Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Do we know when the Carrack is going on sale again? Asking for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/757229133898379264

:eyepop:

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010

Godmode Enabled posted:

Can this be used in the next space jpeg video? Pgabz? Pgabs? Beuller? Beuller?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWxGGyV_YRA

Posting from pages ago...this is more appropriate than you realize. These guitars are terrible and they claim lots of innovations that "lesser manufacturers" have lacked the "vision" to produce.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

don't know why was kinda reminded me of the shark from shark tale.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
lol goons think people are going to go to jail for really bad at game development

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Siva68 posted:

Did none of these drat people play X-Wing or Tie Fighter? When I was a teenager everyone thought Wing Commander was dumb compared to those.

Empty quoting from the past. Maybe if this thread didn't have 100 pages/day I could keep up with it. :smith:
It's cool though guys :justpost:

The whole xwing collection is available on steam for about the cost of a normal modern game. Including XvsT. Guaranteed more fun than all games Chris Roberts will ever produce combined.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

wyoak posted:

lol goons think people are going to go to jail for really bad at game development
I don't personally believe that they'll go to jail but if saying it warrants people like MoMA and Lazrin to have epic meltdowns then I'll say it every post.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Turd Burglar posted:

fluff pieces about star citizen backfire hard months down the road, eg. star marine being a cod killer. i cant wait until we start referencing the article to say, "this is what cig said, what happened? lol"

There is some hard info coming out regarding the NPC-driven economy in Star Citizen. Actual figures and financial modelling being shown, plus in-game dynamically generated news articles on corporate profits/losses. Wow. CIG has been busy.

Catch all this and more in an in-depth, exclusive article in Lithuanian Cooking Weekly, coming to newsstands in August, only $8.95.

Make sure you take a moment to appreciate your monthly CIG Subscriber payment. I'm sure Ortwin does!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did anyone say Derek Smart is our leader yet?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Shut the gently caress up Lazrin

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Thanks to 1946 + mods, I can't think of anything that was in the original game that can't be flown. Maybe the DFS 230 or some other glider, but really everything's good to go which is what makes that game still insanely playable.

Shamefully I never bought 1946. Will have to check it out and see if my squad buddies are around

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

Did anyone say Derek Smart is our leader yet?

#iamderek

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
It's so bizarre to me that people can be smug about an article in a video game mag.

If the game is as good as promised then great, I might even buy it for $20 somewhere down the line. If not then nevermind, they gave us more laughs.

At no point do I think, hmm I should spend $5000 on a pre order.

I know; it's a huge gamble and I was fully aware of the risks when I chose not to spend my disposable income in this manner. I'm just happy to be part of the development of this finished, well reviewed and delivered game.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

wyoak posted:

I too don't think anyone will go to jail, there's more chance some Shitizens will get arrested for making threats when CIG closes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Haha when I was reading the scans I missed the interview. This is some hilarious passive-aggressive bullshit, Sandi tell Chris he's a moron, thx.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

frozenpeas posted:

At no point do I think, hmm I should spend $5000 on a pre order.
Haha, look at this wageslave who can't even make $5,000 of disposable income a day.

loving loser.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hey guys, remember when two top selling mags were paid off to say nice things about the overdue, over budget Driver 3?

e. hosed my sequel number up

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
There should be a reverse disclosure act. Similar to how reviewers must disclose if they received gifts/payment from the company whose product they are reviewing except here they must disclose if they've given money to CIG prior to writing their article.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SomethingJones posted:

