Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

cvnvcnv posted:

Lmao this game has dope patches but why is my reputation shrinking guys???

From a technical standpoint as these things go Bungie does pretty well. As far as 'we figured out how to run an MMO' not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Hey guys I created a backpack and now it won't me log in at all ~ A division player

That suck bro ~ Massive

/literal months go by

lol bungie does actual patching really well

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Hey guys I created a backpack and now it won't me log in at all ~ A division player

That suck bro ~ Massive

/literal months go by

lol bungie does actual patching really well

:agreed:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
tbf the sunsinger burn bug is pretty egregious in terms of bungie fit and finish

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Uh I just got Queenbreakers and Dreg's Promise randomly after a round of CoE, is this because I've played it a certain amount or what? I didn't rank up with Variks or anything.

e: also did they fix electrostatic mind yet

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Those randomly drop as CoE activity rewards.

Electrostatic mind is still broken as far as I know.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 23, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Maker Of Shoes posted:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is the vendor hawksaw really that much better than nirwens? I was pretty happy with the vendor nirwens once I hit rank 5, I felt like I was doing better with it too. Anecdote reinforcement bias etc etc

does the rank 5 IB shader/ emblem give a bigger rep bonus than than the rank 1?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

kecske posted:

no

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Oh by the way pretty sure the IB "actual level" thing is broken again. There was a LL 3 guy running around with a Fusion/Stickies one shotting people.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kecske posted:

is the vendor hawksaw really that much better than nirwens? I was pretty happy with the vendor nirwens once I hit rank 5, I felt like I was doing better with it too. Anecdote reinforcement bias etc etc

It's an archetype problem. The Hawksaw archetype kills in the same number of bursts except faster.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

kecske posted:

Yes. In PvP in an equal 1v1 I will kill you every single time with my Hawksaw before you can actually kill me.

Hawksaw hits for 25/17 so after 3 bursts of 2h1b you're down. This is exceedingly easy with the vendor counterbalance smallbore roll.

Nirwen's hits for 29/19 so you can't 2 burst anything but the lowest of armor guardians. No one good runs lowest armor.

The Nirwen's Saladin is selling is a sweet gun, and it's probably my new daily driver for PvE stuff, but you're gonna run up against the inherent limitations of the mid impact pulse rifle archetype once you start playing dudes who can use the Hawksaw.

Still, everyone should buy it for PvE and with the balance patch coming up.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
On that note I have no idea wtf bungie is trying to do with the pulse rifle types. At least with the Malok class, which is to the Hawksaw what the Hawksaw is to the Nirwens, it's tough to cross map people without an insane roll (and even then tough because the fire rate is so drat high). The hawksaw is at least a bit more forgiving in terms of gun feel.

Thats not the case with the Hawksaw vs. Nirwens. There's really no reason to use a Nirwens over a Hawksaw in PvP.

Let's not even talk about the Spare change/Lyudmila class right now.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

On that note I have no idea wtf bungie is trying to do with the pulse rifle types. At least with the Malok class, which is to the Hawksaw what the Hawksaw is to the Nirwens, it's tough to cross map people without an insane roll (and even then tough because the fire rate is so drat high). The hawksaw is at least a bit more forgiving in terms of gun feel.

Thats not the case with the Hawksaw vs. Nirwens. There's really no reason to use a Nirwens over a Hawksaw in PvP.

Let's not even talk about the Spare change/Lyudmila class right now.

They got scared of the old hopscotch/messenger's power

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Mazerunner posted:

They got scared of the old hopscotch/messenger's power

Seems like making it shoot slower instead of having to 3 burst would have been the better decision, imho

Drag
Sep 23, 2004

I think I got a Hopscotch right before the nerf. probably never even leveled it. Got a counterbalance/perfect balance/GHF Nirwen's drop and it took me 1 or 2 games to go back to the Hawksaw. I just don't get the drop on people quite often enough to do as well with the slower rof. So far my best Weyloran's is a short gaze/outlaw/partial refund, with snapshot or smallbore from the pick 3. Not incredible, but maybe good enough to stop playing IB.

On another note, is CoO the only place to get a 335 artifact?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Drag posted:

On another note, is CoO the only place to get a 335 artifact?

No, but it's by far the most convenient.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Rip Rasheed

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
lol
http://i.imgur.com/JxyjijN.gifv

Not pictured: me getting wrecked by the guy to my right
http://i.imgur.com/st15nWu.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Soulstealers Claw is good y'all

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
RIP in peace A buff gay dude. Those infraspinatus sets you did in my life will never be forgotten.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

And with this IB, my ever defending this game again in any way is officially over

Loss after loss, and one game we're just bout to win and I get knocked out with a BIRD error

like the game literally gave me the bird

Roman fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 23, 2016

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

free my nigga destiny pubstomper

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Mg? How?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lol

No, that's mean :(

el B fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 23, 2016

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Weird ban. Guess he's due for a new account.

Has anyone used the FWC pulse rifle "The Villainy"? There is one for sale now that has headseeker, glass half full, and perfect balance. This seems like a great build, but does glass half full proc in PvP? Is headseeker still glitched?

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Booties posted:

Has anyone used the FWC pulse rifle "The Villainy"? There is one for sale now that has headseeker, glass half full, and perfect balance. This seems like a great build, but does glass half full proc in PvP? Is headseeker still glitched?

This thread has some decent explanation of headseeker:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4u2pk9/massive_breakdown_of_the_pulse_rifle_specific/

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Booties posted:

Looks good on paper. Falls short in use. Shoots too slow.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Until there's a rebalance there's zero reason to use a pulse rifle that isn't a Hawksaw, PDX45 and somewhat a GoM.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Not possible to get matched with IB teammates that don't have their thumbs up their own urethras. Not possible.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Hmm. Guess I won't bother then. Dead orbit has a shotty I want anyway

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

My full auto hawksaw is tons of fun when I can actually shoot people that aren't teleporting around

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

ohrwurm posted:

when I can actually shoot people that aren't teleporting around

Don't trigger the hunters itt. It makes their autism flare up.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

CheeseFactory posted:

Lucky fucker. What scopes you get on it? I wasn't ever sure braced frame was an option.

Sorry, I messed that up. The third option was Skip Rounds/Rifled Barrel/Smallbore. Currently using a TacSys.

Dumb question, but how do I do that thing where I can show a screenshot of my item?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
You can screenshot it on the Bungie website or take a phone screenshot of the item in the companion app (or Ishtar)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

My Rk. 5 Package also gave me a Colovance with a godroll. IB been good to me this week.

And that Weyloran's March. Currently using the Tacsys, not sure if that's the good scope.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Booties posted:

Na he's been ban evading for a long time now, the fact that it was a completely inconspicuous post makes me think they where watching him already.

:rip: Rasheed.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Turkey Farts posted:

Don't trigger the hunters itt. It makes their autism flare up.

I thought he was talking about lagswitchers. Even a very average player like me has to deal with them now.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
There aren't that many actual lag switchers. Even average play is enough to get screwed over by the matchmaking in this game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I just get suspicious when I get matched against a party of red bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Na he's been ban evading for a long time now, the fact that it was a completely inconspicuous post makes me think they where watching him already.

:rip: Rasheed.

how many more copies of destiny have you bought recently

• Locked thread