Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i listened to marily manson as well :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

My year's joke suggestions included “SA, SS - Super Abitur, Super Schüler“ and “Abi ist wie Belgien, da muss man einfach durch“ complete with a map of the western front in ww1

e: the latter came from a dude who slept beneath a giant Germany flag and really wanted to become a badass Bundeswehr soldier but they wouldn't take him, lol

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 23, 2016

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

System Metternich posted:

My year's joke suggestions included “SA, SS - Super Abitur, Super Schüler“ and “Abi ist wie Belgien, da muss man einfach durch“ complete with a map of the western front in ww1

wtf kind of school did you go to

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Nur Nazis hier. Habs ja schon immer gewusst, die Deutschen lernen es nie!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

loving lol irl at the belgien thing, kudos

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

pidan posted:

wtf kind of school did you go to

The Wernher von Braun Gymnasium that made national news for clinging to its highly problematic name until two years ago or so :hitler:

But we were only teenage edgelords trying to be funny and the suggestions were never brought before a teacher, no worries

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

The Wernher von Braun Gymnasium that made national news for clinging to its highly problematic name until two years ago or so :hitler:

But we were only teenage edgelords trying to be funny and the suggestions were never brought before a teacher, no worries

My proposal for "NABIonalsozialismus" never gained much traction, either.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

lol

My Lovely Horse posted:

Ich verfall ja fast in Nostalgie darüber, daß sich jemand nach den ganzen Terroranschlägen jetzt wieder auf die gute alte deutsche Tugend des zünftigen Amoklaufs besinnt. Only 90s kids will get this.

lol

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

My Gymnasium's Abi Motto this year is something stupid with Cannabis. CannABIs or something.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
One anonymous Abi 02 theme entry at my school was "osamABInladen" with a sketching of an airplane flown by some muselmann with ABITOURS written on the wing

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
we ended up going with some really dumb poo poo like "abiogenesis" or something because apparently somebody looked at a dictionary.

az
Dec 2, 2005

I don't even remember mine but I sure remember it was groanworthy as hell. We also weren't allowed to have a party on school grounds because my friends in the previous 13th had absolutely trashed the yard while drunk/high af. Naturally we moved ten feet off school grounds and got smashed on city property until some snitch teacher called the cops on us for noise and public indecency. Good times.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
No idea if this is fake or not (dailymail), but:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Something similar happened to my old gymnasium: The Hindenburg Gymnasium in Nienburg was renamed to Marion Dönhoff Gymnasium after I was gone. The old name was judged to be too problematic. The campaign to keep the old name we did some time before that probably didn't help: Walking around in Pickelhaube-t-shirts made too many people aware of who Hindenburg actually was. :v:

Campaigner: "Hindenburg was actually a great guy, he helped save Germany from the evil Russians in WWI!"

Some other dude from our school: "Yeah, but he also made Hitler Reichskanzler."

Campaigner: "poo poo."

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

The Real Foogla posted:

same, also there should be lessons in how to gently caress good

Great idea, it would make the CDU/CSU people really mad as well.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Our abi theme was PisABI 04, because my class was the one selected to do the very first PISA study, which came back with pretty damning results.

So it was basically "Lol wi ar dum lol"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

e: the latter came from a dude who slept beneath a giant Germany flag and really wanted to become a badass Bundeswehr soldier but they wouldn't take him, lol

We had a lot of folks with the same idea for our '03 class, except the shirt design had an image of the Schlieffenplan. Everyone had a hearty chuckle because of how loving inappropriate and dark the idea was.
Then, a small group of folks actually had 5 or so shirts printed and everyone went ":stare: uh...you know you probably shouldn't wear those, or admit to anyone you actually went through with that idea, right?"

Our actual Abi-motto I forgot, but we depicted our Direx as Louis Quatorze, complete with all the connections to his school policy. Our Abi-Zeitung got "banned" and the proposed motto for the Abi-Scherz was overthrown and subject to resubmission and approval, which led to a mixture of 130 people getting either drunk or method-acting some make-believe guerilla war on the premises while we were camping overnight the day before.

I was the designated fall-guy for the Abi-Scherz and held our graduation speech, which was preceded by the vice-Direx attacking me personally in front of 800 parents the preceding speech.

During my entire speech, I wanted to scream "OH, YOU THINK LOUIS loving QUATORZE AS AN IDEA WAS BAD???"

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I read that post twice, and i understand they blocked the Louis thing, but i still have no idea whatsoever as to what *actually* happened instead.

