Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy shoulda been a heist movie, come to think of it.

All the planning for Ant-Man being the "heist movie" series in Marvel's catalog probably put a stop to any potential of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
‘The Flash’: ‘Dope’ Actress Kiersey Clemons to Star as Iris West in Movie

quote:

Kiersey Clemons has closed a deal to star opposite Ezra Miller in “The Flash” movie.

Variety first reported earlier this month that she was the top choice for the female lead in the Warner Bros. film.

Insiders reveal that Clemons is likely to play Iris West, the tough-as-nails journalist and friend of Barry Allen, the Flash’s alter ego.

Kind of weird the way the note is redacted though. ("likely to play"?) But is Variety so who knows.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

‘The Flash’: ‘Dope’ Actress Kiersey Clemons to Star as Iris West in Movie

Kind of weird the way the note is redacted though. ("likely to play"?) But is Variety so who knows.

Oh boy *grabs popcorn*

Real talk: Clemons was legit in Dope and she's more than likely gonna knock out the Iris role if it's hers.

Other movie talk: Karl Urban posted this. Glad they're keeping close to the source for Skurge.
https://twitter.com/KarlUrban/status/757539282152062976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CBR posted:

Following the disappointing critical and commercial response to “Batman v Superman,” intended to be the cornerstone of the DC Comics cinematic universe, there was a lot riding on this first look at “Justice League.” Warner Bros. and director Zack Snyder had to assure audiences there was more to their superheroes than a grim tone, dour expressions and dull colors. With this reel cobbled together for Comic-Con International, they managed to do just that.

Sure, everything still looks as if it were filmed through a cyan fog (it is still Snyder, after all), but despite the suggest high stakes of the storyline, there’s a welcome lightness to the footage. It’s not merely from the inclusion of Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen, either; there’s honest-to-goodness warmth in the exchange between Ben Affleck’s Batman and Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman. -- Kevin Melrose

The first trailer for Warner Bros.' "Wonder Woman" certainly delivers. Gal Gadot's Diana Prince may have showed up in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," but she truly shines in this first look at her solo film, which introduces fan-favorite characters like Etta Candy, Hippolyta and Steve Trevor.

Unlike the dour "Batman v Superman," "Wonder Woman" bursts with color and warmth as Diana discovers the world of man and makes her own way in it. That’s not to say, of course, that it isn't also action-packed: Diana proves herself to be every bit the fierce warrior she promised to be in her first appearance. Several sequences -- like Wonder Woman standing strong against a hailstorm of bullets -- become instantly iconic, even as the horror of war is balanced by humor and the characters' chemistry. Here, the DC Comics superheroine is just as defiant and compassionate as her comic book counterpart, providing fans with a good reason to get excited for the film. -- Meagan Damore

I really hate CBR at times :cripes:

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I really hate CBR at times :cripes:

Contorting the plainly seen facts with 'the narrative'.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
The color and warmth of the Somme.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

"Have we called BvS dour in this paragraph yet? Well pepper it in there a few times to be safe."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

feedmyleg posted:

Have you seen those buns in The Fly? Dude can get it.

The ones he pukes on to liquify them and then sucks up through a straw? That was depicted off camera.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BiggerBoat posted:

The ones he pukes on to liquify them and then sucks up through a straw? That was depicted off camera.

Those were donuts.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

His dong was in a jar though.

That was fun.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I now have an unreasonable grown rear end man crush on Gal Gadot.

Like, holy poo poo, I thought she was cool in BvS and all but suddenly after seeing her in those two trailers for WW and JL I've gone all completely :swoon: over her.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Justice League trailer makes me think "awesome heist movie" and I'm bummed it's just gonna be generic villain smashing

Nothing in the trailer makes it seem like a typical villain smashing flick, if anything it actually looks like they're trying to get INTO something. Other than Batfleck talking about something bad coming and the hints that BvS leaves during it's denouement do we even know if there's a big bad in Justice League?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AndyElusive posted:

Us cool kids have liked her since Fast & Furious 4.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah yes, the colorful and warm setting, World War I.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AndyElusive posted:

Like, holy poo poo, I thought she was cool in BvS and all but suddenly after seeing her in those two trailers for WW and JL I've gone all completely :swoon: over her.

