Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Berke Negri posted:

this was hilariously actually debunked after the buzzfeed writer wrote it, he called the wrong trump tower cafe it turned out later

yeah but it was only a special thing, not regularly on the menu even then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Arrgytehpirate posted:

He did a heroic act then went into self preservation mode. What would have been accomplished from him going to jail?

actual moral heroism which is not the same as 'behaving as a rational actor'

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
snowden was the personification of a rereg gimmick account

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
so we're pretending that trump's gonna win and that snowden wanted to wind up in russia i guess now

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

V. Illych L. posted:

influential people were openly calling for trying him for treason & the death penalty, it is not unreasonable of him to fear such

that's bullshit

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Disinterested posted:

actual moral heroism which is not the same as 'behaving as a rational actor'

is moral heroism required to not be labelled a coward?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Jagchosis posted:

so we're pretending that trump's gonna win and that snowden wanted to wind up in russia i guess now

i don't think he wanted to wind up in russia, no

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Translation that from Troopfolk for me?

Because I want to know if my interpretation is correct.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

V. Illych L. posted:

it is if you're going to portray yourself as a moral hero

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

He did a heroic act then went into self preservation mode. What would have been accomplished from him going to jail?

ideological purity is super loving important on these forums

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

V. Illych L. posted:

i know what conversation you're having but it's not the one i'm having

and no

i don't think he's a coward but i do think you can't dismiss everything he's done as all super good and ok either

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i don't think he wanted to wind up in russia, no

volk seems to think so and whatever your position is (didn't read) it's probably stupid so w/e

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

paranoid randroid posted:

what snowden did was probably correct but i tend to view getting exiled to putins back pocket kind of hilarious in a twilight zone kind of way

yeah if you ever have watched some of his russian media appearances (usually by stream never actual physical appearance) he comes on and is like yeah, like i exposed in america the government does all these terrible things here but thanks to putin here well, we don't have to worry about anything like that

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
in conclusion, snowden is a man of contrasts

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yo this rear end in a top hat takking at facilities management day just called students customers gently caress this oval office

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

im not pretending the first thing, friendo. im knowing.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Jagchosis posted:

volk seems to think so and whatever your position is (didn't read) it's probably stupid so w/e

my position is he did an okay thing, then undermined it by running away and inadvertently becoming a stooge; coward was probably the wrong word.

he is a self-important rear end though.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Volkerball posted:

it is if you're going to portray yourself as a moral hero

this is incoherent

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

im not pretending the first thing, friendo. im knowing.

youre just pissy because you live in la

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Randler posted:

Translation that from Troopfolk for me?

Because I want to know if my interpretation is correct.

It means it's not his fault that he's a cherry forever and I feel bad for him and he probably felt like poo poo about it for a long time.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jagchosis posted:

where else was he gonna end up once he decided he would try to flee? you don't exactly get to move to london.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

what im getting at is that the real cyberpunk conclusion to this would be that snowden has been dead for years and what we see is just the ghost in a machine that FSB compiled of him to use after they deep brain scanned him and killed him

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Yo this rear end in a top hat takking at facilities management day just called students customers gently caress this oval office

they are

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

what im getting at is that the real cyberpunk conclusion to this would be that snowden has been dead for years and what we see is just the ghost in a machine that FSB compiled of him to use after they deep brain scanned him and killed him

you played too much new vegas

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

that's bullshit

in any event, it's not terribly material to my point

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

in any event, it's not terribly material to my point

it seems pretty central to it

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

my position is he did an okay thing, then undermined it by running away and inadvertently becoming a stooge; coward was probably the wrong word.

he is a self-important rear end though.

i think that it is pretty understandable to not want to rot in supermax for 30 - life and still have no one care

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Close to buying legion

But I have no time to play it

Fahhhh

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Everything wrong with American higher ed in one terrible, boring and monotone speech that's probably meant to motivate us. I don't know who the gently caress this rear end in a top hat is but I'm gonna find out.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

you played too much new vegas

i really did.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Volkerball posted:

where else was he gonna end up once he decided he would try to flee? you don't exactly get to move to london.

he was going to ecuador when state dept revoked his passport stranding him in russia numbnuts

or el salvador. one of them spanish e states

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It means it's not his fault that he's a cherry forever and I feel bad for him and he probably felt like poo poo about it for a long time.

Cherry means what?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jagchosis posted:

i think that it is pretty understandable to not want to rot in supermax for 30 - life and still have no one care

you watch anime, so i wouldn't expect you to understand the concepts of dignity and honor

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

it seems pretty central to it

why? the fear of death is, again, a matter of degree of punishment, not really a matter of kind

why should "being executed" legitimise a different kind of action than, say, "being locked in a dark hole for the rest of your life"

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Randler posted:

Cherry means what?

No deployment/no kills depending on who you ask

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Cherry means what?

never deployed.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Jagchosis posted:

he wouldn't have gone to supermax, and by running away threw out any possible chance for the administration to show him any leniency.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Here is a link to the entire email chain with 'taco bowl engagement' - it's clearly about the pandering and subject ends up being dropped with "ehhh we already did the video with him calling Mexicans rapists, let's leave it at that" lol.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

Close to buying legion

But I have no time to play it

Fahhhh
Lose your family, lose your job.
Gain a legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid