Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Tengames posted:

And then the lord got a new pc to run dolphin 5.0 after he saw a youtube video of mario galaxy 2 at 1080p

Holy crap you aren't kidding :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isi-vffQfLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Does the mini NES have HDMI out?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Soul Glo posted:

Does the mini NES have HDMI out?

Yes. It's the only connection we know for sure it supports.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if they can make an NES that size just think what they can do with the Gameboy

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Instant Sunrise posted:

Yes. It's the only connection we know for sure it supports.

Good. At the very least the games could upscale and work as well as they do through a Retron. I'll probably grab one of these if only for the novelty.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

smell this posted:

if they can make an NES that size just think what they can do with the Gameboy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A SNES thing would be even better and worth the money. I've seen others point this out but it's kind of weird that mainstream nostalgia hasn't shifted to the SNES as that generation grows up. I guess the 16 bit sprites don't work as neatly for screenprinting?

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 14, 2016

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Tengames posted:

theres an nes emulator that turns them into 3d models?

Holy poo poo , i gotta see this!

This is a weird future we live in.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tender Bender posted:

A SNES thing would be even better and worth the money. I've seen others point this out but it's kind of weird that mainstream nostalgia hasn't shifted to the SNES as that generation grows up. I guess the 16 bit sprites don't work as neatly for screenprinting?

It's probably coming along the way, just that nintendo intends to start off in order of their consoles so NES makes sense as a starting point.

My only question is if Nintendo is doing a famicom mini, and what different games it'd have.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

naturally, it still doesn't have a backlit screen

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Raserys posted:

You really don't want your Gameboy to give you skin cancer

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Raserys posted:

Sheesh, so picky! Fine, I'll make another

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Wheany posted:

Holy poo poo , i gotta see this!

This is a weird future we live in.

Anyone have a link?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

epsilon posted:

Anyone have a link?

This channel

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Here's a pig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ij0ZaHgFSg&t=40s

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

I'll admit this is amusing but this really shows the direction the Paper Mario games have evolved in the past few games.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

what the gently caress?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

drkeiscool posted:

what the gently caress?

https://i.imgur.com/F2IYRES.webm

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
That doesn't really gamexplain anything

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's wacky and random like movie 43 or epic movie

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCh9--2xcKk

CG trailer for what's likely Sonic Generations 2 (no official title given yet, though). It's coming to NX along with PS4, PC, and Bone. Since it's not coming to smartphones and the like, that should be some confirmation the NX can run games requiring superior tech than Wii U for what it's worth. :shrug:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just caught up on this thread and I was quite surprised by the average games per buyer per console statistics that someone posted a while back. I presume that those don't include pre-owned games which are ominpresent these days, but I don't think that they were nearly as prevalent in early generations due to a lack of eBay/Amazon and many other reasons. I think that I have 14 Wii U games, all but one of which is a physical version and only a handful of which I bought new, not including VC games and the like. I feel like I have a huge library now, which I will probably never finish.

In terms of the NX, I'm still holding out hope that they will go the console/handheld hybrid route even though they probably won't. I'm also very doubtful that it will come out in March of next year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JustJeff88 posted:

I just caught up on this thread and I was quite surprised by the average games per buyer per console statistics that someone posted a while back. I presume that those don't include pre-owned games which are ominpresent these days, but I don't think that they were nearly as prevalent in early generations due to a lack of eBay/Amazon and many other reasons. I think that I have 14 Wii U games, all but one of which is a physical version and only a handful of which I bought new, not including VC games and the like. I feel like I have a huge library now, which I will probably never finish.

In terms of the NX, I'm still holding out hope that they will go the console/handheld hybrid route even though they probably won't. I'm also very doubtful that it will come out in March of next year.

preowned was always around but what was even bigger was rental

nx is likely to be a hybrid because the rumors have been pretty consistent about it but who knows

it will deffo release in march or else their stock craters at end of march earnings

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Real hurthling! posted:

preowned was always around but what was even bigger was rental

nx is likely to be a hybrid because the rumors have been pretty consistent about it but who knows

it will deffo release in march or else their stock craters at end of march earnings

I forgot about rental despite doing it quite a lot. I rented Final Fantasy (the original) on the NES so many times that I could have just saved up and bought the drat game.

