Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Big meltdown? Pretty sure it was only you all overreacting on me laughing that he didnt know about his own governor's disability that is common knowledge if you know of the governor which most people in the tri state area are aware of. But that set you off on trying to think up every example you could draw to make it a bigger deal than saying he doesnt know something simple and unique.

All I did is call people on hypocrisy and toxicity. And all that's happening is you few are proving me correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Koalas March posted:

i actually do think it's interesting that presumably non-black people are dogpiling a black guy with black slang tbh

actual question, is "salty" black slang? i thought it was an internet gaming thing :shrug:

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

more like presidential assassin Drew Carey

Dude was a Marine.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
...was that a quote from Jon Oliver?

Gangsta Boogie
Jan 16, 2006

Yinlock posted:

you're sticking up for people that are trying to sabotage the person running against the man who wants to deport you all at gunpoint

so counterpoint: gently caress you

lol at their attempts to sabotage her being anymore significant than the ACTUAL measures taken to sabotage the man who was going to not only work to bring that man down but make it better for people like me than anyone before

But gently caress me right?

Talk about privilege

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
This lady is going to shout out a lung

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Their audio blows. I can make out random dudes shouting things at times.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that teacher lost her poo poo and it was fantastic

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Magres posted:

actual question, is "salty" black slang? i thought it was an internet gaming thing :shrug:

no, it started with black folks and trickled down like basic, fuckboy, on fleek, pressed etc

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Jesus lady calm down.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Quorum posted:

Friend, the Bernouts are currently booing all the minorities.

Don't get me wrong, this is something like 5% of the delegates, a vocal and lovely minority. Bernie himself has asked them to stop being so rude. You don't need to defend them.

Your first statement is disingenuous.

Part of my frustration does in fact stem from liberals charging protestors as rude, disrespectful, stupid, etc., which encourages the inherent association of protest with something derogatory, thereby maintaining the status quo through social influence. By patronizing me and making a flippant untrue statement that lumps all non-Hillary voters/protesters into the same group, you are embodying this process.

Also, just because Bernie has asked his supporters to tone it down doesn't mean that they are being hypocrites or whatever for not doing so. These are a group of voters who are rallying around issues that they feel (sometimes correctly) are not being represented by the platform. Bernie isn't their god. They feel frustrated and want to speak out and they are doing so.

Yinlock posted:

you're sticking up for people that are trying to sabotage the person running against the man who wants to deport you all at gunpoint

so counterpoint: gently caress you

Why is it sabotage to express issues that matter to you? Don't their voices matter just as much as those people who agree with Hillary's/the DNC's platform? They feel that they aren't being represented by the platform so they are speaking up. They probably feel that this is their last chance to make it known on a national level before the inevitable Clinton/Kaine election.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gangsta Boogie posted:

lol at their attempts to sabotage her being anymore significant than the ACTUAL measures taken to sabotage the man who was going to not only work to bring that man down but make it better for people like me than anyone before

Talk about privilege
Hillary won by more than 10 million votes. Even Florida in 2000 couldn't sabotage that kind of margin of victory.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Magres posted:

I've been hearing salty used like that since the late 90s

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Talk about privilege

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I still can't read the schedule and I'm sad.

I guess coming up is Pam Livegood? so after that it's like 2 or 3 more before we get to Bernie and Michelle

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nitrousoxide posted:

Jesus lady calm down.

Look, they needed someone to match Rudy Giulliani's intensity.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Democratic Party: Retards, Drunks and Addicts

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Talk about privilege

edit: I don't know why but ive been enjoying the endless salt pictures. I'm tired.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Talk about privilege

Yes I'm sure the man who did nothing to outreach to minorities would show up to your home on a cloud of rainbows and fart gold onto your doorstep.

You're extremely dumb and would rather be deported at gunpoint than support someone else because your guy lost. You salty.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Talk about privilege

It's all right man. Others wanted him to win too. I thought it was our last best shot at concrete reforms before things get really messy.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Who's the first big name of the night? Michelle? When is she going on?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Talk about privilege

Bernie wasn't doing poo poo for us. Yea, he marched a few times in the 60's, but he couldn't even bother coming down to where the most of us live and throw us a loving bone during the primaries. He only started talking about his Civil Rights record when he realized he wasn't getting our votes.

