Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
PAGING MAJOR TOM!

ALERT! MAJOR TOM!

ALL :pgabz: ON DECK!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wVtbdH2l3M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cut the poo poo. He's answering your questions and discussing his point of view,
No. He really isn't. He's JAQ:ing, posting content-void bullet points, and refusing to actually discuss anything.

He has repeatedly been asked questions that would let him expound on his view — eventually letting the thing bloom into an actual discussion — but at every turn, he avoids doing exactly that. He's even worse than you in terms of not actually offering any kind of sensible discussion, and that's saying something.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

ManofManyAliases posted:

November, during the anniversary sale

Trap sprung.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tank Boy Ken posted:

But you said he was a confirmed troll!?

Wrecked Angle posted:

But I guess being wrong isn't acrime

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ManofManyAliases posted:

stop lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cut the poo poo. He's answering your questions and discussing his point of view, a view in defense of CIG backed up by his attempts at evidence. This is what you guys have been asking for. Don't want to see his posts? Ignore him.

What evidence has he, or anyone else, brought up that would clearly state whether or not a criminal, or other, investigation is being actioned against CIG?

THEN please tell me how you know the inner workings of a government- or consumer-based agency. Please also detail how you would know before anyone else, and then answer my Bin Laden question.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
He starts actually playing at 3:40 if you're strapped for time.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Woops, I posted during a scheduled MoMA meltdown. I'll have to post it again when he's off the clock.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What evidence has he, or anyone else, brought up that would clearly state whether or not a criminal, or other, investigation is being actioned against CIG?

THEN please tell me how you know the inner workings of a government- or consumer-based agency. Please also detail how you would know before anyone else, and then answer my Bin Laden question.

Ohg my god turning citizen logic back around on citizens gets me so hard

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Unlike Lazrin, I actually have a better idea to both of your points, but can't discuss either with you because 1) I just cannot and 2) you can suck my oval office. This is an SC thread, not a bin laden one.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Unlike Lazrin, I actually have a better idea to both of your points, but can't discuss either with you because 1) I just cannot and 2) you can suck my oval office. This is an SC thread, not a bin laden one.

So you are confirming that you, and Lazrin, have no actual evidence and cannot refute my argument. You also confirm that neither of you know the inner workings of any agencies that would perform investigations on companies for fraud or other criminal activities.

You also aren't answering my Bin Laden question. Why do you hate Bin Laden? Do you wish he was still around. You know, just being Bin Laden and stuff?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

knowledge of the inner workings of a government agency, Octopode confirmed

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

vagina confirmed hello sandi

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You know, I bet Bin Laden said "Allahu Ackbar" at some point, and Derek did post that sound clip several times in this thread.

Makes you th

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

PAGING MAJOR TOM!

ALERT! MAJOR TOM!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

maybe you need to be in your underpants :smith:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Turd Burglar posted:

notice how lazrin does not go into detail about any of the points Tippis is asking about.

Never does. Lazrin makes broad generalizations and gives no specific information on anything he's refuting, almost like he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's probably one of those people who thinks he's the smartest person in every room he finds himself in, so he doesn't need to actually be educated.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

thatguy posted:

PAGING MAJOR TOM!

ALERT! MAJOR TOM!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

So either CIG fixed a bug only months after it was reported or :pgabz: has been editing his config files.

Given what we know about CIG I think :pgabz: has been a very naughty boy

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Berious posted:

Good list but it's missing a lot of features promised for specific jpegs. Core features like drink mixing, astronomy, science & research etc.

If the Hairy Roberts is never in game it's a failure at the first hurdle

That's only one year's worth of promises, so multiply that list by a factor of 3 or 4 and you'll be in the ball park. When Chris talked about the 'docking tech' feature he actually said it was the very next thing that a specific named developer would be working on - that was last year. The whole thing is a joke.

Every item on that list was explicitly stated by Chris Roberts to be on its way, and those 10FTC videos used to get coverage in the games press too - not any more. INN reported all these as promised features too - they stopped doing that a while ago.

And now! The 10FTC videos have seemingly stopped altogether - and what happened next? The funding chart tanked.

People have been paying for dreams, and some of them are still stuck in fantasy land. CIG have now stopped dangling these promises in front of people, has no one else noticed this? They KNOW internally that they cannot deliver this stuff.

So what did CIG do next? They get a German gaming site to do their dirty work for them, here's another bunch of promises guys, go get your dreams.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Tarkaroshe complaining about how he was treated by the Gameranx writer

How he introduced himself

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/756416293666902020

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

his nibs posted:

maybe you need to be in your underpants :smith:

They fixed the "bug" soon after toms videos. So go ahead and watch some dude act smug for 7 minutes over nothing lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao octopode it's almost time to burn moma and rereg in a few months you fuckin weirdo

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Mirificus posted:

Tarkaroshe complaining about how he was treated by the Gameranx writer

How he introduced himself

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/756416293666902020

that's sad :/

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i wonder who has paid for more articles chris or derek

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Regrettable posted:

Never does. Lazrin makes broad generalizations and gives no specific information on anything he's refuting, almost like he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's probably one of those people who thinks he's the smartest person in every room he finds himself in, so he doesn't need to actually be educated.

or its cause if he actually explains his argument coherently he'll realize how dumb he sounds.

"yes, substantial gameplay.. these are the features that we currently hav.... oh gently caress"

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
So is it alpha, or are the features in the game now.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

that's why i want either of these weirdos to state and debate their talking points verbally against an informed party, because i think they will crumble

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Mr Fronts posted:

There is some hard info coming out regarding the NPC-driven economy in Star Citizen. Actual figures and financial modelling being shown, plus in-game dynamically generated news articles on corporate profits/losses. Wow. CIG has been busy.

Catch all this and more in an in-depth, exclusive article in Lithuanian Cooking Weekly, coming to newsstands in August, only $8.95.

Make sure you take a moment to appreciate your monthly CIG Subscriber payment. I'm sure Ortwin does!

They want more publicity to reach the game, and a counter to the propaganda spread by that one refund. Putting it in a pretty much SC fanbase exclusive AtV doesn't accomplish that. We here are all going to be paying attention to CIG at Gamescom, the average person is not. In order to reach those people and possibly bring them in without wasting millions on ads, they show some really cool stuff in a cooking magazine that will be in circulation for a month with the game on the cover. Don't worry, I have a feeling Gamescom and Citizencon will be pretty awesome.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Turd Burglar posted:

or its cause if he actually explains his argument coherently he'll realize how dumb he sounds.

"yes, substantial gameplay.. these are the features that we currently hav.... oh gently caress"

That is also a possibility.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

1 day? You were only happy about the magazine news for only one day and then you're back to moaning?

Content locust

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Berious posted:

So either CIG fixed a bug only months after it was reported or :pgabz: has been editing his config files.

Given what we know about CIG I think :pgabz: has been a very naughty boy
Major Tom might take another life with the same video. His anger knows no bounds.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

1 day? You were only happy about the magazine news for only one day and then you're back to moaning?

Content locust

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

ManofManyAliases posted:

more like centennial lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i didn't know you could run a sale on donations weird

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Unlike Lazrin, I actually have a better idea to both of your points, but can't discuss either with you because 1) I just cannot

So what is your position at CIG et al., again?
Or do you mean “cannot” in the sense of “cannot offer any kind of coherent rebuttal or supporting evidence” as opposed to “I'm not allowed to.”

What curious definition of “‘personal’ attack” are they operating on here? And what's this non-dispute related to? Some kind of statement on the author's behalf, I presume?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/supremetokyo

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tippis posted:

So what is your position at CIG et al., again?
Or do you mean “cannot” in the sense of “cannot offer any kind of coherent rebuttal or supporting evidence” as opposed to “I'm not allowed to.”

What curious definition of “‘personal’ attack” are they operating on here? And what's this non-dispute related to? Some kind of statement on the author's behalf, I presume?

This is what Cymelion is referring to:

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/757042686121635841

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

thatguy posted:

PAGING MAJOR TOM!

ALERT! MAJOR TOM!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

http://youtu.be/ualwRUckieY

Did anyone notice these people are weird yet?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i like how that dude thinks he's owning pgabz by pointing out that cig fixed a bug lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Ah. Well that's citizen logic for you.
“He exemplified the ad hominem with something that only questioned his professional ethics, so therefore his claims about personal attacks from rabid fanboys is unwarranted. And also, he didn't respond to the ad hominem, so therefore it is definitely true.”

• Locked thread