Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Right in the kisser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Fabbbyyy may not be a world class carry, but his Ashe arrows are loving on point!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

pretty sure splyce expanded their support staff between splits

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Are all of the competitive LoL wikis run on loving toasters? I swear to god I cannot load a single page on esportswikis or gamepedia at all.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

exethan posted:

no, reworked ryze is probably 1 or 2 weeks out, and the cannon minion changes / turret are on PBE.

Reworked Ryze is on on tournament realm already. Since it wasn't a new champion the lockout isn't mandatory and even if it was it's based on the same timing as the patch (7 calendar days if a game week/playoff round hasn't started)

kirtar fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 24, 2016

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

Are all of the competitive LoL wikis run on loving toasters? I swear to god I cannot load a single page on esportswikis or gamepedia at all.

Would seem so. Both of them have been unusable for me for a while.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
im really sad no jobber team picked new ryze just to gently caress around on stage

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

im really sad no jobber team picked new ryze just to gently caress around on stage

i dont believe theyre allowed to until next week

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Libertine posted:

I think Esportswikis is actually funded out of pocket by River right now, dunno what's with gamepedia though

exethan posted:

shame that cloud 9 hosed over rush's chance of competing here

He seemed happy when I watched a bit of his stream last night, so at least there's that :unsmith:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Luna Was Here posted:

i dont believe theyre allowed to until next week

Nah the casters have said on both NA/EU that he is available but they didnt think anyone would pick him because its complex

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
what is NV doing...

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
just lmao envyus
just lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Moatman posted:

He seemed happy when I watched a bit of his stream last night, so at least there's that :unsmith:

Is he back in Korea?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Between APEX, NV, and Phoenix1, there are 2 REALLY good teams in those rosters.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jerkface posted:

Nah the casters have said on both NA/EU that he is available but they didnt think anyone would pick him because its complex

Yeah they keep making it a point to mention that new Ryze and pre hotfix Sona are available.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
destroy these noobs, p1

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lovechop posted:

destroy these noobs, p1

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Schnorkles posted:

Is he back in Korea?

Yeah, he's been back in Korea for a while and officially left the C9 org a few weeks days (e: felt like longer) ago.

Moatman fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 24, 2016

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Gate proving top lane dominance over Impact :cool:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Radical posted:

pretty sure splyce expanded their support staff between splits

i think they also take their support staff seriously, much like TSM seems to this split

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Do all of Bard's tunnels look like anuses or only this one.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i feel like every c9 game i watch is just the casters saying that impact is a world champion over and over again

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Splyce suddenly becoming good just proves that YamatoCannon is the greatest League of Legends coach of all time.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Calax posted:

Between APEX, NV, and Phoenix1, there are 2 REALLY good teams in those rosters.

you've been infected with the cloud 9 syndrome of hypothetical super team creation. please consider rooting for teams based on how cool they are

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Meat Recital posted:

Do all of Bard's tunnels look like anuses or only this one.

Sometimes you see what you want to see

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This game is feeling a lot like it's slipping out of CLG's hands.

Luckily their opponents were EchoFox.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 24, 2016

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Mash spent that entire team fight killing minions, then tries to solo Trundle. He is a solo queue ADC

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Losing a 3v1 against Huhi should mean instant relegation. Like end the game and remove the team from the studio.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

And Huhi gets a 1v3 Triple Kill.

Not often you see multiple people willingly tagged by the % damage field from the Malzahar ult for more or less the full duration

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 24, 2016

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

exethan posted:

you've been infected with the cloud 9 syndrome of hypothetical super team creation. please consider rooting for teams based on how cool they are

I think we've already proven I don't do that, otherwise I'd be rooting for Gravity to come from the grave in their leather Jackets.

Instead I'm a c9 fan, a team which everyone here irrationally dislikes.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Calax posted:

Instead I'm a c9 fan, a team which everyone here irrationally dislikes.

Which is strange because they used to be very popular here.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
C9 is just so persecuted, gosh

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you're feeling beat up on in this thread, why not rebrand yourself as Calax Challenger and go shout down some kids on Gamefaqs

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Calax posted:

a team which everyone here irrationally dislikes.

same

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If you're feeling beat up on in this thread, why not rebrand yourself as Calax Challenger and go shout down some kids on Gamefaqs

I thought this was Challenger for Reddit?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So I haven't actually played the game in a couple years and my game knowledge has really gone to poo poo. Accordingly, I have a hard time reading team comps beyond the basics and what casters say about them, so I was wondering if there are any good resources for:

1) Who outscales who in each role
2) What kind of comp each champion belongs in, e.g. I can't really tell which team wants to teamfight and which wants to siege/spit/poke/whatever unless one has something really obvious like a Jax or a bunch of long range poke and wave clear

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It would take an enormous post to explain that for every role and is hard to convey without background context. I don't know how to tackle it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The meta is surprisingly wide with a lot of flex picks right now. In top lane alone lately we have seen trundle, tahm kench, Shen, gangplank, gnar, malzahar, vladimir, yasuo, hecarim just as an example. The kind of post you want would be huge for all roles except like...jungle where its nidalee gragas and reksai constantly

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jenny Angel posted:

So I haven't actually played the game in a couple years and my game knowledge has really gone to poo poo. Accordingly, I have a hard time reading team comps beyond the basics and what casters say about them, so I was wondering if there are any good resources for:

1) Who outscales who in each role
2) What kind of comp each champion belongs in, e.g. I can't really tell which team wants to teamfight and which wants to siege/spit/poke/whatever unless one has something really obvious like a Jax or a bunch of long range poke and wave clear

Knowing these things is generally just memorization from watching/playing a lot of matches. A good rule of thumb is that generally a team building a lot of stacking items like tear and/or rod of ages, or an adc building crit/aspd items (as opposed to serrated dirk items) is looking to scale into the mid and late game. If a top laner is building two or more damage items (and are not mages) they are generally looking to splitpush rather than teamfight. As for siege/poke comps, it's basically a team filled with all of the champs that have been OP/annoying in ARAM for the past 2 or 3 years.

This isn't hard and fast rule, there are definitely exceptions to this (Riven is a big one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

It would take an enormous post to explain that for every role and is hard to convey without background context. I don't know how to tackle it.

Yeah, that's why I was hoping there was already a resource for it - League of Legends fans love making elaborate database websites. There's no way I'd ask for a full answer to those questions from scratch, because of pretty much what you said

• Locked thread