Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I keep getting the feeling that Allison might be more of a curiosity to her at the moment rather than an immediate and outright foe, hence why she keeps asking her what she thinks of death (and also why she doesn't seem to be in any kind of rush to start cutting Allison up, instead just hanging out and watching the parade of idiots do their thing). Perhaps she wants to see where all of this furious dumbassery leads to before she gets to murdering and toppling (not that Allison has much of a throne to topple yet). It's not like she can't just step in and take whatever she wants whenever she wants, so she might as well just kick back and see how things go.

E: Whatever the case ends up being, I gotta say I'm really enjoying the juxtaposition of the warm smiling auntie who pays for noodles with a proverb and the stone faced, red-eyed murderess who would kill you just as soon as look at you.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Maybe vows don't count for as much if you make them while drunk.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Update.

Still not sure where she is keeping her hands in a usable way.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bilirubin posted:

Update.

Still not sure where she is keeping her hands in a usable way.

Look at this scrub who needs their hands to perform the Sanctioned Action Of Cutting

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know that rifleman was a hell of a shot. Right between the eyes with an ironsights, if not for superkungfu.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hell yeah, kung fu!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

she cut the panel

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
She did the "cut a bullet in half in midair" thing and the "blade so sharp it takes a few seconds for reality to catch up and split the thing in half" thing simultaneously.

I wonder if she'd be more or less effective with a mundane sword?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

she cut the panel

it's a really good and surprisingly subtle detail

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Poltergrift posted:

She did the "cut a bullet in half in midair" thing and the "blade so sharp it takes a few seconds for reality to catch up and split the thing in half" thing simultaneously.

Let's be reasonable here; we all know there's no such thing as a sword.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

DrakePegasus posted:

Let's be reasonable here; we all know there's no such thing as a sword.
Simultaneously, everything is a sword.

Only once one realizes that this is not a paradox can one become a true student of Cutting.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cutting is inherently destruction and reduction. When you cut the world into shapes you reduce or divide it each time. When is one of these gods going to start creating things?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

Cutting is inherently destruction and reduction. When you cut the world into shapes you reduce or divide it each time. When is one of these gods going to start creating things?
To create implies a beginning, and There Is No Genesis.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Demiurge4 posted:

Are you blind? Cutting is creation! There was one thing, now there are two things.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Cutting is Division by Want; the choosing of one infinity from many.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

For her next trick, watch as she cuts some atoms.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Demiurge4 posted:

cutting is a simple rotation away from nutting and from that we see that death and conception are mere rotations of each other

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazerunner posted:

cutting is a simple rotation away from nutting and from that we see that death and conception are mere rotations of each other

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
I love how the two nameless soldiers in the background in the first panel are just going 'oh yeah THIS is gonna totally end well.'

And her response is 'well this is totally not a scenario I haven't played out like, ten thousand times before.' Though given her background, she very well could have done so.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

You know that rifleman was a hell of a shot. Right between the eyes with an ironsights, if not for superkungfu.

Four eyes make for some incredible marksmanship feats.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Demiurge4 posted:

Creation already is. In the beginning, YISUN was everything, infinite and containing all possibilities. Division was the only possible act of creation; only by reduction into the finite could form can be created and change permitted. Only by killing a set of potential realities could the others exist. A block of stone becomes a sculpture by cutting away that which is not wanted, removing the material and destroying all other shapes that the block might have been; only in this way can the art be realized.

Now, my question is: having seen what just happened, if you are one of those guards (and assuming you are not already lying dead on the next panel), what could possibly induce you to stay in this room and continue attempting to kill this person?

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Poltergrift posted:

Unless I'm looking at the comic wrong, she also managed to have the bullet bounce off her face and still hit something behind her.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Quantum Toast posted:

Unless I'm looking at the comic wrong, she also managed to have the bullet bounce off her face and still hit something behind her.

Looked more like the cut also deflected the bullet off to the side and over her shoulder.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Slashrat posted:

Looked more like the cut also deflected the bullet off to the side and over her shoulder.

I think the cabinet is supposed to be directly behind her. The perspective is just a bit odd because of the shape of the panel etc.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
holy gently caress

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We saw where the cut originated, I wonder what happened to the room/soldier.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Grognan posted:

We saw where the cut originated, I wonder what happened to the room/soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWntRLT6Is&t=54s

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
now you have hosed up

you have hosed up now

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

idonotlikepeas posted:

Now, my question is: having seen what just happened, if you are one of those guards (and assuming you are not already lying dead on the next panel), what could possibly induce you to stay in this room and continue attempting to kill this person?
As scary as this murder hobo may be, the worst she'll likely do to these mooks is kill them. I'm sure they've already seen many time over the kinds of things Mottom has done to people. Death probably doesn't hold much terror compared to that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

As scary as this murder hobo may be, the worst she'll likely do to these mooks is kill them. I'm sure they've already seen many time over the kinds of things Mottom has done to people. Death probably doesn't hold much terror compared to that.
Yeah these guys work for a demiurge, you don't get to be personal security for a demiurge unless you are extremely professional

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Mottom's in the market for a new butt fruit tree. You do not want to become the new butt fruit tree.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
Maya is probably going to be a face character for now, but as Allison grows more capable she'll do a heel turn as she becomes more like someone who sits on a throne

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Hey nerds, it's me, KSBD guy (Tom/Abbadon).

Image just put up the promotion for the book coming out so I guess it's a good idea as any to pop in the thread if you guys have any questions, wild speculation, etc you want to throw my way.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Operant posted:

Image just put up the promotion for the book coming out so I guess it's a good idea as any to pop in the thread if you guys have any questions, wild speculation, etc you want to throw my way.

what's the definitive power level ranking of all k6bd characters

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
Just like to say thanks and keep up the good work. Hopefully it will live up to the love it gets here/on your site and I'll be introducing it to a few people I know who do print comics but don't really bother online.

So now on to the relevant power levels of the characters...

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Operant posted:

Pre-ordered the hell out of it.

Anyways, which Demiurge has the worst domain? If Solomon has the best (where as long as you fall in line & don't ask for pesky things like "elected rulers" or "less harsh punishments for lawbreakers", you're treated well), who is generally the most lovely of the Seven?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It's me. I'm the lovely one.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

what the heck is 'the webcomics review'? all i could find via google is some kid's tumblr

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Operant posted:

Its so awesome to be able to talk to you directly. Thank you for this amazing comic and I will be buying the hell out your book.

Since you're answering questions; if offered the opportunity to adapt your comic to an animated series, would you take it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Operant posted:

Were you reading this thread? Also, did you do some GBS cyoags way back? I think I remember your handle from somewhere. The daily comics mock thread maybe?