Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

What does it take to get into the DNC? I'm starting to doubt these are Dem supporters booing.

There are 1700 or so bernie delegates.

A New Dad posted:

This will totally get the establishment to pay attention to their issues and not just poo poo on them out of spite.

I know they should just get in line and behave that has gone amazingly so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
kick out the wooing guy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*Nays are louder*

"The Chair recognizes the Ayes have it"

(fuuuuck just keep it moving, fuuuuck)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

paranoid randroid posted:

betcha five imaginary dollars they boo Michelle Obama

IF they boo Michelle Rush/Hannity would ejaculate.

Maybe on each other.

No one wants that. Bernouts need to respect.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The American Left loves eating itself more than anything else.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Studio posted:

I mean, they don't really have anything to lose from their perspective.

except the GE

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

A New Dad posted:

This will totally get the establishment to pay attention to their issues and not just poo poo on them out of spite.

sure their issues will probably be shat on, but this isn't why

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Yudo posted:

There are 1700 or so bernie delegates.

I'm surprised if more than 200-300 of them are stirring up poo poo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Reminder: there was a floor protest of the platform in 2012 too, but they just gavelled through it, with actually more of a disturbance than you just saw. That's the advantage of the Rules of the House.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

yup, times like these i wish the left had an authoritarian bend like the right does

the "lock her up" bernie protesters sure do

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Montasque posted:

Maybe on each other.

they're going to do it

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/757680714364190720

also, on Fox, they cut to a visibly giddy Karl Rove on the floor to talk about the "chaos" but his mic isn't working

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Karl Sharks posted:

yup, times like these i wish the left had an authoritarian bend like the right does
Yeah, under Trump at least the trains ran on time dissent was squashed. (As a Bernie voter, I agree with you. We lost, get over it.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

logikv9 posted:

kick out the wooing guy

Ain't nothing wrong with hitting on a cool black Congresslady.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea, it's clear that there are MORE ayes. It's just that the nos are louder. It's not a literal volume contest.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i voted for bernie, and lol at people who can't handle losing and just want to boo ineffectually

you lost. its ok. better luck next time i guess

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Yudo posted:

I know they should just get in line and behave that has gone amazingly so far.

bernie lost, in every possible way, so why poo poo things up publicly like this?

he's gotten progressive positions on the platform and has raised popularity and support for the issues all over the nation

what does this accomplish?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

I'm surprised if more than 200-300 of them are stirring up poo poo.

Are you there or listening to this at all because it sounds like half the convention tbh

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Joementum posted:

Reminder: there was a floor protest of the platform in 2012 too, but they just gavelled through it, with actually more of a disturbance than you just saw. That's the advantage of the Rules of the House.

That's actually really disheartening.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

Maybe on each other.

Michelle won't be on until ~10pm. If this hasn't run out of steam by then it'll already be a mess.

My guess is things calm down after they got on to the boring Members of Congress speeches after the parliamentary business.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its cool and good these idiots are chanting trump noises. really makes me believe they would be a valuable part of the base, if only we could be respectful of their delicate, eggshell-thin feelings

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Is the DNC open access? I don't understand why these Republicans are there.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Karl Sharks posted:

bernie lost, in every possible way, so why poo poo things up publicly like this?

he's gotten progressive positions on the platform and has raised popularity and support for the issues all over the nation

Sanders and his campaign lost complete control of his delegates, the bernie CA delegates are chanting lock her up

should be entertaining though!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

the "lock her up" bernie protesters sure do

if they did they would follow bernie and behave

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
sounds like a lot of background talking even when she is speaking normally

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
Are these Bernie babies acting out, or is Trump the fascist taking over the DNC by force?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Face When posted:

That's actually really disheartening.

You've got to win the fights in the committees (which operate under Robert's Rules) before they hit the floor. The Bernie delegates won a lot of those fights this year. Not all, but a lot.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Eonwe posted:

i voted for bernie, and lol at people who can't handle losing and just want to boo ineffectually

:same:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

its cool and good these idiots are chanting trump noises. really makes me believe they would be a valuable part of the base, if only we could be respectful of their delicate, eggshell-thin feelings

Take them, please.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

sarmhan posted:

Yea, it's clear that there are MORE ayes. It's just that the nos are louder. It's not a literal volume contest.

I don't anything is clear. It doesn't really matter though although it is certainly Bad Optics

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mitt Romney posted:

Sanders and his campaign lost complete control of his delegates, the bernie CA delegates are chanting lock her up

take this dumb poo poo to the DNC thread thanks in advance

one guy is responsible after telling them to not do it for all of them

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Karl Sharks posted:

Have you heard the word of our lord and saviour Accelerationism?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Mitt Romney posted:

should be entertaining though!

hence my post on wishing they were more authoritarian like conservatives are

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Karl Sharks posted:

My thoughts exactly.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Karl Sharks posted:

For a lot of people (see the false, sad, low energy DNC thread for my discussion with one of them), "progressive" means never having anything less than everything you want. What you want doesn't matter, just that you get it, immediately, without compromise.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Eonwe posted:

The Left has a ridiculous Crab Bucket mentality that just won't allow this to happen.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Antti posted:

Have you heard the word of our lord and saviour Accelerationism?

PBUH

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

sarmhan posted:

it really just depends on how you feel

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Michelle won't be on until ~10pm. If this hasn't run out of steam by then it'll already be a mess.

My guess is things calm down after they got on to the boring Members of Congress speeches after the parliamentary business.

Yeah I can't see this going all night but my predictions so far this cycle have been kinda poo poo so what the hell do I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

There are one or two emails that might explain why people are angry perhaps you should look for them if you are not too busy at the many private big corporate big donor events at the DNC sponsored by Comcast.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread