Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I'm out so I'll do the write up later but gimme Marko Dano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Sabres select Brendan Smith

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Holy gently caress Paulocaust has $12 million space left and he's only got a 10 person team.
Those bottom two lines are going to have to be bargain bin as hell

So you're saying he's a better GM than he is poster?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

i'll take Ryan Pulock

Only 21 years old and already has shown a really high offensive IQ and has an accurate 105 mph slapper. He should get a lot of time on the PP this year and I expect him to put up a nice point total, Jack Capuano notwithstanding

Also gives my pretend team a powerplay that I really like with a lot of dangerous shooters, could line up something like

Marchand - Tavares - Kucherov
Cammalleri - Pulock

It would probably give up a few shorties but they'd be ripping so many sweet one timers I don't even care

JoelJoel is up

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
poo poo, I was gonna take Hamhuis

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tofes posted:

Sabres select Brendan Smith

You horsefucker.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

VJeff posted:

You horsefucker.

Blame the guy who took Ham House

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
My pick is after JoelJoel's. I am in another country right now and have no data so I'm going to preliminarily pick Jerome Iginla. If Joel picks Iggy, I hate him and you can skip me until I'm back at a place with WiFi

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Menamino posted:

i'll take Ryan Pulock

Only 21 years old and already has shown a really high offensive IQ and has an accurate 105 mph slapper. He should get a lot of time on the PP this year and I expect him to put up a nice point total, Jack Capuano notwithstanding

Also gives my pretend team a powerplay that I really like with a lot of dangerous shooters, could line up something like

Marchand - Tavares - Kucherov
Cammalleri - Pulock

It would probably give up a few shorties but they'd be ripping so many sweet one timers I don't even care

JoelJoel is up

Love Pulock, but you know he's a defenseman yes?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

generally you have at least 1 defenseman on a powerplay

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Joel Joel is skipped and Yaya can pick

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Love Pulock, but you know he's a defenseman yes?

Uhh yeah, that's why he's playing one of the points

I figured Cammalleri could handle the other one cuz I'd rather maximize offense on the powerplay instead of putting a guy like tanev there

I'm confused, where did I give the indication that I didn't know the position of one of the best prospects the team I follow plays

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Technetium posted:

Pro manager

The irl Blackhawks and Penguins are paying their top 10 guys as much as I am.

They most be poorly run franchises too. Or maybe it makes sense to pay the big money to your top guys. Idk. Just spitballing here fellas....

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Paulocaust posted:

They most be poorly run franchises too. Or maybe it makes sense to pay the big money to your top guys. Idk. Just spitballing here fellas....

The difference is the Blackhawks and Penguins pay better players that money - Kane aside, obviously.

I feel like your team would play a lot of 5-4 and 6-5 games.

Yaya prelim picked Jarome Iginla, so Dandy Kaiser is on until 9:26 PM. Infidel Castro is up after.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Menamino posted:

Uhh yeah, that's why he's playing one of the points

I figured Cammalleri could handle the other one cuz I'd rather maximize offense on the powerplay instead of putting a guy like tanev there

I'm confused, where did I give the indication that I didn't know the position of one of the best prospects the team I follow plays

I thought you were posting your forward lines

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Paulocaust posted:

Along with similar cup winning powerhouses the Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I guess this means I can go?

Well then, since defence seems to bee all the rage still, I'm gonna complete my second pairing with Connor Murphy.

Murphy is an excellent skater who started off slow early last season. However, as the season progressed Murphy started to look more and more like a reliable NHL defenceman. Maybe it had something to do with playing with OEL instead of boat anchors like Niklas Grossmann and Klas Dahlbeck, but either way Murphy was logging first line minutes and looking rather decent at the same time. Murphy looks to pair well with Ryan Murray as well; Murphy is right-handed and can be more free to push offensively with a solid defender like Murray with him.