Gangsta Boogie
Jan 16, 2006

gfsincere posted:

I'm a black man that earned his better computer and more money, and I'm here to tell you that you should probably stop sticking up for people who would cause Trump to win and it wouldn't hurt their lily white lives in the least.

Also, gently caress you.

Im sticking up for no one. The reading comprehension in here is outstanding. I am pointing out toxicity and hypocrisy of people demonizing frustrations of people who actually understand.

No one is causing Trump to win if he were to somehow miraculously win but the party that had a candidate that couldnt win the votes they needed because its not what people wanted.

But yes, gently caress me. The attacks show such unity. Great party, tons of fun.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Your mom's kinda fuckable friend/yoga instructor.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Scott Forstall posted:

Who's the first big-name of the night? Michelle? When is she going on?

Bernie and Michelle are the last speakers, I think. There's two more after this lady, then Bernie, then Michelle.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kumo posted:

It's all right man. Others wanted him to win too. I thought it was our last best shot at concrete reforms before things get really messy.

Honestly I wanted Bernie to stay in Senate because meaningful leftist reforms are not gonna come from the executive branch

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Scott Forstall posted:

Who's the first big name of the night? Michelle? When is she going on?

it's Michelle but Bernie is being treated as the big one and he's on before her

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Your first statement is disingenuous.

Part of my frustration does in fact stem from liberals charging protestors as rude, disrespectful, stupid, etc., which encourages the inherent association of protest with something derogatory, thereby maintaining the status quo through social influence. By patronizing me and making a flippant untrue statement that lumps all non-Hillary voters/protesters into the same group, you are embodying this process.

Also, just because Bernie has asked his supporters to tone it down doesn't mean that they are being hypocrites or whatever for not doing so. These are a group of voters who are rallying around issues that they feel (sometimes correctly) are not being represented by the platform. Bernie isn't their god. They feel frustrated and want to speak out and they are doing so.

Why is it sabotage to express issues that matter to you? Don't their voices matter just as much as those people who agree with Hillary's/the DNC's platform? They feel that they aren't being represented by the platform so they are speaking up. They probably feel that this is their last chance to make it known on a national level before the inevitable Clinton/Kaine election.

There was a platform committee made up of members elected by their votes, and it achieved a lot. That it may not have achieved everything they wanted is the essence of democracy.

And I don't think it's sabotage; I think it will be ultimately inconsequential and nobody gives a poo poo in the long run. It's just gross and ugly, and reveals their inability to accept wins for what they are.

Quorum fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 26, 2016

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Hillary won by more than 10 million votes. Even Florida in 2000 couldn't sabotage that kind of margin of victory.

You might wanna check your figures, 10 million votes is something like 38% of all votes cast in the primary

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wow way to go shouting down a random woman talking about how her family had been destroyed by substance abuse

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

They probably feel that this is their last chance to make it known on a national level before the inevitable Clinton/Kaine election.
Trump is now ahead in the RealClearPolitics average of polls. There's nothing inevitable about a Clinton victory. You seem to think this is an intellectual exercise and not a battle for the literal future of the world.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Are people loving booing the woman talking about how her daughter's life was ruined by addiction and her grandchild almost got taken away?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Rebochan posted:

Veruca was the one that got attacked by squirrels :colbert:

Damnit, that sounds even better.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Im sticking up for no one. The reading comprehension in here is outstanding. I am pointing out toxicity and hypocrisy of people demonizing frustrations of people who actually understand.

No one is causing Trump to win if he were to somehow miraculously win but the party that had a candidate that couldnt win the votes they needed because its not what people wanted.

But yes, gently caress me. The attacks show such unity. Great party, tons of fun.

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Scott Forstall posted:

Who's the first big-name of the night? Michelle? When is she going on?

Michelle is the last speaker tonight. Bernie is first I think, and I thought that Elizabeth Warren was speaking as well but I don't see her on the official website lineup.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Are people loving booing the woman talking about how her daughter's life was ruined by addiction and her grandchild almost got taken away?

Sounded like it. Its disgusting.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

These people are salt incarnate.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
MSNBC apparently thinks Bernie is going to go all Ted Cruz by repeatedly asking anyone from the Hillary camp whether or not they've seen his speech.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Feeling something does not make it true. If they ~feel~ they aren't being represented by a platform that has openly taken their principles in mind for policy decisions then it was never actually about policy, they just hate Hillary a whole lot.

• Locked thread