Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It's scary to imagine how a well a competently run Trump campaign would be doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mad respect, Boosted. I knew about spite being the driving force behind Republican voters, but I've never met anyone who admitted it so openly.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Same

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's scary to imagine how a well a competently run Trump campaign would be doing.

A competently run Trump campaign would be an entirely different campaign and candidate.

But yeah, win or lose Trump has demonstrated that our democracy is much more fragile than any of us had thought.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Here's my predicted probability of Jeb! being a BIG FAT MESS: 100%

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also kanye is such a cuck hilarious that the dems are running a total cuck ticket

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
If I were Hillary Clinton, I'd want the polls to show a close race heading into Election Day. A large portion of her votes are coming from those who are going to hold their nose and vote against Trump, and you wouldn't want to give any of them the impression that you are comfortably in the lead and that they can stay home because you have it in the bag. You want people sweating and thinking " I can't believe I'm going to have to go and vote Hillary".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Atrocious Joe posted:

They probably wouldn't have disposed of the dog whistles, for one. Doing so was initially seen as incompetence, but it's what got him where he is now. People are tired of them, and voted for the man who said what they wanted without beating around the bush.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's been roughly a million posts since I was following this thread closely, so (1)did anyone ever figure out if that ghostwriter that took the fall for the Melania speech was a real person, and (2)did Vile get probated for a month again?

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

just as a reminder he never really significantly underperformed his polling anywhere

on the other hand, cruz wildly overperformed in several states where he had a campaign apparatus

except SC. Cruz went nuts there with money and ground game.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wolfsheim posted:

It's been roughly a million posts since I was following this thread closely, so (1)did anyone ever figure out if that ghostwriter that took the fall for the Melania speech was a real person, and (2)did Vile get probated for a month again?

1. Undetermined from what I saw, but personally I lean "Real". 2. he got a week off.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

iospace posted:

They probably wouldn't have disposed of the dog whistles, for one. Doing so was initially seen as incompetence, but it's what got him where he is now. People are tired of them, and voted for the man who said what they wanted without beating around the bush.

True, he didn't beat around the Bush he beat the everloving poo poo out of him, poor Jeb!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wolfsheim posted:

vile was posting about how hes doing a gimmick?

if true thats lame as poo poo

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Zas posted:

make your own it's fun and not that hard

This one. This one right here.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/DAAzn

A man can dream . . . .

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

its success is actually showing that the GOP hosed up big time, because any other non-Carson GOP candidate would have favorable odds at this point

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

TyrantWD posted:

" I can't believe I'm going to have to go and vote Hillary".

Harder to fit on a button than "I'm With Her," but probably more honest.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

And I don't mean by a little bit Bush-Gore style.

I'm talking let Hillary run up a national lead of millions of votes, blowing Trump out in places like California and New Mexico, shrinking his lead to razor thin in Texas and Arizona.

Let Trump not only win by being selected by the GOP congress with an electoral tie, let him not only win despite losing the popular vote, but let him win Lord in this scenario by getting pushed over the top in a few key states by us EVIL. WHITE. MALES.

Oh God, the tears, the hysterics, the shrieking, the cries of RAYSISM, the pure, white-hot, RAGE.

I want it to wash over me as Big Don shrugs his shoulders and flashes his poo poo-eating grin to the lamentations of the crybaby social justice crusader masses.

u r kind of a weird dude

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

If only.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TyrantWD posted:

If I were Hillary Clinton, I'd want the polls to show a close race heading into Election Day. A large portion of her votes are coming from those who are going to hold their nose and vote against Trump, and you wouldn't want to give any of them the impression that you are comfortably in the lead and that they can stay home because you have it in the bag. You want people sweating and thinking " I can't believe I'm going to have to go and vote Hillary".

I'm not Hillary Clinton but I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark here and say she'd love to be up 10 right now instead of neck and neck with an orange clown man who is barely running a campaign.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Mitt Romney posted:

It was all talk Cruz had jack poo poo ground game here.

I'm in exactly the kind of county he needed to win and exactly the kind of county he ran up huge leads in in Iowa.

