Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

well it wasn't the smallest convention bounce, but it may well have been the shortest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

I really don't know what cards could have been played better. Hillary's rapid response team has been on point at all times, A list surrogates have been hammering trump, mountains of ads on TV in swing states, strong policy positions, Trump making GBS threads his pants every five seconds. This is going to be one of those god awful "I'd have a bump of coke with him" elections isn't it?

please. that orange gently caress would invoice you on gold-embossed letterhead

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

I hope they have a mop.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Constant Hamprince posted:

well it wasn't the smallest convention bounce, but it may well have been the shortest

its from before the convention

n/m its 23-24, the twitter preview was loving up and saying 15-17

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/757621891859349508

Rick Wilson calls 4channers redditors, the ultimate troll. Great Job as usual Rick.

lmao I hope this was intentional

Boosted_C5 posted:

CNN is riding this video of Bernie getting booed for suggesting we elect Clinton and Kaine into the ground.

DON'T STOP NEVER STOP.

maybe this will be the DNC's "Ted Cruz speech" unifying moment

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Constant Hamprince posted:

We need more polls before we can say that things are trending up again for Clinton.

I need Rasmussen to tell me Clinton is up by 1 before I'll feel safe.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

deathbysnusnu posted:

I really don't know what cards could have been played better. Hillary's rapid response team has been on point at all times, A list surrogates have been hammering trump, mountains of ads on TV in swing states, strong policy positions, Trump making GBS threads his pants every five seconds. This is going to be one of those god awful "I'd have a bump of coke with him" elections isn't it?

It's an election rooted in anger that culminates 20 years of frenzied attacks against the Clintons and there's only so much that be done to work against that when you are pretty explicitly the status quo candidate. I don't think it's like Bush where people like him as a person. I could be totally off base, but it's hard to imagine someone watching Trump's speech and wanting to hang out with him.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 08:03 Eastern Standard Time
To: Support support@baileys.com
Subject: Lucky Charms Marshmallows Are Melting, Advice?

William Bear fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 25, 2016

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the 'yes you will' chant from the gopc was the most revealing thing in what people want from trump I think. it's not about relating to him or feeling like they're participating so much as just a guy who will force his way in and stop the enemy from allowing america to be great

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

deathbysnusnu posted:

It's hard to say how much better Sanders would be performing but Hillary is just such a toxic candidate. It seems like almost anyone else would be thrashing Trump more handily and inspiring the younger crowds/nontypical voters to vote downticket (basing apathy by said crowds on useless anecdotal evidence). Her VP pick could have been a lot more electrifying, that's for sure.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 25, 2016

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

(reviving a dead post) Note that "likely voters" assumes newly-registered voters will vote as often (not very) as the historical trends say they will. This proved to be false in the first Obama victory, and may prove false again with Trump and/or Clinton. Latino registration is rising rapidly, and if (big big if) the Latino vote is galvanized into action, that could change things. Same goes for Trump voters, depending on how many new voters he can get to the poll with his bigly ground organization.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Chapo Traphouse referenced "Vilerat's mom" on today's podcast. :frog:

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Zas posted:

the 'yes you will' chant from the gopc was the most revealing thing in what people want from trump I think. it's not about relating to him or feeling like they're participating so much as just a guy who will force his way in and stop the enemy from allowing america to be great

the contrast between the Trumpian "yes you will" and Obama's "yes we can" is really striking and an incredibly concise summation of each candidate's appeal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cigar Aficionado posted:

:smith:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cigar Aficionado posted:

hello Chapo guys, please stop breathing into your mics.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Crows Turn Off posted:

We need more polls before we can say that things are trending up again for Clinton.

I need Rasmussen to tell me Clinton is up by 1 before I'll feel safe.

If CNN has Trump +5, Rasmussen will have him at +20.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

https://twitter.com/dws/status/757302791513702400

him and @scottwalker6 should start a support group for twitter typo handles

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

A tidy sum.

Wait, hold on. Getting an incoming transmission from my KGB handler . . . .

6 hour probate for forums user Al! for ruining my cover? GOT IT!

I knew it!

