Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I don't give a poo poo about campaigns or story. I just want a fun, balanced game with unique armies and cool abilities. And cool models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Warhammer 40k: Please remember that salt is required for this.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

I don't give a poo poo about campaigns or story. I just want a fun, balanced game with unique armies and cool abilities. And cool models.
Have you heard about Dropzone Commander? And though the aesthetics aren't for me, Warmachine/Hordes is/are supposed to be pretty good.

Comedy option: 30k :getin: (don't do this)

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Oh good we're moving the story forward.

1 minute 15 seconds to midnight
1 minute 5 seconds to midnight

Gosh I hope the Emperor is still sitting on the Golden Throne and all the space marines are okay

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

War in the Webway sounds good, actually.

Come at me.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

MrSlam posted:

Oh good we're moving the story forward.

1 minute 15 seconds to midnight
1 minute 5 seconds to midnight

Gosh I hope the Emperor is still sitting on the Golden Throne and all the space marines are okay

Canis Wolfborn is dead.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
I could get behind Demon Prince Primarchs.... if all the good Primarchs weren't dead!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

RUSS LIVES!

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

DJ Dizzy posted:

RUSS LIVES!

I stand by my comment.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Lion isn't dead, he's just taking a short nap.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Safety Factor posted:

The Lion isn't dead, he's just taking a short nap.

It's going to be silly when that paranoid maniac wakes up.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
The answer is plastic Primarch models ported straight from 30K. No explanation necessary. Alive or dead Doesn't matter.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Guilliman is going to go into a fit of monumental rage when he sees what the imperium has turned to.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

DJ Dizzy posted:

Guilliman is going to go into a fit of monumental rage when he sees what the imperium has turned to.

Counterpoint: Fulgrim did the job right the first time and the Ultras have been spending the last 10k years worshipping a statue and refusing to face facts.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well.... Alpharius did kill Guilliman... so....

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

DJ Dizzy posted:

Well.... Alpharius did kill Guilliman... so....

That happened the other way around. He supposedly killed Alpharius and then was given a new smile hole by demon prince Fulgrim using what looked like the same blade that was used to poison/corrupt Horus.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Has Games Workshop ever had an edition where Imperium wasn't the focal point of the story?

I honestly can't imagine them releasing that much content that over half of players wouldn't use. Not saying it would be bad, just that this seems pretty much impossible to me.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

koreban posted:

That happened the other way around. He supposedly killed Alpharius and then was given a new smile hole by demon prince Fulgrim using what looked like the same blade that was used to poison/corrupt Horus.

No. You got it all wrong. Alpharius killed Guilliman and then took his place.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

DJ Dizzy posted:

No. You got it all wrong. Alpharius killed Guilliman and then took his place.

Just so he could be a theme park statue on Macragge? Not likely.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It's not like he can sense time locked in that box anyway.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Knowing FW Guilliman probably actually killed Omegon.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Eagerly looking forward to Ghazkull becoming the Incarnate of Beasts

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Anrakyr suddenly remembers that Sanguinius stole one of his spoons and shanks Mephiston in the back just as they're about to seal away Chaos forever. Tigurius tries to take control but is obliterated by an overload of magical psychic energy. Abaddon lunges out of the vortex Eye and grabs Cypher and both of them disappear into the darkness wrestling over the Lion Sword. Celestine nearly gets crushed by falling rocks but is saved at the last moment by Anrakyr who remembers he used to kinda maybe like her at one point and dies. She then holds Slicius' hand as Chaos consumes the world galaxy.

E: or Trazyn instead idk

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 23, 2016

Endman
May 18, 2010

I want to start a small Eldar force because that fantastic Chris Foss-esque colourful sci-fi aesthetic really gets my painter juices flowing.

Is the Start Collecting box a decent place to begin? The bikes are cool, and the individual cost of the models compared to the box makes it seem like decent value.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Magnus and Arhiman need to hug and make up.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

They already did, in a Tzeentchian way.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Endman posted:

I want to start a small Eldar force because that fantastic Chris Foss-esque colourful sci-fi aesthetic really gets my painter juices flowing.

Is the Start Collecting box a decent place to begin? The bikes are cool, and the individual cost of the models compared to the box makes it seem like decent value.

I like the Eldar start collecting box. Bikes and Farseers are both really good and you do save $20 or so.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Not gonna lie, as a long-time fan of Ahriman and his Raiders of the Lost Black Library story I think those campaigns would be both interesting and a good angle to focus on. Gives some love to Chaos, Eldar and Dark Eldar while the Octavius campaign gives Orks and Tyranids somewhere to focus and then the whole thing could get staged for the 13th Crusade for full Imperial inclusion and endless battles, etc.

If Games Workshop were smart they could set up little online maps for campaigns and allow LGSs and their own stores to report which registered team faction won their games for the week and update the maps accordingly on the site. Not for any high stakes, but for bragging rights as the map would continue to update over the weeks. It would get people into stores regularly for games and drum up interest/business.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

PierreTheMime posted:

If Games Workshop were smart they could set up little online maps for campaigns and allow LGSs and their own stores to report which registered team faction won their games for the week and update the maps accordingly on the site. Not for any high stakes, but for bragging rights as the map would continue to update over the weeks. It would get people into stores regularly for games and drum up interest/business.

I hope they do this and it backfires on them (i.e., Chaos wins) like it did last time.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PierreTheMime posted:

Not gonna lie, as a long-time fan of Ahriman and his Raiders of the Lost Black Library story I think those campaigns would be both interesting and a good angle to focus on. Gives some love to Chaos, Eldar and Dark Eldar while the Octavius campaign gives Orks and Tyranids somewhere to focus and then the whole thing could get staged for the 13th Crusade for full Imperial inclusion and endless battles, etc.

Their global campaign for AoS they're doing right now is probably a dry run for a 40k one to see if it works. I have no clue if any of those rumors will pan out (anonymous on Faeit makes me think it won't) but I think it could be pretty exciting.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Those rumors are way too detailed about far future stuff to be anything but made up. It reads like one of those fake video game wikis.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Oh they're from Faeit so there's a solid 80/20 chance they're not real, I'm just saying it would be fun. Faeit quotes us for rumors for God-Emperor's sake.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
To be fair though a lot of that has turned out to be right so far.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Thundercloud posted:

To be fair though a lot of that has turned out to be right so far.

The clamshell Eldrad print does add some potential, yeah.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Endman posted:

War in the Webway sounds good, actually.

Come at me.

I'm right there with you dude.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Nah, Magnus and Ahriman fighting is fun stuff. And all the 1k sons get to do anymore.

This webway war should end with Ahriman finding the Black Library only to get smoked by Magnus right before he gets to enter.

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah, this sounds good to me.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

This webway war should end with Ahriman finding the Black Library only to get smoked by Magnus right before he gets to enter.

Nah the Eldar already did that first.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PierreTheMime posted:

That's pretty typical of a bogus rumor though. They say their source leaked a thing to them that's already been seen by the greater community and it makes them seem more legit as a result of it.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

PierreTheMime posted:

I was talking about the stuff I posted.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Cool with you if I take this and sort-of-ish modify it for 30k?

Fire away, dude--I only ask that if you modify it, specify what you've added/changed in the opening portion of the doc so users can distinguish.

I'd also be OK to exchange some ideas and hear what you're going to do; I wouldn't mind just adding a separate "DO THIS FOR 30K" section onto the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
There's just no way GW is competent enough to write good slash function, let alone make everyone happy with the results.

• Locked thread