Also tried looking up Louis Quatorze but can't find poo poo about his school policies.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 23, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Duzzy Funlop posted:

We had a lot of folks with the same idea for our '03 class, except the shirt design had an image of the Schlieffenplan. Everyone had a hearty chuckle because of how loving inappropriate and dark the idea was.
Then, a small group of folks actually had 5 or so shirts printed and everyone went ":stare: uh...you know you probably shouldn't wear those, or admit to anyone you actually went through with that idea, right?"

yeah for the record "abi macht frei" was obviously a joke proposal as well. we pretty much did nazi germany exclusively throughout our history courses and by the end there were literally no rightwing people left in the whole jahrgang because everyone was so disgusted. making nazi jokes was kind of a way to cope for a lot of people after seeing pictures of the piles of bodies in dachau.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

I read that post twice, and i understand they blocked the Louis thing, but i still have no idea whatsoever as to what *actually* happened instead.

Also tried looking up Louis Quatorze but can't find poo poo about his school policies.

Well, the school blocked us from selling our Abi-Zeitung on campus, but we still went with the motto and sold the Zeitung off-campus, literally through the bars of the front gates, even. Which, to the administration's chagrin, boosted our sales massively. Verbotene Frucht and all. The "Abi ist wie Belgien" idea we blocked ourselves, despite it being worth a chuckle. Mostly because we're neither Nazis, nor insane. The small group that actually had the shirts printed them did so primarily because they were all like "Yeah, well you're not my dad!" and anti-"Fun-police" or something, but then never wore them, because it dawned on them that they were neither Nazis, nor insane.

We did actually have a no-poo poo Neonazi and two or so Trittbrettfahrer in our class, but they were pretty much outed and ostracized. Some other shitlords like that in our school unfortunately were more accepted, but this was upper Frankonia, so I guess we could at least be proud of having a low number of shitlers.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, the school blocked us from selling our Abi-Zeitung on campus, but we still went with the motto and sold the Zeitung off-campus, literally through the bars of the front gates, even. Which, to the administration's chagrin, boosted our sales massively. Verbotene Frucht and all. The "Abi ist wie Belgien" idea we blocked ourselves, despite it being worth a chuckle. Mostly because we're neither Nazis, nor insane. The small group that actually had the shirts printed them did so primarily because they were all like "Yeah, well you're not my dad!" and anti-"Fun-police" or something, but then never wore them, because it dawned on them that they were neither Nazis, nor insane.

We did actually have a no-poo poo Neonazi and two or so Trittbrettfahrer in our class, but they were pretty much outed and ostracized. Some other shitlords like that in our school unfortunately were more accepted, but this was upper Frankonia, so I guess we could at least be proud of having a low number of shitlers.

We had a Polish neonazi (:ironicat:) in the NPD-Jugend.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, the school blocked us from selling our Abi-Zeitung on campus, but we still went with the motto and sold the Zeitung off-campus, literally through the bars of the front gates, even. Which, to the administration's chagrin, boosted our sales massively. Verbotene Frucht and all.
Ah, that explains it. Good job. :D

blowfish posted:

We had a Polish neonazi (:ironicat:) in the NPD-Jugend.
What in the gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, I just remembered it wasn't our Direx (whom we actually loved), but our Vize-Direx, who had been assuming ever more "power" over the previous four years, and walking all over our beloved Direx, essentially reducing him to only the figurehead of the school.

Funnily enough, not even a year later, I had one of the Vize-Direx' sons be eingezogen to my Bundeswehr Einheit, where I at that point was an assistant instructor and idiot-fuer-alles. This led to one of my favorite moments, when - during Anschleusungswoche - he came across my desk like every other Wehrdienstleistender to put down his particulars:

Me: "Any relation to a Oberstudiendirektor in a Bamberg Gymnasium?"
He: ":stare:"

And then nothing came of it, because he wasn't a shithead and I wasn't a vindictive rear end in a top hat, sorry for being boring.

Also, in my more :shobon:-years in school, I had a Referat about neo-fascist ideology in our history class and requested "Info-Material" from the NPD. This led to Axel loving Michaelis showing up at our door annually for the next six years to ask whether little Duzzy was home and if he finally wanted to join the Junge Nation or something.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

botany posted:

my suggestion was "abi macht frei" :o:

Wait, did we go to the same school? Because that was came up in my Jahrgang as well.

It didn't help that our school served as the place where all the jews in the city were rounded up before being deported. Also we have a tradition of building a small Abi Denkmal and our suggestion was a metal archway bearing that slogan, sooo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, I just remembered it wasn't our Direx (whom we actually loved), but our Vize-Direx, who had been assuming ever more "power" over the previous four years, and walking all over our beloved Direx, essentially reducing him to only the figurehead of the school.

Funnily enough, not even a year later, I had one of the Vize-Direx' sons be eingezogen to my Bundeswehr Einheit, where I at that point was an assistant instructor and idiot-fuer-alles. This led to one of my favorite moments, when - during Anschleusungswoche - he came across my desk like every other Wehrdienstleistender to put down his particulars:

Me: "Any relation to a Oberstudiendirektor in a Bamberg Gymnasium?"
He: ":stare:"

And then nothing came of it, because he wasn't a shithead and I wasn't a vindictive rear end in a top hat, sorry for being boring.

