Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I'm a successful and good-looking person who gets a lot of sex from human females so I don't play shooty armies to compensate for my tiny peen, tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

fnordcircle posted:

I'm a successful and good-looking person who gets a lot of sex from human females so I don't play shooty armies to compensate for my tiny peen, tyvm

QTIYD

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fnordcircle posted:

Yeah I did that with a single model #behemothlyfe #artillerykapitan

E: I guess technically that's 2 models but w/e gently caress the establishment

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

How do I play pFeora?

So far every game I lose has been a MAT 11 Ghetorix to the face [eKromac and eKreuger] and the games I've won I feel like I won because of my army, not because my caster did anything. I feel like I want to play forward enough to threaten with Engine and put jacks into Effigy territory, but if I get far enough upfield to do that, I get killed.

Here's what I've revised my list to [been proxying via Vassal]

pFeora
-Corbeau
-Sanctifier
-Blood of Martyrs
-Hand of Judgement
Vilmon
Ashley
Rhupert
Reclaimer
Min Choir
Max Idrians +UA
max TFG

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

fnordcircle posted:

gently caress Ret imo

This. Also Cygnar.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Alpha Phoenix posted:

How do I play pFeora?

So far every game I lose has been a MAT 11 Ghetorix to the face [eKromac and eKreuger] and the games I've won I feel like I won because of my army, not because my caster did anything. I feel like I want to play forward enough to threaten with Engine and put jacks into Effigy territory, but if I get far enough upfield to do that, I get killed.

pFeora
-Corbeau
-Sanctifier
-Blood of Martyrs
-Hand of Judgement
Vilmon
Ashley
Rhupert
Reclaimer
Min Choir
Max Idrians +UA
max TFG

Maybe work in a vigilant? Being upfield with her sounds like a bad idea until after the alpha strike occurs and the dust settles a bit.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Ragnor with a shitloaf (gently caress it not fixing that typo) of shield guards gives 0 fucks about Kara Sloan, as it turns out. I did lose my MK to her feat but by then was super dominant on scenario and won next turn. Ragnor continues to own bones.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

It's what's for breakfast!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Alpha Phoenix posted:

How do I play pFeora?

pFeora
-Corbeau
-Sanctifier
-Blood of Martyrs
-Hand of Judgement
Vilmon
Ashley
Rhupert
Reclaimer
Min Choir
Max Idrians +UA
max TFG

Have you considered the same list but with a different caster running it? :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fyrbrand posted:

Ragnor with a shitloaf (gently caress it not fixing that typo) of shield guards gives 0 fucks about Kara Sloan, as it turns out. I did lose my MK to her feat but by then was super dominant on scenario and won next turn. Ragnor continues to own bones.

Ragnor and a few other Troll casters beat Sloan style lists over the head so god drat hard you almost start to feel bad for them. You don't, of course. But almost.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

AnElegantPeacock posted:

This. Also Cygnar.

We need more posters like you imo

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Cygnar owns gently caress the haters

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

rkajdi posted:

Alright, Journeyman question time.

There are currently two of us playing Ret in my league. In an effort to keep from playing the exact same list at the next points increment (15pts b/c our PG is smart) I came up with the following 3 lists of stuff I could take next week to ensure I don't end up exactly the same as the other guy:

* Gorgon & Aspis
* Sphinx (+ an extra arcanist next week)
* Hydra

Now, I know GEMorris is going to say how dumb the gorgon is, but considering the scenario you play in weeks 3 & 4 of the journeyman league, it seems like slowing people down and pushing them out of the zone might be useful. Plus, Helynna seems to work well with pushes and forced movement, given that you can do it a lot with her. Any thought on this?

My league is like 30% Khador, so I said "gently caress it" to another light, I figured I could outmaneuver and assassinate this week and stow the 10 points for next week. I think I'm taking full Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters, a Heavy Rifle Team, and an Archanist in week 3.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Karnegal posted:

My league is like 30% Khador, so I said "gently caress it" to another light, I figured I could outmaneuver and assassinate this week and stow the 10 points for next week. I think I'm taking full Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters, a Heavy Rifle Team, and an Archanist in week 3.

