Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

Evil_Greven posted:

Can't a lot of attacks go through defense matrix...? Reinhardt's, for example?

We had some success with a zarya, rein and zenyatta, but coordination with 5 randoms is difficult and frankly it was a struggle breaking one Meka, much less chasing the suit with five more mekas pinballing you to pieces. In the end they were chaining ults and detonating 4/6ths of our team - this was that Russian map on attack point A so cover was limited.

If it was a random 6 stack we were against it's a little concerning they could get so much out of an all pick Dva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Evil_Greven posted:

Melee abilities like Reinhardt's cleaving hammer, no?

I don't know about his charge, though.

it can't stop the hammer or the charge

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kerrrrrrr posted:

so symmetra's gun also works as a gravity gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnL7bTOa-Yk

Hello fun new thing I'm going to find some way to abuse

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Geckoagua posted:

We had some success with a zarya, rein and zenyatta, but coordination with 5 randoms is difficult and frankly it was a struggle breaking one Meka, much less chasing the suit with five more mekas pinballing you to pieces. In the end they were chaining ults and detonating 4/6ths of our team - this was that Russian map on attack point A so cover was limited.

If it was a random 6 stack we were against it's a little concerning they could get so much out of an all pick Dva.

It's what someone else said, people (myself included) used to run D.Va stack comps for fun and on some maps it could actually even work well, but now that D.Va's gotten buffs it's like how in an anime someone spends years training with ridiculous weights strapped to their body and then when they cut them loose and fight unencumbered they're unstoppable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Hello fun new thing I'm going to find some way to abuse

get a junkrat to put a trap/mine on a basketball and carry it around with you

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Manatee Cannon posted:

junkrat / symmetra ship confirmed canon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Manatee Cannon posted:

I was thinking grabbing the biggest pile of nonsense like hanamuras cache of Stuffed toys and bringing them with me to the point and hiding behind them

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'm currently overdue for a loss by 100 games to reach an even 50/50 win/lose ratio in Quickplay.

When I solo queue, it takes 5 minutes every single time to find a game, and I'm now 6 for 6 for the games themselves taking less time to play than to find because I get stuck with pubs who try to solo against teams of 5-6 who are actually communicating. And usually if I manage to take out four people, the one or two people who I leave behind will almost always be able to kill the rest of my team by themselves.

This game does a wonderful job of encouraging you to play with friends.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I played a few matches as Symmetra and the turrets really do nothing at all. In order to get charge for your teleporter within a reasonable time you basically have to jump in there and kill half their team with your beam gun.

The nerf is bad and I hope Blizzard reverts these changes as soon as possible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

I'm currently overdue for a loss by 100 games to reach an even 50/50 win/lose ratio in Quickplay.

When I solo queue, it takes 5 minutes every single time to find a game, and I'm now 6 for 6 for the games themselves taking less time to play than to find because I get stuck with pubs who try to solo against teams of 5-6 who are actually communicating. And usually if I manage to take out four people, the one or two people who I leave behind will almost always be able to kill the rest of my team by themselves.

This game does a wonderful job of encouraging you to play with friends.

idk from what I can tell it does the opposite because it fucks the matchmaking completely when you play as a full group

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just had a fun match as Ana. Enemy Lucio was wallriding in the well when I hit him with a tranq dart.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I've enjoyed the D.Va buff because that means you can actually use her counter now: Mei!
Laugh as you mercilessly freeze D.Va in place and apply some icicle lobotomy. Ultimate coming your way? Freeze in place or wall it off.

Mei may not see pro-comp levels of play, but in the 55-60 bracket she's extremely useful against career D.Va diehards.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I hope mei stays in the low tier because the good ones are loving annoying and I'd hate to see her every single game

Surprised I'm not seeing more mcree because he is the 2nd best sniper in the game right now

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I hope mei stays in the low tier because the good ones are loving annoying and I'd hate to see her every single game

Surprised I'm not seeing more mcree because he is the 2nd best sniper in the game right now

Mei is the best.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I was level 47 in competitive and this game keeps making me lose.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

Why am i connected to Korean people?

Altared State fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 23, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Golem II posted:

Why an i connected to Korean people?

same

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I mean you gotta try these things I guess?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

EMC posted:

I mean you gotta try these things I guess?

I forget, can Symmetra's shield thingy stack with other Symmetras? I think I remember it not working.

Which is sort of silly because Symmetra is awful on her own, gimping her double as well seems like a pointless design choice.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

I forget, can Symmetra's shield thingy stack with other Symmetras? I think I remember it not working.

