Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that JL trailer supposed to get people excited?

It got me excited. Also why isn't the Wonder Woman trailer embedded. I got it below. My expectations are in outer space. And yooo, when her theme hits at the end though. Goddamn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM&hd=1

[edit] Perfect way to start this page :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm just happy to see Etta Candy. :unsmith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're not supposed to like John Stewart in JLU. You watched it wrong!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I don't even mind the talk to fish line (especially if it pays off with him dropping a whale on someone later in the film like in that one comic), it's the little douchey head tilt at the end that irks me.

Barry looks like a lot of fun in this and that was in short supply last time around so I'm in. Wonder Woman trailer looks solid, battlefield shots look really really cool. Swatting away mortar shots :black101:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Why the hell did they throw all that extra detailing on Batman's costume? the one from BvS was about as perfect as I thought a film Batman costume could be largely because of it's simplicity. Those bullshit six-pack armor plates look awful

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dacap posted:

Why the hell did they throw all that extra detailing on Batman's costume? the one from BvS was about as perfect as I thought a film Batman costume could be largely because of it's simplicity. Those bullshit six-pack armor plates look awful

Because if they don't make noticeable costume changes they can't sell new toys

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Travis343 posted:

"I'm real when it's useful" is a real good Batman line

I love it because it's the perfect blending of "Batman is a myth in Gotham" and "But he has a literal signal they flash in the sky".

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Super high-res shot of the Justice League :allears:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

All those costume would looks so much better if they held back on making everything so textured and had some flat areas for contrast. They're all so goddamn busy, except for Wonder Woman's. They make the Injustice suits look restrained in comparison.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman is on a team with Superman and Aquaman now.

You better believe he's going to enhance his abs. He probably plumped up the crotch too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MrAristocrates posted:

This isn't true for most people. Part of the reason I'm surprised that they had a panel at all after skipping it in previous years is that Marvel knows by now that if they release their trailers in isolation they get more attention and stay in the conversation for longer than if they're surrounded by a ton of other exciting things happening that day. That's why companies hold these trailers back.

e: also Marvel does not and should not care about the dumb rivalry with DC. It's pointless.
Marvel shouldn't really care since they have the love of the people; I don't know why I am describing this like DC vs Marvel is like some Ancient Roman political quarrel, but I've been rewatching Rome so that might explain it

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
There's no pleasing some of you fuckers. It looks to me like they're at least trying to make Justice League fun, and that's all I really wanted. The movie might still be a mess, but if it's a fun mess with jokes and at least one person who smiles occasionally it'll be a vast improvement.

Also, I kind of love the idea that Bruce just can't stop himself from being a bit of a douche.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I think the Justice League script is all Chris Terrio this time around, instead of having any Goyer in its DNA like BvS did.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wonder Woman looks pretty good. I liked the Justice League trailer but yeah, those costumes are godawful for Flash and especially Cyborg.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

These last few days have been a roller coaster ride of liking and then hating DC.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

teagone posted:

Super high-res shot of the Justice League :allears:

Hahaha, Supes and Wondy's heads are so awkwardly shopped in here.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

I was super, duper into that JL trailer and then that loving final line Jesus Christ DC let it the gently caress go.

BSS Movie Thread: Do you talk to fish? ...You will.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

X-O posted:

Wonder Woman looks pretty good. I liked the Justice League trailer but yeah, those costumes are godawful for Flash and especially Cyborg.

I'll agree with Cyborg, since its not like the source material was a good foundation to work with anyways (hopefully his character makes up for his appearance in the film), but what don't you like about the Flash's costume? I think it looks really good. I love how vibrant and saturated the red is.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Not a fan of Flash or Cyborg's designs, but Teen Titans had the only design for Cyborg I've liked, including the comics. Just making him bald does so much for his design in general.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

DrProsek posted:

I will never understand a company creating promotional material that's supposed to get people excited for a film, and then only releasing it to a small group of people and going to great lengths to delay it being posted online.

Even if they release it eventually, I'm not going to be as excited to see it a week after I've seen all the other cool things coming out of Comic Con, like the DC trailers for example.

James Gunn has been adamant that what they're showing of guardians today is super rough and won't stand up to repeated viewings. Going by people's reactions to the unfinished VFX in the first GotG trailer, not releasing what they're showing today might not be a bad idea.

Dr Strange is a different matter of course.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chaos Hippy posted:

There's no pleasing some of you fuckers. It looks to me like they're at least trying to make Justice League fun, and that's all I really wanted.
Doesn't feel organic and seems like a rush against the critical/fan backlash to BvS.

