Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Bob NewSCART posted:

What are the good mods nowadays? I want a bunch of crazy loving guns and combat that actually makes somewhat sense. And poo poo loads of cool armor.

It's worth checking out the opening posts and the google document as there is some pretty good stuff posted there. Browsing this thread is worth it too, as we do post and talk about mods every now and then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
About the only mod I'd really feel truly sad to play without these days is Vivid Weathers.

But I do have to admit that "sleep or save" really makes survival mode a lot more pleasant.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

SeanBeansShako posted:

It's worth checking out the opening posts and the google document as there is some pretty good stuff posted there. Browsing this thread is worth it too, as we do post and talk about mods every now and then!

Let;s not oversell it. We talk about mods here occasionally at best.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sintax posted:

Or MO sounds kinda messed up

So yeah, MO turned out to be the problem. A clean reinstall and using NMM this time had everything work just fine. MO seemed to really not like extracting stuff from the archives.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I haven't had any issues with NMM and I'm running like 80+ mods. So that has to say something positive about its stability.

I haven't tried MO but I don't see a reason to since I have no complaints at this point.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This seems pretty essential if you hate typing poo poo out in the console.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16718/

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Welp. I've been hoping for a fix to the Rebel Armor's gearless version to fix a bug in the scarf. I take a look on the Nexus and lo and behold, it's gone. Seems like he had a horrible flood of people harassing him because of stuff that happened when they used copies of the mod uploaded on Bethesda's site by someone else and he couldn't stand it anymore.

Honestly, do people really have to be dickholes? This is why we can't have nice things.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I have the strangest bug, I am being followed by a normally invisible cat who occasionally triggers mines thus blowing me up.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

SirDan3k posted:

I have the strangest bug, I am being followed by a normally invisible cat who occasionally triggers mines thus blowing me up.

Glad to see wild wasteland is back

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

SirDan3k posted:

How do you know there is a cat then?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Seashell Salesman posted:

How do you know there is a cat then?

Because I can hear it and it occasionally shows up as a target in VATS, any attempts to attack it crashes the game.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

SirDan3k posted:

Because I can hear it and it occasionally shows up as a target in VATS, any attempts to attack it crashes the game.

This sounds like standard cat behavior IRL, good for immersion.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Glad to hear the spirit of the bad luck dog from Fallout 2 is still alive and well.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

SirDan3k posted:

Sounds like the cat is trying to save you from playing FO4. :P

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

A possibly not terrible reddit survey of good mods?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4u9bjq/fallout_4_mods_to_improve_your_experience_as_of/

We should appreciate their comment about full dialogue interface :) Any of those mods deserve to be in this thread's OP, that aren't already there?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm interested in trying one of the green wasteland mods the next time I start a playthrough, for a bit less barren desert look and more chernobyl look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ6PrJK4Cd8

Any of them have major performance hits or problems?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Weird idea this morning: Synth Cat Mod

Cats can be built at the Robotics Workbench, in a variety of colors
Will exhibit catlike behavior
Can be petted
Can be assigned to different settlements, but not as provisioners or actual workers
(OPTIONAL) Using a plasma or laser weapon, can be weaponized - cat will engage hostile targets, shooting energy beam from mouth and yowling horribly
Weaponized cat may be picked up and used as weapon
Weaponized cat will explode (plasma grenade) on death or (if being used as weapon) on arm crippling of operator (like Suiciders)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Midnight Voyager posted:

Honestly, do people really have to be dickholes? This is why we can't have nice things.

Human nature. People will always be asswipes if they think they can get away with it, and will only ever be nice if they think that they're going to benefit from it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I just installed the Creation Kit and could use some quick advice from a modder. I'm an experienced programmer but have never looked at the CK, papyrus, etc., before. I'm trying to find how "scavenging" is triggered in settlements (e.g., game time that must elapse, conditions that must be met in workshop inventory) but I'm having trouble even wrapping my head around the CK UI and then also finding the appropriate script that details how these things are done.

Anyone have advice for babby's first foray into the CK? Or know where I can find what I'm looking for? Thanks.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hmm, found details in WorkshopScript.psc:
function DailyUpdateSurplusResources
(contains...)

bool bAllowScavengeProduction = true
if currentStoredScavenge > maxStoredScavengeBase + maxStoredScavengePerPopulation * updateData.totalPopulation
bAllowScavengeProduction = false
endif

It also determines scavenge amount, including stations. Daily update, by all accounts, is called every 24 in-game (non-sleep/wait, also non-fast travel) hours (see: http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=StartTimerGameTime_-_ScriptObject ). Scavenging stations are also dealt with via WorkshopRatingScavengeGeneral in WorkshopParentScript.psc.

pmchem fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 24, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

hmm, found details in WorkshopScript.psc:
function DailyUpdateSurplusResources
(contains...)

bool bAllowScavengeProduction = true
if currentStoredScavenge > maxStoredScavengeBase + maxStoredScavengePerPopulation * updateData.totalPopulation
bAllowScavengeProduction = false
endif

It also determines scavenge amount, including stations. Daily update, by all accounts, is called every 24 in-game (non-sleep/wait, also non-fast travel) hours (see: http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=StartTimerGameTime_-_ScriptObject ). Scavenging stations are also dealt with via WorkshopRatingScavengeGeneral in WorkshopParentScript.psc.

I referred someone to a mod earlier that stopped errm, stopping the collection & storage of water and food beyond a certain point, as thats vanilla behaviour, rather irritatingly,
i'm not certain but having a look at the mechanics of that might help as well, and avoid clashes with your mod. Uncapped Settlement Surplus also : Water 2 water & Expanded Scavenge Station Items

oh, and the ck in its present state is a mess, maybe it will be updated, xedit is what a lot of people use instead, however, that has a few issues too.

