Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

System Metternich posted:

Bavaria: God's own country. Best beer, best food, best landscape, best language, best religion, best economy, best traditional attire. The government sucks though which I suspect is due to infiltration by the dreaded Protestant
Haha, as if german beer wasn't literally the worst in the world before american beer.

Northern Germany (coastal area): Fishermen with hosed up hats drinking Korn all day. Speak maybe one word or two per day, and when they do talk it's practically in Danish, i.e. not a language at all
That does sound like home tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

Haha, as if german beer wasn't literally the worst in the world before american beer.

Weissbier is not real Bier anyway.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

az posted:

I'm gonna go there soon but to see Jasmin "Blümchen" Wagner. It's gonna be either the best thing or the worst thing I'm not sure yet.
ok I feel like we need to stage an intervention

The last time I've seen somebody actually wear one of those it was a super old dude in the village I grew up in during the 90s.

edit:

quote:

Wow maybe don't drink Plörre??

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

botany posted:

The last time I've seen somebody actually wear one of those it was a super old dude in the village I grew up in during the 90s.
My father wears one to the Gartenarbeit and when buying fish from the Kutters at the Hafen.

az posted:

Weissbier is not real Bier anyway.
Weissbier is just the base component of Weisse mit Schuss and not meant for human consumption on its own.

az
Dec 2, 2005

It's good we can put our differences with terrorism aside and focus on the real, eternal enemy here, other Germans.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

botany posted:

Wow maybe don't drink Plörre??
Tut mir leid, my friend. Belgian beer or nachhausegehn.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mithaldu posted:

My father wears one to the Gartenarbeit and when buying fish from the Kutters at the Hafen.

Hahaha aww man that takes me back :shobon:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

That reminds me. Stralsund is a wild place. Someone actually blew up a fish kutter to free up the space so another kutter could use it, and since there was no evidence the police could do nothing.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Looks like the Ansbach bomber maybe wasn't trying to blow himself up, as he had two cellphones and was putting down the rucksack when it exploded.

And he did a lot of "hectic" phoning beforehand, so police are thinking it was a real terror attack.

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/weltspiegel/nach-dem-anschlag-von-ansbach-attentaeter-sollte-abgeschoben-werden/13922610.html

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish

az posted:

It's good we can put our differences with terrorism aside and focus on the real, eternal enemy here, other Germans.

Now, now, let's not be hasty...

First we'd have to determine who's really a proper "German".

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Rushputin posted:

Now, now, let's not be hasty...

First we'd have to determine who's really a proper "German".

That's pretty simple: anyone who speaks my dialect.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

az posted:

simpsons_natural_enemies.jpeg

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

:f5:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
I don't know why but I always found northern Germans (like idk Hamburg and north of that) to be the most likable Germans apart from Allgäuer of course. Maybe it's because they are similarly "maulfaul". So it's basically deep south or far north. Everything inbetween can get nuked.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

:yeah:

To get a bit more detailed:

Bavaria: God's own country. Best beer, best food, best landscape, best language, best religion, best economy, best traditional attire. The government sucks though which I suspect is due to infiltration by the dreaded Protestant
Baden-Württemberg: While the Catholics in there know how to have a good time, the Protestants have a stick rammed up their rear end all the way up to the head. Spend every second they're not cleaning the sidewalks with trying to minimise their expenses some more.
Saxony: Outside of the cities a blasted wasteland full of Nazis speaking in guttural noises they pretend are a language. The Sorbs are cool, though.
Rhineland: Outside of the Ruhr area it's Karneval 24/7 all day, every day. Wine comes from the faucet there. The Ruhr area is nothing but chimneys and coal dust and misery.
Northern Germany (coastal area): Fishermen with hosed up hats drinking Korn all day. Speak maybe one word or two per day, and when they do talk it's practically in Danish, i.e. not a language at all
Northern Germany (everywhere else): Literally this. Protestant devils conspiring to keep Bavaria down. Used to get a boner when they see, hear, feel, taste, smell or think about anything military-related, probably still do. They're all mentally deranged, probably from too little beer and because of how flat everything is up there
Everything I didn't mention: Here be lions

My Bavarian friends confirm this is absolutely true.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

bronin posted:

I don't know why but I always found northern Germans (like idk Hamburg and north of that) to be the most likable Germans apart from Allgäuer of course. Maybe it's because they are similarly "maulfaul". So it's basically deep south or far north. Everything inbetween can get nuked.

