Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Did Alex think he was Trevor Noah

Yes he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I genuinely spent like five minutes thinking 'he never had like, a guest Daily Show bit did he?' before I realized Alex just saw a black dude with a microphone doing a bit and assumed 'oh this is the new Daily Show guy'.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Now that Trump is the official nominee Limbaugh is safe to suck him off at every opportunity in addition to unleashing his torrent of projections.

quote:

RUSH: What a week. It had everything. And it's still not over. Donald Trump continues to surprise even when you think he can't surprise you anymore.
Well, what was that Republican Party? What were Republican conventions, and what was the day-to-day political behavioral pattern of the Republican Party and what was it that we objected to? They tried to prove they were nice guys, right? They tried to show, "No, no, we're not all that the Democrats say." It was a total defensive posture, was it not? We support amnesty to prove to Hispanics we don't hate them. We do this to try to prove to gays we don't hate 'em. We do this to try to prove to African-Americans that we don't hate 'em.

Why do we do that? Because the Drive-Bys and the Democrat Party are out there for years saying that's who we hate. That all we do is hate and these are the people we hate and we're bigoted and we're racist. And so the Republican Party doubled down on nice.
The Republican Party doubled down on non-controversy. The Republican doubled down on crossing the aisle, working together, getting along.

The Republican Party was steeped and buried in a position which had them constantly on defense, never on offense. And that was the result of many tricks portrayed and played by the Democrats. And there are many of these tricks, and they worked, such as Democrats convincing Republican consultants in the Republican Party that the only way to win an election is the independents. And the way you get the independents, you can't criticize Democrats to get the independents. If you criticize, if you are too combative, if you are confrontational you're just gonna send those independents running right to the Democrat Party.

So the Republicans dutifully played along and didn't get into anything controversial, didn't confrontate, and of course they get steamrolled in national elections, presidential elections, steamrolled in the media, steamrolled in the social media sphere and so forth. So last night was a stark and total departure from that. What Democrats think is dark is confidence. What the Democrats think is dark is aggressive. What the Democrats think is dark is honesty.

But let's talk about dark, because Hillary Clinton sends the memo out, and the media dutifully reports that Trump's speech painted a dark picture of America. Excuse me, but who really does that day in and day out and who really has been doing that for most of our lives?

Isn't that the primary problem, that the Democrat Party has so filled the people of this country with pessimism that they don't even react to optimism? They are so pessimistic, they're so down in the dumps, they're so apocalyptic that pessimism is such the order of the day, that anything optimistic is deemed to be phony and a bunch of lies and impossible and untrue. The Democrat Party the message every day is this country is what?

Racist! The Democrat Party every day of my life has been saying that this country is bigoted, that this country is unjust, that this country is immoral, that is country is homophobic, that this country discriminates, that this country has evil corporations which do nothing but target and kill their own customers, that this country is run by a bunch of evil bankers who are themselves creating this wide gap in wealth and the income gap. Day in and day out!

I am 65 years old. Most of my life, the Democrat Party has been pummeling me and anybody else who listens -- and their voters do -- with just how rotten this country is. They wouldn't know how to be optimistic if they tried.
They define the execution. They did it every day. That's how they stay in power. They scare the heck out of people. They tell people there is no future unless they vote Democrat. They tell people that the Republican Party is coming for 'em. They tell 'em that conservatives want to put 'em in jail. Conservatives want to put 'em in prison. Conservatives never want to let 'em out of jail. They tell 'em that if you're innocent and a minority, conservatives and Republicans are coming for you or the government's coming or the country or what have you.

It is a constant barrage -- day in and day out -- to keep the people of this country on edge and afraid.
And they've succeeded. They have succeeded. The apocalyptic attitude among America's youth is overwhelming. The degree of negative... I have chronicled it on this program. I mentioned it countless times. Do you ever see happy, smiling liberals, other than when they are at happy hour or in Hollywood? When do you see it? They're not happy. They don't laugh.

And they're getting everything they want!