Nothing in the trailer makes it seem like a typical villain smashing flick, if anything it actually looks like they're trying to get INTO something. Other than Batfleck talking about something bad coming and the hints that BvS leaves during it's denouement do we even know if there's a big bad in Justice League?

It's rumored to be Steppenwolf setting the stage for Darkseid. You may have seen him in that deleted scene doing some weird poo poo with Eisenberg. Nobody really knows anything yet though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

AndyElusive posted:

There have been supposed leaks saying it's Steppenwolf, with Darkseid being around to be ominous and threatening without actually doing anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

It's rumored to be Steppenwolf setting the stage for Darkseid. You may have seen him in that deleted scene doing some weird poo poo with Eisenberg. Nobody really knows anything yet though.

I have also seen rumors that they capture the newly reborn Superman and brainwash him into being their servant.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I really could do without the lovely Hack Snyder analysis delivered to my virtual doorstep. Please just link that poo poo, if you don't mind.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

I have also seen rumors that they capture the newly reborn Superman him into being their servant.

That won't work again, Batman now hands out glossy composites of both his and Superman's mother with = MARTHA = superimposed between the two photos. Every JLA member has a few in their wallet. Like 8 out of 12 belt batpouches just have one of these folded up inside. The batwing's anti-missile flares were replaced with confetti versions of the same thing, Waller bought the unused flares at a discount for her helicopters.

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013
Any links floating about of the Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 - Comic Con Footage? I can't seem to find a working link anywhere and I'm busting to see Kurt as Starlords dad.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I have also seen rumors that they capture the newly reborn Superman and brainwash him into being their servant.

That would certainly fit with Bruce's nightmare vision and Barry's warning. It would make Lois the key to bringing him back.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is it the same actor who played Flash in bvs?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Is it the same actor who played Flash in bvs?

Ezra Miller? Yes. He's also in this year's Harry Potter spinoff.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Ezra Miller? Yes. He's also in this year's Harry Potter spinoff.

Oh what?! He's in Doctor Strange?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Rhyno posted:

This would actually be interesting and thus will never happen.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I will point out for the sake of argument that a historical event being very horrific need not literally mean that everything looked grey and overcast. The Great Escape takes place in a POW camp and it's colorful as poo poo.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Rhyno posted:

Superman can't catch a break in these films!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I will point out for the sake of argument that a historical event being very horrific need not literally mean that everything looked grey and overcast. The Great Escape takes place in a POW camp and it's colorful as poo poo.

That's probably more because it's supposed to be this daring tale of escape from an oppressive faction and is painted in a hopeful/vibrant light.

... Yeah I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, just the first thing that came to mind with the words "GREAT ESCAPE"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

It's no Martian Manhunter but it could be pretty cool and a good way to have a powerful threat for the movie.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

What's interesting about brainwashing? Is there ever a way to resolve it beyond a loved one making an impassioned last-ditch effort to appeal to their good side, and then they hesitate for a moment, shed a tear, and their eyes change back to non-evil colors?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Clark, REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Wonder Woman will rescue Superman from the brainwashing by banging his head against a handrail, like, really hard or something.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
You just need Black Widow to bash his head on a pipe.

^Goddammit!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Maxwell Lord posted:

I will point out for the sake of argument that a historical event being very horrific need not literally mean that everything looked grey and overcast.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Batman: MARTHA!

*Superman continues attacking JL*

Batman: Well I'm out of ideas.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Batman: MARTHA!

*Superman continues attacking JL*

Batman: Well I'm out of ideas.

Either this, or Batman will remember he conveniently packed his Reverse Brainwashing Bat Spray

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

After they removed Doomsdays body, Batman must have retrieved the krytonite spear.

Just use that on Brainwashed Supermans brain.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

After they removed Doomsdays body, Batman must have retrieved the krytonite spear.

Just use that on Brainwashed Supermans brain.

Superman snaps out of it, but his brain is damaged. He tries to be a hero, but causes more destruction. Batman is forced to kill again; as he dons his armor, he starts to cry...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/RickFamuyiwa/status/757739138799984640

https://twitter.com/KierseyClemons/status/757724247418507264

I wonder why they are being coy about the role.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Comedy Option: Clemons is Linda Park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

AndyElusive posted:

I've seen some king of yore bury what I guess is a motherbox, that will probably be this movie's thingy everybody wants.

• Locked thread