Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

This isn't the 2018 thread tho. If your whole argument is that the GOP is the master of the universe because they have a bunch of seats now, regardless of if they're about to lose a bunch, wouldn't it also be the case that the Dems would be the masters of the universe forever once they get a bunch of the seats, regardless of if they may lose them?

a bad year for the GOP = barely lose the senate, keep the house, barely lose the presidency with the most disliked and unqualified candidate in history
a bad year for the dems = absolute bloodbath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

a bad year for the GOP = barely lose the senate, keep the house, barely lose the presidency with the most disliked and unqualified candidate in history

GOP losing all those things plus the SCOTUS for a generation+ is also a bloodbath and the death of the current platform of the party

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

OTOH it was so bad because they had that many seats to lose, which means presumably they did win them at some point

Permanent majorities are a fantasy in both directions

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
trump is winning! screams increasingly nervous man for the seventh time today

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
remember when Donald Trump said Mexicans were rapists? Those were good times. Simpler times.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

((globalist))

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

like yeah if you look at the long long term the lack of white people is a problem for the GOP as the parties stand now but otoh the democrats have been sitting back and waiting for that to happen for a while now

"Demographics are going our way!" democrats say as the GOP reintroduces the poll tax and is hinting they may deport all Latinos who can't prove three generations of citizenship.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I'm in DWS's district today and I saw yard signs for Tim Canova. I don't think that necessarily means she's going to lose or anything, but I was surprised.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Joementum posted:

This was........... not a good thing for her to say.

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/757357193436000256

Depends. A certain segment of her fan base gets really riled about the double-standards.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol msnbc host talking about how DWS speech is going to go over

and now a Bernie chant

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump literally said there's a separate standard for Clinton recently you know

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

StandardVC10 posted:

OTOH it was so bad because they had that many seats to lose, which means presumably they did win them at some point

Permanent majorities are a fantasy in both directions

it seems natural to me that the normal state of play of the senate is going to move to semi-permanent GOP control for the near future by virtue of the dems being concentrated in fewer states, it's a trend that's just taking time to catch up to national polarization as incumbents retire

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

etalian posted:

Which Skeksis is most like Hillary?

skekso the emperor

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol msnbc host talking about how DWS speech is going to go over

and now a Bernie chant

the speech that isnt happening?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

A week ago Trump said on 60 minutes it was okay for Mike Pence to vote for the the Iraq War, but not Hillary Clinton. Her comment is a week late for context.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Epic High Five posted:

yeah, she's not wrong, just phrased... extremely poorly, depending on context.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Is this totally confirmed? I saw a statement floating around Twitter and assumed it was a troll; how dumb can you be?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Boosted_C5 posted:

Trump "not even starting yet" on Hillary and saving his money is yet another shrewd move.

Why waste time and money doing something you can get your opponent to do for you.

The ART OF THE DEAL.

:smugdon:

We're just three and a half months from the election. When the hell is he going to start?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
reince looks like tom hanks was just like 10% uglier and was never able to book splash.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

rawrr posted:

Why is Hillary so bad at this gently caress.

Hillary Clinton is a terrible politician. She's a very intelligent woman and has an extremely sharp grasp on policy, but fails at human interaction in a way her (slimy, but hard-to-nail-down) husband avoids. She is, however, tough, vengeful, and doesn't take poo poo from anyone.

Hillary Clinton is the Democratic Nixon with all the pros and cons that implies.

Which is why it's so funny that Joementum dislikes her despite having a Nixon avatar.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RNC.jpg(s)

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

:vince:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Hillary Clinton is a terrible politician. She's a very intelligent woman and has an extremely sharp grasp on policy, but fails at human interaction in a way her (slimy, but hard-to-nail-down) husband avoids. She is, however, tough, vengeful, and doesn't take poo poo from anyone.

Hillary Clinton is the Democratic Nixon with all the pros and cons that implies.

Which is why it's so funny that Joementum dislikes her despite having a Nixon avatar.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:whitewater:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hillary also admits to not driving a car for many years, meanwhile Bernie drove himself to all his early rallies.

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That picture makes me more angry about Hillary than basically anything I have heard about her so far.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah but that's a story coming from the Clinton camp too, for months. This is a narrative both sides are going to try to run with, so I don't think seeing her run with it is a huge mistake. We'll have to see, I guess.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Samurai Sanders posted:

That picture makes me more angry about Hillary than basically anything I have heard about her so far.

if Trump just tweets this picture and pins it for the next 3 months, considered it locked

no middle class is gonna vote for that~

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this picture hurts me every time i see it

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Karl Sharks posted:

i don't get it, either you try to get them to vote for you, or get them to stay home

how is insulting their guy going to do either :confused:
I think it makes sense for Trump to insult Bernie now - not for his ideas, or for his purity, or for being an establishment stooge, or anything, but for being TOO WEAK and TIRED to keep up the good fight. The only Bernie supporters left to win are those who think the same thing

Discendo Vox posted:

I say appoint Sanders to replace DWS. Put him in one of the most unpleasant/thankless sausage-making positions possible, and enjoy the results.
lol

I hope the next DNC chair is a non-politician, like Reince. Reince ran for one office - Wisconsin state Senate - and lost. Since then, he's been a party administrator

Putting an up-and-coming politician in that spot just opens them up to be hated by all sides of their party, like Paul Ryan as Speaker

why didn't the alt right crew go all in for Cruz after "New York Values"?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder if Trump has ever has to prepare his own food/drinks in his entire life

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Dems spazzing out about having ideological differences in the party is sort of amazing. It's like they assumed a coalition consisting of half the country can only have differences in identity, not beliefs.

The GOP has fascists, theocrats, and oligarchs battle* for what dystopian future the US will have semi-consistently and I don't remember this panic on their side.

*formerly neocons but they seem to have defected to be With Her

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

baileys and frozen fruit in icecream is very very good

Rivensteel posted:

I use 1921 crema de tequila myself

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

looks like a lost dementia patient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Slate Action posted:

I wonder if Trump has ever has to prepare his own food/drinks in his entire life

He only met Christie a few years ago!

• Locked thread