Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Im sticking up for no one. The reading comprehension in here is outstanding. I am pointing out toxicity and hypocrisy of people demonizing frustrations of people who actually understand.

No one is causing Trump to win if he were to somehow miraculously win but the party that had a candidate that couldnt win the votes they needed because its not what people wanted.

But yes, gently caress me. The attacks show such unity. Great party, tons of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fulchrum posted:

Are people loving booing the woman talking about how her daughter's life was ruined by addiction and her grandchild almost got taken away?

She supports Clinton and not the old man from Vermont who thinks that the solution to heroin issues is to stop giving so dag many pain pills to people, while ignoring that it's already next to impossible to get needed pain medication for many Americans.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If she didn't run as Mean Jeanne Shaheen I'm going to be upset

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol that lady just came out to loving ska

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
lol reel big fish

Probably not the song you wanna use though rbh

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

lol, the band

Sellout - Reel Big Fish

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The walkout music sounds like the America's Funniest Home Videos theme

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Gangsta Boogie posted:

Im sticking up for no one. The reading comprehension in here is outstanding. I am pointing out toxicity and hypocrisy of people demonizing frustrations of people who actually understand.

No one is causing Trump to win if he were to somehow miraculously win but the party that had a candidate that couldnt win the votes they needed because its not what people wanted.

But yes, gently caress me. The attacks show such unity. Great party, tons of fun.

no offense but regardless of who is in the right in this discussion, you're just digging a deeper hole at this point. best to take a break and do something you enjoy because the people you're trying to persuade aren't going to be moved

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
We get it Bernouts; you hate the DNC. Just :frogout: now and let this dumb cover music festival continue.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Gangsta Boogie posted:

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Trump is now ahead in the RealClearPolitics average of polls. There's nothing inevitable about a Clinton victory. You seem to think this is an intellectual exercise and not a battle for the literal future of the world.

Demographics don't support a Republican president, check your vacuum lines because you're not accelerating that quickly

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gangsta Boogie posted:

so did you miss the literal "can we start a white progressive party" quote. And these are "the people who actually understand"?

So your solution is to side with white supremacists, for some reason? What?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Kumo posted:

lol, the band

Sellout - Reel Big Fish

I am glad that I was not hallucinating that.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
You can really tell who lived through the 90s based on their recognition of 3rd wave Ska songs

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

rscott posted:

You might wanna check your figures, 10 million votes is something like 38% of all votes cast in the primary
I'm not sure why I had that number in my head. 3.7 million vote margin nonetheless.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
terrific is not the adjective I would use for fatalities

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Real talk Sanders answering that debate question saying it's 'too easy' to get pain killers was one of my first 'gently caress this guy' moments, especially when Clinton loving knocked the answer out of the part

Gangsta Boogie
Jan 16, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

Bernie wasn't doing poo poo for us. Yea, he marched a few times in the 60's, but he couldn't even bother coming down to where the most of us live and throw us a loving bone during the primaries. He only started talking about his Civil Rights record when he realized he wasn't getting our votes.

lol I wasnt even trying to get into my politics because it sounds like I am some diehard Sanders supporter which is the furthest thing from the truth, he is just the first worthwhile candidate to me, but if you think his platform (which is now adopted) didnt do poo poo for you, and that "marching a few times" for the rights of black people instead of demonizing them or supporting groups that demonize them is not worth as much as coming to your town to put on party and pander to you personally about having hot sauce in his purse, then you kinda deserve things not getting any better for you.

Gangsta Boogie fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 26, 2016

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Also, just because Bernie has asked his supporters to tone it down doesn't mean that they are being hypocrites or whatever for not doing so. These are a group of voters who are rallying around issues that they feel (sometimes correctly) are not being represented by the platform. Bernie isn't their god. They feel frustrated and want to speak out and they are doing so.

It does fit into the accusation that this supporters don't actually care about him or his values, and only about his cult of personality and sense of righteousness. Booing Hillary Clinton doesn't actually rally around any issue at all. Bernie's gotten more power in losing the primary than he's had in his decades in congress. His issues are in the platform, DWS is gone, and there is no conceivable scenario in which anything the DNC actually did made Hillary lose and Bernie win.

Their frustrations appear to be, more than anything, being on the losing side. Taking everyone down with you and helping (or even voting for) Donald Trump doesn't prove anything to those people who you haven't convinced except that you're a sore loser.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is a sick concert btw

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I'll take the salt memes over Reddit/Facebook quotes any day of the week.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

terrific is not the adjective I would use for fatalities

I mean TECHNICALLY it's correct...

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

"Let me use a man's life to make a point, Bob stand up here a minute, show the people you're track marks."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Real talk Sanders answering that debate question saying it's 'too easy' to get pain killers was one of my first 'gently caress this guy' moments, especially when Clinton loving knocked the answer out of the part

Sanders has great and important ideas but there were several signs during the campaign he didn't have the range of issues a president has to deal with

his foreign policy was basically the sound of crickets

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CHEERS FOR NARCAN

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Gangsta Boogie posted:

lol I wasnt even trying to get into my politics because it sounds like I am some diehard Sanders supporter which is the furthest thing from the truth, he is just the first worthwhile candidate to me, but if you think his platform (which is now adopted) didnt do poo poo for you, and that "marching a few times" for the rights of black people instead of demonizing them or supporting groups that demonize them is not worth as much as coming to your town to put on party and pander to you personally about having hot sauce in his purse, then you kinda deserve things getting any better for you.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Full schedule: https://www.demconvention.com/event-categories/july-25/

Gangsta Boogie
Jan 16, 2006

emdash posted:

no offense but regardless of who is in the right in this discussion, you're just digging a deeper hole at this point. best to take a break and do something you enjoy because the people you're trying to persuade aren't going to be moved

Im not trying to persuade anyone of anything. There is no such possible thing. Privilege is strong and everyone is always right to themselves. I just dont sit back and let people have their party without being called on their poo poo when the time and place is right. And the internet is a much better place to do that then a convention that represents us, so Im doing it.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

his foreign policy was basically the sound of crickets

to be fair, so is Clinton's after the bombs stop.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what exactly is hillary's plan to fix drug addiction?

in general it seems like democrats plan is throw people in jail mostly so is it just more of that?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am gonna get my wisdom teeth removed soon and I am tempted to ask for some opiods because I kinda want to see what all the fuss is about

See you guys in the gutter in about a year

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait, who?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Huh didn't know Lovato was there, coolies

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Kumo posted:

to be fair, so is Clinton's after the bombs stop.

This is dumb, considering she's been Secretary of State, a job that involves diplomacy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I swear to god I thought she said Chameleon Americans

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Devi Lovato?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
who's the sparkly woman talking now? I missed her intro

o Demi Lovato

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Political demagogue Demi Lovato!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Reason posted:

also what exactly is hillary's plan to fix drug addiction?

in general it seems like democrats plan is throw people in jail mostly so is it just more of that?

treat it as a public health issue, focus on treatment, better equip local cops to handle addicts than 'beat them to death and/or throw them in a cell to DT'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
talking about mental illness is absolutely somethingt hat didn't get brought up last week

• Locked thread