They've had eight years of Obama. They've got their national health care plan. They've got their attack on fossil fuels. They have got their education standards implemented. They are well on the way to destroying every tradition that defined this country's greatness. And they're still miserable! They're still unhappy, and their agenda is being implemented. How in the world can it possibly be is that they're not happy?

Well, one reason is they're learning their agenda doesn't work. Their agenda doesn't create this utopia. This agenda does not create this idyllic existence of sweetness and light and love, because government can't do that. And an ideology can't do that. You can't wave a magic wand and make everybody one thing because nobody's the same. The Democrat Party does its best to make everybody the same by defining everybody downward.

The Democrat Party doesn't promote upward. They demonize successful people, they demonize genius, they demonize rarity -- and they do it because those numbers are few. They have created class envy. They have created hatred. They have created anger. They are almost single-handedly responsible for the divisions in this country and this particular president. And they do it by spreading lies, such as "hands up, don't shoot."

That's an abomination, and they continue to do it! So this idea, ladies and gentlemen, that what we got last night is representative of a dank and dark picture of America? Sorry. Democrats own that. Democrats did that.
The people arrived at the Donald Trump convention speech last night already enveloped in darkness, already enveloped in depression and paranoia and fear. The difference is, some of us want out of it.

We don't want to have to think of our country this way. We do not want to have to think of the decline. We do not want to have to be absorbed by it, and we certainly do not want to be powerless to do anything about it. We want to fix it, and we want to bring everybody along with us. Sorry, Hillary, you own dark. You own every agent of darkness. You own every agent of depression. You own every agent of division.

The Democrat Party has exclusive rights to all of the so-called darkness and dankness and depression. Just look at their voters, just look at their constituents, just look at the country. You don't find happiness.
You find 70% of the people in this country think it's headed in the wrong direction. In this country, wholesomeness, achievement, accomplishment, speaking properly -- all of these things that used to be norms -- are now attacked, ridiculed, and mocked.
Here is what the Hillary campaign actually said: "Tonight, Donald Trump painted a dark picture of an America in decline. And his answer -- more fear, more division, more anger, more hate -- was yet another reminder that he is temperamentally unfit..." There was no hate last night. This is another Democrat trick. They categorized passion and deep caring as hate.

There wasn't any hate for anybody last night. If anything, there was love expressed for people last night.

There was a desire for everything that's going wrong to be fixed and quick. There was a desire for all of these systems falling apart to be fixed and quick. There was a desire for the American people to once again feel safe and protected in their own country. There were promises and pledges made on how to make this happen, how to bring about the change. Just think about this, folks. We need change to make America safe. Isn't that the primary job of our government? We need change, we need reform to keep us safe?

What the hell's gone wrong, then?

We need change -- we need reform -- to restore law and order?

For crying out loud, that's the glue that's always held this country together! What in the world has gone wrong, if big change and reform equal law and order and keeping Americans safe? Well, what's gone wrong is Democrat Party. What's gone wrong is American liberalism. What's gone wrong is extreme radical leftism. There's no hate. There is anger. The anger's entirely justified! People ought to be mad, and they are. Seventy percent are dissatisfied with the direction of the country. The anger is entirely justified.

The division? You own that, Hillary, you and your party.

But the hate?

Nope. Not here.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Once again, there was no hate last night, and when the Democrats start throwing that allegation around, you know that they're close to bankrupt and have nothing else to say. There wasn't any hate last night. There was anger, justified anger, and there was love. In fact, did you hear how Trump ended the speech last night?

Folks, I say so much here over the course of just a week, I don't know how much you remember of what I was saying last fall during the campaign in trying to explain Trump. It was so impassioned back then, it may still be, so many people angry at me for not doing this, for doing that, and when you're angry sometimes it's harder to permeate, but I made a point trying to explain Trump to people. And I want to thank Byron York, by the way, for writing that there was probably nobody better able and more capable of explaining how Trump does what he does than me.

One of the things that I pointed out, when all of this criticism of Trump came along that he's bombastic and he's narcissistic and he's an egomaniac and all he does is talk about himself, I said, "You're missing it entirely. It may only take 10 seconds, he may spend 30 seconds, but at every one of these appearances that Trump makes, he makes sure to tell that crowd how much he loves them. He makes sure to tell that crowd how much he appreciates them."