Which is sort of silly because Symmetra is awful on her own, gimping her double as well seems like a pointless design choice.

do you really want to play against teams of four symmetras + tracer + genji where tracer and genji are literally unkillable and even if they do die they just come back through one of four teleporters scattered all over the map

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

do you really want to play against teams of four symmetras + tracer + genji where tracer and genji are literally unkillable and even if they do die they just come back through one of four teleporters scattered all over the map

With six classes that have only 225 health, all of which are effective only at close range, and with no healer, I'd let them use the teleporters just to spice up the long waits for them to recover from each team wipe.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yes

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

With six classes that have only 225 health, all of which are effective only at close range, and with no healer, I'd let them use the teleporters just to spice up the long waits for them to recover from each team wipe.

only tracer would be at 225, the whole point of his your! theoretical is "what if symmetra shields stacked"

e: even if that weren't the exact comp that i came up off the top of my head based on it being similar to symmetra + zenyatta combos in beta, i can pretty much guarantee there'd be some sweet spot and combination of adding 50-100 hp to the right heroes that would break the game

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 23, 2016

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Evil_Greven posted:

Melee abilities like Reinhardt's cleaving hammer, no?

I don't know about his charge, though.

ask yourself

"could a korean star craft legend stop this with a bullet"

you cant stop a blitzkrieging reinhart

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

must be a glitch, right?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I mean s/he took Widowmaker...

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Added myself to the sheet, down as Europe for region but I often play Americas due to my work hours. Add me on battle.net and we can do fun butt stuff I guess. Also I can't take another match with pubs.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Had a D.VA suck up my entire reaper ult last night. She's the best :3:

She is not the best, however, at Koth maps against a Reinhardt and Zarya who do not give two shits about defense matrix and have some sort of shield up the majority of the time.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Democratic Pirate posted:

Had a D.VA suck up my entire reaper ult last night. She's the best :3:

She is not the best, however, at Koth maps against a Reinhardt and Zarya who do not give two shits about defense matrix and have some sort of shield up the majority of the time.

I was playing last night trying to keep an eye on a Pharah that really liked to rain justice from behind; I see her position herself, call out to my team and was about to bail when I went "Oh wait. I'm playing D.VA!"

Cue defence matrix noises.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Edmond Dantes posted:

Cue defence matrix noises.

defense matrix plink sounds are the best sound in the game

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
I really do resent pub games sometimes because you'll occasionally run into teenagers who try to be as obnoxious as possible, which sucks because a lot of pubs are really chill, communicative and cooperative, but last time I had a long play session (a few days ago) I kept running into the most uncooperative and annoying people. It made me hate Overwatch. It made me hate life.

Really I'd play with goons all the time but I do generally like to take a 5 to 10 minute break between matches (I only like to do competitive).

Anyway I won't be playing Overwatch for a while as I put my gaming computer away because I need to focus on other things, so naturally I'm still reading this thread.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I'm still constantly getting random disconnects booting me to the log in screen in the middle of matches. Only started after the last patch. Tried verifying my files and resetting my firewall exceptions. Anyone have other ideas or am I just boned until they fix something on their end? Basic research has shown I'm not alone, but haven't seen any real fixes.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Where can you see how you compare on a certain character to other players?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've played a handful of games throughout the day and this game feels really hosed up. As roadhog I've hooked + shot + meleed probably 15 people and haven't killed anyone out of that. I either deal no damage or a fraction of their life bar. I popped Pharah's ultimate point blank against two enemies and dealt no damage for the duration of the ultimate. I gave up trying to aim so I played as Mercy and was pulled through two walls by hooks. Not like running a corner to escape from Roadhog, I didn't even know a Roadhog was near, I simply was pulled through a wall and killed.

My ping's fine, nothing else is happening on my network I don't understand.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Wildtortilla posted:

I've played a handful of games throughout the day and this game feels really hosed up. As roadhog I've hooked + shot + meleed probably 15 people and haven't killed anyone out of that. I either deal no damage or a fraction of their life bar. I popped Pharah's ultimate point blank against two enemies and dealt no damage for the duration of the ultimate. I gave up trying to aim so I played as Mercy and was pulled through two walls by hooks. Not like running a corner to escape from Roadhog, I didn't even know a Roadhog was near, I simply was pulled through a wall and killed.

If you can get some videos of these that would be helpful

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk from what I can tell it does the opposite because it fucks the matchmaking completely when you play as a full group

reminder blizz originally planned not to include a soloqueue mode at all and require people to have a full team to even play

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

reminder blizz originally planned not to include a soloqueue mode at all and require people to have a full team to even play

in competitive, not quickplay

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wildtortilla posted:

I had a similar experience in a few games last night. I realized that everyone was just way better than me tho.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm enjoying seeing everyone playing Dva now because I have started playing Zen a lot and she melts with discord orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fabricated posted:

I'm enjoying seeing everyone playing Dva now because I have started playing Zen a lot and she melts with discord orbs.

I've started playing McCree and I appreciate the massive hitbox because I can't aim.