Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Falken posted:

Unauthorised radio communications... for a faulty brake pedal. What the gently caress FIA. WHAT THE gently caress?

wind your neck in, he is being investigated for the team telling him not to shift gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

pik_d posted:

The FIA can gently caress off picking on Jenson

That's a bunch of god drat bullshit, knowwhatimeanfellas?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Falken posted:

Unauthorised radio communications... for a faulty brake pedal. What the gently caress FIA. WHAT THE gently caress?

I was fairly neutral on these radio bans, but now I have seen in in action, it's bullshit.
It's a busted car that slowed down and ended up at the back. There was no advantage.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Oh ffs!!!

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

What a joke.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Good consistent penalties for flouting the radio rules.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

serious gaylord posted:

wind your neck in, he is being investigated for the team telling him not to shift gear.

Yeah, its absolute bullshit.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

itsjustdrew posted:

Fraud Investigation Agency.

Instigation

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
C'mon NBC - can't the least you do is give me commercials with the little live footage box?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Thanks Ants posted:

Good consistent penalties for flouting the radio rules.

Rosberg got a ten-second penalty, they've tightened the rules since, and Button's just got the equivalent of a 15-second penalty. Seems fair?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Race already incredibly boring.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Poor guy. I pay a fortune for Fox Sports but I don't get a single ad during the race.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah much better he shifts, get stranded and we all get a sc. gently caress off you drip.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HJB posted:

Rosberg got a ten-second penalty, they've tightened the rules since, and Button's just got the equivalent of a 15-second penalty. Seems fair?

Its perfectly in line with what they've said would happen. Everyones just being a retard because its one of their pet drivers.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Sky guys now bending over backwards to make sure that no grandmas in England are offended by Verstappen's comments.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thegasman2000 posted:

Yeah much better he shifts, get stranded and we all get a sc. gently caress off you drip.

A hydraulic failure means he cant shift you moron.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

HJB posted:

Well yeah, actually, I think so. 10 secs = a pitstop on most pit lanes. Just 'cause it's Jense, rules are rules.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Sky guys now bending over backwards to make sure that no grandmas in England are offended by Verstappen's comments.

What did he say? Commercial here in the states, probably missed it.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Haha on you Jense, go get em.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

serious gaylord posted:

A hydraulic failure means he cant shift you moron.

So why tell him not to? Surely they told him because he might end up with no gear. And stranded.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Halo14 posted:

Lmao, calling them out hard

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Halo14 posted:

This is why everyone loves Jenson

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'm bored now.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Siva68 posted:

What did he say? Commercial here in the states, probably missed it.

Team told Max he was in DRS range of Dan and he responded that he was driving like a grandma.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Falken posted:

I'm bored now.

Nando is in 5th now, there's nothing to be bored about.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thegasman2000 posted:

So why tell him not to? Surely they told him because he might end up with no gear. And stranded.

Which doesnt automatically mean a safety car. Is this the first time you've watched F1?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GramCracker posted:

C'mon NBC - can't the least you do is give me commercials with the little live footage box?

You certainly aren't missing anything

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Halo14 posted:

Team told Max he was in DRS range of Dan and he responded that he was driving like a grandma.

Oh, haha. Thought it was gonna be something super offensive.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:rip: Ricky dick's race

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So far I have enjoyed Kimi getting stuck behind, Gutierrez, Grosjean and now Seb.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The FIA clearly intended the radio rules to stop things like "hey Nico brake slightly earlier into T5" but for some reason they've managed to write them in a way that means teams giving their drivers instructions to keep cars in the race has to be penalised and then double-down on enforcing them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Siva68 posted:

Oh, haha. Thought it was gonna be something super offensive.

In england, that is super offensive. They're probably going to get loads of letters from angry old people and somebody is going to be fired.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Suck it Max

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Wow that was awesome between Kimi and Max, didn't Max do a dramatic overtake in turn 2 last year?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Thanks Ants posted:

The FIA clearly intended the radio rules to stop things like "hey Nico brake slightly earlier into T5" but for some reason they've managed to write them in a way that means teams giving their drivers instructions to keep cars in the race has to be penalised and then double-down on enforcing them.

They seem to take the view that once the driver is on track, it's his job to maintain the car alone. But yes, it's a bit silly.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Shitcrappen can't even get past a feeble old alcoholic on old tires, confirmed fraud.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

serious gaylord posted:

Which doesnt automatically mean a safety car. Is this the first time you've watched F1?

Yeah first time, every other time I posted in this thread I thought it was the grinder thread.

Once again the fia misses he point of a rule completely. How was telling the driver to not shift... At all not like be in 3rd for corner X coaching and helping driver gain an advantage. loving poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Halo14 posted:

Wow that was awesome between Kimi and Max, didn't Max do a dramatic overtake in turn 2 last year?

Pretty sure that was Ricciardo.

1500quidporsche posted:

Shitcrappen can't even get past a feeble old alcoholic on old tires, confirmed fraud.

:agreed:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Carth Dookie posted:

Pretty sure that was Ricciardo.

Ah thanks, knew it was a RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Williams are dreadful