Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Lavos' second form is already a giant imperfect Cell torso anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nappa was also crippled before Toriyama came up with the "Saiyans get stronger the more they are hurt" nonsense.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Vegeta is just more of a space monkey warrior honor bound to fight to the finish. That he cared or not was written well after it was decided he wasn't gonna bite the dust during his own battle.

And seriously it owns so much more that he did it on his code than to be ruthless. That line is delivered with IMPACT!

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

How the hell did we get Vegeta as the good guy? Nappa was far closer to being good.

Well after the Saiyan saga Nappa killed one of the good guys, while Vegeta killed 2 bad guys, so it's pretty clear which team he belonged to from the beginning.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Blaze Dragon posted:

How the hell did we get Vegeta as the good guy? Nappa was far closer to being good.

Bulma.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't they fight Nappa on the Kai planet?

Also I've been holding onto this one for a while: Goku uses a "mad dog attack" versus Roshi in the first tournament. This is written as "kaio-ken."

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I think Nappa should've stayed alive and just been in a wheelchair. That way we have out 90's required handicapped character

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Squallege posted:

I think Nappa should've stayed alive and just been in a wheelchair. That way we have out 90's required handicapped character

If we did that, then we'd need a cool black kid with a flat-top. Like a reverse Chiaotzu.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they should revive Nappa and have him live with Bulma and Vegeta.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

JohnnyCocksville posted:

Also I've been holding onto this one for a while: Goku uses a "mad dog attack" versus Roshi in the first tournament. This is written as "kaio-ken."

Kyo-ken, actually. Pronounced "kee-oh ken".

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

mabels big day posted:

they should revive Nappa and have him live with Bulma and Vegeta.

They should revive him just because it'd be hilarious to see how out of his depth a Saijin Saga Saijin would be by the time of Super. Yamcha could beat him. Pan would leave him in a ball just playing around.

And when that joke gets old they can have him go SSJ just to see what it looks like. Those things alone would make it worth it, you don't even need more reasons.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Squallege posted:

I think they'd have eventually given him a senzu bean

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

pik_d posted:

I think they'd have eventually given him a senzu bean

they'll get around to it after wishing King Kai back

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why hasn't Vegita wished to be immortal yet? He has easy access to the dragonballs, and he still has every reason to need it for fighting! In fact why don't they wish for everyone to be immortal, you know as a proactive measure? It would save on wishes in the long run if they didn't have to waste them reviving people all the time.

It wouldn't even be that weird any more. Most of their friends are immortals now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rutibex posted:

Why hasn't Vegita wished to be immortal yet? He has easy access to the dragonballs, and he still has every reason to need it for fighting! In fact why don't they wish for everyone to be immortal, you know as a proactive measure? It would save on wishes in the long run if they didn't have to waste them reviving people all the time.

It wouldn't even be that weird any more. Most of their friends are immortals now.

Maybe you can't wish for immortality? Or, to be honest, they know death is pretty much fine and got lots of friends on the other side so not a lot of reason to strive for immortality.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Maybe you can't wish for immortality? Or, to be honest, they know death is pretty much fine and got lots of friends on the other side so not a lot of reason to strive for immortality.

It worked for Garlic Jr.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rutibex posted:

It worked for Garlic Jr.

Non-canon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No Super this week, incase anyone wonders why no one talks about it later on.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He only wanted immortality to beat up Frieza. At this point he probably just considers it cheating.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'd say Vegeta just wanted to be immortal just so he could beat up Frieza and take his place as emperor of space. After Goku defeated Frieza, Vegeta's goal shifted to being stronger than Goku, and using the dragon balls to achieve that would probably wound his pride.

And everybody being immortal probably wouldn't fly too well with the Kais. They'd probably summon Beerus to blow up Earth, which would drat all earthlings to an eternity of suffering; floating around space with nowhere to go and no oxygen to breathe.

Edit: ^^^ :hf:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Immortality is not invulnerability.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Slightly Absurd posted:

And everybody being immortal probably wouldn't fly too well with the Kais. They'd probably summon Beerus to blow up Earth, which would drat all earthlings to an eternity of suffering; floating around space with nowhere to go and no oxygen to breathe.

Which is when Super God Vegito Kaio Ken x50 shows them who the new boss of the universe is :ssj:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Aurora posted:

Immortality is not invulnerability.

Just ask the Immortal Phoenix, he died from food poisoning. And Roshi drank an Immortality Elixir but has still been killed twice.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
yeah but he doesn't look a day over 400

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

tsob posted:

Why would killing Nappa cause him to go SSJ?

He goes SSJ when yajirobe tries to call him out on it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Slightly Absurd posted:

If anyone remembers the game where this was one of the endings, shoot me a vgmuseum link. TIA

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Didn't Nappa show up in the movie where all the dead people in hell came back, and Vegeta just blew him up?

EDIT: Oops nevermind, that was in GT, and he doesn't even talk.

JDRockefeller fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 24, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza's army has healing pods or w/e, if vegeta wanted nappa around he could have just sent him home to get fixed up no problem

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If you wanted to retroactively justify Vegeta killing Nappa (because at the time it was really just to show how ruthless and evil he was) you could probably assume that Vegeta thought Nappa was going to get killed by Goku now that he'd been crippled and Vegeta thought being killed by a prince would be a more noble death than being killed by some random low class saiyan.

But there was never that much thought really put into it

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
to be fair the earthlings did kill raditz

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elfgames posted:

to be fair the earthlings did kill raditz

Hahaha, they wish.

He was killed by two space aliens.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ImpAtom posted:

Hahaha, they wish.

An Earthling softened him up, though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kelp Plankton posted:

If you wanted to retroactively justify Vegeta killing Nappa (because at the time it was really just to show how ruthless and evil he was) you could probably assume that Vegeta thought Nappa was going to get killed by Goku now that he'd been crippled and Vegeta thought being killed by a prince would be a more noble death than being killed by some random low class saiyan.

But there was never that much thought really put into it

Except the series itself contradicts this. Goku outright tells Vegeta to take Nappa away, making it absolutely clear he had no intentions whatsoever to finish the job.

People need to stop trying to search for excuses, Vegeta was evil and he was so hosed up that it took nearly the entirety of Z for him to finally fully turn. The Vegeta of now and the Vegeta of back then might as well be two different characters with just how much he grew (even literally, due to Toriyama's style changing). This is like the people who think Freeza is the cause of Vegeta's evil, it's laughable. With an evil genocidal space monkey laugh.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No Super this week, incase anyone wonders why no one talks about it later on.

Thank you.

I want Bardock to come back and see his son as the Super Saiyan God. That'd be so cool.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Hahaha, they wish.

piccolo was born on earth he has citizenship

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Agoat posted:

I want Bardock to come back and see his son as the Super Saiyan God. That'd be so cool.

You may get your wish. Not in-series, but a trailer for Xenoverse 2 shows Bardock travelling through time and seeing the fight between Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Golden Freeza.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elfgames posted:

piccolo was born on earth he has citizenship

Not in Doggle Trump's world. :colbert:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Blaze Dragon posted:

You may get your wish. Not in-series, but a trailer for Xenoverse 2 shows Bardock travelling through time and seeing the fight between Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Golden Freeza.

That's cool as hell. Definitely getting it then.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Not in Doggle Trump's world. :colbert:

king dog is not racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I think Xenoverse the First is something like 75% off through Steam this weekend. Should I be tempted?

• Locked thread