He had some show infrastructure in a few big towns, but nothing like his Iowa campaign.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/756691116464959488

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Baloogan posted:

vile was posting about how hes doing a gimmick?

if true thats lame as poo poo

yeah he said it's just some FYAD trolling or whatever

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

The Evangelicuck true believers have more influence in Iowa than anywhere else, so it's no big surprise that Cruz did so well there, they also have an average voter age of like 70.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

exquisite tea posted:

I'm not Hillary Clinton but I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark here and say she'd love to be up 10 right now instead of neck and neck with an orange clown man who is barely running a campaign.

Thing is, I think this might be the race where national polls are thrown out the window. Everyone likes to use them as (pardon the pun) a trump card for showing how good a candidate is doing or not, but the battleground state polls are going to be key here.

Though isn't that what 538 does, or am I wrong here?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

If this is the election that mainstreams the alt-right /pol/ wing of the GOP, wtf happens to the existing coalition? Satisfying the business wing, the evangelicals, and /pol/ seems like a "pick two" situation.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah he said it's just some FYAD trolling or whatever

thats so dumb...

for the record im not doing a 'gimmick' or anything like that this is just how i discuss politics in a serious manner

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

This will be fine. I'm sure Trump's first instinct won't be to figure out how he can personally profit from the information.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The same Bob M that tried to hide those gifts and proceeded to do favors for the gift-giver, unlike Kaine? Probably

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

From what I recall Bill Clinton was warning the campaign in the spring that the race would be very close, hence why they took the track of demonizing Trump as a misogynist, racist and ravenous threat to democracy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Squizzle posted:

If this is the election that mainstreams the alt-right /pol/ wing of the GOP, wtf happens to the existing coalition? Satisfying the business wing, the evangelicals, and /pol/ seems like a "pick two" situation.

How so? Which wing got neglected this year by the GOP? Evangelicals got the conversion therapy legalization in the platform, plus they now have a candidate who wants the Johnson Amendment gone. /pol/, other alt-right, and the bigotry wing gets their wall, hate on Muslims, and pro-police stuff. Big biz seems to have gotten what they want, too, except now it seems "big coal" instead of "big oil".

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mitt Romney posted:

Kentucky, Virginia, Louisiana, etc.

Trump always hit his polling marks, but he never really overperformed except maybe in Nevada.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The same Bob M that tried to hide those gifts and proceeded to do favors for the gift-giver, unlike Kaine? Probably

details and nuance are for idiots and losers

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Why doesn't anybody discuss the elephant in the room that is trump's hair?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Wikkheiser posted:

From what I recall Bill Clinton was warning the campaign in the spring that the race would be very close, hence why they took the track of demonizing Trump as a misogynist, racist and ravenous threat to democracy.

The Clinton campaign, to their credit, has always seemed to think that this will be a close race. There were always surrogates saying that Bill thought that Trump had an excellent pulse on things and would be very dangerous in a general.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Boosted_C5 posted:

And I don't mean by a little bit Bush-Gore style.

I'm talking let Hillary run up a national lead of millions of votes, blowing Trump out in places like California and New Mexico, shrinking his lead to razor thin in Texas and Arizona.

Let Trump not only win by being selected by the GOP congress with an electoral tie, let him not only win despite losing the popular vote, but let him win Lord in this scenario by getting pushed over the top in a few key states by us EVIL. WHITE. MALES.

Oh God, the tears, the hysterics, the shrieking, the cries of RAYSISM, the pure, white-hot, RAGE.

I want it to wash over me as Big Don shrugs his shoulders and flashes his poo poo-eating grin to the lamentations of the crybaby social justice crusader masses.
You need to get laid.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the /pol/ wing is still ecstatic
also can't wait for the next 'CANT STUMP THE TRUMP' episode

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why doesn't anybody discuss the elephant in the room that is trump's hair?

Gawker did. Then Peter Theil's lawyer sent them a threatening letter.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

First, U.S. president Ronald Reagan struggled with colon polyps and cancer throughout his presidency. In 1985, he underwent a colonoscopy and colectomy during which he transferred power over to the vice president temporarily. A follow-up colonoscopy and polyp removal in 1987 were even more widely publicized.

what would trump's version of this be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Trump underperformed in Kansas though. Like by a lot.

• Locked thread