Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
But for a while on Sliders it had Kari Whurer on it and I heard her on the radio one night and she was singing a song about scrotums. True Story.

It went "scrotum scrotum, a sack to keep your testes in, scrotum scrotum, s-c-r-o-t-u-m".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I like babylon 5, it does look like poo poo, but fortunately the CGI poo poo is usually mercifully short. Like someone said earlier in the thread, it at least allowed them to do things other than typical Star Trek "ship in a starfield doing nothing" scenes

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

SLIDERS lol

I remember watching the first few episodes of that way back in the day

did it get BETTER or just turn to poo poo? All I remember is they teleported to some Soviets won the world or Nazis maybe I'm not quite sure.

Sliders started out fun with the first season and interesting concepts. It had bad CGI but who cares.

It started getting worse but I'll sum it up with this short summary that should tell you everything you need to know

"They run across dimension conquering cro-magnon man with advanced technology. The professor is left behind, Wade is captured and put in a Cro-Magnon rape camp. Quinn eventually has an accident where he is killed and merged with some random guy.

Eventually they find Wade who is horrendously disfigured in a tank, begging to just die after years of rape and torture and it ends with nothing being resolved on a cliffhanger. Only Rembrandt stuck around the entire time"

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

thats the kind of feedback I need.

worse than voyager is a drat fine metric for bad

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Sliders started out fun with the first season and interesting concepts. It had bad CGI but who cares.

It started getting worse but I'll sum it up with this short summary that should tell you everything you need to know

"They run across dimension conquering cro-magnon man with advanced technology. The professor is left behind, Wade is captured and put in a Cro-Magnon rape camp. Quinn eventually has an accident where he is killed and merged with some random guy.

Eventually they find Wade who is horrendously disfigured in a tank, begging to just die after years of rape and torture and it ends with nothing being resolved on a cliffhanger. Only Rembrandt stuck around the entire time"

Here is some behind the scenes information about Sliders, spoilers I guess if you can spoil a twenty year show.

quote:

But Executive Producer David Peckinpah wasn't finished. He kicked Sabrina Lloyd one last time by condemning her character to perpetual rape in a Kromagg breeding camp. And yes...it was solely him who forced that idea. Peckinpah was cited in a TV Guide On-Line interview as thinking it was a funny situation to put her in

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm gonna be this timeline's Zefram Cochrane. I've got the being drunk in the middle of nowhere part down to a science.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
But have you got the science down to being a drunk in the middle of nowhere?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Seasons with Jerry McConnell were great, poo poo sucked after they brought in his brother.

Around the same time they changed the protagonist in Earth: Final Conflict to some dopey model guy and made some Philippine guy the main baddie or something. It felt like TV was betraying me.

I always felt they just ran out of imagination or Tracy Torme decided to phone it in or something.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

They brought in his brother? I stopped watching at that point, but based on the ads I assumed Jerry just got super buff.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Wasn't his brother the Bachelor one year?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I look forward for CBS to get super desperate and start stunt casting for ratings.

Get ready for your new Q, Scott Disick and Viral Vine Star Cody Brayson as a mischievous superhacker datamaster who teaches the crew how to smile again.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Germstore posted:

They brought in his brother? I stopped watching at that point, but based on the ads I assumed Jerry just got super buff.

quote:

in the season five premiere "The Unstuck Man", Quinn and his brother Colin were unwillingly used in an experiment by Dr. Oberon Geiger to merge people and parallel worlds together. As a result of this experiment, Quinn was merged with a fraternal double of his who was referred to as "Mallory" (although his double's personality became dominant).

After Mallory was sliding for a while, the Sliders met back with Dr. Geiger in the episode "Eye of the Storm", and he attempted to unmerge Quinn from his double. Unfortunately, Dr. Geiger said that the two had been merged for too long and the only way to bring Quinn back would require killing Mallory. Rembrandt said that Quinn wouldn't want that, so Dr. Geiger ended the experiment and Quinn was presumed to be gone for good.

This thread is about a show better than Voyager. Sliders.

Which Kromagg Nazi General would YOU gently caress?

Also yeah, his brother was an idiot savant Amish or something. He started out being a bumpkin obsessed with corn or something dumb but later having to do the technology poo poo because nobody else was capable.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Binary Badger posted:

Seasons with Jerry McConnell were great, poo poo sucked after they brought in his brother.

Around the same time they changed the protagonist in Earth: Final Conflict to some dopey model guy and made some Philippine guy the main baddie or something. It felt like TV was betraying me.