See, I'd figure that the -2 SPD gun on the gorgon would allow you to tie up a khador melee heavy (prob the juggernaut) for the whole game, which is pretty strong. Hold off a third of his army while you pummel the cheap heavy and demolisher seems like a game plan that wins you games. Plus, isn't the rule that you're only allowed to play down 5 pts anyway?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

S.J. posted:

Cygnar owns gently caress the haters

Swans area baby bitches. Come hit me without a sword coward!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

Have you considered the same list but with a different caster running it? :v:

I have! Because I'm still at that point where I only have a few models and each list is a few swaps, a new caster, and a few proxies.

I just want to live the Engine of Destruction dream...

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I have! Because I'm still at that point where I only have a few models and each list is a few swaps, a new caster, and a few proxies.

Play reznik1 with scourge and kill everyone

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just got my troll box's poo poo handed to it by the Khador box. I think my biggest problem was not being used to Fury and planning ahead a turn and whiffing on the first couple by not playing aggressive enough

Still got to hit a giant robot in the face with a huge ax tho so it's fine

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I want to like feora1 but fire is less useful in mk3 meta, and her spell list is mostly worse too because of meta changes. I just have no idea what she does that's better than a bunch of other options in faction. I guess she has good defensive stats and will be able to camp...

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

I want to like feora1 but fire is less useful in mk3 meta, and her spell list is mostly worse too because of meta changes. I just have no idea what she does that's better than a bunch of other options in faction. I guess she has good defensive stats and will be able to camp...

Fair enough. I guess if I want a beatstick caster I should go with durst or reznik.

It makes sense, though. I'll swap Fire for Scourge and try it as a reznik list. I'll have to see if I need to fit in more battlegroup or an arc node.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Fair enough. I guess if I want a beatstick caster I should go with durst or reznik.

It makes sense, though. I'll swap Fire for Scourge and try it as a reznik list. I'll have to see if I need to fit in more battlegroup or an arc node.

If you can manufacture a reznik charge where he kills a model and then can damage something with perdition, you can move scourge 8" out of activation, which is probably an assassination, especially if they have an upkeep on them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Played another game against a different manager, him running Dwarves. Came so goddamn close to crushing his casters head (the one with the double barrel shotgun and an4" move) with Ragnors hammer in a last ditch suicide run

Game so good

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Literally The Worst posted:

Just got my troll box's poo poo handed to it by the Khador box. I think my biggest problem was not being used to Fury and planning ahead a turn and whiffing on the first couple by not playing aggressive enough

Still got to hit a giant robot in the face with a huge ax tho so it's fine

Honestly I think your troll box is gonna get it's poo poo handed to you no matter who you play. It's pretty bad in comparison to the others. Pillow fisted is thrown around eo much thst it loses it's meaning, but the Troll box is the definition of pillow fisted.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I've actually seen folks have lots of luck against more fragile factions like Cryx by sending in the caster to wrecks something and then using the feat to protect yourself.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

waah posted:

Honestly I think your troll box is gonna get it's poo poo handed to you no matter who you play. It's pretty bad in comparison to the others. Pillow fisted is thrown around eo much thst it loses it's meaning, but the Troll box is the definition of pillow fisted.

I came real goddamn close to beating Gorton after that. Him and his douchey light jacks that can boost attack and damage for one focus and the one with flak armor

Mostly I'm just looking to learn the game and how the faction works. I'm playing people who have played for years, I'm gonna lose. I'm cool with that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Trollkin Champions are complete bastards. Tough, can't be knocked down, strike back when you hit them, knock you down if you kill 'em, 3 weapon master attacks and overtake is what buddy I was fighting against had them at (he also had them in a protective bubble from wrong-eye, because why the gently caress not?) A full unit of IFP charged in and managed to only kill 3.

Also Mountain King charging 12"ish inches and assaulting a 10" spray, punching a guy to death, and crapping out another spray is rude. Good thing he didn't realise I could have my assail'd drago charge in, then activate Vlad and throw assail on Behemoth for the double heavy smoosh-o-rama.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I got to live the true Engine of Destruction dream during Foodmachine last year.