He conveys to his audience, at every one of these rallies, he takes a brief moment, sometimes longer than brief, but he takes time to let them know that he has deep appreciation for them being there. And he did it last night again. The last words of his speech, "I love you." There were a couple other occasions in the speech last night where he dropped from the prompter, stopped his projection, which some called shouting and got conversational.

Those were moments where Trump was establishing the bond that exists with those who have it. Not everybody does, not everybody likes Trump. But those who do have a deep bond, and you who do not like that are not gonna be able to break the bond. Only Trump can break it, and he hasn't done that yet. Not with his supporters.

There's love, is my point. There isn't hate. Hate is not the basis. Hate is not the foundation for Donald Trump's support group. There might be supreme fear, anger, and dislike of Hillary Clinton, but not at Donald Trump. Donald Trump's not inspiring hate, Donald Trump's not living off it, he's not promoting it. Donald Trump loves the people of this country and loves the country and wants it to work.

So the Democrats, when they start throwing around this stuff that there's a bunch of division and hate last night, that means they're bankrupt, they've got nothing left to say about what was said. I think they're running scared. There was a column by Doug Schoen today, he's a Democrat pollster and so forth. He's one of the numerous analysts and commentators of Fox News. He's got a column that the Democrats ought to be running scared after this speech last night. But they're not.

The Democrats are still making the mistake and Drive-Bys are still making the mistake, they're still trying to plug all of this in to what they consider their standard operating, everyday political analysis formula; and they can't do it. And they were stunned last night that their quick reaction polls on their websites show massive acceptance and massive approval of Trump's speech. You could see 'em on camera; they were stunned; they didn't believe it.

You want to talk about hate? How many times have we opened Esquire, how many times have you opened Salon, how many times have you gone to any liberal website and read that Trump is Hitler? How many books did you have to read on how to assassinate George W. Bush? The left is filled with hatred for us. And they don't even disguise it.

But they're never called on it because it's their own team out there mounting this allegation at us. But they are the ones that are filled with a hateful rage. They're the ones and their hate derives from our very existence. They consider us a more dangerous enemy than ISIS, than Al-Qaeda, than militant Islamic terrorism. This own administration, the Obama administration actually has produced written documents from Homeland Security warning of dangerous behavior and riots and civil disobedience by Tea Parties and other organizations of the American right-wing. They're the ones, folks, that harbor all of this animosity.

But it is true, the people of the country are angry, justifiably so. Anybody paying any attention and anybody who wants a better life and anybody who wants a better life for their kids and their grandkids drat well better be angry, because what's happening to this country is being done on purpose. It is not the result solely of incompetence.

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have designs and ideas on this country that are rooted in punishing it for what they consider to be an immoral and unjust founding. They think this country was built by and for rich white people who happen to be Christians at the at the rejection and expense of everybody else. They think it's time to even that score, and that's exactly what they are doing.
They're in the process of trying to tear down every tradition, every institution that has defined this country's greatness. They want the chaos that has ensued. They feed off of it. They live off of this unrest. The unrest and the chaos and the economic disorder naturally cause people to turn to governor to fix this, and who's running the government? They are.

So they are the beneficiaries of people asking for more government power, which is their business. They feed off of this. They cause these things and feed off of it. And people, it's taken some way too long to see it, but the anger, which is not dark -- That's another thing. Just because somebody's angry does not mean it's not justified, and just because somebody's angry does not mean it's automatically dark and dank and illegitimate. That's what they have succeeded in convincing Republicans at large, that any anger, any opposition, oh, you gotta tone that down, you can't win being that.

So the Republicans have toned it down and it just clears the path for the Democrats to march onward with as little in the way as possible. The polls that show satisfaction with the way things are going in the country, the "satisfied with the direction of the country," do you know in the last month are down 12 points? Why wouldn't they be? We've had police mass murders. We have had illegitimate attempts to jail law enforcement officials who obviously didn't do anything. Hello, Baltimore. We have been living the results of a lie from Ferguson, Missouri, for over a year and a half.