Promised:
NPC Generation
Docking and Undocking Tech
Realistic Audio Options
Personally Owned NPCs
Farming
Procedural Tech
Tri-Monitor Support
Hangar and Planet Side Module
Your Name in the Game
Carriers
Getting Everyone into the Same Instance
Lowering Your Wanted Level
More Economical or Versatile Corvettes
Planetary Ship Entry
Repair and Items System Capability
Lowering Your Wanted Level
Manned Turrets
Character Customization
Ship connected to User Online/Offline Status
Picking Up Objects On Planets
Multi-Monitor HUD
Large Ship Damage Control Lockers
Dogfights Through Space Stations
Ship Persistence 
Stealth Game Play 
Ability for Privateers/Corsairs/Buccaneers
Landing on Planets
Procedurally-Generated Environments
Starfarer's Refueling Mechanic
Additional Star Systems 
Rigging 
Anchoring to an Asteroid
Kill Boards
NPC ranks 
Thruster Trails 
Non-Leathal Combat Modules 
Raid Supply Shipments
Owning an Alien Ship
Hidden Ship Compartments
Catapulting Through Space
Locking Ships
Jury Rig Repairing
Dynamic Weather
Starting in the Stanton System
Automatic Battle Flight Pattern
Living Spaces
Insurance for Pilots
Future Mining
Escape Pods Functionality in Alpha 2.0
Personal Armor (FPS)  
Extreme Ship Maneuvers
Your Inventory When The PU Goes Live. 
Start up Sequence for Large Multi-Crew Ships
Voice Commands
Remotely Hacking Ships
Pacing NPC's
Incentives to keep your orginal Ship's Hull 
Game Generated Missions
Communication Between Two Ships
Ship Armor
Controlled and Uncontrolled Space
NPC Crews
Guild Wars
Trading in Star Citizen
Inflation and Deflation
Hiring NPC's for missions
Travelling in Fleets
Tactical Game modes in FPS
Trading weapon in the FPS
Bounty Hunting
Player Generated Content
Loaner Multicrew Ships
Alien Language 
Transiting Between Systems 
Road to Developing Star Systems
Assigning Ships to Landing Zones
UI Customization
Radar features
Future Playable Maps
Ships Developed by the Community
Multicrew Ship Tech
Warning NPC's of Attack
NPC crew AI
Clothing Damage
Character Creator 
Interior Damage System
Roaming Floating Structures 
Ship Parking in the PU
Currency Usage
Hiring Programmers
Vehicles for Planetside
NPC dialogue
Electronic Warfare in the PU
Player Owned Cargo Space
NPC population in the PU
Salvaging in the 'Verse
Ships in my Hangar aging?
A Linux client?
In game Banking
VR in the 'Verse
Medic and Surgeon Skill progression
Mining and resource gathering
Fabricate weapons/armor/ship parts
FPS Armor Types
NPC control in FPS
Join in-progress free flight games.
Hangar parties & instancing.
Heavy personal armor. 
Physical grappling beam.
Multicrew keycards.
Repairing Gold Horizon Space Stations
Taxation
Natural areas in the 'Verse
FPS environmental hazards
Store ore in your hangar
Organic ships
Ship spoofing
Non-combat ships relevancy
Search players for weapons
Flying a ship without a hud
Starting wars between the different races.
Using tractor beams defensively.
Flying while docked to another ship.
NPCs reaction to weapons.
Drop pods for soldiers.
Flying ships while limbs are damaged.
Using characters as crewmen.
Bounty Hunters and known associates.
Org recruiting NPCs.
NPCs using different loadouts.
Resources respawn in the PU.
NPC & Human scanning.

Delivered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zvNOe5n04

Good list but it's missing a lot of features promised for specific jpegs. Core features like drink mixing, astronomy, science & research etc.

If the Hairy Roberts is never in game it's a failure at the first hurdle

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Berious posted:

Shamefully I never bought 1946. Will have to check it out and see if my squad buddies are around

GOG.com is usually better because it has less DRM than steam + easier for mods

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 24, 2016

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
Are they really planning to bring star marine back as a separate game mode because they have literally nothing else but a wip procedural planet generator? The half finished fps they pissed everybody about with by endlessly hyping then pretending it was already in the game and that few of their customers are going to be interested in as a separate game mode.

When CR finally runs this whole mess into the ground the articles about it are going to be incredible.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Cobblers posted:

VR Les Dennis. What a time to be alive.

Cobblers!

Berious posted:

Good list but it's missing a lot of features promised for specific jpegs. Core features like drink mixing, astronomy, science & research etc.

If the Hairy Roberts is never in game it's a failure at the first hurdle

I believe that list is just from a single season or two of 10ftx so is by no means comprehensive, distilled only from the collection of episodes SJ transcribed up to that date, which is what makes it more amazing, because clearly there's more and clearly it's worse.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
From the game magazine translation

“We can now design missions so that you, for example, accept a mission on a space station and the mission will lead you seamlessly to planetary surfaces and back”

Why does this sound like some sort of instance being prepped?
You check your mission from the terminal and it will lead you seamlessly?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

From the game magazine translation

“We can now design missions so that you, for example, accept a mission on a space station and the mission will lead you seamlessly to planetary surfaces and back”

Why does this sound like some sort of instance being prepped?
You check your mission from the terminal and it will lead you seamlessly?

their immersion animations will get so detailed that it eventually the computer plays the game for you

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

stinch posted:

Are they really planning to bring star marine back as a separate game mode because they have literally nothing else but a wip procedural planet generator? The half finished fps they pissed everybody about with by endlessly hyping then pretending it was already in the game and that few of their customers are going to be interested in as a separate game mode.

When CR finally runs this whole mess into the ground the articles about it are going to be incredible.

