Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Pussy Noise posted:

If you want to make an intelligent argument against Kiihottaminen kansanryhmää vastaan, it might be useful to read the law (http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1889/18890039001#L11P10), and then read the relevant hallituksen esitys (http://www.finlex.fi/fi/esitykset/he/2010/20100317).

For example if you imagine that the meaning of "kiihotus" is relevant, it's obvious that you haven't read the law. The relevant words are "uhkaaminen", "solvaaminen" and "panettelu".

Sebastian kiihottaa mun kikkeliä.

More like reasonable argument for Being Excitement, I'd posit myself...

This far the information superhighway has given the following arguments for the law:

1) without it, you can make death threats and mussulmen can preach kill homos. This is untrue. Other laws cover these.
2) the law is not used very often. True, we don't need it! And even when it is, because it's a thought crime law, the tulkinta vaihtelee kovasti, anything can be Excitement, or nothing can be. No one can tell.
3) getting rid of it was suggested by the Arsefinn Jugend, so therefore the law must be protected like a national treasure. This is a poor argument. What is said should matter, not who says it (a concept forgotten by modern "liberals").

There's nothing else. I'm sure it pleases people when their opponents are brought to court even with supervague thought crime charges, but it's not quite as fun when you are in the receiving end. And it could be you after a slight political shift.

That isn't a very good haul IMHO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

1) without it, you can make death threats and mussulmen can preach kill homos. This is untrue. Other laws cover these.

No, other laws cover death threats (laiton uhkaus) and or insults (kunnianloukkaus) made to individuals or specific organizations. Mussulmen preaching to kill homos would be covered by the law you want to be removed.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jul 22, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
That isn't true.

Pussy Noise
Aug 1, 2003

Yeah 24. luku contains stuff about harassment and 25. luku about threats against individuals. 11. luku 10 § is about similar concepts against a group. Turns out that the wikipedia page https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiihotus_kansanryhm%C3%A4%C3%A4_vastaan has a pretty good list of cases with this rikosnimike.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

That isn't true.

Sure it is. Let me bold the relevant parts of the law in this example

quote:

Joka asettaa yleisön saataville tai muutoin yleisön keskuuteen levittää tai pitää yleisön saatavilla tiedon, mielipiteen tai muun viestin, jossa uhataan, panetellaan tai solvataan jotakin ryhmää rodun, ihonvärin, syntyperän, kansallisen tai etnisen alkuperän, uskonnon tai vakaumuksen, seksuaalisen suuntautumisen tai vammaisuuden perusteella taikka niihin rinnastettavalla muulla perusteella, on tuomittava kiihottamisesta kansanryhmää vastaan sakkoon tai vankeuteen enintään kahdeksi vuodeksi.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 22, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
All that is covered by other laws.

edit:

This could be a relevant case to the question in hand. Muslim "community leader" in Finland compares people weeded out by Ergodans cronies as "a virus" that ought to be purged.

I don't give a poo poo. But this is exactly like the "hate speech" that would get every AssFinn on every newspaper and possibly prosecuted. This ain't right. Mustafa Karan can call anyone he wants viruses, so we can point a finger and ridicule him without courts involved. And IMO this is as it should be.

Imagine if Hakkarainen called Somalis a "virus" infecting Finland...

Ligur fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 22, 2016

Pussy Noise
Aug 1, 2003

What other laws, specifically?

Your example is not relevant because this group is not protected under the law. Seriously, read the hallituksen esitys, it has some good discussion on why the law says what it does.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

All that is covered by other laws.

Name them.

Ligur posted:

This could be a relevant case to the question in hand. Muslim "community leader" in Finland compares people weeded out by Ergodans cronies as "a virus" that ought to be purged.

I don't give a poo poo. But this is exactly like the "hate speech" that would get every AssFinn on every newspaper and possibly prosecuted. This ain't right. Mustafa Karan can call anyone he wants viruses, so we can point a finger and ridicule him without courts involved. And IMO this is as it should be.

Imagine if Hakkarainen called Somalis a "virus" infecting Finland...