Schleich di IRL

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Afriscipio posted:

My Bavarian friends confirm this is absolutely true.

A wise man once said about northern Germany:

Mao Tse Tung war bei uns nie so'n Thema, Muttern sacht Politiker die komm' und die geh'n ma.

Which proves Bavarians are huge commies!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

That's pretty simple: anyone who speaks my dialect.
Anyone who speaks the legally mandated and taught lingua franca of germany: Hochdeutsch. :colbert:

The Real Foogla posted:

A wise man once said about northern Germany:

Mao Tse Tung war bei uns nie so'n Thema, Muttern sacht Politiker die komm' und die geh'n ma.

Which proves Bavarians are huge commies!
Actually true, many north germans have literally no opinion about politics.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Actually true, many north germans have literally no opinion about politics.

We actually do, we just don't care enough to talk about it. Because that would require talking. Which we don't do.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

We actually do, we just don't care enough to talk about it. Because that would require talking. Which we don't do.

Yeah ok, that's more accurate.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Mithaldu posted:

Anyone who speaks the legally mandated and taught lingua franca of germany: Hochdeutsch. :colbert:

A hosed up artificial language designed by *recoils visibly* Martin Luther, which makes it the German version of Sauron's Dark Tongue. Bavarian otoh can be traced all the way back to the 6th century and is the true and living language of the people. Need I say more? :smugdog:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Ok, which language is more religious?

az
Dec 2, 2005

A typical conversation between two Hamburger

"Bayern wa"
*shrugs*
*drinks Holsten/Flens/Astra/Dithmarscher in silence for fifteen minutes*

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB07aLp7u2g&t=49s

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Mithaldu posted:

quote:

Der Amokläufer von München hat nach Angaben der Polizei mehrere Opfer mit Kopfschüssen getötet und sich dabei vermutlich an Killerspielen orientiert.
drat killer games. Otherwise he wouldn't have had any idea where to shoot to kill a human.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUOeYcG0WyQ

e X fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 25, 2016

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

pro click

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

niethan posted:

Schleich di IRL

I was still recovering from "Here be Lions", but now I'm actually dying.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

All I hear is a bunch of ugly poo poo surrounded by Frankfurt.

Super weird to see him do Königsberg and Breslau though, but I guess this was probably the late 60s and it wasn't that long before that when those places were German.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Drone posted:

All I hear is a bunch of ugly poo poo surrounded by Frankfurt.

Super weird to see him do Königsberg and Breslau though, but I guess this was probably the late 60s and it wasn't that long before that when those places were German.

My guess is he learned to do those accents at some point and didn't want to let it go to waste.

Also afaik there's some German speakers in those areas to this day.

Frankfurt accent cutest accent.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

This man is a national treasure. :haw:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was still recovering from "Here be Lions", but now I'm actually dying.
I appreciated that bit as well, but forgot to comment.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

proest of clicks

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Alles was nicht ostwestfälisch ist soll in Flammen niedergehen.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
no god would be cruel enough to destroy everything but Paderborn.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Something to lighten the mood:

WIZO - Adagio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0aPfMuK9X0

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

botany posted:

no god would be cruel enough to destroy everything but Paderborn.

Obviously Paderborn would be destroyed as well to make room for Randlerpolis. (At least that's partly the reason. Not gonna be so stupid as to build Randlerpolis right on those 30 something river sources.)

az
Dec 2, 2005

I'll have to drive in between Bielefeld and Paderborn on my way to nature one soon and I hope I don't get stuck in some time and space hole.

Also whoever put nature one and airforce on the same date is a terrible person, possibly even a bavarian :argh:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Excuse, me, if we could drive all the religious extremists and neonazis from Oberfranken into Unterfranken, then burn Unterfranken to the Grundmauers, then put Oberfranken on stilts and flood the planet, that would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

The rest of Germany would band together first and saw off your stilts from below because you can't have nice things god damnit.