Unless the gameplay videos we saw were faked they should have just shat out whatever Illfonic gave them to keep backers happy for a while. No need to worry about incompatible codebases when they would just have left it to rot anyway like Arena Commander while Chris made his movie and an intern played around with xml files in the PU.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

you put in your expectations for the game through a series of menus and buttons at the outset and then watch hours of unskippable FMV

the Roberts dream, realized

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

wyoak posted:

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Fraud.htm

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Jason Sextro posted:

their immersion animations will get so detailed that it eventually the computer plays the game for you

Press <<USE>> then 42 hours later the credits roll

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Berious posted:

Press <<USE>> then 42 hours later the credits roll

Kojima would be so jealous

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I'm not saying this is at all likely, because the most likely scenario of CIG failing to make Star Citizen a marketable product is merely bankruptcy and massive layoffs, but it would be absolutely hilarious if they are found to be up to some poo poo that meets any of the various and sundry anti-fraud laws in the US.

The fed really likes to use wire fraud as a catch-all criminal charge when nothing else technically fits or they can't prove up a different, more specific offense, and you most certainly can go to jail for it. Everyone uses computers to transfer cash and it's super easy to make stick.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Xaerael posted:

Someone just loving ban this rear end in a top hat for gently caress's sake. His posts feel like someone has tied me down and proceeded to start evacuating their diarrhea filled bowels into my eyes.

Cut the poo poo. He's answering your questions and discussing his point of view, a view in defense of CIG backed up by his attempts at evidence. This is what you guys have been asking for. Don't want to see his posts? Ignore him.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cut the poo poo. He's answering your questions and discussing his point of view, a view in defense of CIG backed up by his attempts at evidence. This is what you guys have been asking for. Don't want to see his posts? Ignore him.

lol this is funny

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

fuk u

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

It's been too loving long.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

ManofManyAliases posted:

No one has been asking for pro-CIG viewpoints plus evidence, we've just been mocking you two for trying.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

But you said he was a confirmed troll!?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lazrin posted:

because that's not how these agencies work
Setting aside that this is demonstrably false, how does it help you case? You're saying that the undefined “substantial” deliveries are irrelevant to how they're going to go after the malfeasance and misuse of backer money. So you're saying that they're going to look at other things. How does this improve their odds, when they're not going to be swayed by such irrelevances as what features have been implemented (or, in the vast majority of cases, haven't been implemented, or even planned, and definitely not described or communicated).

quote:

i linked you my original post. space combat, fps combat, a large number of ships, landing locations, missions, and so on.
None of that has been delivered. Nothing of it is substantial. It's pre-alpha/tech-demo material that is about to be reworked, by their own admission. And what demo material they've produced is the tiniest sliver of a fraction of what they've promised the product will actually contain. The only thing they've delivered is a large number of concept sketches of the stuff you've listed — none of which actually count as “substantial” by virtue of, you know, being concepts.

quote:

all of that, to a government, law enforcement or consumer investigator looks like substantial delivery on promises, albeit later than documented.
But you just said that they're not going to look at that? So how does it help your case?

quote:

at the very least, it would be *extremely* difficult to overcome those current true facts without an incredibly deep and expensive investigation.
What true facts? That they haven't delivered any of the stuff they've promised? The fact that, at the slightest whiff of legal inquiry they fold instantly? The fact that, for all their bluster about open development, very little about their development is open — PR taking its place? The fact that expense is not a factor in going after these companies (after all, their money is the first that will go towards paying that expense)?

quote:

they talk to the community several times per week informing them of development, developers are active on the forums and the community team is active in social media.

no one is hiding, that's open
No. That's PR, because a very minute amount of that is about development. The rest is — or was, now that they've shut all of that down — about selling stuff and reminiscing about the old days. They haven't shown anything remotely what “closed” development processes show, and we know nothing about the substance of any of the core features and gameplay the game is supposed to offer.

quote:

see above
In other words, it doesn't.

quote:

how so?
People keep asking you about Star Citizen. You refuse to answer.

quote:

not following.
People keep asking you about Star Citizen. You refuse to answer.

quote:

it doesn't.
Then why are you here, since all you talk about is Derek — to the point of obsession — and about goons, neither of which are the topic, but both of which you lash out at with spectacular fury and annoyance. At no point, even when asked point-blank, have you offered any comment on Star Citizen.

quote:

they haven't proven any different than any other game company so far.
So they're not open, then. They haven't even delivered on that point, in spite of their massive PR campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

kikkelivelho posted:

Do we know when the Carrack is going on sale again? Asking for a friend

November, during the anniversary sale

• Locked thread