Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm not sure what mission it is but isn't the best way to farm armor to stand on top of an anthill with a flamethrower pointed at the sky?

Yeah.

Hoping the first person to find a trainer for PC lets the thread know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Cheat Engine forums already have some cheats available.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Light Gun Man posted:

One of them removes the weapon/armor limit for online multiplayer so you no longer have to be 70% complete.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Including a table that lets you tell the game how many items you picked up during a mission.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

Including a table that lets you tell the game how many items you picked up during a mission.

I can see why some people would opt down for that one.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

TwatHammer posted:

I can see why some people would opt down for that one.

I've always waffled back and forth on grinding/cheating in EDF in the past. I think this time around, except for the Air Raider I'm playing through with a friend, I might cave. I've certainly played enough of these games straight in the past when they were relevant with copies of the Japanese and PAL versions of the first two as well as 2017 on 360 and 2025 on PS3, PS4 and now PC.

I've already farmed up most of the weapons I can get as a Wing Diver from mission 14 though Monster-S is still eluding me.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Thanks for clarifying the weapon thing!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Obsurveyor posted:

I've always waffled back and forth on grinding/cheating in EDF in the past. I think this time around, except for the Air Raider I'm playing through with a friend, I might cave.

You and me both. Grinding for weapons is a ton of fun, and the armor grind isn't too bad. On your first EDF game...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I'm almost assuredly going to be cheating for armor. I was too old to 'grind' for numbers in video games about 10 years ago.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I got a simple trainer that lets you toggle infinite HP/ammo/Wing Diver energy, it's nice to be able to go hog wild in single-player missions you've already beaten without getting everything handed to you at once.

Also the next sequel should branch out with some enemies based on aquatic invertebrates, because they're rad and wild and cool.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Giant MOLL-USKS?

That would be really cool. More races of enemies would be an awesome mod -- like, a mini campaign of extra levels.

Two pages back, regarding Hectors: You can dash cancel with a shield and Jackhammer. I do fairly well dashing under the Hector and hammering its scrotum to death.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Obsurveyor posted:

I've always waffled back and forth on grinding/cheating in EDF in the past. I think this time around, except for the Air Raider I'm playing through with a friend, I might cave. I've certainly played enough of these games straight in the past when they were relevant with copies of the Japanese and PAL versions of the first two as well as 2017 on 360 and 2025 on PS3, PS4 and now PC.

I've already farmed up most of the weapons I can get as a Wing Diver from mission 14 though Monster-S is still eluding me.

Is the armor separete per class or do armor upgrades apply account wide and just scaled differently for each class?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's separate for each class, unfortunately.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Back on consoles you were expected to grind for armor on Easy with a rubber band on your triggers holding a flamethrower on while aiming just above a black anthill. Or exploit the two player split screen armor duping to turn one thousand hours of grinding into five hundred... though I assume most JP players just hacked their ps3s because I mean really.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
So I was wondering about the DLC weapons, are any worth getting?

I just got this game, it's pretty fun to blast bugs.

What is a good weapon setup for someone that hasn't played 15 missions yet?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Koorisch posted:

So I was wondering about the DLC weapons, are any worth getting?

I just got this game, it's pretty fun to blast bugs.
They were free on the PS3/PS4 and not really even worth it at that price.

edit: except for the anime tanks and stuff, but I never tried those.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Koorisch posted:

What is a good weapon setup for someone that hasn't played 15 missions yet?

Whatever gets you through any mission on Hard or Hardest, so you can start getting better weapons. Mission 14: Preventing Landfall is probably your best bet to start with, because of all the backup you get.

Beyond that, it all depends on your class and what you're up against.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My PC-only friends who had only ever played Insect Armageddon are going absolutely nuts for this game and it's wonderful.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a really bad OP for a really good game.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Pro tip: Join the Steam group! Then join chat if you have open slots or are looking for people. If you're looking for games to join, right click on people playing in chat and look for not-grayed out Join Game options.

Game needs option to reserve slots for group members.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't decide if the laser chainsaw or the giant punchy robot is the best thing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Night10194 posted:

I can't decide if the laser chainsaw or the giant punchy robot is the best thing.

Laser chainsaw is the old standby, giant punchy robot is the new hotness

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Pro tip: Join the Steam group! Then join chat if you have open slots or are looking for people. If you're looking for games to join, right click on people playing in chat and look for not-grayed out Join Game options.

Game needs option to reserve slots for group members.

I thought it had that option? Or does reserving player slots not work for that?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Quicksilver6 posted:

I thought it had that option? Or does reserving player slots not work for that?

You're right. The game's UI is a bit clunky and it's not immediately obvious, like a lot of things, but it's perfectly possible to set specific slots to invite-only.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I am starting to come around on ranger. I kind of like the combination of one of the faster larger clip sniper rifles, along with a big aoe single shot rocket launcher like one of the Goliath models. It gives you some reasonably powerful aoe past the in-your-face range, and you are good at quickly picking off singles. Kind of bad when there is a mass of crap right up in your face though.

Then again, is there anything good with ranger when there is a huge mass of crap right in your face?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Then again, is there anything good with ranger when there is a huge mass of crap right in your face?

This, my friend, is why God created the shotgun.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You're right. The game's UI is a bit clunky and it's not immediately obvious, like a lot of things, but it's perfectly possible to set specific slots to invite-only.

When I set the slots in my game to invite only I lose the option to invite friends to my game, so I dunno.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Night10194 posted:

This, my friend, is why God created the shotgun.
I like the shotguns too. Raggh. Why can't the soldier have three weapon slots? I feel like that is what he really needs to push him over the edge.

I do feel like the ranges on a lot of the assault rifles are annoyingly short. It is why I've been using a faster sniper rifle to go along with the rocket launcher.

Are any of the grenade launchers worth taking? I haven't really been able to make them work yet. The nearly insta-travel rockets are just so easy to use.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

More rockets, except you carefully aim at the ground so their blast radius just barely misses you.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

WarpedLichen posted:

When I set the slots in my game to invite only I lose the option to invite friends to my game, so I dunno.

For some drat reason, I have to use the emote menu to send invites, steam overlay doesn't work apparently.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i wish this game had the sprint from insect armageddon. other than that im having alot of fun.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

WarpedLichen posted:

Yeah, you have to invite using the in-game chat menu you access with your Arrow Keys. Which, incidentally, is how you invited people into reserved slots on console.

It's pretty cumbersome.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

i wish this game had the sprint from insect armageddon. other than that im having alot of fun.

What up edf cardio bro

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
The true zen of sniping with a ranger is that your rocket launcher is your sniper rifle.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dual wielding Lysander Z.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Skip Cutscenes = No"

Still, no Cutscenes play in game.

What Gives EDF, I want to share the goofy story with my GF.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

"Skip Cutscenes = No"

Still, no Cutscenes play in game.

What Gives EDF, I want to share the goofy story with my GF.

cutscenes dont play in multiplayer if that's what you're doing

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Light Gun Man posted:

Dual wielding Lysander Z.

If only your reloads happened when you aren't using a weapon, like with Wing Diver...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person who plays the game linearly rather than jumping around difficulties for equipment. I just go all the way through on Normal, then all the way through on Hard, and so forth. Gotta get all those tiny pointless medals on the mission select screen somehow and using difficulty-appropriate equipment at least makes it more entertaining.

Even I'm not insane enough to play on Easy though, gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Man, Cheat Engine is such a nice solution to the armor grind. Just tell the system you picked up 1000 armor boxes in a mission and be set for a while until you need to hit Hardest or Inferno.