Morvhanna2 against Feora1. Foodmachine has something where you can spend 5 "cans" to cast a spell on the opposing caster's spell list. Open a charge lane to Feora, have Morv cast EoD, charge 13". Completely destroyed her.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

So we started our Mk3 Journeyman last week and I'm repping Circle. For week 2 it's been modified up to +15 points, still battlegroup only.

I think the Correct answer is Riphorn Satyr, but I kind of want to do a Woldwyrd and Argus Moonhound. It makes the battlegroup a little unwieldy to run without fury management, but it seems like a fun package.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Otisburg posted:

So we started our Mk3 Journeyman last week and I'm repping Circle. For week 2 it's been modified up to +15 points, still battlegroup only.

I think the Correct answer is Riphorn Satyr, but I kind of want to do a Woldwyrd and Argus Moonhound. It makes the battlegroup a little unwieldy to run without fury management, but it seems like a fun package.

I'll be going gators for journeyman, but I usually play circle.

Affliction + Moonhound + unit of reeves looks like an easy way of doing 20 damage to something.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Warmachine tactics is still garbage

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

gannyGrabber posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Warmachine tactics is still garbage

:sigh: yeah. I keep wanting to finish the single-player campaign because I do kind of like Jakes and I like the lore and poo poo but the missions are such a loving slog and I'm not even halfway through after all this time. So much wasted potential.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I tried a quick match but somehow elevation AND knockdown didn't give me line of sight over a model? Also stationary models were still being missed like crazy by my ranged attacks so fuuuuuuuuuck pissssssssss

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Any game where the comparatively simple act of figuring out what the poo poo is happening on your opponent's turn (to say nothing of your own turn not infrequently) is an impossible prospect is a real loving bummer. At least the Kickstarter is how I got to playing the actual game, so not a total loss.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I enjoyed the campaign enough that it wasn't a total waste. I just wish they hadn't gone with that stupid choice of engine (seriously nobody needs the loving latest and greatest Unreal engine for a niche tabletop video game) which, coincidentally, is probably why they had to make the awful 'only solos' choice.

I get that moving 40 figures is a tough one to make someone sit through but there are better compromises that could have been made than that choice. I would have happily accepted some sort of CMD range indicator bubble (back when there was no premeasuring) in lieu of what they did. My ideal would have probably been 2 step movement where the entire group is moved a certain amount and then you could fine tune placement or even run out of CMD range. Anything but a change that has ripple effects which screw AoE, Berserk and other rules.

I'll play the other campaigns and I'd play single player skirmish against AI but I have 0 interest in trying to keep up with an online multiplayer game meta along with the tabletop.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I have completely bunged up this Ret Chimera. Can I dissolve the superglue without melting the restic?

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
Can you freeze the model to make the glue brittle or does that not work with plastic minis?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
If you used regular superglue instead of plastic glue then yes, at least in my experience though maybe I'm just lying to myself.

Plastic glue melts that poo poo together so no bueno on the freezer treatment.

Worst case scenario generally some sort of small saw + greenstuff can bring a borked mini back to life.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Wells posted:

Can you freeze the model to make the glue brittle or does that not work with plastic minis?

That generally works, you just have to be careful because the plastic will be a bit more brittle too.

fnordcircle posted:

If you used regular superglue instead of plastic glue then yes, at least in my experience though maybe I'm just lying to myself.

Plastic glue melts that poo poo together so no bueno on the freezer treatment.

Worst case scenario generally some sort of small saw + greenstuff can bring a borked mini back to life.

Plastic glue doesn't work on PP plastics, as they are not actual plastic, they are a resin/plastic composite.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

To be a sperg, resin and restic blends are still plastic. Plastic glue or cement welds polystyrene, but doesn't work on most other plastics.

If he over-glued the shoulderpads (which I almost messed up on mine) freezing is going to be a bit of a bitch. It's a good question if acetone will melt PP's restic blend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
It is indeed the shoulder pads. I'm afraid of just breaking the thing in half if I try to crack the pad off