Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

It was the best

"I cannot condone this kind of violence sure, but hey, you don't go union and these things can happen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

AKA Pseudonym posted:

So what are the chances a bunch of the idiots don't get to come back tomorrow?

hopefully 0, since that would send entirely the wrong message

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

botany posted:

hopefully 0, since that would send entirely the wrong message

yeah why do people want this. Good way to show party unity I guess.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Kumo posted:

It's like watching a constipated bullfrog.
Raul Grijalva is loving awesome, shut up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm the WHOOOO

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I just tuned in, are the Bernouts literally booing whenever Hilldawg's mentioned?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Filthy Hans posted:

I just tuned in, are the Bernouts literally booing whenever Hilldawg's mentioned?

more or less, and cheering when anyone says Bernie Sanders

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Filthy Hans posted:

They've died down considerably after a weird lady invoked the name of Dumbledore

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SHE SAID CITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE

THAT'S THE BATTERY CUE

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh no this lady is bad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oh poo poo its huggable Laura Bush

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

more or less, and cheering when anyone says Bernie Sanders

what a loving mess

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
RUN FROM THE BATTERIES NITA YOU CAN'T HANDLE A PHILLY CROWD!

I actually like her but she can never not talk like a cartoon Kindergarten teacher

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Holy cow this woman is definitely a teacher. She says "Good evening!" and literally the entire convention center says "Good evening!" back.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

What's the battery thing about, was this something kicking around S4P when I wasn't paying attention?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They've died down considerably after a weird lady invoked the name of Dumbledore and more white people started talking

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I know literally nothing about Philly, but can someone explain to me the battery thing?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Gail Wynand posted:

What's the battery thing about, was this something kicking around S4P when I wasn't paying attention?

its because philly is poo poo at sporting events, booing small children and even santa claus

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Kumo posted:

It's like watching a constipated bullfrog.

Nah apparently the Bernouts are saving that for Hildog's speech.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

seiferguy posted:

I know literally nothing about Philly, but can someone explain to me the battery thing?

philly sports fans are notorious for throwing batteries at players, opposing fans, etc.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gail Wynand posted:

Google "philly sports fans"

It is the greatest

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
9/11 take 20 drinks

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

its because philly is poo poo at sporting events, booing small children and even santa claus

they didn't boo santa

they threw ice and rocks at santa

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

There has been no other chanting. There has been booing when the speaker says "Hillary", but the Bernouts specifically yelled out "mic check!" to start the "No TPP" chant during Cummings and Cummings only.

There absolutely was chanting before, it actually happened. So then you're left with two possibilities- either they mic checked to make the chants more cohesive/louder, or they did it specifically to shout down Cummings. Again, if it's the latter, I completely agree that it is lovely and garbage, but I'm not making that assumption. In fact, there is chanting going on right now (Rep. Nita Lowey is speaking).

I'm glad that people other than the politicians are making their voices heard here, and I wish something similar had happened at the RNC. I like the idea of politics being less of perfectly packaged entertaining soundbites and more about people expressing their views on important issues.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Is she reading from a pop up book?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
please do not make fun of that little child that was standing on a box behind the podium because he's basically a preppier dressed philadelphian version of me

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Reason posted:

9/11 take 20 drinks

just wait till this speech is over, then down a fifth

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

15 years later & 9/11 is still being used as a political cudgel.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gail Wynand posted:

seiferguy posted:

Philly sports fans are garbage people who do things like throw batteries at people for reasons ranging from 'drunk' to 'drunk and racist'

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://www.theonion.com/article/d-battery-elected-to-philadelphia-sports-hall-of-f-32026

The onion knocks it outta the park as always, "D Battery Elected to Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame"

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Rollofthedice posted:

please do not make fun of that little child that was standing on a box behind the podium because he's basically a preppier dressed philadelphian version of me

i am sorry for ur lots

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

I'm not sure Philly's history, but in NY after John Rocker dissed NYC the next time he was to pitch was designated "battery day" and everyone was given a battery upon entering Yankee Stadium. John Rocker did not pitch that day.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

they didn't boo santa

they threw ice and rocks at santa

To be fair, Santa was drunk and a bit belligerent

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kumo posted:

15 years later & 9/11 is still being used as a political cudgel.

crazy how the single defining moment of a generation can do that

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Are there any more minority civil rights speakers for Bernouts to chant over coming out anytime soon?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

To be fair, Santa was drunk and a bit belligerent

santa was the santa that Philly deserved

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Google "philly sports fans"

It is the greatest

21-year-old Matthew Clemens was upset that a friend of his was ejected from a Phillies-Nationals game in April. Clemens and his friends were enjoying themselves at the ballgame, using profane language and spitting, sometimes hitting fans in front of them with phlegm. Off-duty Easton, Pa. police officer Michael Vangelo was at the game with his two daughters and their friend. After his daughter was hit with a loogie, Vangelo complained to security, who ejected Clemens' friend. Clemens protested the ejection the way he best knew how: by sticking his fingers down his throat and forcing himself to vomit on Vangelo and his family. He later pled guilty to simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Just tuned in on CSPAN and the crowd seems pretty stoked for this lady.

Boos for Trump.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
man how is she still talking. she looks like something out of doctor who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
yes, we're allowed to boo trump

• Locked thread