Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Kljestan doing fancy dribbles and Frank loses it lol. This is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Nice meltdown, NYC.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I guess whoever replaced Viera on the sideline forgot to tell his team that yellow cards don't count for the scoreline.

Edit: Apologies in advance to whoever watches SKC-SEA for anything other than schadenfreude/Stockholm Syndrome.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
New York is a terrible place, the Eastern Conference is a terrible place, West Coast best coast

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
This is insanely boring, especially compared to that NY/NYC match

E: obviously all I had to do was make this post to get one of these teams to score. I have magical powers.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Okay Seattle just lost time to go outside and enjoy the nice weather instead.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think I'm just going to stop watching Sounders game this season. Can't even be bad in an entertaining way.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Jesus the Sounders are a disaster this season

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

whypick1 posted:

I think I'm just going to stop watching Sounders game this season. Can't even be bad in an entertaining way.

Zero shots in the 72nd minute. No, not shots on target, zero shots total. Holy poo poo this team is pathetic.

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

If I were a Seattle fan right now I'd be furious, that was total, complete domination especially on that third goal. As a Sporting fan, I don't know what to think at all, but 3 points are 3 points.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
There's a lot of embarrassing bullshit with the MLS ASG, not least of which is the hashtag on the back of the jersey

Please next year just make it USA vs The World if you must do this every year

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

There's a lot of embarrassing bullshit with the MLS ASG, not least of which is the hashtag on the back of the jersey

Please next year just make it USA vs The World if you must do this every year

Fire Don Garber into the sun along with the All Star Game.

I hope an Arsenal player suffers a season ending injury so teams won't ever want to do this stupid poo poo again.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I would prefer an East West all star game at the end of the season... That being said I'm still watching this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
"My one regret was that I was forced to play alongside Kyle Beckerman, or be suspended"

-Andrea Pirlo

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Poor Cech

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
BPL defending

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Kljestan better than Pirlo. As we all knew

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Classic Wondo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I definitely watched some of that.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I just got home and tuned in to see it's over already. Thanks MLS!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

NYC-COL had a rain delay, so naturally this happened:

https://twitter.com/ColoradoRapids/status/759479070904029185
https://twitter.com/ColoradoRapids/status/759480145254060032
https://twitter.com/ColoradoRapids/status/759481445819613185
https://twitter.com/ColoradoRapids/status/759482003456528384
https://twitter.com/ColoradoRapids/status/759482874433122304

I love our dumb league.

Oh, and Colorado just went down to 10 men while already down a goal. GG.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Dumbass Azira. The first foul was stupid, the second foul wasn't even a foul (McNamara? dove) but he gave Toledo a reason. gently caress.

And also I like Tim Howard more after that little bit lol.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

^^^Harrison, not McNamara

NYC is (probably) going to win a home game :psyduck:

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

What lovely defending on that goal. 3 guys around the ball and *no one* does anything? :argh:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Of all the teams and all the places, who would have thought the Rapids' streak would go down to NYC at Yankee Stadium?

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

This game feels like last year all over again. I almost want to say the league has figured us out.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

No one running forward on that? Are you making GBS threads me? 2014 and 2015 all over again. Stupid Rapids.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

This rapids team (so far) looks awful. Where the hell are the guys at the top of the box? Or anyone making an attacking run at all? gently caress.

And when they can make a cross they go backwards. :bang:

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids just threw in Badji for Sjoberg at 72'. That's a desperate last gasp alright. Smh.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And 3-0. It's over. I think it's fair to say after all these ties they're getting found out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Fat Frank doin' work

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Colorado allowed NYCFC to get out of the goal differential hole they dug for themselves against NYRB.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm not watching but shameful from Colorado. nycfc aren't that good (the table lies) and they're missing like 4 starters.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

TheBoyBlunder posted:

And 3-0. It's over. I think it's fair to say after all these ties they're getting found out.

Correction: NYC figured it out. Will the rest of the league follow suit?

Seltzer posted:

I'm not watching but shameful from Colorado. nycfc aren't that good (the table lies) and they're missing like 4 starters.

Unless you're a city fan you made the right choice.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Colorado are missing Jones and had the starting DM they did have sent off before the 30th minute. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't worse.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Since all the games are tomorrow, is anyone watching Monterey / Cruz Azul on Univision? This has been hella CONCACAF. Blocked penalty, two goals within ten minutes, speed and passion over skill, it's great.

It's better than what I'll see tomorrow at RFK.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Finally Azira is exposed for the crap player he is

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

To be fair, it wasn't *just* Azira who looked terrible today. Basically the midfield and the back line looked like poo poo all day, and even Howard on a couple goals looked like poo poo. Terrible performance all around. All we Rapids fans can do is hope it's a hiccup and not the edge of the precipice.

If they can hold on and at least finish fourth I'll be happy. Yes, after the last two horrible years in Rapids land I'm getting nervous already. 1-1-3 with 8 GA since Howard. :bang:

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 31, 2016

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

TheBoyBlunder posted:

To be fair, it wasn't *just* Azira who looked terrible today. Basically the midfield and the back line looked like poo poo all day, and even Howard on a couple goals looked like poo poo. Terrible performance all around. All we Rapids fans can do is hope it's a hiccup and not the edge of the precipice.

If they can hold on and at least finish fourth I'll be happy. Yes, after the last two horrible years in Rapids land I'm getting nervous already. 1-1-3 with 8 GA since Howard. :bang:

The McMath DP Goalkeeper curse strikes again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KC and Portland has not been super great, but the media game at halftime finished 3-1 and that was pretty good

• Locked thread