Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i mean ive never heard of aimee mullins before so i do not know of what her sins are but having really good fake legs is not something im going to chide someone for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

nutranurse posted:

for the life of me, tho, i still cant get why hillary is so hated. a lot of it comes off as misogyny.

Misogyny and that she's a generic pos politician painted as a progressive when she's basically a Republican.

It's a hard line to walk

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Big Short was very good

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Misogyny and that she's a generic pos politician painted as a progressive when she's basically a Republican.

It's a hard line to walk

but she's not basically a republican

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

It's a hard line to walk

Um have you seen Republicans?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

like how can you look at gop politicians today and look at hrc then go "yup, theyre the same on policy, morality."

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

It's a hard line to walk

she's not "basically a republican"

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

if you want some evidence that hrc isn't "basically a republican":

black people overwhelmingly support her.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

i mean ive never heard of aimee mullins before so i do not know of what her sins are but having really good fake legs is not something im going to chide someone for

I'm more chiding her for suggesting everyone can afford million dollar legs, but hey call me misogynist if you want I guess?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

nutranurse posted:

like how can you look at gop politicians today and look at hrc then go "yup, theyre the same on policy, morality."

After a certain point of immorality putting exact values on a politician's immorality is kinda pointless and it's totally acceptable to just group them in the "pond scum" category, op,.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

wormass guy:

https://twitter.com/gilbertjasono/status/753691532948037632

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

nutranurse posted:

for the life of me, tho, i still cant get why hillary is so hated. a lot of it comes off as misogyny.

misogyny and stupidity

yeah she's not loving vladimir lenin but neither is bernie now please shut up white people so we can beat the fascist

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Like we literally just watched the Republican party rage and scream about minorities for four days straight and scream that all lives matter and at the DNC they are going to have the families of victims of police brutality take the stage.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

nutranurse posted:

She's not today's Republicans no but she's got a pretty neo-liberal history.

Fuckbarreling me starts now

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

misogyny and stupidity

yeah she's not loving vladimir lenin but neither is bernie now please shut up white people so we can beat the fascist

nice redbaiting :eyeroll:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I play soccer with a guy who supposedly "voted democrat his whole life" until 2008 and is not a racist and it's confusing as heck.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

this alone discounts most of the smear i hear about her from my white lib friends, online and off, but they never seem to factor this in or think black people are low info voters

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

misogyny and stupidity

*new zealandishly* No, USA, you are the fascist.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Like we literally just watched the Republican party rage and scream about minorities for four days straight and scream that all lives matter and at the DNC they are going to have the families of victims of police brutality take the stage.
but Cleveland didn't literally burn down so it won't be that bad!

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

nutranurse posted:

but she's not basically a republican
that line just irritates the crap out of me

hurr durr Hillary Republican both parties are the same nothing matters

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I'm more chiding her for suggesting everyone can afford million dollar legs, but hey call me misogynist if you want I guess?

i didn't call you a misogynist, weird take

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

nutranurse posted:

"""low information voters""""

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Badger of Basra posted:

she's not "basically a republican"

wormass marxocracker thinks that racial minorities who vote for hillary because they fear for their lives under a hypothetical trump presidency are cowardly sheeple

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I am a moron for presenting myself as this

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
at least Hillary seems to have some sense of loyalty even if it doesn't work out for her very well sometimes. trump would betray pretty much anyone for gain at any time

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

pangstrom posted:

I play soccer with a guy who supposedly "voted democrat his whole life" until 2008 and is not a racist and it's confusing as heck.

hes a racist

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mr. Wookums posted:

but Cleveland didn't literally burn down so it won't be that bad!

I wonder how many cops they had to bring in from other departments to keep the peace. I don't understand how nothing happened last week.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

wormass marxocracker thinks that racial minorities who vote for hillary because they fear for their lives under a hypothetical trump presidency are cowardly sheeple

baa baa black sheep pull the wool from your eyes

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
got a gyro, it was good. tzatziki is the kind of condiments

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

nutranurse posted:

hes a racist
I had a feeling you would post that but: he's not. I mean sure he is in the way everyone is but he's definitely well above the mean on that front.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

anyways im sure there are a lot worse ted talks than the disabled woman talking about her accomplishments like something about how we can feed the worlds poor with soylent and make money off it too

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
"You literally had two Presidential candidates wives give the same speech at both party conventions so I guess both the parties are pretty much the same"

Aeryk posted:

got a gyro, it was good. tzatziki is the kind of condiments

Gyros are great. Just the right amount of cool, crisp, warm, and tender.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Berke Negri posted:

anyways im sure there are a lot worse ted talks than the disabled woman talking about her accomplishments like something about how we can feed the worlds poor with soylent and make money off it too

Wait, did somebody unironically say a TED talk of a disabled woman talking about her life with prosthetics is the worst thing?

*readies fuckbarrel*

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

"""low information voters""""

nutranurse posted:

this alone discounts most of the smear i hear about her from my white lib friends, online and off, but they never seem to factor this in or think black people are low info voters

which is hilarious to me cause theyve clearly never spent any amount of time around black people and seen the intense political discussions that go on when a bunch of black people stand around long enough. we'd make uspol look civil.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

I wonder how many cops they had to bring in from other departments to keep the peace. I don't understand how nothing happened last week.
A lot. They did the bike riot training in the parking lot of the dog park I frequent. I then used the gained knowledge of crowd control in Total Warhammer.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

TED Talk Nation: Hack The Poor and Other Disruptive Social Policies for the 21st Century

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mr. Wookums posted:

A lot. They did the bike riot training in the parking lot of the dog park I frequent. I then used the gained knowledge of crowd control in Total Warhammer.

parteeeee youniteeeeee waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah I got called this is in class today so it carried over

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I'm not that condescending but I'm not going to approve of Hillary as a savior. She's not a fascist but it already has begun

Fuckbarreling me more

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Berke Negri posted:

wormass is, as a southern grandpa might say, 'a few corn cobs shy of a picnic'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

*extremely bespectacled tech guy in a $300 plain t-shirt* by killing the poor we can save a lot of money that we currently use on things like schools, roads, and healthcare

also, teach them to code!

• Locked thread