And it's completely legal for anyone to make a police report or sue them for that. "People who are against Erdögan" is vague enough concept that I would imagine it has a difficulty of being accepted as being targeted against one group in particular since it includes anything from ultranationalists to ultrasecularists to other Islamists to Kurdish groups but they could try to make the argument and would be fully within their rights to do so. Halla-Aho was given pass by two courts before he went to third one for the offense being discussed here so I don't think this guy would have hard time avoiding the charge though.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Ligur posted:

Snitch on him, make a rikosilmoitus

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why is it that every single time some Ligur makes a factual claim about law, society or statistics, five minutes of factchecking is enough to show that said claim is bullshit?

Maybe y'all should stick to ranting about them foreigners without actually saying anything, because this poo poo is getting sad to watch.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Cerebral Bore posted:

Why is it that every single time some Ligur makes a factual claim about law, society or statistics, five minutes of factchecking is enough to show that said claim is bullshit?

Maybe y'all should stick to ranting about them foreigners without actually saying anything, because this poo poo is getting sad to watch.

It is because you are a moron and cannot really undestand what you read.

No problem, thanks to you too.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why is it that every Ligur, whose every post simultaneously seems to be and not be a joke, is so terminally unfunny that the best repartee they can muster is "no u"?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Cerebral Bore posted:

Why is it that every Ligur, whose every post simultaneously seems to be and not be a joke, is so terminally unfunny that the best repartee they can muster is "no u"?

I have a solution, just stop reading posts that do not please you.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ligur posted:

I have a solution, just stop reading posts that do not please you.

This is kinda funny coming from a guy that spends half of his posts whining about how people don't want to read your hot takes.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

This is kinda funny coming from a guy that spends half of his posts whining about how people don't want to read your hot takes.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So can one of the resident nazis tell me if the alleged explosion in Kallio has already been blamed on refugees by Hommists etc.? Because one news site already posted "witnesses report seeing people from the nearby refugee centre watching the fire" (the same fire they themselves were watching) and that just struck me as an odd thing to print/post unless you actively want to feed the ligurs or are a literal moron.

e: OK it was Ilta-Sanomat which, of course, isn't a news site. My apologies.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Cerebral Bore posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

:ironicat:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:agreed:

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.
white racist men promoting abolition of uskonrauhan loukkaaminen and kiihotus kansanryhmää kohtaan and using some other minority as their keppihevonen

omo color me loving surprised

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

hetkinen, vertasivatko saara ja reijo juuri muslimeja natseihin?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Hogge Wild posted:

hetkinen, vertasivatko saara ja reijo juuri muslimeja natseihin?
Ei-valkoiset ovat viattomia luonnonlapsia jotka harmoniassa luonnon kanssa, ellei valkoinen mies heitä korruptoi. Todennäköisesti tässäkin on takana CIA:n agentit mustanaamassa.

Todisteena tästä on kuinka monta pakolaista lähti muka vapaaehtoisesti, oikeasti viranomaiset pakottivat heidät laittomasti ulos.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
:sigh: jaahas, saksassa on sitten tehty uusi jalla-jalla

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The response is something to behold :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yöllä vielä kaikki internetpaikat oli täynnä juttuja siitä että kaikki viisikymmentä ampujaa olivat Saksalaisia uusnatseja. TÄLLÄ KERTAA NÄIN PÄIN!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yöllä vielä kaikki internetpaikat oli täynnä juttuja siitä että kaikki viisikymmentä ampujaa olivat Saksalaisia uusnatseja. TÄLLÄ KERTAA NÄIN PÄIN!

ampuja oli tupla-arjalainen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

ampuja oli tupla-arjalainen

Oh wow I just read up on the dude and he was legitimately* crazy. WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT!?!?

*) See what I didn't say there?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
He was apparently a school shooting enthusiast and a Breivik fan (I assume because of the shooting, not because of nazismus)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Summer breaks must be a depressing time for school shooting enthusiasts. :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A former colleague used to use the saying "pitääkö tässä jatkaa siitä mihin Jokelassa jäätiin" a lot* and then he got mad when I gave him the nick-name Alistaja.

