?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Robbie's got some nice wheels.

https://twitter.com/DailySuperHero/status/756647714981642240

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, Robbie's thing is street racing with a muscle car, not a motorcycle.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If Robbie is just Steve McQueen with a flaming head I'm good

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

How's AoS been lately? I love Robbie Reyes and I'll watch season 4 for him, should I be hype or should I get ready for mild disappointment?

Season 1.5 up to the first half of season 3 are all pretty great. There's a few duds in the later half of season 3, but it picks up at the end.

Opinions around here vary, but I like it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

notthegoatseguy posted:

Season 1.5 up to the first half of season 3 are all pretty great. There's a few duds in the later half of season 3, but it picks up at the end.

Opinions around here vary, but I like it.

I seem to be the only person who thought the second half of S3 was better than either the first half of S3 or the second half of S2.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know what...the more I consider, the more sure I am that the production values for Ghost Rider are gonna be pretty bad, not just graphically but stylistically as well. It's just not gonna have the gritty, abrasive production that a real top-notch visual team can pull off on a TV budget.

But the more I think about it the more I'm anticipating this anyway. Robbie Reyes' storyline is a little less...niche?...than Johnny Blaze's and more...I guess...mainstream and simplistic and almost cartoonish in a way (in a good way) that I think these creators can pull off.

And unless I remember wrong, Mr. Hyde was involved in his creation and first storylines? :v: Hopefully they find a way to tie that in.

Hey, if nothing else, this will almost certainly bring All-New Ghost Rider back into comics and that is unarguably a great thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yes this is the interview I was referencing. The writers had no idea about the fish oil because AOS is not part of the game plan Feige gave them to work with. Unlike Spider-Man and Black Panther, for example. So despite the fact that Feige was planning an Inhuman movie at the same time AOS was planning on doing an entire season about Inhumans, the two have nothing to do with each other because Feige isn't involved in the show, and the show currently has no place in his plans for the MCU, which is why not a single movie has referenced a single event from AOS or any Marvel show so far. If AOS were part of his MCU, he would have had it at least referenced in passing during Civil War, since he seems to put cross references in about every movie, and certainly because something that big for the shared universe (the emergence of countless powered Inhumans) would have to be planned way ahead of time, just like the movies are.

To reiterate: The writers of Civil War didn't know what was happening on AOS because the development of AOS is completely unrelated to the rest of the MCU. The only way they could know is to watch the show. MCU films are designed to fit with each other, and always link in some way to the other films. They don't have to watch the films to know what is happening int he MCU. Feige isn't going to let that happen. The fact that the writers were oblivious to the happenings of the show means that the happenings of the show are not part of the creative process of shaping the overall shared universe, which is a process lead by Kevin Feige.