Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

we're also going to learn how much investing in a sophisticated field operation is going to mean when only one side does it

you would think it would matter with old people moreso than other groups just because of the logistics of physically getting them to the polls but idk

yep. who knows what that is going to mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

nate is gonna lose all of his hair by the end of this election

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

Actually it's more like "Don't you hate Hillary Clinton? Don't you wanna stick it to her? Vote Trump out of spite!"

drat you're right and that will definitely work a lot better re: Bernouts

wonder how it feels to be the PUMAs of 2016

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

mannerup posted:

nate is gonna lose all of his hair by the end of this election

it's gonna be super lol if it's not close and nate ends up completely eating poo poo again

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Nate doesn't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to predicting Trump's chances.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Samuel Clemens posted:

Nate doesn't exactly have a stellar track record when it comes to predicting Trump's chances.

this time he is strictly using poll data to make his conclusions though

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

TRUMP!

also 538 is dumb

TRUMP!

you guys should be pissing in ur liberal pantsuits

we're so close to TRUMP

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hell i'm just impressed the gop is together enough to put out even just one webpage about kaine

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i've been having fun making 269-269 maps. it's 'nice'

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

40%

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Zas posted:

i've been having fun making 269-269 maps. it's 'nice'

:justpost:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
FORTY PERCENT

40%%%%%

40 TRUMP PENSE!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm with the Natedawg on this one. Some people already seem to be writing off this election in defiance of all polling data that shows a very close vote at this moment in time.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
when trump becomes president we will be able to say

again

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its 58.7% - 41.3% currently!

odds on Nate just hedging his bets so he can claim he was kinda-right this time no matter who wins are good though?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Baloogan posted:

when trump becomes president we will be able to say cuck again

hell folks have been saying that in this thread for months now

edit: boom, pre-edit snypa

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
cuck!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Nate's right. Anyone smug about a 4% poll lead is not.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

my bony fealty posted:

its 58.7% - 41.3% currently!

odds on Nate just hedging his bets so he can claim he was kinda-right this time no matter who wins are good though?

National polls are very close.

State polls are a little less close, but not comfortable.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck uckc cuihocuoi sdjmfojsudfdijckmsd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ok here are some listed by the name of the state that fucks up somehow. lots of iowa

http://www.270towin.com/maps/njjxd nh and nevada and iowa
http://www.270towin.com/maps/4llxg virginia and iowa
http://www.270towin.com/maps/w11nD wisconsin and iowa (trumpist fantasy)

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

I certainly wouldn't want to be known as the guy who underestimated Trump twice.

Also, close race narratives probably attract more views.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

exquisite tea posted:

I'm with the Natedawg on this one. Some people already seem to be writing off this election in defiance of all polling data that shows a very close vote at this moment in time.

This is also one day removed from the RNC. I'm sure this time next week we'll have people here extolling "HILLARY'S LEAD IS INSURMOUNTABLE, LOOK AT 538 NOW!"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

iospace posted:

This is also one day removed from the RNC. I'm sure this time next week we'll have people here extolling "HILLARY'S LEAD IS INSURMOUNTABLE, LOOK AT 538 NOW!"

God willing.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zas posted:

ok here are some listed by the name of the state that fucks up somehow. lots of iowa

http://www.270towin.com/maps/njjxd nh and nevada and iowa
http://www.270towin.com/maps/4llxg virginia and iowa
http://www.270towin.com/maps/w11nD wisconsin and iowa (trumpist fantasy)

I had a really interesting one with Maine CD-2 but i can't find it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Nate Silver awakens in a dark motel room.

Beer cans strewn across the floor glint under the sunlight through the curtains, drawn. He rolls over, digging his phone out from the ashtray on the side table. The date is November 9th, 2016. His head is pounding.

Unlocking his phone, he notices he has over 10,000 twitter notifications. Instantly, he vomits onto a pile of empty whiskey bottles and losing scratch-off tickets. Trembling, he checks CNN:

"Clinton Wins In Historical, Landslide Vote"

Nate sits for a moment, still, as if suspended in a tub of Vaseline. He falls back onto the bed.

"Stumped... stumped.... stumped...." he closes his eyes, never to open them.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
God help us all

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/756679243870920704

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

iospace posted:

Trump has gained ground on Clinton well before the conventions began. The problem is that we have a lack of consistent state-level polling this year to give us some perspective on the national picture.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donald Trump's #1 Issue:

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I know I shouldn't be greedy with the way this magical election has been going for me for the past 12 months+

But please God. Please let the election result in a 269-269 electoral tie. Preferably with Trump losing the popular vote.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The ultimate Nothing Matters test will be to see if Trump's near-total lack of a campaign apparatus and turnout machine affects him negatively on election day.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Boosted_C5 posted:

I know I shouldn't be greedy with the way this magical election has been going for me for the past 12 months+

But please God. Please let the election result in a 269-269 electoral tie. Preferably with Trump losing the popular vote.
The Maximum Chaos Scenario.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Donald Trump's #1 Issue:

this is def an issue i would love for trump to expound upon, frequently and angrily

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Slate Action posted:

The ultimate Nothing Matters test will be to see if Trump's near-total lack of a campaign apparatus and turnout machine affects him negatively on election day.

just as a reminder he never really significantly underperformed his polling anywhere

on the other hand, cruz wildly overperformed in several states where he had a campaign apparatus

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol thank god someone competent will hear the state of the world

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

Nate's right. Anyone smug about a 4% poll lead is not.

What if i just have a fixed, rictus-like grin that looks smug from a distance

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Mitt Romney posted:

this time he is strictly using poll data to make his conclusions though

Yeah, unless state-by-state polling completely goes to poo poo his predictions for the general should be fine. The problem is this election cycle Nate tried to be a pundit and talk about the election outcomes way before there was reliable polling, something he has admitted himself.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
And I don't mean by a little bit Bush-Gore style.

I'm talking let Hillary run up a national lead of millions of votes, blowing Trump out in places like California and New Mexico, shrinking his lead to razor thin in Texas and Arizona.

Let Trump not only win by being selected by the GOP congress with an electoral tie, let him not only win despite losing the popular vote, but let him win Lord in this scenario by getting pushed over the top in a few key states by us EVIL. WHITE. MALES.

Oh God, the tears, the hysterics, the shrieking, the cries of RAYSISM, the pure, white-hot, RAGE.

I want it to wash over me as Big Don shrugs his shoulders and flashes his poo poo-eating grin to the lamentations of the crybaby social justice crusader masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

make your own it's fun and not that hard

here are some of mine
http://www.270towin.com/maps/njjxd
http://www.270towin.com/maps/4llxg
http://www.270towin.com/maps/w11nD

• Locked thread