(I can be bought if you give me a neat CCCP tag, or t-shirt, or '50s Soviet Vehicle that gets 50 hectares to a gallon of kerosene)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Bar Crow posted:

I hope they have a mop.

Unfortunately they're all still in use in Cleveland following Chuck Johnson's appearance there last week.

pantsofwar
Jul 14, 2006
Yea, becouse pants do go to war? Eh?
If Trump wins *(all hail Trump)* I am wondering what are glorious passports will look like?
Solid gold?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

TyroneGoldstein posted:

As someone who was politically cognizant at the time, this is depressing as all get-out. I mean what the Christ. The internet is a thing...These things can be researched. How can we possibly have exponentially more access to information and people just get more and more dense?

Actual research requires one to think "I lack knowledge in something" and then "I desire more knowledge about that something" and then "let's act upon this desire".

Many people falsely believe themselves to be knowledgeable already.
Echo chambers online or in a real life community allow one to feel knowledgeable since few disagree with unfounded arguments.
Easily-accessible media/websites provide additional unsubstantiated click-bait articles to entrench those positions.

Access to unlimited information is useless on its own. Self-reflecting on one's uncertainties and then seeking guidance on how to resolve them is crucial, but also takes genuine effort and the cognizance of personal shortcomings.

Thus, nothing matters, because no thing matters, because not enough people care to gain knowledge about thing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Karl Sharks posted:

DWS changed her profile picture to a man to distract us! Get her!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
CNN trump lady is crazy, has an annoying lisp

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

kalensc posted:

Thus, nothing matters, because no thing matters, because not enough people care to gain knowledge about thing.

Hail Satan.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

OUT OUT OUT

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pantsofwar posted:

If Trump wins *(all hail Trump)* I am wondering what are glorious passports will look like?
Solid gold?

The border guards will only accept precious metals so yes

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/757650904896139264

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Karl Sharks posted:

White nerds have @jonjones and @danielcormier and boy howdy do they have fun sometimes. The Jon Jones guy got so much poo poo Reebok sent him a box of stuff to say sorry for mistagging him once and has multiple articles written about him now.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

TyroneGoldstein posted:

As someone who was politically cognizant at the time, this is depressing as all get-out. I mean what the Christ. The internet is a thing...These things can be researched. How can we possibly have exponentially more access to information and people just get more and more dense?

All these politicians are like... the same, man

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Show me the map where Trump wins.

OK.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/R6eKB

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

pantsofwar posted:

Solid gold?

passports?? america will be so great no one will want to leave, also exit from the country is banned.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

pantsofwar posted:

Solid gold?

No passports, America is great now, why would you ever want to leave? *Glares at you while drumming nightstick against fingers*

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Agronox posted:

OUT OUT OUT

"REMEMBER WHEN I WAS THE TED CRUZ OF THE 2012 ELECTIONS?! NO, I'M NOT SHOUTING BECAUSE MY LIFE IS EMPTY NOW AND THE VOLUME IS THE ONLY THING HOLDING BACK THE TEARS AND RECRIMINATIONS OF MY NOW LOVELESS FAMILY LIFE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!"

You usually pull this poo poo after your relative wins, chuckles.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Who let Chuck Johnson into the convention?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xandu posted:

It's an election rooted in anger that culminates 20 years of frenzied attacks against the Clintons and there's only so much that be done to work against that when you are pretty explicitly the status quo candidate. I don't think it's like Bush where people like him as a person. I could be totally off base, but it's hard to imagine someone watching Trump's speech and wanting to hang out with him.

I think you are both right. Also, I watched Hillary on Charlie Rose last week, he had her on for the whole show. At one point, she made a reference to loving wonks, that she liked wonks and nerds or something to that effect. That's Hillary in a nutshell, she's a wonk. She's not the cool kid in school, she was the bookworm nerd. Bill was the cool kid. People aren't naturally attracted to wonks, you have to appreciate them for who they are and what they can do. So it comes down to a race between the school yard bully and the class nerd. I hope the nerd wins this one.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Exterminate the Trump bloodline.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

do it you fucker

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
We will never be free of the Trumps, just like how we will never be rid of the Bushes.

• Locked thread