Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Barry was probably the highlight here.

Although the more more or more less exchange was good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Oh, and also, I want no more movies to use the phrase "I'm putting together a team" for at least 25 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that JL trailer supposed to get people excited?

No, it's a Comic Con trailer. It's supposed to show what they have filmed so far.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The tonal shift in Wonder Woman and Justice League from MoS and BvS is MASSIVE.

I liked almost all the footage from Wonder Woman, but it looks like they ran about 75% of the film through the same lovely blue desaturation filter than they did with BvS and MoS.

Justice League looks... interesting I guess? Still love Batfleck, but holy god that Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman costuming and makeup are awful.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that JL trailer supposed to get people excited?

It definitely did a hell of a lot better than the BvS trailers did. Granted, that's not hard to do, and that trailer did feel like they're trying to out-quip Avengers which I was kinda hoping they wouldn't try, but I can at least see myself seeing this film opening weekend.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I was super, duper into that JL trailer and then that loving final line Jesus Christ DC let it the gently caress go.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I hope everyone asks that from Aquaman. Then everyone will get tired of the joke and Aquaman is rehabilitated in public consciousness.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Toxxupation posted:

I was super, duper into that JL trailer and then that loving final line Jesus Christ DC let it the gently caress go.

Seriously, stop trying to make Aquaman a badass, it's never going to work.

Aside from that the trailer was pretty decent, but I'm not getting any hopes up for a movie with Zack Snyder at the helm.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wonder Woman looks pretty good.

Justice League... ugh. That Flash costume is like someone saw the new Daredevil and went "I LIKE THAT, BUT IT NEEDS MORE ARMOR!"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Actually of all characters I'd believe rear end in a top hat faux TDKR but not really he's just a huge dick Batman from BvS would dunk on Aquaman, but that's definitely not the point JL's trying to make (that Batman is a giant prick I mean).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The WW trailer is good, but the JL one is meh. I agree that Cyborg looks a bit ridiculous with all of that CGI.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

Seriously, stop trying to make Aquaman a badass, it's never going to work.

Aside from that the trailer was pretty decent, but I'm not getting any hopes up for a movie with Zack Snyder at the helm.

Make him a bombastic goof that could take out armies, IMO

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 23, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm actually okay if they go with turning Barry Allen into a giant loving goobus because at least that's a personality trait. So the Barry quips worked for me. Also, yeah, Batfleck was killing it there.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Quote =\= Edit

So what are the odds they pull out any of the Flash's crazy stunts with Barry?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I thought Aquaman was one of the good things about that trailer. Okay, Ezra Miller is pretty good as Barry too.

It's just the forced quips, man. From Batman, of all characters.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Batman being a miserable dour oval office has infected DC for three goddamn decades and part of why BvS was so unwatchable. I'm fine if he has a sense of humor, especially since it wasn't Tony Stark-esque quipperoos over Batman's more nonchalant one-liners.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I've only seen Ezra Miller in Trainwreck, so I was shocked to see how much better he looked here all cleaned up.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I just worry about it becoming the Ryan-Reynolds-as-Hal-Jordan thing. Say what you will about BvS (and believe me I've said much), I didn't see a trace of "Hollywood Actor Ben Affleck" in that role, just Bruce Wayne.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Isn't the problem with the GL movie that it's an overstuffed mess full of totally unnecessary canon, not that Hal Jordan made jokes in it? Every complaint about the movie I've seen was that Reynolds wasn't specifically the problem with the movie, it was that he was drowned out by all the everything else within it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Can't tell if I genuinely like the JL teaser or if I'm just really really glad it's not the mopey pretentious "DON'T YOU GET IT?! THEY'RE OUR NEW MYTHOLOGY!" bullshit from Man of Steel and BvS

I can tell that Cyborg looks terrible, though. And thus Teen Titans remains the only good design for that character.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Are we expecting a new Dr Strange trailer at some point today?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Super excited for Wonder Woman. Hopeful for Justice League. I'm still excited for Aquaman, I think he looks fine. Cyborg looks... ok in motion, I guess, but on that group picture, not so much. I'm ok with Flash's costume but I don't really have hard opinions on his costumes either.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh one hand, I like comic flash's costume, on the other, I will admit having everyone in armor and then a kid wearing spandex would look pretty goofy. Probably doesn't need to be that excessive though.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

JT Smiley posted:

I've only seen Ezra Miller in Trainwreck, so I was shocked to see how much better he looked here all cleaned up.

