Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

ReadingZucchini posted:

Is there some good explanation of how exactly infusion works since the April update?

Do the attribute bonuses of the infused armor increase along with the power level or what?

WYSIWYG 335 --> 335

Stats go up linearly but it's still RNG if it's actually a max stat roll or not. You can use something like Destiny Item Manager to look at your gear and tell you if it's close to max roll or not. There's a breakdown of what numbers are required for each armor type to qualify it as a max roll, but it's like 25/25 for class items and ghosts, and 45/45 for helmets, without the bonus perk applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ReadingZucchini posted:

Is there some good explanation of how exactly infusion works since the April update?

Do the attribute bonuses of the infused armor increase along with the power level or what?

Yes, but only because they've always scaled with light level.

The only change is that when you infuse the target item always rises to the exact level of the consumed item.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I wonder if they'll make an adjustment with RoI or if they'll just leave it and be cool with people running around with Tier 14 gear

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I wonder if they'll make an adjustment with RoI or if they'll just leave it and be cool with people running around with Tier 14 gear

Oh you know they're going to gently caress it up super hard.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I assume it'll be like the y1/y2 transition.. the amount necessary to hit tier 5 in a stat will increase meaning you'll have to upgrade or discard all your old stuff.

Stuff like that is pretty standard for MMO's.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

I assume it'll be like the y1/y2 transition.. the amount necessary to hit tier 5 in a stat will increase meaning you'll have to upgrade or discard all your old stuff.

Stuff like that is pretty standard for MMO's.

I wish stuff like armor could come with us. It's annoying when great armor designs are made useless because of obsolete stats. I miss my VoG Warlock armor... :(

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don't know how you guys play Control solo and actually enjoy it, or is it just Iron Banner Control that's so lovely?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nice glitch giving me the special items MS.

Shame Bungie's gonna make them unusable, I'd buy them if they ever went on sale themselves.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mill Village posted:

I don't know how you guys play Control solo and actually enjoy it, or is it just Iron Banner Control that's so lovely?

Solo rolling is almost always bad if you are of moderate skill level.
IB just ratchets up the sweat factor of a normal control match.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Alteisen posted:

Nice glitch giving me the special items MS.

Shame Bungie's gonna make them unusable, I'd buy them if they ever went on sale themselves.
to think you could have bought one good copy of destiny and gotten the items months ago

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

I wish stuff like armor could come with us. It's annoying when great armor designs are made useless because of obsolete stats. I miss my VoG Warlock armor... :(

I think the Y1 break was unique, the perk setup was broken for what they wanted to do with the game so they decided to just cut it off and move on with life. So far it sounds like ROI won't be making any of our stuff obsolete, it'll be infusable to whatever the new cap is.

Who knows what Destiny 2 will do though.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/67P07jw.gifv

Yeah, I think I'm finally done putting up with this poo poo.

SmallpoxJenkins fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 25, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ha ha destiny gave you the bird.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I was fighting a 3 man of redbar shitlords, and I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't one of them who hosed me somehow.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

I think the Y1 break was unique, the perk setup was broken for what they wanted to do with the game so they decided to just cut it off and move on with life.

I don't care about the Y1 perks - just give us back the armor designs.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

to think you could have bought one good copy of destiny and gotten the items months ago

tru

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Fuked up

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I was fighting a 3 man of redbar shitlords, and I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't one of them who hosed me somehow.

Nah it happens sometimes after a super sometimes for me in laggy matches and it's lame as gently caress

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mill Village posted:

Ib is worse because the match making is different and worse.

The better you are the worse your team mates and worse the connections.

poo poo team pubbies makes it harder because they dont understand where to push to and stop and where to hold their ground etc. At least when you have a good rando team they know how to cover a bros flank. Its a shame because it can be fun in a fireteam or when you get a good green lobby but the latter is near impossible.

Hopefully the the pvp reveal has something interesting. It wont

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Today is 2 years since the destiny beta was released.

I remember how hard it was to try and take down the sepiks prime strike.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/k2h3F3X.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/SLWRWYe.gifv

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

I remember how hard it was to try and take down the sepiks prime strike.

Largely because nobody knew how to take down the walker.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

I'm so loving hard right now

when people talk about the damage feedback of a shooter that separates destiny from something like overwatch, I want to show them this. I felt that knife melee down in my balls

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I just now realized he's wearing a Graviton Forfeit as a Bladedancer. :lol:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Speaking of wrecking people out of their super.

http://i.imgur.com/Yf2I5ki.gifv

Landfall or wait for full health, dipshit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And I kinda feel bad for the guy because GG is one of the easiest supers to gently caress up, but who cares, I won.

http://i.imgur.com/w1hnF66.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

And I kinda feel bad for the guy because GG is one of the easiest supers to gently caress up, but who cares, I won.

i'm the guy with "SNIPER" in his gamertag getting sniped like a bitch

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Eyes up Guardian.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If everything I have on is 335 except a 308 sniper why us my light 331.7 shouldn't it be 332.3? Does having a blue add a penalty?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Probably the classic armor/weapon slots are valued more then the new ghosts/artifacts. Edited for clarity :saddowns:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the slots have different weights. I'm sure someone on Reddit has sperged up the whole formula by now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guy posts on reddit that his destiny characters "mysteriously" disappeared.

Reddit spergs discover his trials K/D went from 0.93 to 4.0 in the course of a week, Bungie later posts that they looked at their logs and noticed new logins on his account from other parts of the world.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4uk2do/destiny_characters_vanished_on_xbox_one/d5qo75y

loving awesome, give your account to someone for a lighthouse run and when (I assume) you fail to pay up, the guy who boosted you purges your characters.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao what a shrub

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Dumb enough to pay for a passage, clever enough to pull a fast one, dumb enough to not change the password

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I just googled the cost for paying and holy poo poo. They have $150.00 USD for Rank 5 iron banner, what the gently caress. You can suck at PVP and still get there easily. Flawless trials is 85 USD if you give them your account. Who are these retards paying people to play a video game for them.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

xzzy posted:

he did manage to get a guy next to you with his dying shot, so it wasn't a complete loss I guess.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

you higher ranked dudes should get in on it, get to play good pvp with someone's lovely elo and make some cash at the same time

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Lyer posted:

you higher ranked dudes should get in on it, get to play good pvp with someone's lovely elo and make some cash at the same time

Might be the next step up from trash accounts.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Never got weylorans with viewtac oh well. The one with Shortgaze snapshot Grenadier and hot swap is pretty good. I don't think you need hh on that gun anyway with such a high base aim assist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got five of those rifles now, none a god roll but some interesting selectable perks I'm gonna wanna test out. Some high stability ones, might be fun.

• Locked thread