Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

Retail actually, I was surprised. $225 US, free shipping.

I'm used to paying a bit of a premium from Hong Kong though. I'm impatient, and it takes even longer to get here in Canada than the US.

Hell of a score. I'm impatient as well, but I don't want to pay too much extra.

Side note; I should have Finn/Riot Trooper in my hands shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rage posted:

Direct from China? Sideshow pushed my order back to like, Sept-Oct so that gives me hope if she's out in HK already.

Hong Kong, yeah.

I ordered it on the weekend and it arrived yesterday, so that's really quick too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

Hong Kong, yeah.

I ordered it on the weekend and it arrived yesterday, so that's really quick too.

Who was the seller?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/toys4kidults?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

Looks like they vary. Their Finn is marked up $30, Phasma about $10, while the Snowtrooper is $5 below retail and Pepper Potts $40 below.

I think I got lucky with the timing. They have Rey up for $390 now. That figure must be popular.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I would like to have Rey now, but not that badly. drat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is anything about the Riot Trooper's outfit different? Or is it just the shield and baton?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Is anything about the Riot Trooper's outfit different? Or is it just the shield and baton?

I believe it's just the accessories. I haven't examined it side by side with my standard trooper.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh, turns out the third figure on the Kenner Alien wave is a Queen Facehugger

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/756678408168353792

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh cool they added little electrical crackle things to the baton! I remember bitching cause there weren't any in the product pics on the site.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh, turns out the third figure on the Kenner Alien wave is a Queen Facehugger

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/756678408168353792

I loved the Queen Facehugger toy as a kid because it would fit on my face. Also because its tail was a retractable grappling hook.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Now I just need an O'Malley and I can have full on Nostalgia.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rirse posted:

How they look with a Black figure? Wouldn't mind getting the R5-D4 one, since he probably not getting a new figure for a while. That or he probably have a pointless missile launcher again.
Full review - http://thefwoosh.com/2015/04/bandai-star-wars-r2-d2-and-r5-d4-112-scale-model-kit-review

Model Kit on the Left, Black Series Luke, Black Series R2 on the right

I would have this but I have the BS R2D2 and he's fine for me. I have model kit Vader and model kit 3PO. The model kits are fully articulated, well, as articulated as 3PO should be, they're perfectly in scale with the Black Series and they look amazing.

If there are negatives with the model kits, it's two things.
1. They're hollow plastic, so they're light as poo poo and feel cheap, but they can still be moved and posed without breaking. If you're posing and displaying they're fine, if you're getting them for a child to play with they will likely break.

2. They come with super small decal stickers for the detailing and those are a biiiiiiiiitch to apply accurately. I managed to get a few on 3PO and then just painted the rest of the detail with a small brush. Did the same thing with Vader's chest piece.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 23, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShimSham posted:

Full review - http://thefwoosh.com/2015/04/bandai-star-wars-r2-d2-and-r5-d4-112-scale-model-kit-review

Model Kit on the Left, Black Series Luke, Black Series R2 on the right

Guess I have to get the model kit.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
The 3PO Model kit is really good too. Here's a picture from my shelf of him (slightly elevated) standing next to Black Series figures. Note: that's BS R2D2.

As I said before though, he's probably the most difficult of the bunch to put together, based on my own experience and from what I've read from others who have done more of them. It's not bad but it required some patience and a little finagling with my sausage fingers to get it all right. But I'm next to positive the black series offering of 3PO won't have the shiny plastic that the model kit does.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ShimSham posted:

The 3PO Model kit is really good too. Here's a picture from my shelf of him (slightly elevated) standing next to Black Series figures. Note: that's BS R2D2.

As I said before though, he's probably the most difficult of the bunch to put together, based on my own experience and from what I've read from others who have done more of them. It's not bad but it required some patience and a little finagling with my sausage fingers to get it all right. But I'm next to positive the black series offering of 3PO won't have the shiny plastic that the model kit does.

Is Obi-Wan's robe custom or from another figure?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CelticPredator posted:

Now I just need an O'Malley and I can have full on Nostalgia.

https://twitter.com/godzillapool/status/756678181323616256

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/756678553144430592

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is Obi-Wan's robe custom or from another figure?

Rickhor on ebay

That's the only one I've ever ordered from him, but it's solid and I'm overall pleased with it. Only downside is the product ships from Malaysia so it takes a while to get to the States.

He's got a lot of other cloth items for Legends and BS figures, but that particular cloak isn't available at this time. I would check back regularly though or message him on ebay because sometimes he's just temporarily out of stock of a particular cloak but restocks a week or so later.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

ShimSham posted:

Rickhor on ebay

That's the only one I've ever ordered from him, but it's solid and I'm overall pleased with it. Only downside is the product ships from Malaysia so it takes a while to get to the States.

He's got a lot of other cloth items for Legends and BS figures, but that particular cloak isn't available at this time. I would check back regularly though or message him on ebay because sometimes he's just temporarily out of stock of a particular cloak but restocks a week or so later.