*) When he was very drunk he'd just say "Kuolema. Kuolema tulee" over and over again. Cheerful sort of fellow!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Se on hauskaa kun joka kerta jos sattuu ja tapahtuu kaikki paikat on täynnä vassareita jotka ilkamoi kuinka natsit taas hah tämä viimeistään oikeuttaa meidän raivon.

Mutta se onkin aina musulmaani.

Ehkä nyt ei ollut, niin päästään pohtimaan ketä voi syyttää mistäkin.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Se on hauskaa kun joka kerta jos sattuu ja tapahtuu kaikki paikat on täynnä vassareita jotka ilkamoi kuinka natsit taas hah tämä viimeistään oikeuttaa meidän raivon.

Mutta se onkin aina musulmaani.

Ehkä nyt ei ollut, niin päästään pohtimaan ketä voi syyttää mistäkin.

And even when it's not musulmaani-related you still have to whine about leftists and musulmaanis, that's also pretty funny

Mind naming the other laws that make incitement law useless by the way? I feel like you have had plenty of opportunities for that by now.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 23, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
You stupid illiterate mental midget. DarkCrawler used to be much more chill but he has really become a total tool.

* 7 § (21.4.1995/578) Laiton uhkaus.
* Julkinen kehottaminen rikokseen on Suomen rikoslain 17 luvun 1 §:ssä määritelty sananvapausrikos.
* Then there is Kunnianloukkaus. 24 part 9 § IIRC.

Preaching "we must kill X or Y group, go do it" is illegal, we do not need excitement laws for that. Excitement against a group is so ambiguous nobody even knows what it is.

I'm surprised there is so mcuh support for thought crimes, even here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I didn't see any mention of the dude being Muslim?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Also terrorists are really bad but so are nazis. They are literally the scum of the earth.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Also terrorists are really bad but so are nazis. They are literally the scum of the earth.

They also put a man on the Moon :jeb:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rappaport posted:

They also put a man on the Moon :jeb:

Muslim scientists were mighty knowledgeable :mmmhmm:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
On se vittu ihmeellistä. Silloin kun Breivik flipahti meillä oli joka pääkirjoitus täynnä äärioikeiston vaaraa, ja joku lehti (olisko ollut peräti Hesari) julisti, että nyt ei pidä jättää yhtään kiveä kääntämättä, kaikki syylliset on saatava esiin. Jokaista "oikeistopopulustia" syytettiin iskusta jos ei suoraan niin mutkan kautta, ja random Halla-aholle soiteltiin puhelimella ja kysyttiin "paljasta, mikä oli yhteytesi ampujaan". Oikeesti, sille soiteltiin ja kyseltiin sitä miksi hän on opettanut Breivikiä.

Minuakin syytettiin täällä siitä, ei tosin Suomi-ketjussa, että ylläpidän ideologiaa joka mahdollistaa breivikit joten se on minun syy. Ei se nyt paljon päätä pakota, mutta vähän jännää asia.

Silti, kas kummaa!

Tämä ei toimi ollenkaan samalla tavalla kun Allahu Akbar -mies ajaa rekalla lapsien yli.

Sitten ei saakaan syyllistää eikä yleistää, eikä soitella paikalliseen moskeijaan ja vaatia Imaamia vastaamaan kysymykseen "miksi teitte näin". Vitun tyhmäähän se olisikin, mutta ihmisten suhtautuminen silloin kun on muslimi vs silloin kun on valkonaama on kyllä helvetin jännää.

(Tämä tuorein Saksan ampuja tuskin oli hirveän Akbar, puhun nyt edellisistä iskuista, tosin mistä sitäkään voi tietää.)

Ligur fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 23, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Muslim scientists were mighty knowledgeable :mmmhmm:

Yksittäistapaukset eivät liity islamiin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ligur posted:

You stupid illiterate mental midget. DarkCrawler used to be much more chill but he has really become a total tool.

please rational finnish language people, keep calling Ligur out on his stupid poorly-hidden neo-nazi bullshit, it makes him really mad and onlookers very happy