It's a bit of a risk, as Murphy's possession numbers aren't great. Considering the talent and improvement he's shown though, I'm willing to chance it.

i am the bird is up.

L. Eriksson - S. Stamkos - R. Smith
???????? - V. Trocheck - J. Donskoi

T. Barrie - O. Klefbom
C. Murphy - R. Murray

Andersen

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 24, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Phone positing in the middle of the woods with spotty service, but the Sharks take JT Brown who I don't think was taken yet but I can't really check now and last I looked he wasn't. If he was and I miss ed it, I'll take someone new in the morning when I get back to civilization and can actually use my phone reliably

Nelson-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
?-?-Brown

McDonagh-Martinez
?-Garrison

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 24, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I suppose I'll explain the Iggy pick. He's old af but still capable of 20+ goals and will probably end up on the top line with Thornton when the organization gets tired of Radulov's poo poo.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am the bird has until noon, followed by a double dose of VJeff and more i am the bird.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
poo poo, didn't realize it came back around. I'll take Radek Faksa

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Yaya posted:

I suppose I'll explain the Iggy pick. He's old af but still capable of 20+ goals and will probably end up on the top line with Thornton when the organization gets tired of Radulov's poo poo.

His possession numbers this year were absolutely disgusting. All offense zero defense. He is a shell of his former self.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
On mobile, pick coming in just a few minutes

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

i am the bird posted:

poo poo, didn't realize it came back around. I'll take Radek Faksa

son of a loving bitch

great pick, he's a monster -- could win a Selke someday if he can add a little more production

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme noted piece of poo poo Semyon Varlamov

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

son of a loving bitch

great pick, he's a monster -- could win a Selke someday if he can add a little more production

The Selke is pretty much Bergeron's until he retires (he got robbed this year) so Faksa's got time

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

VJeff posted:

On mobile, pick coming in just a few minutes

lies and slander

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If Boston keeps missing the playoffs Bergeron isn't going to win poo poo.

((they'll make it this year))

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

as of 2:28 VJeff is double skipped, i am the bird can pick again

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Jordan7hm posted:

His possession numbers this year were absolutely disgusting. All offense zero defense. He is a shell of his former self.

Thankfully I feel like I have the d core to compensate for this

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'll take Kevan Miller. I'm on my phone and can't tell if he's gone because my spreadsheet app isn't loading, but it looks like he's available?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You'd think it'd be really hard to forget to check a spreadsheet and post two names right after you turn on your computer, but here we are.

Michael Raffl and Teddy Purcell

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'll take Derrick Pouliot I sure hope he plays more!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'll take Derrick Pouliot I sure hope he plays more!

it isn't your turn yet

Infidel Castro can pick, to be followed by the eagerest beaver

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
They resigned Schultz he might not. He has great puck skill/vision but his skating is questionable for a guy that small. He may be heading towards Thomas Hickey territory.

e: I mean ideally the Pens should play them both but I'm not sure they have the balls to. Ian Cole will get 60 games at least I bet.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 24, 2016

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

i am the bird posted:

I'll take Kevan Miller. I'm on my phone and can't tell if he's gone because my spreadsheet app isn't loading, but it looks like he's available?

mother fucker

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Drouin-McDavid-
Silfverberg-Nielsen-Draisatl
Zetterberg-Faksa

Muzzin-Niskanen
Miller-Braun

I like it I think.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

drat, guess I should have nabbed Purcell with my last pick.

No worry though, I'll just help myself to LW Kevin Fiala

Fun fact: Fiala autocorrects to Goals. That's proof enough for me! :v:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Yaya is up followed by JoelJoel and Menamino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

Drouin-McDavid-
Silfverberg-Nielsen-Draisatl
Zetterberg-Faksa

Muzzin-Niskanen
Miller-Braun

I like it I think.

This is tentatively my favorite team, I think. There's a lot to like here though Nielsen's contract is way too long and your second pairing is weak.

• Locked thread