It makes logical sense that people would be dissatisfied with the way things are going. And then after innocent law enforcement officers are gunned down in assassination style, who is it that runs in and makes the first attempt to defend the perpetrator? It's the Democrat Party. I guarantee you that doesn't inspire confidence. It doesn't inspire happiness. It depresses people.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/22/democrat_merchants_of_doom_and_gloom_tell_us_trump_s_speech_was_too_dark

quote:

RUSH: Dori in Ellington, Connecticut. Welcome. Great to have you here.

CALLER: Hello, Rush. I first want to say that it is an honor and a privilege to be able to speak to you, and I want you to know that your show has been a part of my daily schedule for probably the last two decades of my life.

RUSH: I really appreciate that more than you could ever know.

CALLER: And I appreciate you and everything that you do for our party. The reason for my call -- and I'm so happy that I got through -- is I want to say that I think that Donald Trump is one of the most inspiring, honest, sincere public officials (if you will), businesspeople that I have heard in I can't remember when. And this is my take on why Donald Trump has the following that he has. Let's set aside Democrats, Republicans, independents, any kind of a party that you want to have out there.

Donald Trump represents America and Americans, and that's why he's doing so well. There is no doubt in my mind that that man is running for this office because he remembers America, its fabric, its foundings, and everything that we are supposed to represent. And I have watched the primary season from beginning to end, and everybody went after him in the worst possible way. They called him a buffoon. They said he was a joke.

And even moments before the convention started, the press still said, "Oh, well, maybe there's a way they're not gonna give him the nomination." He has been up against it from the very beginning, and everybody says he has thin skin? This man doesn't have thin skin! He has thick skin, and he has an agenda -- and his agenda is to the American people, of which I am one. I am very proud, and I hope and pray every day that this man will be elected to the highest office in our land.

RUSH: Dori, I think a lot of people -- I don't know how many, but I think a lot of people -- had similar reactions to Trump last night.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/22/trump_supporter_he_inspires_me

quote:

RUSH: Now, look, Trump did not have any language last night for conservatives per se. He didn't say "I believe in limited government. I believe in constitutional government." He didn't do any of that. But he's got Mike Pence on the ticket as his vice president, who is one of those guys. Mike Pence is as thoroughbred conservative as you can get. And Trump loves him, it turns out. Trump has actually developed a good relationship with Pence. And I think if Trump happens to win, the vice president in this administration's gonna have a lot more day-to-day involvement with things than most vice presidents do. Just my guess.

He talked about our beloved Justice Scalia who will be replaced with a justice of like mind and judicial temperament. So he may not use the language of movement conservatives. He may not know who Edmund Burke is and Russell Kirk. Therefore he may not be steeped in the intellectual classical ways of conservatism. But he certainly is not a leftist liberal Democrat by any stretch of the imagination.

Now, look, none of this he said last night should surprise anybody. Again, folks, I know you can't remember everything I say, and it's a good thing I have a handle on that or I'd go nuts getting disappointed over all the time I'm wasting. (interruption) Well, I mean, why say it if nobody's gonna remember it is my point. I know, you gotta keep saying it over and over again. I don't expect you to be able to recall, when Trump gives his speech, I don't expect you to be able to say, "You know, Rush warned us. He said last September..." I don't.

But I do want to take the time here to remind you of something. And that is this. I warned everybody that Donald Trump does believe in using government. You can't avoid this. And one of the dangers -- I chronicled this, too, and I shared with you the people that have this fear -- one of the dangers that people have in supporting Trump is as a result of what Obama's done.

Obama has used the government and has pretended the Constitution isn't there in order to enact his agenda, and his supporters have eaten it up and they've loved it and they haven't cared. They haven't cared the Constitution gets stepped on. They haven't cared the guy disrespects it. They only care about their agenda being done, implemented; and if Obama has to do whatever it takes, fine and dandy. The danger is that Obama's opponents are gonna feel comfortable authorizing the same kind of extra constitutional power and behavior to fix all of this.

Illustration: Obama does not have the power to ignore the immigration law and the courts have said this. He does not have the power to implement executive orders allowing uncontrolled immigration from illegals across the border. He doesn't have the power to do it. Yet he's doing it because nobody's stopping him, other than one judge.

Well, by the same token, Donald Trump doesn't have the power to come in and write an executive order and erase whatever it is the Democrats have implemented by way of legislation. Just because we don't like it means we can't come in and use almighty executive power and erase it and fix it that way. For example, we cannot legally, constitutionally come in and pass a presidential executive order that does away with Obamacare. And yet people would be perfectly happy if that happened, even though that is a great example of the vast overreach of executive power, as defined by, permitted by Constitution. Just can't do it.

Obamacare was passed by the House of Representatives. It was passed by the Senate and signed by the president. Appealing this, getting rid of it has to come from Congress. I don't care who the president is, he can't go in there and wave a magic wand and sign a document that says Obamacare dies as of tomorrow morning at 6am. But one of the fears people had, and these were anti-Trumpers on the Republican side, one of the fears they had was that because Obama has made such a mess of everything and it's such a crisis, that it's so disastrous that people would unwittingly support the same kind of extra constitutional behavior in a Republican president to get rid of this stuff, which would not be good, either, particularly if you happened to be a constitutionalist.

Now, I don't expect everybody to remember the number of times that I raised this, but I guarantee you're gonna see people writing about it after Trump's speech last night, because he clearly laid out that whatever is wrong, he is gonna fix it. (imitating Trump) "I'm gonna make sure that no country can take jobs out of America without consequence." I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. But a lot of people want him to be able to. And the reason a lot of people want him to be able to is because the Democrats have gotten away with doing that kind of stuff that screwed everything up. And so the fix is necessary, and it's immediate, and it's urgent. So if that's what it takes to fix this and stop this rot and get rid of this poison then by God do it.

But in our government, you don't want one branch of government having that kind of power. Believe me, no matter who it is, no matter who the president is, you don't want them having that kind of power, because it's only gonna grow. Its use is only going to expand. You name for me, who's the last elected official you can think of who said, "You know what? I don't like the amount of power I have. I'm giving some of it back to Congress." Or any CEO or titan. Your Rotary Club chairman. I don't know. When's the last time you saw someone with power -- maybe they resigned, but I mean actually give some of it away. I'm not talking about delegating.

George Washington. Yeah, that's true, and George Washington refused the opportunity to be a king. They offered George Washington king, total unilateral power, and it's only because of the morality of George Washington that we have a representative republic today. The morality of George Washington. Had he accepted the kingship or the kingdom, we wouldn't exist as we do today. But Washington knew that's not what they had engaged in all the Revolutionary Wars about.

So, folks, it's tricky. It's tricky stuff. I mean, some of the stuff the Democrats are doing is destructive, it's immediate. If it's not fixed soon, the effects, like Obamacare, I mean, the tentacles of this abomination are even as we speak in the process of weaving themselves deeply and darkly throughout our culture and unwinding that mess and taking us back to ground zero where we can start anew and get it done right, some people think we gotta do that overnight. "We don't have years to fix this stuff, Rush." And I hear you if you're shouting that at the radio.

So I understand where everybody's coming from on this. No matter what your position, I understand where you're coming from. If you hate Trump, I understand it. If you love Trump, I understand it. Hate Hillary, I understand it. Love Hillary, don't understand it, yet I do. I understand everybody's position on this stuff. Not that I agree with it, not that I accept it, but I understand it. It's my job, man, is understanding why people think the way they do and do what they do. Only then can you actually succeed in persuading.

Now, let's go to the audio sound bites from Trump. He went out there, he had this barn burner of a speech, I mean the immediate reaction the speech was predictable. "My God, he yelled the drat thing. God, I couldn't handle it, he was shouting it, Rush. He was shouting the whole drat thing. It was an endurance test, Rush. I couldn't breathe. I kept saying, 'Tone it down, Donald.' He kept shouting that thing, and he kept shouting it."

And other people said it was intense and it was dark, it was passionate. And I'll tell you, anybody thought that Trump was gonna do a speech -- well, he was who he is. And you can deal with that however you will. But I gotta tell you, I think he made direct appeals to groups of people last night that the Republican Party has been telling us for years they need if they're gonna win.
And he went out and he made appeals to them. And there are some people who are not happy about it. The same people who've been telling me for years, "Rush, we can't win with Republican votes alone, son. We're gonna have to go out and expand our base."

I said, "What's that mean?"

"Hispanics, Rush. We gotta make sure we don't turn them away here with our attitudes on immigration." But then you go after the LGBTQs and you go after the bathroom crowd, you go after the -- and some people say, "Wait a minute." But that's what they've said you have to do. We have to go beyond our base in order to win. It's what Trump did.

I mean, he made direct appeals to Millennials. He made direct appeals to Bernie Sanders voters. He made direct appeals to African-Americans, inner city people, and he did it in the right way. He said, "Your party's destroyed you. Your party's let you down. Your party, people running your lives, have given you crumbling schools, crumbling neighborhoods, no economy and unemployment." He's exactly right.

I've been waiting for a Republican to say that for I don't know how long to properly characterize the Democrat Party for who they are and what they've done. They've gotten a free ride with no blame for way too long because people are afraid to go there. But Trump wasn't. He fired both barrels at 'em. And he said (paraphrasing), "You LGBTQ people, we're gonna protect from you those mad men, those Islamic extremists, we're gonna protect you."

People said, "What?" Trump was acknowledging that the gay bar, 49 people that were gay, it was an attack by Islamic extremists on homosexuality. Trump said (paraphrasing), "I'm not gonna let that happen. We're gonna go after them, we're gonna find them, we're gonna stop it."

Trump made it plain he loves everybody except Ted Cruz.
Let's go to the audio sound bites from this morning, starting at number 24. This is a wide-ranging thing. We just have three sound bites, but this morning was every bit as good in his own way as the speech last night. Just kept coming, every time you thought it was over, another thought occurred to him and he's off and running on it. It was another extreme of consciousness thing.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/22/cruzer_trump_didn_t_speak_to_me
He was practically screaming into the mic all day today! Trump really is raising his energy levels. It's also super hilarious to hear the take of Trump running 11-dimensional chess coming from the usual Republican sycophants now when most of the insider stuff I've seen coming from Trump HQ is that he doesn't know jack poo poo about how to run a campaign.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TildeATH posted:

That's because you can call a white person anything, call them a cracker, a honkey, or any of the "funny" old ethnic slurs that you would have called their European ancestors, and they'll think it's funny.

But you call a white person a "racist" and they will lose their entire poo poo.

That's because "racist" is the only slur that actually offends a white person. They even do that thing where it's okay for white people to call each other racist but non-white people can't because it doesn't have the same context.

It's beautiful once you realize it.

Yeah, this is right on the money. From their point of view, "racist" is the only word that effectively attacks a white person's value as a human being* so it's the one thing it's not okay to call them

*whether or not it's intended to do so, that's how they perceive it

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Chantilly Say posted:

Yeah, this is right on the money. From their point of view, "racist" is the only word that effectively attacks a white person's value as a human being* so it's the one thing it's not okay to call them

*whether or not it's intended to do so, that's how they perceive it

They'd be just as happy just so long as they were allowed to "take the word back."

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

That bit where Alex is like "Get that Daily Show guy up here" and his cronies start violently shoving Andre is unnerving. You can see a flicker of "what the gently caress" cross his face as he is thrown on stage.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hodgepodge posted:

They'd be just as happy just so long as they were allowed to "take the word back."

There's some attempt with "race realist" but that isn't fooling anyone even truth in the middle types.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is really really really hosed up

quote:

Sixteen-year-old transgender teen Ash Whitaker says he and “any other transgender students at the school” were made to wear “bright green wristbands” to allow Nelson Tremper High School to “easily monitor and enforce restroom usage.” He’s filed a Title IX suit against the Kenosha United School District and the complaint alleges that the school “refused to recognize or respect [Ash’s] gender identity and have taken a series of discriminatory and highly stigmatizing actions against him based on his sex, gender identity, and transgender status.”

