Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FirstAidKite posted:

How much of Jojo is Araki finally hearing about these old myths and including them as part of the jojo plot?

If araki is still doing jojo in 10 years, how likely would it be that someone's stand is essentially slenderman or some equivalent thing

Literally everything in JoJo is Araki reading about something and deciding it's so cool that he wants to share it through his manga. Sometimes it's more obvious than others, all the poses are from Italian fashion magazines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Begemot posted:

Literally everything in JoJo is Araki reading about something and deciding it's so cool that he wants to share it through his manga. Sometimes it's more obvious than others, all the poses are from Italian fashion magazines.

Well, I mean

I don't know how to phrase it, because yeah I agree with you, but I feel like that makes it sound like Araki isn't original which isn't true either so idk how to put it.

I know as far back as Cool Shock BT he was doing that poo poo tho with teaching kids how to knock out giant hornets so you can sneak them into peoples' pockets, and how to perform illusions so that you can play tricks on hitler cosplayers

And the trip they take in stardust crusaders is definitely inspired by the trip araki himself took to egypt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress me, if Araki did creepypastas for Part 10, I'd die.

Give me someone whose Stand is a possessed creepy Pokemon game.

Give me Ben Drowned the Stand battle.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FirstAidKite posted:

Well, I mean

I don't know how to phrase it, because yeah I agree with you, but I feel like that makes it sound like Araki isn't original which isn't true either so idk how to put it.

I know as far back as Cool Shock BT he was doing that poo poo tho with teaching kids how to knock out giant hornets so you can sneak them into peoples' pockets, and how to perform illusions so that you can play tricks on hitler cosplayers

And the trip they take in stardust crusaders is definitely inspired by the trip araki himself took to egypt

Oh I didn't mean to imply he's not being original, the way those ideas are used is the important part. But sometimes it's really obvious that he read about some cool thing and couldn't wait to put it in JoJo, like the sky fish stand in part 6.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The anime thread is freaking out over ghosts, I can't wait until they meet Mikitaka :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

We already talked about this a month ago you mong.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Diesel deserves to be rebooted.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

We already talked about this a month ago you mong.

Gah

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

It's fine, I'mma hit you with a custom meme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHP_kehLm_8

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

The greatest tragedy is they pulled it before more issues came out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want to see Diesel's version of D'arby.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Diesel's posted again and ya didn't even show Dollar Store Dio Brando?? I'm disappointed. :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That's not the Dollar Store DIO, this is

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

FirstAidKite posted:

why is hol horse the only one to get "original" art instead of tracing preexisting art

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Dias posted:

It's fine, I'mma hit you with a custom meme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHP_kehLm_8

ah you ripped my fuckin pants

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

FirstAidKite posted:

MOBILE SUIT IN ACTION!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

why is hol horse the only one to get "original" art instead of tracing preexisting art

Because that's Cowboy

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I decided to try a bunch of non-central jojo characters in akinator and it didn't get a single one right. Please play it with different jojo charactrs so that the site can be fixed

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i went in looking for pucci and it came up with gyro and doppio first lol

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It got Okuyasu after guessing some random Fairy Tail character but it got Valentine and Ringo right on the first try.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Those are easy mode

It can't get Yuya or Hayato for example.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

I decided to try a bunch of non-central jojo characters in akinator and it didn't get a single one right. Please play it with different jojo charactrs so that the site can be fixed

I could have sworn I got akinator to guess hol horse once but I tried to replicate my results and it gave me shalnark so there's that

e: I kept going after the first wrong guess and he got him with the second guess. Maybe Hol's not minor, really.

Akinator you freak it's Mikitaka

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 23, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Gave him 4 tries, couldn't get the turtle.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

This is actually a troll from g0m, who wants to make fun of us for loving around with manga characters in akinator on a friday night instead of going out on the town and getting crazy with Pokemon Go

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Akinator couldn't guess Risotto Nero, I even gave him multiple tries! A shame.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I tried Pucci on there before and he couldn't get it. I think the question which tripped him up was 'Is this character black?' Uh ... maybe?!?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I gave him three chances and he couldn't guess Polnareff, what a disgrace.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm onto Bohemian Rhapsody part 3.

I have no clue what's happening and can't wait to see how they explain whatever this Stand is. :psyduck:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dexie posted:

I'm onto Bohemian Rhapsody part 3.

I have no clue what's happening and can't wait to see how they explain whatever this Stand is. :psyduck:

Well, it ain't no Disney, that's for certain.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

no they will not posted:

Akinator is kind of hosed now because it got so popular. It has such a huge database of characters (including tons of random youtubers nobody's heard of) that it now has trouble finding the correct one, since there's bound to be a few characters that are fairly similar.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The ending to Bohemian Rhapsody feels super abrupt. :psyduck:

EDIT: OH poo poo ROMEO. Beat his rear end, Jolyne. :argh:

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

no they will not posted:

I tried it with Tama, before Stray Cat, and it guessed 4 other black cats from anime and even Killer Queen. So close.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dexie posted:

The ending to Bohemian Rhapsody feels super abrupt. :psyduck:

Florida Man saves world with OC, don't steal.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Florida Man saves world with OC, don't steal.

I love that fight ending with just Deus Ex Machina the Hedgehog.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm like that people are speculating as to whether Kira is the main villain in the OP or what the OP's mean, but it's frustrating to me to read stuff way off base when answers are already freely available. I don't get what's fun in trying to guess something you can actually find out.

If you have all this time to read into something, or post about whatever at length, you can totally knock out 2 chapters of the manga.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

yeah it's pretty weird how people like speculating on a mystery

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Key word being mystery, "anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown".

It's not exactly a secret, unexplained or unknown if you want it that way. Just weird. I mean, more power to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Personally I'm loving all the speculation in the thread and I'm actually kinda glad they didn't read the manga first in a way.