Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I didn't get that impression. I thought it was Wayne's way of introducing himself as Batman to someone he already knows is Flash. The batarang is probably more convincing than a random stranger growling "Hey, I'm Batman."

Oh, I know Batman wouldn't throw it if he didn't KNOW Barry could dodge, but that's a level of confidence and nonchalance about possible injury that Iron Man didn't show in Civil War until AFTER the kid was on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

For Thor Ragnarok they showed concept art for Gladiator Hulk, Hela, and Surtur.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How do you do the DOOM! sound effect Surtur hammering his sword makes, though?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, I know Batman wouldn't throw it if he didn't KNOW Barry could dodge, but that's a level of confidence and nonchalance about possible injury that Iron Man didn't show in Civil War until AFTER the kid was on board.

Batman doesn't have time to gently caress around though.

Tony wanted Peter on his team - Spider-man is a new variable added to the mix, something no one else has seen before. But Tony would have moved forward even if Peter declined to join. And it's kind of lower stakes. Really, what was going to happen if Tony had done nothing against Cap? As far as he knows, Bucky and Cap raise hell. A risk, but nothing world ending (probably)

Batman needs Barry - Superman is dead and something arguably worse than Doomsday is coming and the world needs a united front to stand against it. If Batman can't convince some other super people that poo poo's going down, the whole world is hosed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's a special Super-Fast Non-Sharpened Plastic Batarang.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

X-O posted:

For Thor Ragnarok they showed concept art for Gladiator Hulk, Hela, and Surtur.

Planet Hulk being in a Thor movie is so loving weird and I can't see it working.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The roles of Strange and Wong are kind of reversed in the Dr Strange film. Wong is a Master of Mystic Arts that trains Strange. He's basically the Ancient One's drill sergeant of sorts.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Planet Hulk being in a Thor movie is so loving weird and I can't see it working.

From what's being said, it's not Planet Hulk. It's a Collector-type weirdo throwing the Hulk and Thor into a gladiatorial deathmatch thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cythereal posted:

From what's being said, it's not Planet Hulk. It's a Collector-type weirdo throwing the Hulk and Thor into a gladiatorial deathmatch thing.

Oh that makes a lot more sense.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's a special Super-Fast Non-Sharpened Plastic Batarang.

Oh, right, Batfleck had Prep Time.

Also, the comedy button on the Strange trailer was pretty great, mostly from Ejiofor's delivery.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 24, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Hulk being in the new Thor is the only thing that's made me interested in seeing it so far.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM

That is one trippy as gently caress trailer. Love it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Doctor Strange looks incredible

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddamn that trailer is great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

X-O posted:

:birddrugs:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
That "shamballa" bit at the end is pretty funny.

I love how even the Marvel logo has a super trippy background.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Appears to be official that Vulture is the villain in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Zendaya Coleman is playing Liz Allan.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 24, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone really likes kaleidoscopes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kurt Russell is Ego in Guardians 2.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

X-O posted:

Hahaha I can't wait to see this

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

X-O posted:

For reals? Really?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

X-O posted:

what the gently caress

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Brie Larson is confirmed as Capt Marvel

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
James Gunn you beautiful bastard.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't think he's a planet since he's Star-Lord's father.

They just brought out Brie Larson as Captain Marvel.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel has instantly made me want to seek out Captain Marvel comics. Where should I start?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

X-O posted:

I wish it was even more trippy with the psychedlia and vibrant colors

Still looks awesome though

Roth posted:

Hulk being in the new Thor is the only thing that's made me interested in seeing it so far.
How about Karl Urban as Skurge the Executioner and Jeff Goldblum as Gamemaster?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Say no more, I'm there at release.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
I know it was two pages ago and we are talking Marvel now, but I got to say I really liked the look of Aquaman in the trailer. People were bitching about Cyborg but instead of saying the same thing about something I don't like I will say something positive and say that I really like that they are taking Aquaman in a different look from the comics.
Also it feels like they are missing out by not having Martian Manhunter in the film, and getting Bruce to fill that role seems like they are missing out.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

teagone posted:

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel has instantly made me want to seek out Captain Marvel comics. Where should I start?

You can start with the ANAD reboot just fine. A-Force is a must-read. post-SW 2015 Ultimates is one of the best comics that Marvel's putting out right now. She features heavily (and is written incredibly well) in Ms. Marvel by GWW. She's one of the two main characters of CWII, so you can read that as well. A lot of people hate it but I think it's pretty good, speaking specifically as a Captain Marvel fan. Kelly Sue Deconnick's run is beloved, so you can read that too if you want.

Captain Marvel's kinda...everywhere right now, so there's a bunch of comics you can read.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Spider-Man concept art, don't really like this look for the Vulture but I guess they had to differentiate him from Falcon

Capt Marvel logo

Dacap fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 24, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The downside here is that Kurt Russel was kind of perfect for Star Lord's father. Unless it's a different take on Ego.

Toxxupation posted:

You can start with the ANAD reboot just fine. A-Force is a must-read. post-SW 2015 Ultimates is one of the best comics that Marvel's putting out right now. She features heavily (and is written incredibly well) in Ms. Marvel by GWW. She's one of the two main characters of CWII, so you can read that as well. A lot of people hate it but I think it's pretty good, speaking specifically as a Captain Marvel fan. Kelly Sue Deconnick's run is beloved, so you can read that too if you want.

Captain Marvel's kinda...everywhere right now, so there's a bunch of comics you can read.

The ANAD stuff is not good.

It's not terrible, but super bland.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

X-O posted:

I don't think he's a planet since he's Star-Lord's father.

Apparently the clip has him saying he's created a human form for himself, so we'll probably see him as a planet too

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I agree, the ANAD CM run has been pretty much just sorta there, but it's a good comic to read as a jumping on point for Captain Marvel.

And I think it's vastly improved once it's gotten over its first arc which was inconsistent as all hell.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dacap posted:

Spider-Man concept art, don't really like this look for the Vulture but I guess they had to differentiate him from Falcon

It looks like he glued Green Goblin's glider onto his back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Brie Larson is gonna be a good Captain Marvel.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Roth posted:

It looks like he glued Green Goblin's glider onto his back.
Ha, you're right. I think it's just kinda disproportionately large for him. The mask makes him look kinda generic too but I guess there's an identity reveal moment.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I kinda can't believe how pumped I am by these casting announcements even if we'd already heard about all of them. They're all gonna kill it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nothing can stop a man with wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

teagone posted:

Read all of Kelly Sue DeConnick's run. The first volume is "In Pursuit of Flight."

• Locked thread