Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

all my cummies

that looks super good. Though WEIRD that she's beating the poo poo out of soldiers and taking sides in world war 1

That's not a bug that's a feature.

Because it doesn't matter what side you take in World War 1

You're hosed no matter what. No one won that war.

It's seriously the best reason for her to abandon humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
On the plus side, Fokker Eindeckers are cool. Also, it's Dawn from The Office! Didn't know she was in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No Superman in the trailer at all. Not even a hint. He's in that picture but that's it.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Rhyno posted:

No Superman in the trailer at all. Not even a hint. He's in that picture but that's it.

Well yeah; he's dead.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Well yeah; he's dead.
He got better

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rhyno posted:

They aren't done shooting yet, it will look better. Look how much better Doomsday looked from the first trailer to the final release.

Also that trailer was great.

Edit: I hate to say it but movie Barry's mask looks way better than tv Barry's.

Someone needs to do a compilation comparing early trailers or promotional material with finished movies. I vaguely remember Thor looking awful in the first pictures that were published.

As for the trailer, I am so down for vodka-swigging Aquaman who turns into a shower gel commercial.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Grendels Dad posted:

Someone needs to do a compilation comparing early trailers or promotional material with finished movies. I vaguely remember Thor looking awful in the first pictures that were published.

As for the trailer, I am so down for vodka-swigging Aquaman who turns into a shower gel commercial.

Thor's armor did looked very plastic in the first trailer.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

My expectations and hopes for Wonder Woman just went nuclear. It looks so goddamn good. Gal Gadot, I never doubted you :swoon:

Also holy gently caress that Justice League trailer. I did not see that coming. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Where is the bondage?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Where is the bondage?

That happens right after Chris Star Trek confirmed that he is in fact a man.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Thor's armor did looked very plastic in the first trailer.

Thor's armor has looked like molded plastic in every movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

Thor's armor has looked like molded plastic in every movie.

It's really bad in the original trailer though. It gets better as time passes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Super high-res shot of the Justice League :allears:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Who's the seventh? Gym Gordon?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I love how Cavill's Superman always looks like he just about manages not to tear his costume apart by merely flexing his muscles. It's like the inversion of sucking in your gut, and it's peak comic book muscleman.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Justice League trailer put together like a beer commercial

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Grendels Dad posted:

I love how Cavill's Superman always looks like he just about manages not to tear his costume apart by merely flexing his muscles. It's like the inversion of sucking in your gut, and it's peak comic book muscleman.

"Perpetual tumescence" is the word Armond White used, and it sticks.

It's a queer-er, prouder, better Superman.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is pretty early to tell but in my opinion, Ezra quickly surpassed Grant's efforts as Flash with that small scene on the JL teaser.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hat Thoughts posted:

Justice League trailer put together like a beer commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbzrhfjlmk

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Grendels Dad posted:

It's such a good attribute to have. The scene in MoS when he's walking down the street in Smallville really shows off just how loving massive that dude is.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Burkion posted:

That's not a bug that's a feature.

Because it doesn't matter what side you take in World War 1

You're hosed no matter what. No one won that war.

It's seriously the best reason for her to abandon humanity.
It was really the nail in the coffin of the idea that going to war was this glorious thing.

I'm going to assume the bad guys are the Germans because people just assume the Germans in WW1 were already Nazis.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The bad guys are going to be men in power.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

No Green Lantern kinda sucks, though I understand they're probably reluctant after the last GL movie

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Jimbot posted:

The bad guys are going to be men in power.

All men are bad guys.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wish we could replace Aquaman and Cyborg with Martian Manhunter and Jon Stewart GL. That would be hella dope. Diverse power set too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Momoa looks real good as whiskey-drinking hardass Aquaman though. Also:

https://twitter.com/retrohan/status/756959191571525632
My thoughts exactly Mr.Rohan on twitterverse. Lol at anyone who thinks that. Ezra's suit looks LEAGUES (:razz:) better.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Away all Goats posted:

No Green Lantern kinda sucks, though I understand they're probably reluctant after the last GL movie

That's apparently a 2020 film too, so if we get a Phase 2 of Justice League it'd probably be for that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

May the reign of comic book movies never end.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Neither suit is that good, but actual metal armor on a character who's defined for being fast, agile, and flexible feels off to me. The fact that it reminds me of the Accelerator Suits from the live action GI Joe movie just makes it feel silly on top of that.