Did the word filter finally kick in for BVS?

Seriously though, that's not the same actor, right?

OnimaruXLR posted:

Can't tell if I genuinely like the JL teaser or if I'm just really really glad it's not the mopey pretentious "DON'T YOU GET IT?! THEY'RE OUR NEW MYTHOLOGY!" bullshit from Man of Steel and BvS

I can tell that Cyborg looks terrible, though. And thus Teen Titans remains the only good design for that character.

:hf:

Right there with you buddy.

The over armored look for most of the characters looks like they are trying to tie it into Injustice 2

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 23, 2016

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Both of those trailers look alright to me. I'm not in love with the flash costume but I don't hate it. Cyborg is a character that I really don't care that much about and he looks goofy in the movie.

The Wonder Woman trailer looks fantastic though. Everything about it looks right.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Lamont posted:

Are we expecting a new Dr Strange trailer at some point today?

Guardians 2 and Dr. Strange are both having new trailers premiere today, but Marvel says they aren't going to be released publicly until a couple weeks later.

They also have "new anti-filming technology" to prevent leaks; whatever that entails.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It lost me at the "I hear you talk to fish" joke.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Marvel would do well to undercut any hype DC can build by just releasing their trailers today (also i want to see them so)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

They need to just put a Doctor Strange trailor out and let DC have it's day

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Guardians 2 and Dr. Strange are both having new trailers premiere today, but Marvel says they aren't going to be released publicly until a couple weeks later.

They also have "new anti-filming technology" to prevent leaks; whatever that entails.

I will never understand a company creating promotional material that's supposed to get people excited for a film, and then only releasing it to a small group of people and going to great lengths to delay it being posted online.

Even if they release it eventually, I'm not going to be as excited to see it a week after I've seen all the other cool things coming out of Comic Con, like the DC trailers for example.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DrProsek posted:

I will never understand a company creating promotional material that's supposed to get people excited for a film, and then only releasing it to a small group of people and going to great lengths to delay it being posted online.

Even if they release it eventually, I'm not going to be as excited to see it a week after I've seen all the other cool things coming out of Comic Con, like the DC trailers for example.

This isn't true for most people. Part of the reason I'm surprised that they had a panel at all after skipping it in previous years is that Marvel knows by now that if they release their trailers in isolation they get more attention and stay in the conversation for longer than if they're surrounded by a ton of other exciting things happening that day. That's why companies hold these trailers back.

e: also Marvel does not and should not care about the dumb rivalry with DC. It's pointless.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I really want to like the Cyborg costume but.... ugh. It's hard being the Cyborg fan in the world besides Geoff Johns and Kevin Smith. I demand justice.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Man I love Wonder Woman's theme.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That Cyborg costume is real loving bad, like "this can't be finished CGI" bad, but the real reason I'm mad is that we're getting DC's Black Friend Cyborg instead of John Stewart, who I loved in the Justice League cartoon. I know the Green Lantern Corps movie will have multiple Lanterns but I don't trust Johns not to make it all about Hal.

I still don't get it. Nobody likes Cyborg. What the gently caress.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

MrAristocrates posted:

That Cyborg costume is real loving bad, like "this can't be finished CGI" bad, but the real reason I'm mad is that we're getting DC's Black Friend Cyborg instead of John Stewart, who I loved in the Justice League cartoon. I know the Green Lantern Corps movie will have multiple Lanterns but I don't trust Johns not to make it all about Hal.

I still don't get it. Nobody likes Cyborg. What the gently caress.

Johns and Kevin Smith like Cyborg.

"There are dozens of us! Dozens!"

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Koalas March posted:

I really want to like the Cyborg costume but.... ugh. It's hard being the Cyborg fan in the world besides Geoff Johns and Kevin Smith. I demand justice.

Don't worry, you're not alone. Booyah! The A-Team!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

DrProsek posted:

It's partly for damage control reasons. If the trailer shits the bed with the small audience they can clamp down on it easier and rework it.

I'm sure the comiccon runners push it being exclusive pretty hard as well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It also builds hype if the word is good and makes people WANT to see it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

"I'm real when it's useful" is a real good Batman line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They forgot to put a song from the Wayne's World soundtrack on the new Suicide Squad trailer.

• Locked thread