Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

exquisite tea posted:

If Trump wins I think I'm going to try to help people more. I mean that's kind of what I do for a living already but it seems like 2017 would be a good time for that two-year stint in Peace Corps I've always wanted.

my cousin had his head bashed in when he worked for the peace corps and barely survived. looking forward to Trump bringing this kind of Can Do attitude back to the good ol U S of A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Antti posted:

I'd get started now because Peace Corps might no longer be a thing under a Trump/GOP run executive branch.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Al! posted:

my cousin had his head bashed in when he worked for the peace corps and barely survived. looking forward to Trump bringing this kind of Can Do attitude back to the good ol U S of A

Well it's either this or getting your head bashed in by the Trumpstaffel here at home.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

our bones will line the wall

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

survey conducted June 30-July 6

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Al! posted:

I thought this said press corps

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boosted_C5 posted:

Well Donald Trump is the SEC candidate so we're going to smash that sissy PAC-12 team.

Lol Trump is Tebow

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I really hope Trump wins the popular but gets creamed in the electoral.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Antti posted:

Good luck operating your solar-powered farmbot in a New England winter.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Swedgin posted:

survey conducted June 30-July 6

If the numbers hold and Trump loses college educated whites then it makes North Carolina and Georgia actually possible Hillary pickups. Particularly if the GOTV operations don't wind up for Trump in time.

GOTV is only worth about 1-3% but with this election that might make the difference. Hillary can lose PA, OH, AND FL and still win with Virginia and either North Carolina and Georgia.

Then again, Hillary is shockingly terrible at this. Also, nothing matters.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

blue squares posted:

I thought this said press corps

the press corps will have their heads bashed in that's just a given

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

There's more work involved putting that thing together and managing the app (and maintaining it when it definitely breaks down because holy poo poo that thing looks flimsy as gently caress) than the hour or two it would take a week to maintain a garden that size.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Al! posted:

whole lotta arzying over some nate silver clickbait, I wonder what actual academics think.

PEC only uses state polls so they will lag behind a national shift. That said, that's probably a feature at this point since polling right now will be a bit unstable.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Karl Sharks posted:

does it not do anything about the roots of the weeds?

At a glance, "all the food you need" appears to be strictly salad vegetables and herbs. I wonder how well it scales to wheat or even shell beans. (Answer: not.)

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arsenic Lupin posted:

At a glance, "all the food you need" appears to be strictly salad vegetables and herbs. I wonder how well it scales to wheat or even shell beans. (Answer: not.)

The root smashing arm also kills protein sources that pass nearby.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
God drat America.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i knew y'all would overreact to the convention bump

so why is trump citing cnn

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SuperDucky posted:

God drat America.

A pretty accurate description of 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i made the mistake of reading the last 500 posts in this thread at work, where twitter is blocked :smith:

still a good thread though guys keep it up :thumbsup:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bryter posted:

Is anything in that article actually new?

From way back but in this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/opinion/sunday/is-donald-trump-a-racist.html

No. But expect all the crazy poo poo that was published about Trump in the 90s and I have been reposting in this thread on the reg to pop up again and again closer to November, as Clinton's oppo team innundates outlets with that info and those outlets look to get more eyes.

Nothing we learned about Romney during the summer was new (other than the 47% video), didn't make the testimonials in the attack ads any less devastating.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/757591534132989952

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Keep in mind those guys are funded by David Brock / Blue Nation Review.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

So either that farmbot is loving gigantic or it's marketed towards a tortoise on a starvation diet.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
To me, The crazy thing about these polls isn't necessarily Trump's numbers, which have mostly stayed in his 41-45 range, but rather that Clinton has seemed to nosedive, to the high 30s in some cases. There's a real confidence and enthusiasm gap with the Democratic nominee, which, if the convention goes well, should turn around, hopefully.

Hopefully Democrats will stop sulking, but I think the dream of winning by 10+ is not looking great.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

will farmbot farm me a five guys hamburger

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I had a dream last night about talking to a lady in the elevator. She seemed to hate the conversation, even though my jokes were killer. Only when we got out of the elevator did I notice that I was wearing the hat. Wft thread?

And the myth that djt is following this thread in cspam isn't that far fetched given all his typos. The guy probably still thinks he's on the C-SPAN forum.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Democrazy posted:

To me, The crazy thing about these polls isn't necessarily Trump's numbers, which have mostly stayed in his 41-45 range, but rather that Clinton has seemed to nosedive, to the high 30s in some cases. There's a real confidence and enthusiasm gap with the Democratic nominee, which, if the convention goes well, should turn around, hopefully.

Hopefully Democrats will stop sulking, but I think the dream of winning by 10+ is not looking great.

These polls the general ballot for dems still has a big advantage over the GOP, unless that has changed too

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Every once in a while somebody in this thread mentions Daily Show writers working for Hillary's twitter team, but I can't find any info to back that up. Can somebody help out with a reference or two? I'm trying to pitch something about it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mitt Romney posted:

Now I am imaging a bunch of conservatives stumbling around in Lycra and facepaint doing mime.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Mitt Romney posted:

Only until recently, though, and they're also Kickstarter backed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

jackofarcades posted:

PEC only uses state polls so they will lag behind a national shift. That said, that's probably a feature at this point since polling right now will be a bit unstable.

I said it before, I'll say it again. National polls right now are worthless till August at the earliest. Convention bumps are going to be in play. That's also not going into that this year, it feels like the national polls are finally going to rot and die. Yeah, they're a good bellwether, but it feels like state polls are going to be more important from here on out.

Utah isn't solid red, and Colorado isn't solid blue? That's really odd. Arizona feels odder, but then again, latino vote may swing it over.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/757597554137792512

god damnit guys

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

iospace posted:

Utah isn't solid red, and Colorado isn't solid blue? That's really odd. Arizona feels odder, but then again, latino vote may swing it over.

Mormons really really really dislike Trump, I think I saw polling a couple of months back where both Clinton and Trump had about 20% approve in Utah. It will probably still go to Trump but it will probably be the state with the heaviest swing towards the Democrats relative to 2012.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loving

Get out of my neighborhood you dwebs

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

This is cool and good

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6HrFJmzis

22 mins of vic berger :eyepop:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

The Larch posted:

So either that farmbot is loving gigantic or it's marketed towards a tortoise on a starvation diet.

It's on rails so you could have a really long garden, or even several rows if it was able to negotiate a turn. It's still kind of useless because wtf else are you going to be spending your time on post-collapse, but whatever

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/757594746030350336

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boosted_C5 posted:

A lot longer than that. This is no mere "convention bounce"

The American people have been sold a lie for months by the media and the Democrats. Last week, and late Thursday night, Mr. Trump showed them EXACTLY what it is he is actually selling them.

And they loved it.

Mitt Romney was LOSING to Obama on the Monday after his convention. Donald Trump is soaring.

#MAGA

Consume dong through your butt and/or mouth

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mainwaring posted:

Mormons really really really dislike Trump, I think I saw polling a couple of months back where both Clinton and Trump had about 20% approve in Utah. It will probably still go to Trump but it will probably be the state with the heaviest swing towards the Democrats relative to 2012.

Any reason why they don't like him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Enjoy protesting in the 95 degree heat guys, maybe some of them will go down from heat exhaustion.

• Locked thread