If they wanted to do more than just a guy in red spandex or get away from the suit of the television show, they should have looked into basing his suit off compression clothing. Nothing on Flash's suit looks like it breathes and the ridiculous shoulder pads look like they should restrict his arm movement more than anything.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Maybe this Flash isn't fast enough to not get punched by parademons.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Neither suit is that good, but actual metal armor on a character who's defined for being fast, agile, and flexible feels off to me. The fact that it reminds me of the Accelerator Suits from the live action GI Joe movie just makes it feel silly on top of that.

If they wanted to do more than just a guy in red spandex or get away from the suit of the television show, they should have looked into basing his suit off compression clothing. Nothing on Flash's suit looks like it breathes and the ridiculous shoulder pads look like they should restrict his arm movement more than anything.

They should make the movies like TV shows like my favorite TV shows like Marvel makes the movies like TV shows and those are funny and they make me feel good and they make me laugh like my favorite TV shows and I don't have to worry too much because I know it's good like my favorite TV shows like Steven Universe for example one of my favorite TV shows and that's what they should do make the movies more like TV shows.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, BvS is about a Batman who's a terrible detective, so I guess The Flash being a terrible runner isn't too far off from that.

quote:

They should make the movies like TV shows like my favorite TV shows like Marvel makes the movies like TV shows and those are funny and they make me feel good and they make me laugh like my favorite TV shows and I don't have to worry too much because I know it's good like my favorite TV shows like Steven Universe for example one of my favorite TV shows and that's what they should do make the movies more like TV shows.

Did you miss the part where I said the TV show costume wasn't very good either or something?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Did you miss the part where I said the TV show costume wasn't very good either or something?

I like to have fun :p

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

Based on the Justice League set visit that the press blogged about last month, the DCEU Flash suit isn't made of metal armor. During the Wayne/Allen scene in the JL trailer, Bruce is admiring Barry's suit and while taking a closer look he says "silicon base and quartz fabric, heat resistant.... they use it on the space shuttle to keep it from burning up on reentry.”

Also, Ezra was dressed up as Gandalf while on stage during the JL panel, lmao :allears:
https://twitter.com/bestofezra/status/756964562151149568

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

Counterpoint:

The suit probably has more to do with the lighting that shows up every time Flash is fast than just his going fast.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

GonSmithe posted:

And here's Legion, an FX show about Charles Xavier's son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pep_HiCqYJA

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

teagone posted:

Based on the Justice League set visit that the press blogged about last month, the DCEU Flash suit isn't made of metal armor. During the Wayne/Allen scene in the JL trailer, Bruce is admiring Barry's suit and while taking a closer look he says "silicon base and quartz fabric, heat resistant.... they use it on the space shuttle to keep it from burning up on reentry.”

That doesn't reallhy answer the complaints, though. It doesn't look flexible, it doesn't look breathable, the shoulders look like they restrict the movement of his arms, which need as much a range of motion as his arms. They're trying to solve hypothetical problems with his powers that have, essentially, been handwaved away by the source of his speed protecting him from friction in the same way it gives him his powers to begin with, and in turn creating new ones regarding his range of motion. Personally, I think they chose to priortize the wrong thing.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Counterpoint:

The suit probably has more to do with the lighting that shows up every time Flash is fast than just his going fast.

If it's based on the space shuttle tech like has been said, it's about protecting him from heat and friction.

What's posting the picture of Quicksilver supposed to prove? I never had a problem with his outfit. It works for a guy who runs. Are you trying to make this a Marvel vs. DC thing?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Quicksilver's getup looks cheap and not very superheroic

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Quicksilver's getup looks cheap and not very superheroic

He does get that outfit raiding Tony Stark's closet for whatever's handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Well if you're gonna push for utility as much as form, these are things you have to consider. The same kind of sci fi problems the movie Flash suit exists to address are the same things they just handwave on Superman, and make it look like he should be having trouble moving. Quicksilver's is an attempt to get closer to what a runner or sprinter would actually wear, and sacrifices function over form.

It comes down to what's more important to you I guess, but I think my reasons are valid.

• Locked thread