Also, in my more :shobon:-years in school, I had a Referat about neo-fascist ideology in our history class and requested "Info-Material" from the NPD. This led to Axel loving Michaelis showing up at our door annually for the next six years to ask whether little Duzzy was home and if he finally wanted to join the Junge Nation or something.

Now imagine how the information in this post would be used by the Lügenkresse, should you ever be suspected of being a criminal. :v:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hahahaha, priceless

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/amoklauf-in-muenchen-rechtspopulisten-blamieren-sich-mit-muenchen-kommentaren-1.3092048

Aufgeregter Dackel Enthusiast posted:

"AfD wählen! Schüsse am Olympia Einkaufszentrum: Tote in München - Polizei spricht von akuter Terrorlage."

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Ghost Farts posted:

Wait, did we go to the same school? Because that was came up in my Jahrgang as well.

It didn't help that our school served as the place where all the jews in the city were rounded up before being deported. Also we have a tradition of building a small Abi Denkmal and our suggestion was a metal archway bearing that slogan, sooo

Jesus loving Christ man.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
We were idiot teenage edge lords and to be fair we never seriously suggested it. It was just a tasteless joke.

The real tragedy is that we didn't pick a "Krabi, die lustige Krabbe" complete with terrible doodle of a crab as our motto. That was in the running but deemed "too weird"

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

waitwhatno posted:

Aufgeregter Dackel Enthusiast
Excellent.

Also, Aufmerksamkeit für Dackel is advertising themselves as being against Muslims and doing a good thing in that.

By helping queers who are hated by muslims.

http://www.queer.de/detail.php?article_id=26667

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Somewhat-relatedly: I have no problem with jokes/puns, no matter how terrible or dark they are, provided:

a) the crowd knows you're joking
b) the crowd is aware/informed of the context
c) the person telling the joke is aware/informed of the context

Sadly, these days telling edgy jokes in accord with that concept probably works less and less, because you can assume that an almost 2-digit percentage of people you meet vote AfD and may, quite possibly, dislike Jews and/or foreigners very much.

/edit:
Fully-relatedly, if you're German in a US university, you'll be on the business end of holocaust-jokes and -puns 24/7, and knowing that 90% of the kids around here know only the basics about the holocaust is soul-crushing

Within 3 months of being here, I complained about something, and some 20-year-old said "Well, why don't you gas some Jews about it?" with a straight-face (for delivery), closely followed by his "Funny, AMIRITE"-face. The crowd's reaction:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 23, 2016

quantum_squirrel
Aug 9, 2006

Mithaldu posted:

Excellent.

http://www.queer.de/detail.php?article_id=26667

My partner and me don't want any contact with Muslim immigrants for whom our love is a mortal sin.

Holy mother of god, do you think die von Storch knows that?

But you forget the best poster of this series:

"Mein marokkanischer Dealer bekommt sein Leben komplett vom Staat finanziert. Irgendwas ist in Deutschland oberfaul und deshalb wähle ich die Alternative."
"My Maroccan dealer gets his life completly by paid by the government. Something is rotten in Germany and that is why my vote is for the Alternative."
Deutsche, wehrt Euch! Kauft Euer Gras nicht bei Marokkanern.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Holy poo poo, the hair on this guy.

Are there more of those?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Was ist schlimmer, Abistreiche oder der Nationalsozialismus? Schwierige Frage.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Why would your dealer need to deal drugs if he gets everything payed for by the state? That does not make sense.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

botany posted:

we ended up going with some really dumb poo poo like "abiogenesis" or something because apparently somebody looked at a dictionary.

Our motto was "Abiose" because after attending the classical grammar school we felt lebensuntauglich.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GaussianCopula posted:

Why would your dealer need to deal drugs if he gets everything payed for by the state? That does not make sense.

Well, he's getting financed, so I assume the shareholder state ones to get some ROI on that MJ. :colbert:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Einbauschrank posted:

Our motto was "Abiose" because after attending the classical grammar school we felt lebensuntauglich.

I always thought that making something out of the fact that "Abi!" is literally Latin for "piss off!" would make for a neat motto, but I could never figure out how

In shooting-news: Not only did the police do a great job imo, but most of the political elite reacted appropriately as well, AfD-morons excluded of course

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Die Leiden des jungen Werthers should be Pflichtlektüre imo, maybe with a bit off luck they only off themselves.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

> GutmenschInnen

What.

I'm amazed how broken a person's brain must be to level that accusation, while following the meaning of the accusation in itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Holy poo poo the tweet replies are amazing! :allears:

https://twitter.com/PoggenburgAndre/status/756579103319482368

The rest of his tweets as well! :haw:

https://twitter.com/PoggenburgAndre/status/756846543005683712
https://twitter.com/PoggenburgAndre/status/756839722820001792