As for the rest, we'll see. Regardless, I can't see myself not buying the NX when it debuts along with Zelda, but I will have to decide which version after the whole Twilight Princess thing. Granted, most of my disdain for the Wii version was due to the controls. Somewhat ironically, I love the Wii U, which sold like crap, and I felt that the Wii was a huge disappointment despite it selling like the proverbial hotcakes. I only still have a Wii for the "Newer" Super Mario games.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

This is why I stopped with the series after the waste of time/money that was Sticker Star. Youtube will provide me with anything I need to be amused by or soundtrack pieces I need to hear.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo tells the world "we don't really make Pokemon Go", and their stock drops like a rock. Expect that to dominate the Nintendo news cycle til we hear about the NX

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo tells the world "we don't really make Pokemon Go", and their stock drops like a rock. Expect that to dominate the Nintendo news cycle til we hear about the NX

But what about all of those amazing games they announced at E3? I mean, there was Breath of the Wild, and...and...

and...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Don't forget about Mario Party

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo announced Rythem Heaven Megamix at E3 and released it on the same day, because Nintendo loving rules.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Well it's still higher than it was at the start since it demonstrated the value of their IP.

Market speculators are dumb, five minutes of research could have told them what the ownership situation is.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Slur posted:

But what about all of those amazing games they announced at E3? I mean, there was Breath of the Wild, and...and...

and...

Come on now. How did you forget about BoxBoy 2?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Their money this year will come from their other mobile games, including Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem which will be out in a few months and will almost certainly make a lot of money, even if it's not Pokemon Go money (and they'll still be drawing direct income from Go via that dongle they're selling).

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SilverSupernova posted:

Come on now. How did you forget about BoxBoy 2?

You SHOULDN'T because that game is VERY GOOD

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

quote:

The Pokémon Company, which is an affiliated company of Nintendo Co., Ltd. (the "Company"), holds the ownership rights to Pokémon. The Pokémon Company is going to receive a licensing fee as well as compensation for collaboration in the development and operations of the application.
(Nintendo) owns 32% of the voting power of The Pokémon Company. The Pokémon Company is the Company’s affiliated company, accounted for by using the equity method. Because of this accounting scheme, the income reflected on the Company’s consolidated business results is limited.
Also, a peripheral device for use with the application, "Pokémon GO Plus," which will be produced and distributed by the Company, is scheduled for release. All of the above are reflected in the financial forecast ending March 31, 2017 as set forth on April 27, 2016.

I don't know if "investors are idiots who didn't pay attention" reflects that badly on Nintendo, who was not in the news period before the game came out. Plus as greatn mentioned, the Verge article I found gave a 17% drop, after the last few weeks' ~45% bump. It makes for some funny articles about investors not doing their due diligence though.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Saoshyant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCh9--2xcKk

CG trailer for what's likely Sonic Generations 2 (no official title given yet, though). It's coming to NX along with PS4, PC, and Bone. Since it's not coming to smartphones and the like, that should be some confirmation the NX can run games requiring superior tech than Wii U for what it's worth. :shrug:

its not really confirming anything about the potential power of the console. they ported 360 games to the wii, if for some reason you think power is an issue. im pretty sure the new zelda trailer was running on something less powerful than the wiiu anyways

some of the buzz about the hardware is that its going to be using a pretty high end mobile SOC, one with actual dedicated graphics hardware that isnt just a general purpose smartphone SOC. Amd has both an ARM and x86 based "gaming" APU in the works, the announcements and timelines kind of hint at nintendo using that for the nx. it is not even that much of a stretch to assume they're squeezing wiiu levels of power out of a mobile chipset, tegra was and still is ludicrously powerful, it's just not used in that many devices because nvidia's licensing is a real pain to deal with (and because of that very few programs utilize its power)

if nintendo really is using amd's new arm chipset there's still no reason that it would get ported to smartphones

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm also very doubtful that it will come out in March of next year.

Ehh. They don't tend to slip on hardware releases. They slip on having any drat software released for the new hardware, but they release in March pretty consistently.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Their money this year will come from their other mobile games, including Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem which will be out in a few months

I normally don't go in for IAP, but holy jesus christ, if this game is even half as addictive and polished as the previous versions, I will drop all of my surveybux on this. I'm having fun with Pokemon GO, but this goddamned game is the one I'm waiting for :allears:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I normally don't go in for IAP, but holy jesus christ, if this game is even half as addictive and polished as the previous versions, I will drop all of my surveybux on this. I'm having fun with Pokemon GO, but this goddamned game is the one I'm waiting for :allears:

It'll probably be more like Happy Home Designer or the Amiibo game than a full-fledged Animal Crossing game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

It'll probably be more like Happy Home Designer or the Amiibo game than a full-fledged Animal Crossing game.

Nah, Animal Crossing was a mobile game before mobile games even existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nah, Animal Crossing was a mobile game before mobile games even existed.

They've said the game is going to be made to "be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems". I think they're looking at it as an ancillary game title, not a flagship one.

They've also said it's going to have more gameplay elements than Miitomo, which shows what kind of bar they've set.

• Locked thread