Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

teagone posted:

Oscar winner Brie Larson is officially cast as Captain Marvel :allears:

!!!
God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is the music from the new Dr. Strange trailer from its actual score or just stock epic music made primarily for hyping? either way I kind of dig it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Never heard of her but I'm glad I don't have to see tons of posts arguing who should play Captain Marvel anymore.(with all candidates being more people I never heard of)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is the music from the new Dr. Strange trailer from its actual score or just stock epic music made primarily for hyping? either way I kind of dig it.

It's a part of the score for the movie, but I have no idea if it is original or not.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chairman Capone posted:

That Thor logo looks like the intro screen to a 1989 NES game.

When Thor beats an Asgardian, he absorbs a special power from them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

greatn posted:

Never heard of her but I'm glad I don't have to see tons of posts arguing who should play Captain Marvel anymore.(with all candidates being more people I never heard of)

Dude, she was Envy Adams in Scott Pilgrim vs the World!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
New Strange trailer is amazing.

Any chance that those Guardians 2 clips / trailers come out as well? I thought it was announced before that they didn't plan on releasing the Strange or Guardians trailer until after SDCC was over.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

New Strange trailer is amazing.

Any chance that those Guardians 2 clips / trailers come out as well? I thought it was announced before that they didn't plan on releasing the Strange or Guardians trailer until after SDCC was over.

Probably not, Gunn said they were very early work and wouldn't hold up to repeated or up-close viewing.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I feel like Dr.Strange isn't going to mention the vishanti much.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

teagone posted:

Dude, she was Envy Adams in Scott Pilgrim vs the World!

I don't think I could tell you what character that was, I just remember Superman and Rushmore and Asian sidekick.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Having Cumberbatch of all people do an American accent is so silly. Why can't he just be British, living in the states? A huge part of his popularity is his voice.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

well why not posted:

Having Cumberbatch of all people do an American accent is so silly. Why can't he just be British, living in the states? A huge part of his popularity is his voice.

That he sounds so much like Hugh Laurie in House doesn't help either.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love fake American accents.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Chairman Capone posted:

That Thor logo looks like the intro screen to a 1989 NES game.

Hah, so it isn't just me who sees that then.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

howe_sam posted:

That he sounds so much like Hugh Laurie in House doesn't help either.

god dammit I will forever be upset that we couldn't have High Laurie as Strange :(

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

Hah, so it isn't just me who sees that then.

I was thinking arcade cabinet logo myself.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Someone tell me the music in the Justice League trailer is a cover of a Steppenwolf song.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What version of Captain Marvel are they going with though? I'm assuming the most recent Carol Danvers Space Captain protector of Earth?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Cameo posted:

One's from a movie that's wrapped and in full-scale post, going through the real color grading process, with any digital effects having been worked on since even before the movie started shooting.

The other started shooting three months ago, had a basic color pass done on it to make it look reasonably presentable, and maybe has had five or six months of any FX work done, when projects of this kind literally go up to the last forty-eight hours before a world premiere to lock picture on the digital work on the regular. Like it's a rough, rough version of what it eventually will look like.
You're talking to a thread that regularly has trouble with the idea that what you see on set isn't identical to what you'll see in the finished movie. Good luck.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Doctor Strange visuals " Hey , remember Inception? We want that but dial it up to about 1,000".

Also, he doesn't seem to be a rear end in a top hat Doctor in the film. Like Strange was a total shitbag then he became injured.

He better be a rear end in a top hat at the beginning

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GonSmithe posted:

!!!
God drat

https://twitter.com/brielarson/status/757042695537774592

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Suicide Squad clip that was shown during the cast interview on Conan

https://twitter.com/SSquadUpdates/status/757064031316250624

Margot Robbie is perfect.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

MonsieurChoc posted:

Someone tell me the music in the Justice League trailer is a cover of a Steppenwolf song.

The hell. It's the White Stripes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roz5-wdjBg

The Strange trailer is so sick. I want that movie now. The last couple days of trailers has been fuckin' bonkers. And WW. Everything is good folks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Enchantress extended clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb9YXs8JzEk

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Sick. It's funnier already when it's not paced for 'maximum one-liners per minute.' "Please don't touch me" got a special giggle out of me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Justice League teaser definitely screams, "we're like a Marvel movie now, please like us"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Harlock posted:

The Justice League teaser definitely screams, "we're like a Marvel movie now, please like us"

More like "we have absolutely no SFX done except for lightning effects".

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

teagone posted:

https://twitter.com/FiImFeed/status/757021144461504512

Wonder why the Thor logo feels so retro. Thor going back in time? Can Thor time travel, is that one of his powers?

Maybe the world is going to be reborn into a He-Man movie.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

computer parts posted:

More like "we have absolutely no SFX done except for lightning effects".
What does that have to do with the quips and general tone?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Harlock posted:

What does that have to do with the quips and general tone?

It makes a big difference in what scenes are shown.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, Computer Parts is right. Even the Guardians teaser at comic con only had a few scenes shown at the end. Most of it was the prison line up scene. They did that first to test the Groot effects I believe.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Harlock posted:

More like Zack Snyder already demolished Marvel playing by his own rules, and now he's going to obliterate them at their own game :smuggo:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hopefully the marvel-esque tone of the trailer doesn't mean that the DC universe is going to become a bland quip-fest like they did

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

EDIT - no, nevermind. Not worth it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I really can't see how it's surprising for any followups to Batman v Superman to be way more lighthearted. The movie was about making a great sacrifice in order to overcome pessimism/darkness/etc. and it ends with Batman being recommitted to being a real superhero and finally having a partner whose safety he doesn't have to worry about.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Thor logo is a bit concerning - I hope this isn't Marvel doubling down on retro nostalgia. Guardians is enough.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Martman posted:

I really can't see how it's surprising for any followups to Batman v Superman to be way more lighthearted. The movie was about making a great sacrifice in order to overcome pessimism/darkness/etc. and it ends with Batman being recommitted to being a real superhero and finally having a partner whose safety he doesn't have to worry about.

Nope sorry Marvel/Disney owns all humor in movies and all movies with quips and funny lines are Marvel-esque due to the Mouse owning every single joke ever.

In fact I bet you didn't know Marvel invented the very concept of jokes and humor. Checkmate, DC.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

HIJK posted:

Nope sorry Marvel/Disney owns all humor in movies and all movies with quips and funny lines are Marvel-esque due to the Mouse owning every single joke ever.

In fact I bet you didn't know Marvel invented the very concept of jokes and humor. Checkmate, DC.
This man gets it. After Lex Luthor's manna from heaven jar of piss, DC finally bowed to the altar of the Mouse.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
While I expect and encourage a lighter tone than Batman V Superman

It's 2 and a half minutes out of a 2+ hour movie.

You could take the funny moments of Batman V Superman and put them into 2 minutes and give the wrong impression. "I'm a friend of your son's" "I figured, the cape!" "Where does he go? Click his heels and return to Kansas?"

Seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Harlock posted:

This man gets it. After Lex Luthor's manna from heaven jar of piss, DC finally bowed to the altar of the Mouse.

All shall fall before the empire of Disney!

• Locked thread