Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
What is the rule for the giant dice game? It has the same head to head style and is also usually a POV right? Did winner choose the next two? I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Teek posted:

Yeah, what the hell was with that veto rule. The competition itself was fine, that particular rule was lame as hell. Should have allowed the winner to choose the next two, as has been done in some HOHs.

Especially given how stacked toward majority alliances the twists this season have made the game, having a veto like that was pretty lovely.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Previously on Big Brother... a bunch of jerks being jerks.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
How dare Tiffany socialize with people, the nerve on her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its an amazing testament to how much paranoia runs the game that Day thought she had won some battle of wits against Tiffany and did a gloating goodbye message. Tiffany sat on her hands all season but Day, Paulie, Frank, and others all worked up such an idea of her because she was Vanessa's sister and they really did think they were in a war. In reality I can count Tiffany's game moves on one hand and most of them came this week when she finally realized everyone was against her and she was desperate.

I love me some BB karma so here's hoping she gets back in and can get some revenge. That could be fun.

Or she can stay out since the House wasn't a good place for her and she seemed at peace leaving.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

She only has to win once to come back in, so she has almost a 50% chance. What I can't believe is that Da' survived after telling James they had to vote out the showmances. That was literally the same thing Jozea did when he told her they were targeting the vets. So stupid

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So that fight with James and Natalie was pretty cut down. And I thought it was more about flirting than slop on the feeds. Michelle is also getting a very, VERY kind edit. Well so are Z and Da I guess, at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah the James/Nat fight got butchered for the same reason the editing has sucked all season. The real reason they were fighting was that Paulie, Michelle, and others were trying to get in James' head that Nat was using him and break them up and it started to work. That food comment was only a small part of the fight and the real issue was James and Nat being generall distant to each other, people lying and saying Nat was flirting with the other guys, and the other girls flirting with James to make Nat jealous. That's why Nat said that goofy "you can cuddle with whoever you want now" thing.

But the show is intent on not showing how nasty the Cool Kids in this house are because the tv viewers would probably hate the season if they knew. Which also means Michelle and Z are basically non existent because all they really do in the house is mean girl poo poo. Z's even let it slip that she refuses to talk about Paulie in the dr, which is probably why they didn't get a showcase like the other showmances.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Glenn is forever a split second too late.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I hate the concept of returning houseguests, but this is the best way they've done it so far. Houseguests weren't sequestered together (which otherwise serves to blow up the games of interesting and strategic players since everyone tells everyone else all their secrets), and people who lasted longer in the game are given a better chance of returning.

That said, it was kind of annoying that they spoiled Victor winning by giving him two DRs holding the belt while commenting on the competitions.

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 23, 2016

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

gently caress this season. :negative:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well good job Tiff, you lost a puzzle comp to Victor. Worst case scenario, I would have rather had Jozea come back in. Victor is going to look to Bro Up immediately.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Not sure why you wouldn't stick with bottom to the top on that comp. Victor is probably the worst overall to go back, unless he goes after paulie. Don't see that happening though.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Generic American posted:

gently caress this season. :negative:

Yeah, this season is pretty poo poo, and it'll take something incredible to redeem it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, it sounded like Tiffany had the right idea by starting at the bottom and then working her way up. She then immediately abandoned that idea. Doh. She wasn't very good at comps.

I don't have very high expectations for Victor. Who knows if the Tiffany "Trust Frank" thing will get any play. I'm guessing yes, since Paul and Paulie's low key Frank friendless these last two weeks will probably pay off, so the bro thing will probably happen.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

All I have left to root for is Jatalie and their chances aren't looking great.

I'd like to think Victor would go after Paulie but I'm sure he's just going to try to get in with the cool kids because this season is basically a high school drama.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I am kind of glad Tiff went home. She was pretty bad at the game, and was obviously miserable. She didn't really have anyone in the house, so coming back in would have been a huge waste unless she got lucky and won HOH.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Like Corey, I also can't believe she won that Roadkill. And while I would have loved to see her shove it up DaVonne's rear end, if she can't win anything, she's not that useful. Besides, while evicting Day pre-jury would probably be justice, she's a waste of your time at this point, her game is dead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All their games are pretty dead so I don't think Tiffany was any worse than the other options. Bronte would have had Nat but otherwise everyone would have been going back into a hostile house. Tiffany at least would have gone in with Frank and Bridgette and completely caught up on the game. She would have had the best shot at shaking things up. And she really wasn't a bad competitor at all. That's pretty much just a rep Corey gave her because he used her as an excuse as to why he was losing all those team comps. She not only beat him in the Roadkill but also did better in that first tree comp. I'm pretty sure her overall comp performance was pretty much "average."

She screwed up in that Battle Back though. She should have stuck with her initial instinct and built bottom up and then she wouldn't have had the problem. Sadly, that's pretty much Tiffany's deal. She's got good instincts but not enough confidence to follow through on them. I thought Frank/Bridgette could be a strong enough support team to build that confidence but que sera sera. At least now she won't have to be mean girled.

Victor is the worst case, IMO. He's dumb as poo poo, has no friends, is a massive target, and is more likely to be brought back in with Paul and the Bros/Cool Kids. Also, he's annoying, loud, and obnoxious.

That Battle Back episode actually gave me some hope again but it feels all dashed now. Stupid Victor.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Glad that teams and roadkill are gone. Was clearly a failed experiment.

Does Victor actually believe that a jury will ever give the win to someone who was evicted? I honestly don't know why evicted guests even bother going back in given how poor all the prize money is for non 1st place finishes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I actually liked roadkill. It's like F2 v F3 in Survivor. There are stronger voting dynamics and less of a chance that a harmless/unlucky pawn gets screwed by weird bullshit.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

I actually liked roadkill. It's like F2 v F3 in Survivor. There are stronger voting dynamics and less of a chance that a harmless/unlucky pawn gets screwed by weird bullshit.

I think it incentivises giant majority alliances too strongly. A minority alliance has to win both HoH and Roadkill to be able to take anyone out. The ability for minority alliances to compete is something that distinguishes BB from Survivor, and I'm generally not in favor of game mechanics that remove that (primarily because giant alliances are boring from a strategic standpoint).

I agree it's like F2 and F3 in Surivor, in that there are 3 people but only 2 people ever get votes, which is pretty useless.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I could tell James was gonna do that but it seems pretty dumb. Frank and Bridgette never would have gone after him and Nat, so if they'd won a future HoH it'd be good for him.

I mean really, if he put up Victor with Frank, would the majority of the house hold that against him? It's so easy to say he made a promise to Bridgette and who really cares what happens with Victor anyway.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Oh James :smithicide:

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

I could tell James was gonna do that but it seems pretty dumb. Frank and Bridgette never would have gone after him and Nat, so if they'd won a future HoH it'd be good for him.

I mean really, if he put up Victor with Frank, would the majority of the house hold that against him? It's so easy to say he made a promise to Bridgette and who really cares what happens with Victor anyway.

Yeah I don't get it that seems like a really dumb move on his part. I'm kind of surprised that Natalie isn't more pissed off. He put her one remaining friend up in a way that makes her look shady by association and he's doing the bidding of the people who used her as a pawn and sent her other closest ally home.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think it was dumb of James. He did the same thing with Shelli last season. At some point you're the guy whose word means nothing. And in this case you're burning someone who is close to your showmance and wouldn't have had anywhere else to go when Frank goes.

Put up Frank and Victor. Tell Frank you kept your word to Bridgette and they have a fighting shot. Tell the rest of the house you kept to your word to everyone, put up Frank, put up Victor, kept his word to Bridgette and Day. Worst case scenario Victor goes home and you can be Frank and Bridgette that you did them a favor not putting them up together.

It was a weak move from James. He gave into the pressure of Paulie and the house. James has never been one who can see two moves ahead and it burned him there.

Id make a bet that Paulie will now try and use Victor, Paul, or the Frank/Bridgette survivor to go after James and Nat.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So I guess the birthday drama isn't going to air, which isn't surprising at this point. The majority of the actual drama isn't making it to air at all. Coupled with bad gameplay all around, this is a really rough season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. From the way the HGs were talking Bridgette called out the mean girl poo poo on the Wall and they chose not to air it. They've made that choice over and over again. They don't want the audience to know that this a less racist BB15.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Going back on the deal with Bridgette was the best move for James. He is going to have 1 furious survivor of that duo left in the house, and he scored points with everyone else other than Natalie.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TyrantWD posted:

Going back on the deal with Bridgette was the best move for James. He is going to have 1 furious survivor of that duo left in the house, and he scored points with everyone else other than Natalie.

except James is on the outside of the power alliance right now, and is just doing their work for them and weakening his chances to form a counter alliance

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, anytime you're doing what the house wants, you're not in a power position. If you're HOH, you should make moves to flip that around. Draw people in, shuffle the board and get out the targets who pose the biggest risk to you.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This is a show-watcher perspective but it seems to me like Paul has somehow hypnotized the entire house by screaming about friendship all the time. Paulie is literally trying to become him, like he's a cult member or something, and everyone else just totally reversed the revolving door plan for Victor, peer pressuring James into breaking a deal, largely based on Paul's campaign. It seems like Paul/Paulie/Corey/Victor are the new center of the house but James wants to do "what the house wants" and Natalie/Z/Nicole are tied to those guys through showmances, and that accounts for almost the entire house.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Probably bull poo poo:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/07/big-brother-19-fall/

That doesn't leave much time to gut the house and remodel it with a new look.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The fact that no one else has said anything about it means it's more then likely bullshit unless say someone on TAR or Survivor killed someone causing them to can the season.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Teek posted:

Probably bull poo poo:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/07/big-brother-19-fall/

That doesn't leave much time to gut the house and remodel it with a new look.

Scheduled to begin immediately after this season ends? Unlikely. Also, I doubt BB is enough of a ratings powerhouse to take three time slots during the FALL season on CBS. Last time BB aired out of summer was due to the writer's strike and it was mid season anyway.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
People are speculating it will be on CBS all access only, along with the new Star Trek series in order to drive viewers there

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I wouldn't mind the streaming experiment, just to see if it is viable. I wonder if streaming only would change the atmosphere of the show, or if the budget would be severely reduced. Would it have a new host even? It's interesting if true. They could show much more stuff without being confined to the normal schedule.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

ToastyPotato posted:

I wouldn't mind the streaming experiment, just to see if it is viable. I wonder if streaming only would change the atmosphere of the show, or if the budget would be severely reduced. Would it have a new host even? It's interesting if true. They could show much more stuff without being confined to the normal schedule.

They could make a legit chenbot host, they wouldn't need an actual person standing around for the live shows. They could run it year round, with bonuses for how long you can stay in and awarded by evicted houseguests, with enough twists and shakeups to ensure one established team can't just sit there kicking out all the newcomers.

I wouldn't watch it, but I'd skim STAC Goat's summaries.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

bagrada posted:

They could make a legit chenbot host, they wouldn't need an actual person standing around for the live shows. They could run it year round, with bonuses for how long you can stay in and awarded by evicted houseguests, with enough twists and shakeups to ensure one established team can't just sit there kicking out all the newcomers.

I wouldn't watch it, but I'd skim STAC Goat's summaries.

If they changed the format to this it wouldn't even be the same show, it would be some lovely paradise hotel game with less attractive people. I have to imagine it would be the same format just not during the summer. Julie Chen would probably be involved since pushing the CBS All Access platform is a huge goal for CBS moving forward, and Chen is pretty invested in CBS's success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Not sure if this just happened or not, but the official BB casting website IS accepting submissions again... It closed for the current season back in April. From what I recall, it always opened for the next season after the current season was over for that year.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 27, 2016

• Locked thread