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 25, 2016

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Hahahahaha the exeskeleton stuff in that CYBER mod make my guy puff up like the Michelin man. That's amazing. Can't decide if it looks so bad I don't want to use it, or so bad I have to use it.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
After having the usual problem of a new patch/DLC wiping out the DLC items from my settlement menu I found this mod that adds very neat little categories for all the DLC items at the end of your settlement menu. Super useful.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I wish homemaker would update for vault-tec, I have too much poo poo built with homemaker assets to drop it

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

HORMELCHILI posted:

I wish homemaker would update for vault-tec, I have too much poo poo built with homemaker assets to drop it

How are they incompatible?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Deified Data posted:

How are they incompatible?

New items just don't show up in the menu, no category for vault pieces etc. Just got this mod which should solve it:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12275/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D12275&pUp=1

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

You should also be able to just use the SKE version of Homemaker to fix that issue.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Don't pick up the Vault-Tec Prototypes if you use scrapall in Vault 88. I found out the hard way that it unlocks all the experiments, but prevents you from building the prototype versions you need to process the quest.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Does anyone have some survival mode-friendly recommendations? I've been having trouble picking things because some of those overhaul mods are pretty cool, but they're clearly meant for easier difficulties.

For survival mode, I particularly like Arbitration's 2.5X damage by player (default is 0.5) and 3X to player. Makes survival mode a lot more fair in my opinion given weight limits and limited ammo.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 27, 2016

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Does anyone have some survival mode-friendly recommendations? I've been having trouble picking things because some of those overhaul mods are pretty cool, but they're clearly meant for easier difficulties.

For survival mode, I particularly like Arbitration's 2.5X damage by player (default is 0.5) and 3X to player. Makes survival mode a lot more fair in my opinion given weight limits and limited ammo.

I did much the same thing until I found that my 10mm pistol was still oneshotting enemies at level 25, and if I saw a grenade indicator it meant I might as well quickload. I used Rulebreaker to change the damage values to something like 1/5x / 2x and now I don't have to stealth kill every enemy with 1 headshot, and I have a reason to use my lasergun now.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

pmchem posted:

A possibly not terrible reddit survey of good mods?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4u9bjq/fallout_4_mods_to_improve_your_experience_as_of/

We should appreciate their comment about full dialogue interface :) Any of those mods deserve to be in this thread's OP, that aren't already there?

I'm using GRASSLANDS in combo with springtime trees 2k textures. Still hitting 60 frames

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

You should also be able to just use the SKE version of Homemaker to fix that issue.

Homemaker really just needs to switch over to script-generated menus instead of being dumb and overriding all the vanilla stuff.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Is there a mod that fixes settlements under attack? Since the new update with Vault 88 I've had multiple attacks happen back to back and it's impossible to defend them all or even play the game since I'm getting them so frequently.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

AfterFather posted:

Is there a mod that fixes settlements under attack? Since the new update with Vault 88 I've had multiple attacks happen back to back and it's impossible to defend them all or even play the game since I'm getting them so frequently.

I don't know of any that just do that, but Uncapped Settlement Surplus includes attack reduction functionality as part of the package. What's more, you can use the config holotape to disable all the other parts of it. Might be up your alley.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Japanese speaking only modder guy has heard you cry for more, so he gives us all Fantasy Knight Power Armor!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
What are some good vanilla survival enhancement mods? I'm not looking for anything that radically alters the game, just stuff that would fit in with the standard survival mode. Right now all I'm using are some basic visual enhancers (shell rain, enhanced blood, pipboy light shadows), and a couple "nice to have" things like survival quick save enabler (mainly because gently caress losing an hour thanks to a crash. I'm fine with it being "hardcore" but even though FO4 is pretty stable I still don't trust it 100%). I also don't really care about stuff like ENB shaders and such because I think the game looks pretty enough already and I like being able to run at a decent framerate.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

What are some good vanilla survival enhancement mods? I'm not looking for anything that radically alters the game, just stuff that would fit in with the standard survival mode. Right now all I'm using are some basic visual enhancers (shell rain, enhanced blood, pipboy light shadows), and a couple "nice to have" things like survival quick save enabler (mainly because gently caress losing an hour thanks to a crash. I'm fine with it being "hardcore" but even though FO4 is pretty stable I still don't trust it 100%). I also don't really care about stuff like ENB shaders and such because I think the game looks pretty enough already and I like being able to run at a decent framerate.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650/ <-Survival Options, exactly what it says on the tin, adds a tape that lets you tweak survival settings such as how often you need to sleep, when you can save, damage multipliers for you/enemies.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Well, if you just want some basic non game altering mods, DEF_UI and Valdacil's item sorting are great (just be sure to customize the latter and select vanilla for everything, by default it makes aid items and ammo weightless). I also use the survival mode console because the game is buggy at times I like the option, be sure to grab the optional version because the guy re-enabled fast travel by default too (don't know if the survival options mod also does the console thing or not).

Beantown interiors just adds interiors to a bunch of buildings that never had them before. Even in concord that means a couple new beds are available, so that might be nice for survival, but I don't know where all it added new buildings so it might just double up on areas that were already good.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

Japanese speaking only modder guy has heard you cry for more, so he gives us all Fantasy Knight Power Armor!

Finally, a suit of power armor for coneheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Okay, I like the smokestack helmet somehow.