Batman's "I thought she was with you" works, and it works really well, because it shows a turn in the character dynamics and it's kind of earned. LOL U TALK 2 FISH is just lazy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WW looks amazing, I don't have anything bad to say about that trailer. Does anybody know who the villain is? I'm assuming Ares is involved but I could see Circe being behind it. Circe's always behind it.

Justice League is going to have to try a little harder to win me over after BvS but Barry seems pretty charming and I really like Aquaman. I already liked Affleck and Gadot in BvS despite the script/direction they had to work with so JL might end up being overall good. The line about talking to fish puts me so badly on edge considering how much Geoff Johns is involved though. Come on Geoff. You're creating the stigma through constant attempts to remove it. Just let him be Aquaman and be cool.

I don't think anything on this earth could make me give a poo poo about Cyborg though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

teagone posted:

I'll agree with Cyborg, since its not like the source material was a good foundation to work with anyways (hopefully his character makes up for his appearance in the film), but what don't you like about the Flash's costume? I think it looks really good. I love how vibrant and saturated the red is.

If that's the temporary piecemeal homemade suit then it's fine. But I don't think it is because it doesn't look homemade at all. It's just too busy and armor like. It should be sleek and simple for Flash.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Someone on Facebook said The Flash looks a bit like Psycho Ranger Red from Power Rangers in Space and now that's all I can see. It's not exact, but it's got the same red and black scheme with a crotch arrow.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I like how bright the red is but just look at it. It's all segmented with these weird lines crisscrossing it all over. It's basically exactly what I was expecting given the state of costume design in superhero movies these days but Goddamn that's a lovely costume.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, the Batman/Flash scene really bothered me and I couldn't put words to it until someone said "You know, the Flash is really Peter Parker" and suddenly it made sense to me.

That whole scene felt like Batman was coming to recruit Peter Parker and reminded me of Tony showing up in Peter's house in Civil War.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

You know, the Batman/Flash scene really bothered me and I couldn't put words to it until someone said "You know, the Flash is really Peter Parker" and suddenly it made sense to me.

That whole scene felt like Batman was coming to recruit Peter Parker and reminded me of Tony showing up in Peter's house in Civil War.

To be fair, Stark didn't try and shoot Spider-Man with a repulsor glove.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

MH Knights posted:

BSS Movie Thread: Do you talk to fish? ...You will.

:golfclap:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

The whole trailer in general felt to me like someone said "Man, people want our movies to be less dark and more fun? I know, we'll turn Batman into Tony Stark! People like that guy, right?"

Which could be good? I mean making a movie actually fun and enjoyable isn't a bad idea at all, but it'd be kinda nice if they did it in a way that felt a little more unique.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 24, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jamesman posted:

The whole trailer in general felt to me like someone said "Man, people want our movies to be less dark and more fun? I know, we'll turn Batman into Tony Stark! People like that guy, right?"

No, that's what this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiJwpT9OvRQ

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love the batman flying toasters screensaver on the batcomputer

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Still so psyched for this. Every new trailer is better than the last.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I liked the characterization of Flash for sure, but I'm not really clear on why they went with Barry if they're going to make him completely different, plus you avoid any conflict with the show. It's not like there aren't other Flashes to pick from

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I liked the characterization of Flash for sure, but I'm not really clear on why they went with Barry if they're going to make him completely different, plus you avoid any conflict with the show. It's not like there aren't other Flashes to pick from

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Right, stupid question

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I think you just need to accept that the Flash is always going to be Barry Allen in adaptations now, even if the personality is Wally West's

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, Stark didn't try and shoot Spider-Man with a repulsor glove.

I didn't get that impression. I thought it was Wayne's way of introducing himself as Batman to someone he already knows is Flash. The batarang is probably more convincing than a random stranger growling "Hey, I'm Batman."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cythereal posted:

I didn't get that impression. I thought it was Wayne's way of introducing himself as Batman to someone he already knows is Flash. The batarang is probably more convincing than a random stranger growling "Hey, I'm Batman."

It's that plus he's putting Barry in a situation where he really has no choice but to reveal his powers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Marvel panel confirms Lupita Nyong'o as Nakia, Danai Gurira as Okoye, and Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger in Black Panther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Marvel panel is happening now. Michael B Jordan has been confirmed as Erik Killmonger and Lupita Nyongo will be playing Nakia/Malice in Black Panther

• Locked thread