Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

everybody is on the trump train

the ones who don't realize that yet will just be in cattle cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i might
or might not

spray water on you

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Baloogan posted:

i might
or might not

spray water on you

not trump ice?

get this fuckin' waste out of here! get 'em out!

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
https://twitter.com/Alex_Roarty/status/756667574528638976

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

not trump ice?

get this fuckin' waste out of here! get 'em out!

GITTEM OUT

TAKE HIS CATTLE PROD

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gorka just said "red pill" on fox news

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

wooaahhh 2 whole bullet points??

their oppo file on him must be as tall as trump tower

They are convinced that Bernie supporters are going to line up en masse behind Trump aren't they?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lol the GOP is really coming out swinging on this, I see

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's possible that the old guard GOP see Kaine as a safe way to endorse someone that isn't world destroying like Trump, but also isn't career destroying like Clinton

I hadn't figured this would happen but it would certainly be mighty interesting if more endorsements roll in for him from people thinking along these lines

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Alter Ego posted:

They are convinced that Bernie supporters are going to line up en masse behind Trump aren't they?

I'm surprised that people are even of the mindset that bernie supporters are even going to vote.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
Is it normal to see so many (3? so at least a couple...) pseudo endorsements for the opposing party's vp pick?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

rawrr posted:

Is it normal to see so many (3? so at least a couple...) pseudo endorsements for the opposing party's vp pick?

no.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

It's possible that the old guard GOP see Kaine as a safe way to endorse someone that isn't world destroying like Trump, but also isn't career destroying like Clinton

I hadn't figured this would happen but it would certainly be mighty interesting if more endorsements roll in for him from people thinking along these lines

or they think it's the hug of death

either way, lol that the entire case against him so far is half-assed concern trolling

i didn't see this posted https://gop.com/meet-tim-kaine/ but seriously lol

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Constant Hamprince posted:

So basically Trump's only shot is to win OH, FL and PA.

Even if he does, it still might not be enough. In fact, if Clinton can take VA and NC, she can give up pretty much everything else and still win.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/NppEd

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

rawrr posted:

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2012/11/linda-mcmahon-turns-heel-and-sides-barack-obama/58746/

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

either way, lol that the entire case against him so far is half-assed concern trolling

This reads like "Kaine would be a pretty good Republican"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

quote:

Kaine Eliminated The Death Tax In Virginia

lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Powered Descent posted:

Even if he does, it still might not be enough. In fact, if Clinton can take VA and NC, she can give up pretty much everything else and still win.

typically a map where the D wins NC, VA but not PA, OH, FL, Iowa, or NH would be unthinkable.

But while unlikely, its not impossible this year.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Naw, there's an effective blueprint for sarcastic attack endorsements like that, and it's always to highlight controversial or dumb acts from the candidate's past. That's not what's going on here.

Also jfc that link, the GOP are 100% full bore convinced that the way to defeat Clinton is to appeal to Bernie's support base. Don't they realize that 99% of that base moved on months ago, the remainders are going to vote Green before GOP, and Bernie himself will be mocking them the entire time they try to execute this?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Powered Descent posted:

VA seems like a lock, but hard to imagine her getting NC and not most other swing states.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Xandu posted:

VA seems like a lock, but hard to imagine her getting NC and not most other swing states.

Absolutely, but NC is relatively well educated and has a very high african american population. It's really unlikely, but possible depending on how things break out.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Naw, there's an effective blueprint for sarcastic attack endorsements like that, and it's always to highlight controversial or dumb acts from the candidate's past. That's not what's going on here.

Also jfc that link, the GOP are 100% full bore convinced that the way to defeat Clinton is to appeal to Bernie's support base. Don't they realize that 99% of that base moved on months ago, the remainders are going to vote Green before GOP, and Bernie himself will be mocking them the entire time they try to execute this?

La la la I can't hear you, yooge, bigly, something something Make America Great Again*

*official Trump campaign response

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

Not sure if Virginia and North Carolina are enough of a southern split to win.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Im glad someone liked it :)

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

so i may be crazy, but i read their highlight of kaine's personal pro-life views, while promising to keep politics out of the issue and focus on ways to reduce abortions through education/access to healthcare for women rather than restrictions on abortion

does anyone else think that might just help appeal to more republicans who are likely voters vs pissing off progressives?

i mean personally i'm very pro-choice, but he talks mostly about partial birth abortions and enforcing current laws rather than some crusade about overturning roe v wade, he has religious views but he keeps them out of his politics better than most in the GOP, not sure why it's supposed to make me less likely to vote for hillary

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
How exactly are the Republicans going to win FL this year. All the Hispanics (which turned out huge for Hillary in the primaries) stay home?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Slate Action posted:

How exactly are the Republicans going to win FL this year. All the Hispanics (which turned out huge for Hillary in the primaries) stay home?

big hurricane on the east coast on election day

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Slate Action posted:

Don't worry. Hispanics are just one Trump taco bowl photo-op away from swinging in his favor.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Slate Action posted:

Obama barely won FL in 2012 and 538 has it as a complete toss-up. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/florida/

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Slate Action posted:

That's basically the follow up, there aren't enough white people in old white people [lmao] in Florida if Hillary wins african americans 95-5 and latinos 85-15 [or more]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Slate Action posted:

Florida went .6% for Obama in 2012 with him winning the popular vote by 4%. If demographic turnout figures remain similar and Trump is polling closer to Clinton on election day, then he's more likely to take FL than most of the other swing states. Losing FL in any way means you're totally hosed as a Republican.

Confidently Queer
Apr 14, 2003

i am the luckiest shitheap in fyad.

Constant Hamprince posted:

So basically Trump's only shot is to win OH, FL and PA.

Or win OH, FL, and NV

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

everybody is on the trump train

the ones who don't realize that yet will just be in cattle cars
The trump train is the Snowpiercer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tTm2cyfmDU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Your party's VP pick supported some of the lovely things we do, so you should just give in and vote for the guy that will double down on all of them and also everything else you hate

seems logical

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

That's basically the follow up, there aren't enough white people in old white people [lmao] in Florida if Hillary wins african americans 95-5 and latinos 85-15 [or more]

we're also going to learn how much investing in a sophisticated field operation is going to mean when only one side does it

you would think it would matter with old people moreso than other groups just because of the logistics of physically getting them to the polls but idk

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

Your party's VP pick supported some of the lovely things we do, so you should just give in and vote for the guy that will double down on all of them and also everything else you hate

seems logical

Actually it's more like "Don't you hate Hillary Clinton? Don't you wanna stick it to her? Vote Trump out of spite!"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

EventHorizon posted:

Or win OH, FL, and NV

That gives him only 259 EVs without PA. He'd have to also win two of Iowa, Colorado and NH OR Virginia.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Here's Trump's Florida HQ 12 days ago:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Actually it's more like "Don't you hate Hillary Clinton? Don't you wanna stick it to her? Vote Trump out of spite!"

actually actually it's more like "when you get right down to it both parties are more or less the same so please do yourself a favor and stay home instead of voting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/756681961809272832

• Locked thread