The suit goes on to allege that administrators and security in the school refused to call Ash by his preferred pronouns and were instructed to monitor Ash’s bathroom usage and report him if he used the boy’s room. They allegedly asked Ash to use a girl’s restroom or a single-user restroom in the school’s front office. According to the lawsuit, Ash stopped eating and drinking so that he wouldn’t be forced into an awkward situation. This led to “dehydration, dizziness, fainting, and migraines.” (For perspective, a recent study found that one third of transgender respondents had limited their food and/or drink intake within the past year to avoid bathrooms, with eight percent suffering at least one UTI or kidney-related disease as a result.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/20/trans-student-school-forced-me-to-wear-wristband-to-use-the-bathroom.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Phone posted:

How has this not been posted here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL8Dz4mGv1g

The last line is so good.

This was also a great bit from this past week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNiqpBNE9ik

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rhjamiz posted:

That bit where Alex is like "Get that Daily Show guy up here" and his cronies start violently shoving Andre is unnerving. You can see a flicker of "what the gently caress" cross his face as he is thrown on stage.

Jones' supporters are the real danger with that dude. Jones will always pivot to whoever the new boss is with his globalist schtick, but his followers are ready for the right signal to start "fighting" and they've been spending alot of time hoarding ammo.

I'd argue that the infowarriors are actually dangerous and I hope the FBI is keeping an eye on them. I wouldn't expect them to start anything on their own, but if the ATF shows up to investigate one of them expect a shitshow. They've been waiting for another Waco/RubyRidge to freak out about and didn't get it with Obama no matter how many lovely films Jones made about it.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Wristbands are so 90's. They should try a more traditional method of identifying undesired outgroups. Maybe a badge of some kind.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Jones' supporters are the real danger with that dude. Jones will always pivot to whoever the new boss is with his globalist schtick, but his followers are ready for the right signal to start "fighting" and they've been spending alot of time hoarding ammo.

I'd argue that the infowarriors are actually dangerous and I hope the FBI is keeping an eye on them. I wouldn't expect them to start anything on their own, but if the ATF shows up to investigate one of them expect a shitshow. They've been waiting for another Waco/RubyRidge to freak out about and didn't get it with Obama no matter how many lovely films Jones made about it.

The Oregon Stupid went no where. Granted a lot of goons here wanted the FBI to drop the hammer quickly instead of playing the long game.

Double granted there's been reports of increased poo poo heels bullying/vandalizing national parks and other easy targets.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Wristbands are so 90's. They should try a more traditional method of identifying undesired outgroups. Maybe a badge of some kind.

That's so discriminatory, though - everyone else can just wear armbands. Something distinctive, maybe with black and white for contrast. Red stands out, maybe use some of that too.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Oh boy

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/756920586744524800

https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/756940372211892224

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Keeshhound posted:

i like stars, they really stand out

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I, for one, am shocked that a cable network obsessed with objectifying women and pushing candidates that obsess over denying them rights would have such a pattern of behavior.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Ugh that NYT article is so disgusting. How bad could this end up hurting Fox News?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Ugh that NYT article is so disgusting. How bad could this end up hurting Fox News?

However much the judgments against them are for, so not much. If anything their viewers will enjoy it.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah unless they get really raked over the coals in court I don't think this will sting too much. Their viewership almost certainly won't care and FOX news isn't likely to mention it to them anyway. Roger Ailes departure might mean some interesting changes in the long run for FOX though.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
And yeah that article is really gross. I don't even know if secretaries in a 1960s office were sexually harassed that aggressively. (Yes, I know many were and worse.)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

So, just a quick thing, but why do people dislike the young turk bloke?

Just in general I mean, he sometimes seems a bit abrasive and very fond of the limelight, but I kind of think that is par for the course for someone working in the media today.

Catching up on threads, but people I know really enjoy TYT. Even the Chapo Trap House guys admitted they're pretty good.

I prefer Thom Hartmann for catching up on the news, but enjoy TYT's take way more often than not. Cenk's a boss. And a giant dork.