Nice. I saw the light blue cape for Taskmaster and ordered it, plus a white one to see if it looks better on him even though the inner color wouldnt be right obviously.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Spider-Man wave arrived today. I am impressed.

Click for huge

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Joe Fisto posted:

Click for huge

Do Electro's hands come out? I'm hoping I can give him one of Speed Demon's spare sets for regular hands.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Action Man posted:

Do Electro's hands come out? I'm hoping I can give him one of Speed Demon's spare sets for regular hands.

They do indeed. Looks like SD's hands fit just fine.

The hands that came with Cap-Wolf fit perfectly. They look better that SD's I think.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 23, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_JNCqDQQXA

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Joe Fisto posted:

Click for huge

Is that Miles Morales and Ultimate Peter Spideys?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

10 Beers posted:

Yeah! On new smaller teenage bodies. Need to get a Miles soon.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Yep. Pete has an umasked head with that stupid haircut too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Was that wave not available for preorder on Amazon like the Xmen wave was, or did I just miss out?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can't find any decent pics, but apparently Mezco had an SDCC exclusive "Mirror, Mirror" version of their already excellent One:12 Spock. I've never been so tempted to pay the eBay premium for a con exclusive.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Saw on Twitter that the xmen wave has been seen at Walgreens. Of course my Walgreens is chock full of black ant and hulk buster wave still. Finding dead pool is gonna be impossible at this point isn't it?

Like, part of me wants someone to just go buy out all the stock at all the local stores so they have to get some new poo poo in

Edit: also someone here had said they would send me their Onslaught head when they got Kitty in. Whoever it was, send me a pm if you got it already. Maybe Louisgod?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I don't know who will care, but I took some collection photos today after getting some new shelves and whatnot. I posted it on Reddit too, so some of you may see it there if you venture that way. Just wanted to share.

It's mostly Toynami Futurama, Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, a few Mythic Legions photos, a little DC and etc.

http://imgur.com/a/CUMZy : God I love that randomly assigned Imgur URL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TRU has 2 Legends for $30 today if there's any common stuff back to Hulkbuster wave you need.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

TRU has 2 Legends for $30 today if there's any common stuff back to Hulkbuster wave you need.

It's on their website, which has about half of the X-Men wave up for pre-order with this special.

Shame this deal is going on, as my store still has the Red Onslaught and Absorbing Man wave in. And two random Wasp and two random Misty Knight.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Joe Fisto posted:

They do indeed. Looks like SD's hands fit just fine.

The hands that came with Cap-Wolf fit perfectly. They look better that SD's I think.

Fantastic news. Thanks for the info.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

It's on their website, which has about half of the X-Men wave up for pre-order with this special.

Shame this deal is going on, as my store still has the Red Onslaught and Absorbing Man wave in. And two random Wasp and two random Misty Knight.

I was kind of annoyed that there were deals on everything except Transformers today.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Saw on Twitter that the xmen wave has been seen at Walgreens. Of course my Walgreens is chock full of black ant and hulk buster wave still. Finding dead pool is gonna be impossible at this point isn't it?

Like, part of me wants someone to just go buy out all the stock at all the local stores so they have to get some new poo poo in

Edit: also someone here had said they would send me their Onslaught head when they got Kitty in. Whoever it was, send me a pm if you got it already. Maybe Louisgod?

Right here. PM me.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Oh gently caress me. New Legends Darkhawk, Jim Lee Cyclops, classic Sunfire, Modern Colossus, a good Invisible Woman with Herbie, Polaris, Vance Astro, New Mutants Warlock...

I swear this is probably better than the Toy Biz hey days now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Djarum posted:

Oh gently caress me. New Legends Darkhawk, Jim Lee Cyclops, classic Sunfire, Modern Colossus, a good Invisible Woman with Herbie, Polaris, Vance Astro, New Mutants Warlock...

I swear this is probably better than the Toy Biz hey days now.

Photos!

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?itemid=20505&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That Warlock is really cool! That Colossus is Not Too Cool! What the heck outfit is that? What's with this weird tummy panel he's got?

Cyke looks nice though.

e: oooh that laura wolverine!

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 24, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shame Laura Wolverine seems to be in the 3.75 wave. She is greatly in need of a new figure, as the old Toy Biz X-23 was horrible looking.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I have a Deadpool and Rogue still on pre-order through Amazon that I was honestly saving for somebody that needed or wanted them (though I may keep Rogue because she's that cool), but I'm willing to give you my opened Deadpool if you're interested.

The caveat to this is that his left elbow joint is a little cracked (that I 'fixed' with a little gorilla glue), and his left forearm joint is stuck. I'm pretty sure you can loosen the joint up with a hairdryer, and the crack is very manageable, but if you want a Deadpool without spending $60, here's your chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Electro with repainted CapWolf hands (need to matte them up)

This is pretty much perfect.