Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

T-Bone posted:

They resigned Schultz he might not. He has great puck skill/vision but his skating is questionable for a guy that small. He may be heading towards Thomas Hickey territory.

e: I mean ideally the Pens should play them both but I'm not sure they have the balls to. Ian Cole will get 60 games at least I bet.

He's young and cheap with good fancies in limited playing time so I figure I could do worse. I'd also like to believe that between skating and vision, the former should be easier to improve than the latter so I'll take my chances I suppose; D is starting to become a wasteland. There were a few forwards I wanted there to build up my 3rd line, but I figured waiting another 60 picks to get a 4th defenseman would be a suicide mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ovechkin-Toffoli (HE'S A CENTER DEAL WITH IT)-Wheeler
Raffl-Dubinsky-Purcell

Goligoski-Orlov
Savard-Scandella

Rinne

This team is probably gonna get scored on a lot.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'll take Derrick Pouliot I sure hope he plays more!

Boo gently caress you.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'd also like to believe that between skating and vision, the former should be easier to improve than the latter so I'll take my chances I suppose

Larsson sighed and put on his Oilers jersey

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Eriksson - Stamkos - R. Smith
Fiala - Trocheck - Donskoi

Barrie - Klefbom
C. Murphy - Murray

Andersen

I'm really diggin' my team. Lots of talent on both sides of the puck with room to grow.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Lucic - Matthews - Niedereiter
Wennberg - O'Reilly - Stafford

Trouba - Shattenkirk
Beaulieu - TBD

Vasilevsky

Who knows with this squad, we'll have to see.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
It's time for another, "I'm not home so I'm picking purely on gut instinct." pick.

I'll take Connor Carrick. Lots of Leafs fans seem to be very high on him, he just got signed for cheap, only 22 years old, and is a coveted right handed shot defenseman

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

GImme Joe Colborne. His shooting was ridiculous last year so I don't expect him to pot 19 again but I think on the third line role he pots in a good 10-15/25-30. He can play bigger minutes if he needs to but should thrive in a reduced role on the third line. 2.5 mill for the next couple season. He makes points happen and isn't a terrible possession player.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Colborne was definitely the guy I was going to take over Pouliot but I figured I needed another defenseman more than my 3rd line center

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This is tentatively my favorite team, I think. There's a lot to like here though Nielsen's contract is way too long and your second pairing is weak.

It's definitely going to be a defense by committee. I also don't have a goalie so this could turn disastrous. My missing 1st line winger is also going to be a hilariously dumb pick if one of my couple choices is available in two rounds.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
is it my turn to pick yet?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Menamino is skipped at 8:38

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

When do I pick? Haven't checked the sheet in a while

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

When do I pick? Haven't checked the sheet in a while

Not for quite a while.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Ya'll need to update the spreadsheet

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'm not able to check the sheet right now so i'll just pick off a short list of guys who I know for sure are still available and keep another islander player in Anders Lee

good fancies, generates a lot of shots as a good forechecker, has already scored 25 goals, fairly young, big dude, high truculence levels, etc

Marchand - Tavares - Ehlers
Cammalleri - Brassard - Kucherov
Lee - Ribiero

Tanev
Petry
Pulock

now tofes is up

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Bummer. Really wanted Lee. Your offense is awesome

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Buffalo wants some of that dank Scotty Fartsmell

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

furnaceface is up followed by myself and mentholmoose

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Bummer. Really wanted Lee. Your offense is awesome

thanks, I know my defense is gonna wind up being pretty underwhelming overall but if I can at least build 3 quality forward lines that can control possession plus one guy on each D pair that's trustworthy I feel like the team would be a pretty fun one to watch at the very worst

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I am going to make a pick solely to upset stab and no other reason.

Calgary has enough bigness, so its about time we took a bite sized player instead to help balance it out. The Flames will gladly take one David "Breakfast" Desharnais because he is actually a really good middle 6 player and if Im lucky (I wont be) the other player I have in mind will give me a pretty great 3rd line if he slips to me in the next round.

aye doc is a go

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I was hoping Lee would fall to me so I will say gently caress a winger and draft defenseman Jake McCabe. I'll do a writeup later tonight

Hoffman-Duchene-Duclair
x-Hanzal-Frolik
x-Backlund-x

Hedman-Severson
Lindholm-McCabe

Reimer

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

X-Fabbri-Perry
Pearson-Perreault-Teravainen
X-Desharnais-Dano

Keith-Ekblad
X-Hjalmarsson

Crawford

OK I still need a LW for my first line as well. Whatever. Probably still a hidden gem left in there somewhere.

Right? :ohdear:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

Calgary has enough bigness, so its about time we took a bite sized player instead to help balance it out. The Flames will gladly take one David "Breakfast" Desharnais because he is actually a really good middle 6 player and if Im lucky (I wont be) the other player I have in mind will give me a pretty great 3rd line if he slips to me in the next round.

aye doc is a go

gently caress. He's not great but he can still put up some points.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

I was hoping Lee would fall to me so I will say gently caress a winger and draft defenseman Jake McCabe. I'll do a writeup later tonight

Hoffman-Duchene-Duclair
x-Hanzal-Frolik
x-Backlund-x

Hedman-Severson
Lindholm-McCabe

Reimer

Fuckin' great pick. McCabe is a stud d-man in the making. Great stats even on Buffalo.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Honk honk! I'm taking Julius Honka. Who knows if he'll be any good, but I'm fairly certain he'll be better than any of the random vets left over. Plus he's cheap.

Daniel Sedin-Tyler Seguin-Jake Voracek
x-Nicklas Backstrom-Sam Bennett
x-J.T. Miller-x

Sami Vatanen-Michael Stone
Julius Honka-Dan Hamhuis

Ben Bishop

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Fuckin' great pick. McCabe is a stud d-man in the making. Great stats even on Buffalo.

this is why I was confused at everyone saying there's no good D. there's a bunch of developing D who are already top 4 capable but they're on trash teams

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm going to take Carl Soderberg
I'll be honest, I don't know much about him but his stats look good to me and he's got a good enough contract. If he can play wing I'd slot him there but if not he can be 2nd or 3rd center and I won't be upset with him.
I have no way to justify this apart from the raw stats. Also if I recall correctly this man is blind in one eye.

Flyinglemur can pick.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Furnaceface posted:

aye doc is a go

mission accomplished

not that I wanted him, but that somebody wasted a pick on him

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Aye Doc posted:

this is why I was confused at everyone saying there's no good D. there's a bunch of developing D who are already top 4 capable but they're on trash teams

No kidding. I had faint hope McCabe would go under the radar for a few more rounds.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I only have one other available dude rated at or around McCabe's level and I think he's too stupid of a player to be worth drafting for the way my team is built

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

Aye Doc posted:

I only have one other available dude rated at or around McCabe's level and I think he's too stupid of a player to be worth drafting for the way my team is built

So there are lots of good young D left but only one and also he's stupid?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

there are a bunch of good D who aren't as good as McCabe or dumb guy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

I think it's more fair to say McCabe is an outlier. Maybe a few other folks out there at his level/age but it's mostly barren save for the old and the risky.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

there are a bunch of good D who aren't as good as McCabe or dumb guy

nah

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

You guys blew my list to poo poo.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

That's why you shouldn't have a list and just frantically pick at scraps instead.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Speaking of not having a list, the Ducks select Brian Rust mostly because he will probably be playing alongside Malkin again and he has a great contract.

Boomer you are up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer has until noon tomorrow to pick, to be followed by Otis Reddit and The RECAPITATOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

whoa i might be able to pick tomorrow??????? hosed up if true

• Locked thread