Edit: even if you can't stand Cenk or TYT, watch this. https://youtu.be/KdGXD9me8no

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Cenk is the least talented of TYT, but he created it so there you go. He's a blowhard and loves to hear himself talk but that's OK. I've had some respect for him ever since he gave the inside scoop on MSNBC.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

True believers like Limbaugh and Mark Levin call it The New York Slimes so they probably won't give a poo poo because lamestream media.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Rhjamiz posted:

Yeah he was incredibly brave to actually go through go through all that for a comedy bit, it looked like he was one wrong word away from group beating.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Yeah he was incredibly brave to actually go through go through all that for a comedy bit, it looked like he was one wrong word away from group beating.

The punching sounds were hilarious, I'm not sure why.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I love that even though there was a look of worry on his face the first thing he says is I want you to have sex with my wife.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SedanChair posted:

However much the judgments against them are for, so not much. If anything their viewers will enjoy it.

Probably. Their viewers are well trained to reject reality they dislike and are biased against women being treated like people, so Fox will scream loud enough that the Times is evil liberal lies for Shillary. I doubt they'll suffer any lasting problems once their lawyers get through with the cases. If anything, it'll fuel the persecution complex and rage that brings their viewers to begin with.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Hannity responds to Jon Stewart in typical blowhard fashion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfSqc_jS8pk

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"95 million out of the work force." Yeah, pity the poor six year olds in the unemployment line. As for the people who are dying to work but can't get a job, they just need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and not expect handouts. After all, government can't create jobs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I think it's a little bit rich that the conservative base of the party have always been the ones calling for banning books that promote witchcraft from public libraries, decryong vulgar rap and metal music, trying to blame mass shootings on video games, draping cloths over nude statues in government buildings, freaking out about public art exhibits and porn, set up "free speech zones", and who had a collective nervous breakdown over Janet Jackson's tit are suddenly champions of the First Amendment and who are suddenly all up in arms about "censorship".

I mean, a lot of these people are holdovers of the moral majority or at least people who had it passed on to them generationally anyway. Now they're "rebels" fighting the good fight somehow.

Any good compilation of this stuff in a 'remember that time conservatives tried to ban' format? I mean, I could always start trawling the Freep thread but I don't feel like I want that kind of negativity in my life. Innocent question, what exactly is Sharia law supposed to be- besides another scary boogeyman hunting you- because I could've sworn that I heard something about something largely like that already being in practice in the U.S.

I like asking here because people explain things really simply and Wikipedia can be really dense to me at times. :v:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I like how he completely ignored all of Stewart's points in the video.

Also, I thought kids with college degrees were living at home cause they're lazy and want to be on the dole?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I was like, wow, that's really awful, reading the quote.

Then I actually opened the article and realized that's 45 minutes away. :smithicide:

gently caress this lovely state turning slowly more and more Republican. I can't even hope for protests to go to because no one will care in ever more white as gently caress Kenosha. Assholes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

It's hilarious how easy it is to get under people like Hannity's skin.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Who What Now posted:

Lumpy.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Who What Now posted:

Or tha this producer cant use the BLEEP right.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

How many times can you say that to his face before he starts to froth at the mouth?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Any good compilation of this stuff in a 'remember that time conservatives tried to ban' format? I mean, I could always start trawling the Freep thread but I don't feel like I want that kind of negativity in my life. Innocent question, what exactly is Sharia law supposed to be- besides another scary boogeyman hunting you- because I could've sworn that I heard something about something largely like that already being in practice in the U.S.

I like asking here because people explain things really simply and Wikipedia can be really dense to me at times. :v:

Sharia law is the code of Islamic law that is used to govern behavior in an Islamic state. Islamic jurisprudence is an old loving concept, and it looks barbaric as gently caress when used in even the dirtiest armpits of the modern world.

We don't want it enforced in the US, because religious oligarchy is stupid.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 24, 2016

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Hannity is even easier to piss off than O'Reilly because he's much dumber and he can't bring himself to "get it" and play along with a rivalry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

Hannity is even easier to piss off than O'Reilly because he's much dumber and he can't bring himself to "get it" and play along with a rivalry.

Hannity is the literal worst RWM host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

Hannity is the literal worst RWM host.

Mark Levin still exists?