Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

I hate snipers just as much as shotguns and i wish they weren't in the game. I only use them because you pretty much have to use one or the other :negative:

Uh wut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PVP would be interesting if the only secondaries were sidearms. Having secondaries that can easily outclass most primaries is a bit much.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
The thing that helps is realizing that primary and secondary are just dumb names you should ignore and you should focus on grabbing and securing greens so you can use that ammo.

I know I'm in for a sweaty banner match when the first greens spawn in and the middle ones are subject to contested pushes :negative:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
http://i.imgur.com/2oEpIt5.gifv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

He thought he had Death from Above, or failed to activate it.
I've hosed up a few slams like that, but never off the map.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Got a weylorans with Hidden Hand, Braced Frame and Grenadier. I think I'm good for a while

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

J.A.B.C. posted:

Got a weylorans with Hidden Hand, Braced Frame and Grenadier. I think I'm good for a while

Lucky fucker. What scopes you get on it? I wasn't ever sure braced frame was an option.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
I don't mind sidearms. I can't imagine not running a sniper but really they are pretty good if you're accurate.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

So many loving UR defenders

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I don't mind sidearms. I can't imagine not running a sniper but really they are pretty good if you're accurate.

They're honestly the best weapon to have if you're just a hair outside of shotgun range. Unfortunately if either party takes a single step shotguns just crush.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ughhh i was the red bar last game, my connection is usually decent, anyone what causes that poo poo?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Lyer posted:

ughhh i was the red bar last game, my connection is usually decent, anyone what causes that poo poo?

Stop wit all da downloadin'

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

but my animes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

UR plus NBP plus sidearm is pretty fun.

Except on long range maps like shores of time.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

xzzy posted:

UR plus NBP plus sidearm is pretty fun.

Except on long range maps like shores of time.

I still wonder who at Bungie plays Shores of Time on Control and thinks "yeah, being able to watch B and C while standing at a safe distance, without moving, seems balanced."

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Shores of Time is actually balanced when played by two decent teams, if not a bit boring. It's just a map where the control points are incidental to the area you need to control, rather than the typical opposite.

The thing with that map is that a coordinated team can absolutely smash randos unless the randos are all solid on getting and anchoring the back C boat. It's probably a map that played well in testing when the two teams had an equal understanding of how to play it, whether it was absolutely no understanding or perfect understanding. Chances are this was always the case.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

J.A.B.C. posted:

Depends on the scopes

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Shores of Time is actually balanced when played by two decent teams, if not a bit boring. It's just a map where the control points are incidental to the area you need to control, rather than the typical opposite.

The thing with that map is that a coordinated team can absolutely smash randos unless the randos are all solid on getting and anchoring the back C boat. It's probably a map that played well in testing when the two teams had an equal understanding of how to play it, whether it was absolutely no understanding or perfect understanding. Chances are this was always the case.

Nah, I'd rather just cap A.
I like the view there.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Which brings me to a good point.

Is the A point always the shittiest point to hold? Because it definitely seems that way on most of the maps.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Yeah, maybe. I just don't get Bungie's boner for symmetrical maps. Maybe this is why :v:

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Is the A point always the shittiest point to hold? Because it definitely seems that way on most of the maps.

For the most part yeah. Burning Shrine and Firebase Delphi are the two exceptions I could think up.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

A is better on Firebase Delphi (inside spawn, closer to heavy) and probably Twilight Gap (better sniping positions, especially towards the outside heavy ledge). Maybe someone could make a case for some other maps but I think that's about it.

Countdown to some mlg pro telling me I'm wrong...

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
A is good on Widows court. Also vertigo.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

A is good on Widows court. Also vertigo.

But Vertigo itself is hot trash

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4u6xgf/taken_king_collectors_edition_dlc_bug/ :toot:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fennesz posted:

Yeah, maybe. I just don't get Bungie's boner for symmetrical maps. Maybe this is why :v:

Much easier to balance, fewer exploits to unbalance matches in sweaty games because both teams will have them.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Fuckin Xbone exclusives :arghfist::(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Lmao at that dumb gently caress nerd saying it'll be a media shitstorm. There's like 4 people that play this dumb dead game.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
http://i.imgur.com/zMmk6p5.gifv

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:killdozer:

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

sinking belle posted:

Fuckin Xbone exclusives :arghfist::(

lol wondered why I had 3 care packages at the postmaster this morning. Didn't even recognise it was the old Collectors edition stuff.
I hope Bungie let everyone keep it and don't refund the chumps who paid a year ago.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Cerv posted:

lol wondered why I had 3 care packages at the postmaster this morning. Didn't even recognise it was the old Collectors edition stuff.
I hope Bungie let everyone keep it and don't refund the chumps who paid a year ago.

*cough*srlbook*cough*

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Aren't you supposed to gain more rep per day during IB? I was getting +79 a win on Wednesday and +73 a win today.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fennesz posted:

Aren't you supposed to gain more rep per day during IB? I was getting +79 a win on Wednesday and +73 a win today.

Did you take off the shader, emblem, or class item?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blackfyre posted:

I think years of MMOs have deadened my fear of patches. Used to get very stressed about small things with each patch and fix in WoW years back then kinda didn't care anymore. Its a rollercoaster.

Its a shame when the players are so fed up they leave though esp when you miss out on some cool guys you used to play with giving up on it.
Where this is my first ever experience with patches, updates, and their ilk, and Bungie has made it a cruel, unforgiving experience.

Truth, I bought a console to be casual with but went nuts as I was dealing with some turbo gnarl tendonitis in my left delt. If I blow my shoulder out again I'll definitely buy but otherwise, I don't care to keep on this cart-before-the-horse game where loving Reddit dictates if I get to play how I enjoy or not. I already ran the strikes, dead game is dead for excellent reason. Biggest bummer but Bungie doesn't even care if I play or not.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ If you think this game is patched poorly uhhh :lol:

haveblue posted:

Did you take off the shader, emblem, or class item?

Nope. Just double checked. Same shader, emblem and cloak too.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

cvnvcnv posted:

Lmao this game has dope patches but why is my reputation shrinking guys???

The game is actually playable after patches. I've played ssooooooo many games that were literally or borderline unplayable for days and weeks after patches.

Six rep is odd. Not "my computer overheats and BSOD's whenever I boot up the game"

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

I was wondering what the hell I did to trigger the hammer mark and also the hammer dance appearing at my postmaster in the middle of playing last night. LOL @ all the collectors edition owners that think Activision is going to refund them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Yeah I didn't have to throw money at the screen, gently caress you Luke Smith #rekt

• Locked thread