Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Latest webisode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbUCDkoLzYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thar she blows!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I can't wait for them to get through season 1. I can't remember how many episodes do weird credits things. I vaguely remember there being nothing at the end of episode 2. 5-7 are gonna be a good time when they hit it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Just watched the first 8 episodes of this right in a row while kicking myself for taking so long to get to it. It's really good. It reminds me a lot of a fantasy version of the movie Edge of Tomorrow, which anyone who likes this show should probably also watch. Anyway, on to the rest of them so I can catch up with the thread properly.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

AnoHito posted:

Just watched the first 8 episodes of this right in a row while kicking myself for taking so long to get to it. It's really good. It reminds me a lot of a fantasy version of the movie Edge of Tomorrow, which anyone who likes this show should probably also watch. Anyway, on to the rest of them so I can catch up with the thread properly.
you mean it reminds you off all you need is a kill manga, which is what edge of tomorrow adapts in movie format. (its way better than the movie)
Edit: removed the link because it might be licensed

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 20, 2016

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dark Off posted:

you mean it reminds you off all you need is a kill manga, which is what edge of tomorrow adapts in movie format. (its way better than the movie)

Noted. I'll definitely be reading that at some point then!

e: vv Or that one. Probably that one.

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 20, 2016

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Dark Off posted:

You mean it reminds you of the All You Need Is Kill novel, which is what the manga adapts in a comic book format. (it's way better than the manga)
Edit: Added the link because it's been licensed.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

darkgray posted:

You mean it reminds you of the All You Need Is Kill novel, which is what the manga adapts in a comic book format. (it's way better than the manga)
Edit: Added the link because it's been licensed.

Noted i'll definitely be reading that at some point then!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You don't already own a copy of all you need is kill?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

PerrineClostermann posted:

You don't already own a copy of all you need is kill?

Im waiting for it to appear in library or store. The manga at least did appear in library.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Or we could all go watch Steins;Gate again.

Or read the VN, whichever.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
S;G the game is translated?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

S;G the game is translated?

It's legally available as a digital purchase and has been for quite a while.:)

http://steins-gate.us/

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 20, 2016

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
any weird censorship?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

None, weird or otherwise that I'm aware of.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
On top of the PC version linked above, there's translated PS3 and Vita physical and digital releases which came out in 2015 in NA and Europe. Steins;Gate 0 is apparently on the way, too.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

ViggyNash posted:

Or we could all go watch Steins;Gate again.

Or read the VN, whichever.

Coincidentally, I am currently working on reading it (slowly). That being the case, if people would be cautious about spoilers for it, I would appreciate it.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Man, it's been a while since an anime made me so tense, which is even more surprising given that plot relevant characters are effectively immortal.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

SweetBro posted:

Man, it's been a while since an anime made me so tense, which is even more surprising given that plot relevant characters are effectively immortal.

We're in "worse than death" territory now.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SweetBro posted:

You'll find that the case in most media like this. All You Need is Kill/Edge of Tomorrow was a lot more tense before resetting wasn't an option. UQ Holder is as well.

When your characters can die, it means they can't. When characters are "immortal," they can die at any time.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Crunchyroll have just added the first 11 episodes of the Re:Zero shorts, and will start adding the rest from next Friday onwards, should anyone want to watch them! Crunchyroll don't usually bother with these kinds of things (not sure why), so it's nice to see.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah cool, that should help my slacker rear end to finally watch them.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Man, a whole week's wait, and it's over in the blink of an eye.

This whole Best Girl fight isn't very fair, is it.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Beako seems like she might understand what Subie's going through, if only he could tell her.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

holy gently caress

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I really need to forget this show exists for a while and pick it up later. This is killing me.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mindblast posted:

This is killing me.

And Rem, and me, and Emilia, and Subaru, and

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

poor Otto

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Erg posted:

poor Otto

Who? :confused:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Just when you thought this was the bad end, the loop got even worse.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This is really crushing, and waiting another week again is equally as crushing.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Annointed posted:

It's not like their possessions would disappear too, people would start to wonder why entire caravans are left about with their cargo intact and no merchants.

Or apparently not.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

LostRook posted:

Or apparently not.

Yeah. It seems like everyone just fills in the blanks.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

CrashScreen posted:

Yeah. It seems like everyone just fills in the blanks.

Rem's room specifically changed to being unoccupied. That's more like reality itself warps.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
So has Rem been erased from every timeline now? I certainly hope not...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

LostRook posted:

Rem's room specifically changed to being unoccupied. That's more like reality itself warps.

You can't prove to me that Ram didn't clear out Rem's room on her own :colbert:

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Logicblade posted:

So has Rem been erased from every timeline now? I certainly hope not...

I doubt it, considering that on a previous loop, I think Rem mentioned that a bunch of merchants had been attacked in the fog on that road, so she and Subaru had needed to take the long way round. Subaru's now bumped into (probably) that very same group and there appear to be plenty of them there. There'd probably be a lot fewer if the victims had been erased in both the timeline they were eaten in as well as the past Subaru returned to.

Also, since people remember that Master Swordsman that the whale supposedly killed, said swordsman is definitely not dead.

EDIT: Also, I was reading the Re:Zero LN which was released a few days ago, and noticed that the big 'ol memory-erasing whale got mentioned way back at the beginning, when Felt was giving the password to enter the loot house:

Re:Zero LN Vol. 1 posted:

"To the giant rats...?"
"We give poison."
"To the great white whale...?"
"We lend a fishing hook."
"To our most honorable great dragon...?"
"We say, 'Burn in hell!'"

Seems being told she was a potential heir to the throne didn't do much to change Felt's views on the dragon.

smenj fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 24, 2016

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

if rem was erased from all timelines, i'd assume that subaru would forget who she is too. since he didn't, i'd think she remains in the timelines he's already experienced, and should remain in any other timelines as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

ninjewtsu posted:

if rem was erased from all timelines, i'd assume that subaru would forget who she is too. since he didn't, i'd think she remains in the timelines he's already experienced, and should remain in any other timelines as well.

Which is probably also the reason that the whale left Subaru alone after all that trouble. Because Subaru's existence spans so many universes, his erasure is not within the whale's capabilities.

• Locked thread