Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wait that DQ one came out March of last year. It just never got localized, bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mega64 posted:

It's probably a pretty good game so I'm not going to talk too much poo poo about it, but I don't really get the reason this game exists. But if it's good that's reason enough, right?

I don't get why this game tweeks you so much that you're questioning its existence. It's a turn-based FF mash-up like Dissidia with interesting battle mechanics.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i dont think the guy who did an lp of the after years is allowed to criticize

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The game exists because someone at SE thought it would be a cool idea and someone else agreed that they thought it would make money, op

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sakurazuka posted:

The game exists because someone at SE thought it would be a cool idea and someone else agreed that they thought it would make money, op

What the gently caress

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

HD DAD posted:

As lovely as FF3 is, its soundtrack is pretty top-notch.

FF3 is the only good NES Final Fantasy game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Going to Final Fantasy Distant Worlds in Houston tonight, woo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey guess who showed his face in the latest Kingsglaive trailer

it's ultros

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

There better be profligate octopus puns then.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

I just found out that one of the my friends is related to the actress/model who voices the Crowe character. Kingsglaive is probably the biggest role for some of the actors.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

CottonWolf posted:

Gotta wrap my head around this one.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CottonWolf posted:

I'll try to ink a few.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

CottonWolf posted:

If I did I'd feel slimy.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

bloodychill posted:

Going to Final Fantasy Distant Worlds in Houston tonight, woo

I went as well. Battle on the big bridge was my favorite but holy poo poo that 15 minute battle medley! No wonder he said they never thought they would do it live. Did you see the hojo and lucrecia cosplay?

Going to the one in dallas too. Really wanna hear answers live since im a giant 14 fanboy.

Edit: phone posting on my way back yo san antonio.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 24, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Failboattootoot posted:

I went as well. Battle on the big bridge was my favorite but holy poo poo that 15 minute battle medley! No wonder he said they never thought they would do it live. Did you see the hojo and lucrecia cosplay?

Going to the one in dallas too. Really wanna hear answers live since im a giant 14 fanboy.

Edit: phone posting on my way back yo san antonio.

I did see that cosplay and people kept asking them for photos. It was pretty good.

As for the music, the stand-outs for me were Balamb Garden, which was just a transcendent performance and arrangement for a song in a game I otherwise dislike, and the FF6 character medley, which was very well-done and hit the nostalgia centers of my brainstuffs hard. I had high hopes for Battle with the Four Fiends since it's my favorite battle theme in the series but the direction was lackluster (started too quiet, everything felt slightly off). Battle on the Big Bridge was very good but the percussion and brass drowned out the strings at some critical points.

The fight medley was just delightful and my only complaint was it doubled up Blinded by Light. Even with that, it was a really fun performance. Roses of May was also really good. Overall it was just a fantastic evening with a near-perfect set list. I'd only really wished it could have been longer :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

I did see that cosplay and people kept asking them for photos. It was pretty good.

As for the music, the stand-outs for me were Balamb Garden, which was just a transcendent performance and arrangement for a song in a game I otherwise dislike, and the FF6 character medley, which was very well-done and hit the nostalgia centers of my brainstuffs hard. I had high hopes for Battle with the Four Fiends since it's my favorite battle theme in the series but the direction was lackluster (started too quiet, everything felt slightly off). Battle on the Big Bridge was very good but the percussion and brass drowned out the strings at some critical points.

The fight medley was just delightful and my only complaint was it doubled up Blinded by Light. Even with that, it was a really fun performance. Roses of May was also really good. Overall it was just a fantastic evening with a near-perfect set list. I'd only really wished it could have been longer :allears:

I assume it was Blinded By Light and Crimson Blitz (the remix for Lightning Returns) rather than just one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

I assume it was Blinded By Light and Crimson Blitz (the remix for Lightning Returns) rather than just one.

It's possible but since in the medley it's a shortened version, it's hard to differentiate.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

bloodychill posted:

Yeah the brass section was off the whole night. I also felt the dude working the chimes was really overzealous during Hymn of the Fayth / The Sending.

I felt the same way about Blinded by Light even though I love that song, and I also felt a little scammed by the ff6 medley since he said they were going to do themes they never did before and then proceeded to play Terra's and Celes'. both of which had been done before. Still a great piece though, just wish it was Gau and Cyan (and Kefka and Locke).

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah the brass section was off the whole night. I also felt the dude working the chimes was really overzealous during Hymn of the Fayth / The Sending.

I felt the same way about Blinded by Light even though I love that song, and I also felt a little scammed by the ff6 medley since he said they were going to do themes they never did before and then proceeded to play Terra's and Celes'. both of which had been done before. Still a great piece though, just wish it was Gau and Cyan (and Kefka and Locke).

Hah, yes I totally agree about the over-zealous chimes guy. I almost laughed during it but the guy sitting next to me was clearly an FFX superfan and I didn't want to ruin it for him. It was also an otherwise really enjoyable performance of the pieces so...

I also agree about the FF6 character themes but ah well. The friend I went with had a good time and his only complaint was that they didn't perform a full version of Dancing Mad.

Unrelated but I'm pretty certain every person there was playing Pokemon Go.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

CottonWolf posted:

I eight to break it to ya, but I can't ink of anything octo top of my head.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I eight to break it to ya, but I can't ink of anything octo top of my head.

I'm a real sucker for these puns.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The ffxiii series' treatment of Sazh is truly its greatest flaw.

Gets the least development in 13 of the main cast, is DLC in 13-2, and I just did his quest in Lightning Returns and even though he's technically part of the main quest, he really felt like a side quest with the level of importance and effort they put into it.

Why do they waste their most likable character like this

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
the most likeable character is actually lightning

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The most likable character is the idea that the wold is going to end because of the irreverence everything is treated with during side quests or in environment fluff.

Sazh was always the token old guy so his character was never going to go anywhere in a jRPG writer's hands.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
chocobocolina

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wait can I change my answer for the most likeable character of the 13 series to the embodiment of being too cool that possesses Lightning when she says"meow meow chocochow"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

meowmeowchocochow

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

tbh i thought sazh was the only likeable character in FF13

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They were all bad, he was just less bad

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i genuinely liked sazh and his story

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Gotta pay for that budget somehow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So America is confirmed to exist in this Final Fantasy?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Rirse posted:

Well yes of course, Versus/XV and XIII are both part of Fabula Nova Crystallis, where France exists.

So obviously America exists, too.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

America is obviously just an old Tenebraean word for "fast". Don't you judge their cultures.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rirse posted:

Since 1997 at least

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Terper posted:

America is obviously just an old Tenebraean word for "fast". Don't you judge their cultures.
Makes sense given all the main characters' names. Fast Express fits right in.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

multijoe posted:

Since 1997 at least

In FF7, Texas is a brand of condom. Pretty sure there's a deleted scene in the Golden Saucer sky-car scene where Cloud says something along the lines of "Everything's bigger in Texas."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

bloodychill posted:

In FF7, Texas is a brand of condom. Pretty sure there's a deleted scene in the Golden Saucer sky-car scene where Cloud says something along the lines of "Everything's bigger in Texas."

That'd only be available with the Barrett date, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mega64 posted:

That'd only be available with the Barrett date, right?

Naturally!