I always felt they just ran out of imagination or Tracy Torme decided to phone it in or something.

The name was familiar to me so I googled, I remember Earth Final Conflict, but it ran for five bloody series? I honestly thought it barely limped to one or two. To think it lasted until 2002.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'm really torn about life in a rape camp.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.

Germstore posted:

Quin's parents were really from some alternate universe which had been taken over by the Cro-Mags so they pulled a Jor-el and sent their two kids to different universes. Quin went to ours and his brother ended up in some "Everything is Amish" Universe.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
this is all stupid i'd rather talk about voyager

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

this is all stupid i'd rather talk about Enterprise (the superior bad-trek)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I like Enterprise

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

this is all stupid i'd rather talk about voyager

Any Sci Fi show from the 90s is better than Voyager.

That M.A.N.T.I.S. show or that knight rider ripoff with the car that changed appearance or whatever.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I liked Viper.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

criscodisco posted:

I liked the BSG ending. Maybe I didn't need the scene with Baltar and Six walking through the city, but the rest I enjoyed.

It is a shame that cougars went extinct just moments before they landed on Earth.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

criscodisco posted:

I liked Viper.

I think I talked about that in the last star trek thread or so

did you know it lasted more than one season? I think?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I think I talked about that in the last star trek thread or so

did you know it lasted more than one season? I think?

All I remembered as a kid was it got hit by a rocket one time and was hosed up

holy gently caress FOUR seasons? 78 episodes? I thought it was like MANTIS with like one forgotten season or something.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I knew it kept going but every time I watched it it was the same episode l over and over where there was a junkie girl the Viper team was trying to help get clean but she kept relapsing over and over and getting into situations each time that the Viper team would have to rescue her from.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Fat Shat Sings posted:

All I remembered as a kid was it got hit by a rocket one time and was hosed up

holy gently caress FOUR seasons? 78 episodes? I thought it was like MANTIS with like one forgotten season or something.

it got picked up by a cable channel right? I'm not going to google loving VIPER twice in my life but I think it had some story where it got picked up after the first season by NOT CBS or w/e

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I only ever saw it on at like 2am.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
What about "The Invisible Man" from Sci Fi?

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Apollodorus posted:

Nobody saw it :rimshot:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

There's only one thing y'all need to know about Sliders.

The Season 3 episode "Stoker" they go to the Vampire universe and meet Tommy Chong who is a vampire hunter/philosopher and fight the King Vampire who is Hyde from That 70's Show and is armed with an electric guitar that shoots lasers.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Apollodorus posted:

I watched that when it came out, then years later when Hulu first came out and can not remember it at all. Much less how it ended.

All I remember is that it was a gland in his head.

Show still better than Voyager.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I vaguely remember a show in the 90's, I think it was on a regular network. It was about a team of do-gooders and their whole shtick was that they could change the color of their suits and car. I can't remember anything else. Any idea of what I'm talking about?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Apollodorus posted:

Holy poo poo, I just looked this up on wikipedia

quote:

Sources[edit]
Although initially assumed to be a completely artificial creation, the source of Quicksilver was revealed in the second season as originating from the corpse of a sasquatch - AKA Bigfoot - with the creature having escaped detection due to its ability to turn invisible. An attempt to capture a Bigfoot for analysis subsequently proved fruitless, although it was revealed that the Quicksilver gland gives off pheromones that allow it to attract other Sasquatches (Although this is particularly dangerous since the gland is genetically female, with the result that Darien faced being sexually assaulted by a male Bigfoot before he escaped).

What in the gently caress?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Wow. Glad I didn't watch it, then.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That sounds hot, I shoulda watched.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Especially if the guy was sorta otter-ish and the Bigfoot looked like Harry from Harry and the Hendersons.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

y/n ?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Imagine my genuine disappointment when I learned that Vic Fontaine's song "Standin' around by the Alamo" isn't real.

I wanted to hear the rest.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

is that before or after Sasquatch sexual assault?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Eh. I think the red eyes are throwing me off, like I'd definitely get Hep C.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baka-nin posted:

The name was familiar to me so I googled, I remember Earth Final Conflict, but it ran for five bloody series? I honestly thought it barely limped to one or two. To think it lasted until 2002.

In the last season antagonists turned into neanderthal leather daddies with vampire hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Continuing the list of 90-2000s Sci Fi shows that are better than Voyager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ZRSwul7cE