Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

gently caress this show rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

After I watched the trailer I closed my eyes and when I opened them it still wasn't October yet. What the hell?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo, it looks like it might even be better than the first season. And I really liked the first season.

If you had told me ten years ago we'd be getting such an awesome TV Series out of Evil Dead with the original actors I'd laughed. Plus, I totally gave up on ever seeing another movie even before the reboot, then the reboot came along and I was like "That's it then," except for the stinger and talk of some universe crossover stuff that sounded impossible.

Then we got this and even Campbell's age works perfectly to the point I'm actively glad we didn't get a 4th movie years ago. It's about as perfect a way to revisit the franchise as you can get. gently caress reboots, this is the way to do it something with an IP decades later, Hollywood.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Then we got this and even Campbell's age works perfectly to the point I'm actively glad we didn't get a 4th movie years ago. It's about as perfect a way to revisit the franchise as you can get. gently caress reboots, this is the way to do it something with an IP decades later, Hollywood.

But imagine how much more money they would have made if they had just made a generic comedy with Evil Dead props :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh my god Ace of Spades and Evil Dead and hot chicks getting shotgunned and duders getting their faces ripped off by wheels and why can't it be October yet

I remember when I was little and my mom made me turn off Evil Dead 2. LOOK AT ME NOW MOM

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Can't wait for the Lee Majors and Bruce scenes, talk about spicy man meat. Would be cool if they take down a Deadite together. Maybe they bring back Cheryl to get slaughtered... again... family reunion Evil Dead style.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Puppet Ash:allears:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh man, they turned the dagger into a bayonet for the sawed off. :allears:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I can't wait to see what the deal with the puppet is. God this looks as stupidly awesome as the first season.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The first S2 trailer didn't do anything for me but Jesus Christ that new one is amazing. I need this show back in my life.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Ash lending a helping hand to Conan http://teamcoco.com/comiccon/bruce-campbell-evil-dead-sandwich-cut

:downsrim:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Then we got this and even Campbell's age works perfectly to the point I'm actively glad we didn't get a 4th movie years ago.

I dunno man, I think this series might still exist and rule even if we got that post-apocalypse movie. They're already forced to ignore Army of Darkness...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bruce and Lucy playing off each other is always gold, and this trailer gives me no reason to think that's changing. (I also love the story from Bruce's book about her trolling him at a signing by dressing up like a chain smoking over-the-hill groupie)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Lurdiak posted:

They're already forced to ignore Army of Darkness...

I thought I saw Ash's science books in the trunk in the trailer, but it was actually his copy of A Farewell to Arms.

This is so, so good.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don't worry recreating Army of Darkness in the Wild West is the 3rd season.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Someone mentioned re-animator watching the trailer and now I truly do not know why Jeffery Combs has never been in anything Evil Dead related before.

So yeah, my dream casting doesn't have it's sights high: I just want that guy to make a recurring appearance for a season. Villain, ally, victim.. it should happen.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Someone mentioned re-animator watching the trailer and now I truly do not know why Jeffery Combs has never been in anything Evil Dead related before.

I've been saying for years that it's odd Combs and Campbell have never been in anything together.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

Why does Julius Carry III have to be dead? :(

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Ownager posted:

So yeah, my dream casting doesn't have it's sights high: I just want that guy to make a recurring appearance for a season. Villain, ally, victim.. it should happen.

They did a crossover comic book, but it just wasn't quite the same.

Astroman posted:

Why does Julius Carry III have to be dead? :(

Yeah seriously. He was so great on Brisco.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/07/22/comic-con-2016-ash-vs-evil-dead-will-reference-army-of-darkness-in-season-2

Rights issues have been ironed out, Army of Darkness is canon now in the show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That is exciting!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Groovy news! Maybe we'll get another "Hail to the king, baby" in the mix.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress. Yes.

It's so good they sorted that out.

I really, really look forward to Bruce Campbell telling his traveling companions about his time traveling adventures, preferrably while high off his rear end so they don't believe him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Bruce and Lucy playing off each other is always gold, and this trailer gives me no reason to think that's changing. (I also love the story from Bruce's book about her trolling him at a signing by dressing up like a chain smoking over-the-hill groupie)

Bruce Campbell's life in general seems like an endless series of pranks orchestrated by his friends.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Oh, mygod.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spookygonk posted:

Oh, mygod.

It's kind of hilarious such a minor thing feels like such a huge thing, but it really does. It's absence was more heavily felt than I even realized.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Invalid Validation posted:

Tie the Evil Dead and Brisco County Jr universes together :swoon:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This is the best news I've heard in 10 years.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

It's that time of year, sign up and get your swag. http://www.ash4president.com/ Hope i get the other half of the pencil from last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8d68o175M
:patriot:

bathhouse fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 25, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

bathhouse posted:

It's that time of year, sign up and get your swag. http://www.ash4president.com/ Hope i get the other half of the pencil from last season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8d68o175M
:patriot:

It's that last blood spatter that gets to me. :v:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just binged watched the whole thing, and it was amazing. I was especially impressed by [strike]Pedro[/strike]Pablo and Kelly. Those two could have so easily become annoying, but they did such a fine job balancing them about so they fit in perfectly.

Think my favorite gag had to be Ash's fight with his evil self.

Evil Ash: "We're exactly the same, you and I."
Ash: "Then that means you have my trick knee!"
*whacks him with a crowbar.*
Evil Ash: "Agh! My trick knee!"

Heh, that's a rather Sam Axe-ish Hawaiian shirt Ash is wearing.

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Just binged watched the whole thing, and it was amazing. I was especially impressed by [strike]Pedro[/strike]Pablo and Kelly. Those two could have so easily become annoying, but they did such a fine job balancing them about so they fit in perfectly.

Think my favorite gag had to be Ash's fight with his evil self.

Evil Ash: "We're exactly the same, you and I."
Ash: "Then that means you have my trick knee!"
*whacks him with a crowbar.*
Evil Ash: "Agh! My trick knee!"

Heh, that's a rather Sam Axe-ish Hawaiian shirt Ash is wearing.

Well, he is in Florida...

Also I didn't notice it the first time I saw the trailer, but I think we're gonna meet Ash's dad. The older dude on the mechanical bull.

Either that or Future Ash.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yes, it's been in the press and so forth for a while on that and who the actor is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's kind of hilarious such a minor thing feels like such a huge thing, but it really does. It's absence was more heavily felt than I even realized.

That movie has S-mart, time travel, skeletons, and Hail to the King, Baby. It's not an insignificant part of the universe.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Hate to be a downer, but they've since backed off on any claims that Army of Darkness will be mentioned.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I am sad.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
No biggie, just mention The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

bathhouse posted:

So I signed up for that, promptly forgot about it, and lo and behold, this showed up today:

http://imgur.com/a/PXRap

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bruteman posted:

So I signed up for that, promptly forgot about it, and lo and behold, this showed up today:

http://imgur.com/a/PXRap

I'm genuinely the most jealous right now I may have ever been in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What does the bottle opener pen do? Besides the obvious. Looks like one of those bottle openers that plays a little song or something when you open something.

• Locked thread