Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

you can suck my oval office.
Checkmate Goons :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

man of many meltdowns

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
Lazrin, you're doing a great job. I'm sure the commandos in your yahoo chatroom are totally impressed with how bad you're pwning goons on their own forum.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tippis posted:

Ah. Well that's citizen logic for you.
“He exemplified the ad hominem with something that only questioned his professional ethics, so therefore his claims about personal attacks from rabid fanboys is unwarranted. And also, he didn't respond to the ad hominem, so therefore it is definitely true.”
Imagine a redditor knowing what an ad hominem is.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

thatguy posted:

derek smart??!!

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
Well poo poo, yahoo doesn't do chatrooms anymore.

Lazrin, what chat room provider are you reporting your massive pwnage in?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

thatguy posted:

I prefer to visualise the insides of black holes. Far easier and far more likely to be more true to life.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

trip report: they're gushing over the german mag screenshots and whiteknighting CIG not showing it to backers first

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
There is a guy who looks like just bowtie dude except he doesn't have a bowtie and has a different handle. I'm very confused

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
CIG is cloning the bowtie dudes.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Berious posted:

There is a guy who looks like just bowtie dude except he doesn't have a bowtie and has a different handle. I'm very confused

Berious posted:

CIG is cloning the bowtie dudes.

Are you saying that the bowtie isn't duplicated in the cloning process? That all of Alien: Resurrection was a lie? :stare:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
theres a guy whose wearing his hair on his face

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
First few sentences

"Im gonna poop my pants if I get in the same room as Chris. Hes such a physics nerd"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

yikes

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SurfaceDetail posted:

First few sentences

"Im gonna poop my pants if I get in the same room as Chris. Hes such a physics nerd"

A true shitizen.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
These loving guys. Same dudes who will be in full excuse mode after Chris fails to deliver AGAIN after 2016.

For now though, jizz everywhere

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i'm glad they're excited for star marine v2

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

SurfaceDetail posted:

First few sentences

Ehm… that's new? Where are they getting that from?
Or — much like how everything they want from SC is already in ED, as if they were fundamentally confused about which game is which — are they confusing Chris with Braben and/or Bell?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

it's better to have been excited and smug than not at all

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
"When I first met Chris I bought him an expensive bottle of Scotch. He said he didnt really like scotch and maybe his dad would want it. Hes a vodka guy. I told him I'd bring him an expensive vodka next time and he said thanks. Lando came over and took the scotch so he was happy."

"Lando doesnt drink. But good on you man!"

I then turned it off due to near fatal cringe poisoning

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
This is kinda hard to watch.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Has anyone held chris to account over his star marine is in the game and now its suddenly NOT but is on the way AGAIN

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
They're blaming Illfonic for Star Marine again

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Lazer'n:

The whole FBI/investigations/someone has to go to jail thing. Who do you think is going to demand that? Do you think it is going to be from Derek and the people in this thread? Most everyone here has grabbed a lifepod off this flaming wreck off a project. Sure, right now, a handful of folks are contacting various agencies trying to get some money back. For the most part, it seems like it is working--leavers are getting their money back and CIG gets to carry on with business as usual.

The demands for someone's head will come from everyone on Reddit. A few of the more fervent posters will vanish into the nether as CIG folks/no one left to pay them to post. Of the 80% left on Reddit, 20% won't care/accept the demise, but that 60% are going to be so butt hurt they aren't going to stop raging for a few months. Besides the comedy, it will be interesting to see what comes from that period. I suspect as they cope with the stages of grief, the anger stage will be thoroughly entertaining.

What will be the best part? Six months or so after the collapse, maybe nine months. The best game developer in the history of the world, Chris Roberts, will rise from the ashes and start a new kickstarter. This time he will have learned about scope creep and just need a few more years to rewrite the game using the Unreal 4 engine. The name of the new game: Profiteer! Just like Privateer except you give Chris money.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

SurfaceDetail posted:

I can never find that loving space bulldozer gif when I need it...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
They posted a tweet of Ben out of the hospital looking like 100lbs lighter.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I'm glad this most recent backer exuberance has a firm time limit on it.

CIG has 160 days to deliver all of this poo poo.

I'm not even saying they should have to release it in that amount of time, they are just going to lose a nonzero % of the remaining backers if this turns out to be yet another empty promise.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Berious posted:

They posted a tweet of Ben out of the hospital looking like 100lbs lighter.

:unsmith:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

this guy is mad

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

How does it hurt Derek's supposed narrative that this is at least the third announcement of Star Marine coming out any day now, pinky-promise?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Ortwin Slayermouth

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
from a few days ago, but still lol.

https://twitter.com/Clifford_Miku/status/753681472725192704

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

What the gently caress is actually wrong with these people?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

What's the latest on Operation You need a platinum account to see this message?

pls pm info for next moves

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

There is a certain segment of SC's crazier backers that I worry for their mental state when the game does not live up to their inflated expectations. This guy I worry about even if it does.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Behind Lesnick, the face of a man reconsidering the choices that led him to pushing a half-ton man in a cart

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Ayn Marx posted:

Behind Lesnick, the face of a man reconsidering the choices that led him to pushing a half-ton man in a cart

has anyone said that's him in the hospital wheelchair yet?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Decrepus posted:

When are they going to fix the upper half of Sandi's face allowing it to properly participate in the mimicry of human emotions?

Unpossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Ayn Marx posted:

Holy poo poo I feel sorry for Ben, imagine having to deal with that every day, all day.

• Locked thread